Twodogs
06-05-2016, 11:47 PM
Three things.

GVGjr
07-05-2016, 09:52 PM
You know the rules, 3 things you have learned from tonights game

bulldogtragic
07-05-2016, 11:16 PM
1. All the talk about the EF last year at the MCG making no difference is BS. We deserved it and it was rightfully ours.
2. This is huge!!!!!!!
3. Seeing Bob in the rooms now makes me think we might just have got him closer to playing on.

Rance Fan
07-05-2016, 11:24 PM
1 Redpath straightens us up and inturn helps out Stringer
2 Wallis & libba what a great combo
3 Good 4 quarter effort

Ghost Dog
07-05-2016, 11:25 PM
1. Fantastic young side that fights and stood up to a very good Crows side. First win over a top eight side. Well done.
2. Happy for Redpath
3. Ignore what others say about Jake Stringer. Pushed through with a corkie. Kicked 4. 4 quarter effort.

comrade
07-05-2016, 11:34 PM
1. Thank the lord we are masters at restricting opposition forward 50s, otherwise we'd be giving up cricket scores every week with Adams and Roberts manning the fort. Adams gets some leeway but Roberts isn't an AFL defender. Doesn't have the body or the IQ to get it done under pressure. Time to blood Cordy or Collins.

2. Not a big fan of big Red but if he brings that each week he's entitled to his spot in the team.

3. We obviously have a very teachable group. The heat was on yet we still tried to hit up targets in the 50 rather than just bomb it over and again. Well coached by Bevo after having his colours lowered last week.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-05-2016, 11:53 PM
1. Bont and Stringer stepped up tonight and took responsibility when we really needed them to.
2. Roberts and Adcock played themselves out of the team. Adcock doubts himself and Roberts needs a hit of adrenalin.
3. Wallis and Libba, great pair of contesting beasts with the spirit of Charlie Sutton.

AndrewP6
08-05-2016, 12:08 AM
1. Roberts needs to go back to Footscray. Adams too but I'll give him another go.
2. These Pups can be challenged, and fight. And stand up
3. Big Red can give us what we need.

westbulldog
08-05-2016, 12:20 AM
1. Jack Redpath deserves his selection.
2. In spite of our injury list we beat a top 4 contender in a pressure game.
3. Don Pike has quickly developed the same expressions as Brad Scott when things don't go his way.

SlimPickens
08-05-2016, 12:33 AM
1. A lead up forward is incredibly important for our structure.
2. We need to develop a key defender.
3. Josh Jenkins is a dead set gun.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-05-2016, 12:48 AM
1. A lead up forward is incredibly important for our structure.
2. We need to develop a key defender.
3. Josh Jenkins is a dead set gun.

Echoed on all three accounts. It's why I wanted Redpath to play (and why we miss Crameri), why we need to blood Collins/Cordy and why I laugh that Essendon had Jenkins on their rookie list.

GVGjr
08-05-2016, 12:52 AM
1 - Sometimes you have to ignore form at Footscray and go with the right fit....sometimes.
2 - Tonight's win only makes me more determined that we still owe the Crows a couple of more beatings because it settles nothing.
3 - We need to do some remedy work with Macrae and his kicking but I'm wondering if it can be fixed the season.

bornadog
08-05-2016, 01:12 AM
1. We haven't yet developed an A grade tall backman with Jenkins Waite etc out marking us.

2. A taller forward line helps the whole structure.

3. We have the best midfield in the AFL

always right
08-05-2016, 01:27 AM
1. The Roughy/Campbell combo is working.
2. Redpath should be judged on more than his stats.
3. Roberts simply isn't up to it

hujsh
08-05-2016, 01:50 AM
3 - We need to do some remedy work with Macrae and his kicking but I'm wondering if it can be fixed the season.

I've seen a few comments on his kicking tonight but I thought (with the exception of the shot at goal he didn't take) he was actually quite good and attacking with his disposal.

Maybe I'm alone but I didn't see any around the corner, not quite there kicks.

Ozza
08-05-2016, 02:07 AM
1. Although we did give up one late goal from a kick in, we have clearly worked on the 'late in the game, narrow lead set up' at least a bit. We had 9 in defence at the last two centre bounces (and somehow had the composure to find Dale wide twice!)

