PDA

View Full Version : Greatest performance in a milestone game

ledge
07-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Just watched Johnnos 300th game ..6,goals kicked the last 3 for us and won the game. Wouldn't that be the best performance by a player in a milestone game ?
Great game all day by both sides and if it was a grand final would have been one of the best ever no doubt.
Anyone remember any games where the milestone player stood up like that?

bulldogtragic
07-05-2016, 11:36 AM
That one jumps out. Akermanis versus (from memory) Geelong was another great one.

Twodogs
07-05-2016, 12:44 PM
I can remember st Kilda rolled us in Barry Breen's 300 game in a match we were heavily expected to win but the saints came up with a massive effort and Did It fot Barry.

bornadog
07-05-2016, 12:55 PM
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/aug-2001-chris-grant-for-the-bulldogs-celebrates-his-250th-match-with-picture-id72358205

Chris Grant 250th v Hawks round 20 2001 - we weren't expected to win but what a great game.

I really loved this game Chris kicked 4 and the team was full of youngsters like Mark Alvey (33 disposals), Gia (31), Murphy (21), plus Scotty West had 32, Darcy 27

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-05-2016, 01:32 PM
Yes loved that game we always did well in Grants milestone games

ratsmac
07-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Lenny Hayes. I'm not sure if this was a milestone game or just coming back from a knee, but Stkilda v Bulldogs. Lenny was in everything and layed a crunching tackle on Easton Wood from memory. I hate the saints but you have to admire Lenny Hayes.

Eastdog
07-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Just watched Johnnos 300th game ..6,goals kicked the last 3 for us and won the game. Wouldn't that be the best performance by a player in a milestone game ?
Great game all day by both sides and if it was a grand final would have been one of the best ever no doubt.

Yep agree ledge. Great game.

ledge
07-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Danny Frawley I think kicked a few against us in his last game and they beat us

bornadog
07-05-2016, 04:50 PM
Can we just talk Bulldog milestones :)

LostDoggy
09-05-2016, 10:42 PM

I read the thread title and this was the exact game that came to mind. I can't remember if it was this game or not, but didn't he basically win it for himself with a goal in the last minute/ goal on the siren?

LostDoggy
10-05-2016, 12:06 AM
I read the thread title and this was the exact game that came to mind. I can't remember if it was this game or not, but didn't he basically win it for himself with a goal in the last minute/ goal on the siren?

Bock had a shot after the siren to win the match I believe?

This was the first match I took my now wife then girlfriend too. Had strangers running up isles high fiving. Was fantastic.

AndrewP6
10-05-2016, 12:12 AM

I only started going back to the footy I think the year before, we played in a draw vs the Saints. I screamed for extra time. But Johnno's 300th was something else. Ripping contest, ripping finish.

Bulldog4life
10-05-2016, 12:10 PM
The memory is a bit hazy but I was at the game in i994 when Dougy broke Teddy's games record. Before the match Teddy ran along side Doug flick passing the footy to him. Not a 100% who we beat but I know we won. Pretty sure that Doug was in the best players too. Any other Woofers there?

bornadog
10-05-2016, 12:12 PM
The memory is a bit hazy but I was at the game in i994 when Dougy broke Teddy's games record. Before the match Teddy ran along side Doug flick passing the footy to him. Not a 100% who we beat but I know we won. Pretty sure that Doug was in the best players too. Any other Woofers there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQNiEHdrcN8

Ozza
10-05-2016, 12:43 PM

I was there. It was a great day, and Doug did play well (after being in ordinary form leading up to the game), in fact I think we got beaten by Richmond the week before and he barely got a kick.

The crowd was so loud that day, and I remember Dougie marked the ball about 45 out from goal and had a set shot and missed narrowly, but it would have lifted the roof off had it have gone through. It was a great win, Geelong were a good side, and we beat them well. I think Kretiuk did a hell of a job on Ablett that day also.

Axe Man
10-05-2016, 01:57 PM
The umpires in Johnno's 300th lacked the sense of occasion - 5 goals, 22 disposals, 9 marks - 0 Brownlow votes!

At least they snuck Dougie in for 1 vote in his 322nd.

Chris Grant picked up 3 Bronwlow votes in his 200th game, unfortunately it was a draw against the Hawks, round 11 1999.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
10-05-2016, 04:04 PM
I was there. It was a great day, and Doug did play well (after being in ordinary form leading up to the game), in fact I think we got beaten by Richmond the week before and he barely got a kick.

The crowd was so loud that day, and I remember Dougie marked the ball about 45 out from goal and had a set shot and missed narrowly, but it would have lifted the roof off had it have gone through. It was a great win, Geelong were a good side, and we beat them well. I think Kretiuk did a hell of a job on Ablett that day also. Was so happy to see the Ted Whitten flick pass that day. Kritter always played well on Ablett