2. In Bont and Daniel we have two 'top 1%'s' in terms of clean hands crumbing a marking contest.

3. Easton Wood can play one hell of a captains knock.

merantau
08-05-2016, 02:10 AM
1. Wally Libba Dahl - dementedly tough in close
2. Matty Boyd and the Gloved One - steady hands on the tiller.
3. Stringaaaaarrrr and the Bont - crunched the big moments - pure class.

Ghost Dog
08-05-2016, 02:20 AM
1. Thank the lord we are masters at restricting opposition forward 50s, otherwise we'd be giving up cricket scores every week with Adams and Roberts manning the fort. Adams gets some leeway but Roberts isn't an AFL defender. Doesn't have the body or the IQ to get it done under pressure. Time to blood Cordy or Collins.

2. Not a big fan of big Red but if he brings that each week he's entitled to his spot in the team.

3. We obviously have a very teachable group. The heat was on yet we still tried to hit up targets in the 50 rather than just bomb it over and again. Well coached by Bevo after having his colours lowered last week.

Too one dimensional? Despite his limitations I'll take his accuracy. Feel more confident when he has it than some who have been in our best 22 for some time.

Remi Moses
08-05-2016, 03:51 AM
1. Dale Morris is a sensational footballer
2. We won a game that had all the heartbreak bulldog loss about it
3. We have one heck of a deep midfield

comrade
08-05-2016, 08:24 AM
One thing I'm glad we didn't have to learn...

What would have happened from the kick out if Bonti missed the shot.

whythelongface
08-05-2016, 09:19 AM
1. The coaching team are not afraid to bring in a player simply for structural purposes and not simply based on form. This worked a treat with Redpath and not only did he significantly improve our structure, he also contributed to the game. Just having him (and/or TBoyd) in the team frees up Stringer.
2. Roughy and Campbell seems to be working well. They were both enormous tonight. Roughy and Campbell took some outstanding marks between them and were very competitive with their tap work against Jacobs. That coast to coast goal where Roughy took the mark in the centre square was sensational.
3. As someone else has mentioned Josh Jenkins is a star. He would compliment our forward structure nicely. Free agent isn't he??

G-Mo77
08-05-2016, 09:53 AM
3.. As someone else has mentioned Josh Jenkins is a star. He would compliment our forward structure nicely. Free agent isn't he??

Yep, they menioned it on ABC last night. He is due for a big payday.

Go_Dogs
08-05-2016, 09:54 AM
1. Playing our blokes in their best positions works. Maybe it's because it stood out a bit last week when we lost, but it seemed we had our better players in their preferred positions more often last night - Liberatore was fantastic around the ball, as was Bontempelli. Dickson was able to have an impact on the scoreboard and seemed to play a little closer to the goals.

2. Notwithstanding the above, versatility is good, because even with our injury list we have been able to plug gaps and having blokes like Stringer having a run further up the field and Bont being able to go forward and impact the game helped, too.

3. Redpath now appears our best bet to play a lead up forward role. He complimented our structure really well last night and hopefully he can build on this performance.

Mantis
08-05-2016, 10:02 AM
1/ Probably already knew it, but last night reaffirmed that the Bont is a seriously good player who for his size has the cleanest hands in the business.

2/ Stringer is at his best when he isn't the focal point up forward and his work in broken play is something else.. Out of my way, I'm coming though.

3/ Our inexperienced defenders are going to have bad nights and they did, but they had some good moments and the old boys stood tall.

hujsh
08-05-2016, 10:11 AM
1. Dale Morris is a sensational footballer
2. We won a game that had all the heartbreak bulldog loss about it
3. We have one heck of a deep midfield

It took you this long to learn that Remi?!

One thing I've learned about Morris this year is that in this team/structure his defensive efforts are so good they're now offensive weapons. He regularly wins the ball for us and sets up a counter attack though a spoil or tackle or ground ball win.

It's not quite the Easton Wood/ Brian Lake type defense to attack but it's of great value nonetheless.

1eyedog
08-05-2016, 10:37 AM

Was thinking the same thing and I think Libba was too. There was a minute on the clock and Libba actually made space about 15-20 metres away from Bont I think with the intention of accepting the mark and running another 30 seconds of it.

comrade
08-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Was thinking the same thing and I think Libba was too. There was a minute on the clock and Libba actually made space about 15-20 metres away from Bont I think with the intention of accepting the mark and running another 30 seconds of it.

I'm glad Bonti had the cojones to go back and ice it.

Mofra
08-05-2016, 10:44 AM
1. Our midfield is learning the "give and go" is not as good as "wait half a second, draw an opponent then give and go" - Bailey Dale seems to have learnt this from the Bont & Libba already

2. Our midfield is carrying our team - fortunately it bats deep

3. Our ideal KPD set-up is clearly a work in progress.

Bulldog Joe
08-05-2016, 10:59 AM
1. We are seriously good around the stoppages
2. Our young stars can stand up in big moments
3. It is a huge difference to have a ruckman (even 2) that can actually take a mark.

Stefcep
08-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Too one dimensional? Despite his limitations I'll take his accuracy. Feel more confident when he has it than some who have been in our best 22 for some time.

The fact he is a tall forward, that can hold a contested mark, and kicks true means he draws attention away from Stringer. Its no co-incidence Stringer was able to play his game well with Redpath there.

Which is also why I think Crameri is a huge out this season.

westdog54
08-05-2016, 11:16 AM
1. Mitch Wallis might just be better than Libba after all.
2. Jack Redpath is the best 'lead' on our list. Will lead to a back flank if he needs to.
3. Kurt Tippett is a poor man's Josh Jenkins.

Stefcep
08-05-2016, 11:16 AM

In the post match I think he said something about key moments in a game decide the outcome. There are no truer words in any sport, really, and he's one of the few that makes things count when it matters.

GVGjr
08-05-2016, 01:33 PM

Do you think Macrae would have taken the shot?

Daughter of the West
08-05-2016, 01:41 PM
1. Repeat after me - We. Can. Win. Tight. Games. I am so glad we pulled it off, what a shot in the arm of confidence.
2. The Glove is an absolute superstar, how many guys have come back for an injury as shocking as his broken leg and keep delivering every week? Champion Bulldog.
3. I don't have Bonti's mettle. The last quarter had me hiding behind the couch, in the bathroom, in the laundry, declaring I was going to bed and then coming back downstairs again. And I tipped against us *shamefully lowers head*

hujsh
08-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Do you think Macrae would have taken the shot?

He wouldn't make the distance, so no.

Mantis
08-05-2016, 02:38 PM
He wouldn't make the distance, so no.

But BT said earlier that Macrae is a thumping kick and can kick it 60m.. Surely he knows what's he's talking about.

hujsh
08-05-2016, 03:02 PM
But BT said earlier that Macrae is a thumping kick and can kick it 60m.. Surely he knows what's he's talking about.

That's true I must have been mistaken. Also found out today the Jong's actually a great kick from the VFL guys (Campbell Brown I think).

Remi Moses
08-05-2016, 03:55 PM
It took you this long to learn that Remi?!

One thing I've learned about Morris this year is that in this team/structure his defensive efforts are so good they're now offensive weapons. He regularly wins the ball for us and sets up a counter attack though a spoil or tackle or ground ball win.

It's not quite the Easton Wood/ Brian Lake type defense to attack but it's of great value nonetheless.

I guess the gist is that Morris has been underrated in the football world .

ratsmac
08-05-2016, 05:16 PM
1. The Bont is a determined head strong young man. He made a comment last week how we weren't happy with how the season ended with losing to Adelaide and a hint of Talia gate. He stood up in a big big game for our season and club. It was more than just the 4 points last night, it was retribution.

2. Stringer can't do it alone. The inclusion of Redpath made it that Stringer didn't have to compete with 2 key defenders. Get him one on one and defenders get very nervous.

3. Dale did bugger all for a half but didn't go into his shell. He showed great composure in the last quarter right when we needed composure. He shut me up. Well done son.

Flamethrower
08-05-2016, 06:18 PM
1. Hawthorn have a serious challenger for worst AFL jumper. Didn't realize it was ugly shirt day.

2. Our forward line looks so much better with multiple mediums and talls. Don't know what has happened to Campbell's goal kicking though.

3. We are too poor to rub two schillings together. The Crows are gazillionaires. Yet we are the ones paying the umps.

LostDoggy
08-05-2016, 07:03 PM

We all know what would've happened had The Bont missed, just like past Finals it would've been straight down the other end and we would be going over how we again found another way to lose it. But you could see redemption in his eyes, no doubt last years final has played on his mind and this time 'ala' Lenny Hayes he went bang!

I've learned.

1. We are finally ready for Finals.
2. Jack Redpath needs to stay in.
3 David Schwarz is a bigger tool than I thought, saying he hates Jake Stringer today on the radio because of the attention he gets from the callers is a joke. We've listened to the gushing of Collingwoods, Geelongs, Buddy, and so on and so on for years and he wants to now have a say about it. Another Garry Lyon? I hope we smash Melbourne this week!

LostDoggy
08-05-2016, 07:05 PM
I guess the gist is that Morris has been underrated in the football world .

I say he is our Scarlett. Always has been.

Templeton31
08-05-2016, 08:33 PM
1. Our rucks have improved this year. Combinations of Roughy/Boyd and Campbell/Roughy have held their own and in fact done some damage against Jacobs, Stefan Martin and Goldstein over the last 3 weeks. Sadly thought it makes this year almost certainly Big Will's last as a Dog.

2. Jack and Jake play well together. Adds a bit to the who do you play - Jack or T Boyd?

3. Bevo can coach. OK I knew this already but anyone who can turn our offence from last weeks effort to this weeks in a week can coach!

LostDoggy
08-05-2016, 08:52 PM
Three things I learned (or at least had reaffirmed):

1. Crows fans are a bunch of entitled sooks. I watched the replay today with the focus on the umpiring and I actually came away thinking, apart from a few bad errors — Hartigan non-free, Adcock deliberate out of bounds — for a match of such intensity, speed and physicality it was marvellously adjudicated.
2. Caleb Daniel is eight foot tall and the apparent difference in height is an optical illusion caused by refraction of the lights under the Etihad roof.
3. When we plug that KPD spot properly, we are going to be an absolute powerhouse ala Geelong, Hawthorn, or even better.

LostDoggy
08-05-2016, 09:14 PM
1. I can't explain how or why but I feel almost reassured and calmer when having Daniel back in the side.
2. According to Facebook, if you win a game that you won the free kick count in, it's because you cheated, you don't leave etihad stadium, victorian clubs get favoured by the umpires and you paid them off. Remind me to avoid social media after a game like that. Just leaves me angry reading the amount of utter shit that spews from the mouths of the absolute dregs of the AFL "supporters", blergh.
3. Roberts sucks.

Ghost Dog
08-05-2016, 09:29 PM
1. I can't explain how or why but I feel almost reassured and calmer when having Daniel back in the side.
2. According to Facebook, if you win a game that you won the free kick count in, it's because you cheated, you don't leave etihad stadium, victorian clubs get favoured by the umpires and you paid them off. Remind me to avoid social media after a game like that. Just leaves me angry reading the amount of utter shit that spews from the mouths of the absolute dregs of the AFL "supporters", blergh.
3. Roberts sucks.

Well in the press conference Bevo balanced this sentiment by pointing out he had some big moments. I think we will see him in again next week by the sounds of it.

The bulldog tragician
09-05-2016, 12:26 AM
1. We have been crying out for the player who stands up in a close contest. I don't want to think what would have happened if The Bont had missed. But now that he's done it, kicked that absolute clutch goal,his future opens up even more powerfully than ever before.
2. Luke Beveridge is one extraordinary coach. To get us back playing our Men of Mayhem style after a rather flat and error riddled style last week - he is a leader of men.
3. I actually love the social media hate. That comes with winning. Oh for the day that our club is not everyone's favourite (in other words unthreatening and innocuous) second team. I hope people are getting jittery about our club and what we will do over the next few years.

Happy Days
09-05-2016, 01:02 AM
Finally got done watching the game;

1 - We don't always choke! Nice! Particularly stoked with Bont's last quarter, just totally took over the game and then iced it when he had the chance.

2 - The need for a key defender still exists. Adams has made an awesome start, but is looking less adept in the air than his first 2 weeks had me hoping. Roberts isn't athletic enough to go with any of the gun KPDs. Think we need to get Dad a game sooner rather than later.

3 - (more of a reinforcement) Complaining about umpiring is a crutch for the bewildered, angry, and misinformed. There's one obvious exception to this rule, but for the most part the umpires are never a defining, or even influential factor on a result.

jeemak
09-05-2016, 02:13 AM
1. Dad needs to be developed quickly. We are masking our lack of a quality tall defender with excellent team defence, but we won't be able to do so forever. Adelaide will learn from Saturday and be a different prospect when we play them again.

2. The work Bmac put into our club is paying dividends now. We are so unbelievably fierce around the contest for it not be an ingrained cultural trait. Bevo has elaborated on it well, and made our game more complete. I love supporting a side that is uncompromising close up, but also rounded in all other areas.

3 Traditional structure with talented or contributing players is the way to go. We don't have the talent to be smart arsed in the way we set up and I'm happy we were conventional against Adelaide.

SlimPickens
09-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Three things I learned (or at least had reaffirmed):

1. Crows fans are a bunch of entitled sooks. I watched the replay today with the focus on the umpiring and I actually came away thinking, apart from a few bad errors — Hartigan non-free, Adcock deliberate out of bounds — for a match of such intensity, speed and physicality it was marvellously adjudicated.

Couldn't agree more. I re-watched the game yesterday and apart from the two you mentioned I thought the umpiring had little bearing on the game. Pretty simple to me, we were first to the ball most of the game and got the rub of the green because of it.

SlimPickens
09-05-2016, 08:51 AM
Well in the press conference Bevo balanced this sentiment by pointing out he had some big moments. I think we will see him in again next week by the sounds of it.

Thought Tex was mostly a non factor which reflects well on Fletch. IMO Adams was the worse of the two KPDs. Our expectations of two players who have roughly 30 games between them is sky high.

1eyedog
09-05-2016, 09:05 AM
I thought both were OK although I've never seen a player shank so many kicks as Adams. Just on Adams and Roberts it must be said that Adelaide's movement into their F50 was razor sharp, makes it hard. Jenkins also got two gimmes.

Twodogs
09-05-2016, 09:09 AM
1. The coaching team are not afraid to bring in a player simply for structural purposes and not simply based on form. This worked a treat with Redpath and not only did he significantly improve our structure, he also contributed to the game. Just having him (and/or TBoyd) in the team frees up Stringer.
2. Roughy and Campbell seems to be working well. They were both enormous tonight. Roughy and Campbell took some outstanding marks between them and were very competitive with their tap work against Jacobs. That coast to coast goal where Roughy took the mark in the centre square was sensational.
3. As someone else has mentioned Josh Jenkins is a star. He would compliment our forward structure nicely. Free agent isn't he??

I'd say he is a Freo agent but geez he'd be good for us.

Mate. I've got some news for you...

Twodogs
09-05-2016, 09:16 AM
1. Maybe Bailey Dale arrived on Saturday night.
2. You don't often see a team score goals with the barrel from the kick out. It's cost us one game and almost cost us again on Saturday night. Do we need to do something about it?
3. The Bont is better than I thought. He owned the last quarter on the weekend. Picked us up and deposited us over the line.

soupman
09-05-2016, 09:42 AM
3. I actually love the social media hate. That comes with winning. Oh for the day that our club is not everyone's favourite (in other words unthreatening and innocuous) second team. I hope people are getting jittery about our club and what we will do over the next few years.

I was discussing the social media backlash with a Hawthorn mate and he was congratulating me on finally going for a team worth hating. Welcome to being good.

Ozza
09-05-2016, 10:11 AM
I thought that Bontempelli, Wallis and Wood were very clear leaders on the night. All 3 stood up enormously when required.

Boyd and Morris were also - they've been doing it for a long time. But I was particularly pleased to see the three young leaders really put their stamp on the game. Wallis' third quarter was amazing....he out-Libba'd, Libba even - in the centre clearances!

Just on Bontempelli - if you think back to our Round 4 game last season, although we flogged Adelaide that night, Scott Thompson made a point of going to Bonti at the stoppages and absolutely bullied him. How good was it to see one year on, he tried to do the same, but Bonti was just better equipped and scorched Thompson and the crows this time around.

Its no slight on Thompson, who has been a superb midfielder, but our mids absolutely smashed theirs, with Thompson and Sloane well beaten.

Ghost Dog
09-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Not much mention of Biggs but I thought he was influential on the game.
I'd say the crowd at Etihad had a big influence. It's a lot of fun to watch Dogs fans having a good time, and the joy the team's success brings.
Jenkins gave Adams a bit of a bath, but I'm not sure there is much we could have done about it. Collins will be an important height addition to the backline.

Stefcep
09-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Adams is being unfairly criticised. The delivery to Jenkins was exceptional. At one stage he had 4 kicks and 4 goals

1eyedog
09-05-2016, 12:50 PM
I don't think how we move the ball into F50 is a problem. Sure it's not as direct as when Murph, JJ and Suckers are there but there seems to have been a paradigm shift since these three players have gone down. As others have alluded to on here we are playing a Macca brand of footy with a Bevo twist.

Our strategy now seems to be to grind teams into the ground and overwhelm them with F50 entries and locking it in until we score, relying on the Dahl's and Daniel's to do the damage in this type of situation. It's hard to coach against.

I do think we'll get more direct when we get Suckers and JJ back.

bornadog
09-05-2016, 01:23 PM
I don't think how we move the ball into F50 is a problem. Sure it's not as direct as when Murph, JJ and Suckers are there but there seems to have been a paradigm shift since these three players have gone down. As others have alluded to on here we are playing a Macca brand of footy with a Bevo twist.

Our strategy now seems to be to grind teams into the ground and overwhelm them with F50 entries and locking it in until we score, relying on the Dahl's and Daniel's to do the damage in this type of situation. It's hard to coach against.

I tend to agree.

Our biggest issue is not kicking straight.

Here is a list of our games to date by round:

1. 15.13
2. 13.15
3. 13.12
4. 13.7
5. 17.18
6. 6.9
7. 18.15

Some horrendous kicking for goal.

Scorlibo
09-05-2016, 02:26 PM

Agree, our strategy naturally lends itself to high inside 50 counts for comparably inefficient scoreboard returns. We get a lot of repeat entries and I'd wager that per one of our inside fifties there are more total players inside the fifty than any other side. This to me is the culprit of a low goal to inside fifty ratio, not poor delivery or poor goal kicking, though there is always room for improvement in these areas. It may be something that we'll learn to accept so long as we keep winning.

LostDoggy
09-05-2016, 03:29 PM
1 - Bont is really building into the season nicely. Getting better each week. Must admit I thought he wouldn't reach the lofty heights we expected this year due to having zero pre season.. But I'm glad I was wrong.

2 - Dale Morris.. What can I say! Just an out and out champion. Would have to be currently in the All Australian back 6. The amount of times he has saved us this year already is incredible.

3 - Matty Boyd... What can I say! Just an out and out champion. Would have to be close to being currently in the All Australian back 6. The amount of times he has saved us this year already is incredible

LostDoggy
09-05-2016, 11:12 PM
1. What a difference having a longer break makes to our skill level.

2. We were lucky that Tex did not hold his marks. Our backline is lacking a more mobile taller player.

3. Our rucks have been good recently; however I feel with Roughhead we are always one week away from injury, and with TC, who knows how long he can sustain performance before tiring (has struggled to go the distance in the past). We should be planning on getting another ruck man in 2017.

Throughandthrough
09-05-2016, 11:32 PM

3. Our rucks have been good recently; however I feel with Roughhead we are always one week away from injury, and with TC, who knows how long he can sustain performance before tiring (has struggled to go the distance in the past). We should be planning on getting another ruck man in 2017.

There's a young bloke at Footscray named Bill Minson who looks ok

FrediKanoute
10-05-2016, 03:15 AM
1. Campbell has a wonderful set of hands.....but is an awful shot for goal
2. The Package was merely delayed, but has arrived - mainly due to the work/presence of Big Red
3. The new interpretation of deliberate out of bounds is going to gift someone a grand final in horrible circumstances - either change it so its not judgemental or scrap it - adds nothing to the game

Twodogs
10-05-2016, 08:50 AM
2. The Package was merely delayed, but has arrived - mainly due to the work/presence of Big Red
3. The new interpretation of deliberate out of bounds is going to gift someone a grand final in horrible circumstances - either change it so its not judgemental or scrap it - adds nothing to the game

Yep. Let defenders defend.

EasternWest
10-05-2016, 09:05 AM

Can we not use this term? So cringeworthy.

chef
10-05-2016, 09:23 AM
1. The Ox hates The Package

2. Daniel is already one of our most important players. We are so much cleaner with him in the side.

3. We need a tall forward in the side every week.

hujsh
10-05-2016, 10:45 AM
1. The Ox hates The Package

Ox: Seven commentary makes me hate ‘The Package'

“I know (it’s not his fault) and that’s not fair.”

I can kind of sympathise. He doesn't seem to actually have a problem with Stringer. And calling Seven's commentary "brain-numbingly inept" is the way to a WOOFer's heart.

But at the same time the comments here are correct that this happens all the time (OOOOhhhhhhh yeahhh Cyyrrillll) so singling out Stringer is unfair and maybe indicates he feels Stringer is over-rated

Twodogs
10-05-2016, 11:13 AM
I can see where Schwartz is coming from. If it's the 7 commentary about Jake that's getting on his nerves, and it gets on my nerves, that's a different thing to hating Jake.

Murphy'sLore
10-05-2016, 11:15 AM
Schwartz clarified this morning that he's got nothing against Stringer, would trade Stringer into Melbourne in a heartbeat, his comments were directed solely against the commentary.

And yes I do listen to SEN in the mornings. Only during footy season, though.

Twodogs
10-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Schwartz clarified this morning that he's got nothing against Stringer, would trade Stringer into Melbourne in a heartbeat, his comments were directed solely against the commentary.

Me too but the one thing that supersedes footy in order of interest (for me anyway) has just landed and I'm back on ABC radio until July.

chef
10-05-2016, 11:33 AM
Yeah, he hates the hype and hates the term 'the package'.

But its great for us as it makes us revelant and its nice to have a fair bit of excitement over one of our players for a change.

I guess theres no such thing as bad publicly

Murphy'sLore
10-05-2016, 11:34 AM
I do swap over to the ABC while Jon Faine's on, but I think I'm over the election already... Not to derail the thread... carry on.

1eyedog
10-05-2016, 11:35 AM
Ox: Seven commentary makes me hate ‘The Package'

“I know (it’s not his fault) and that’s not fair.”

I can kind of sympathise. He doesn't seem to actually have a problem with Stringer. And calling Seven's commentary "brain-numbingly inept" is the way to a WOOFer's heart.

But at the same time the comments here are correct that this happens all the time (OOOOhhhhhhh yeahhh Cyyrrillll) so singling out Stringer is unfair and maybe indicates he feels Stringer is over-rated

You mean "brian-numbingly inept".

LostDoggy
10-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Yeah, he hates the hype and hates the term 'the package'.

But its great for us as it makes us revelant and its nice to have a fair bit of excitement over one of our players for a change.

I guess theres no such thing as bad publicly

He's probably pissed off that they're not raving about Hogan in the same way.

azabob
10-05-2016, 08:44 PM

ML between 7am and 8am nothing beats RSN 927 for AFL coverage and indepth discussion. Half the adds and not many talk back callers!

chef
10-05-2016, 08:47 PM
He's probably pissed off that they're not raving about Hogan in the same way.

Yeah, i did think if he was a Melbourne boy the Ox probably wouldnt have a problem

Rocket Science
11-05-2016, 01:51 AM
1 - Don Pyke's an entitled knob
2 - Damien Barrett's an insignificant skidmark
3 - We're starting to annoy people. We must be doing something right.

Ghost Dog
11-05-2016, 02:37 AM
BT is a terrible caller really, but hilarious in moments of hype and he's pretty much responsible for all the Stringer hyperbole. Bakes himself in his own verbal dutch oven.
"Stringer just launched a missile" made me burst out laughing. He's a lovable twit.

azabob
11-05-2016, 07:59 AM
GD, I'd say Stringer is responsible for the hyperbole by playing like Jake Stringer! :D

F'scary
11-05-2016, 07:36 PM
BT is a terrible caller really, but hilarious in moments of hype and he's pretty much responsible for all the Stringer hyperbole. Bakes himself in his own verbal dutch oven.
"Stringer just launched a missile" made me burst out laughing. He's a lovable twit.

It was a good metaphor. It was an ICBM.