PDA

View Full Version : sliding doors

dukedog
13-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Ok. So. The doggies have had a few down years. Last year was great. Im over the moon that now our great club is blossoming and i love all the positive mantra around about our boys....

Cue.... Damien Barrett. What does he have against Bevo?. His comments today on sliding doors were ridiculous. The club is bound to report such goings on. Why is he attacking our coach for reporting it. Then saying he didnt trust his player. It had nothing to do with trust. Nor can Barrett know if they even had a talk... Can't stand baffett. Hes hurting, he got put in his place on that interview night ...questioning that 'brownlow' conversation

bulldogtragic
13-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Barrett is a jerk, hack and petulant man baby. Bevo lets the media manager do their job and focus on coaching. Barrett doesn't like this, so has tantrums and lines up Bevo and the club whenever he can. The stitch up he did last year on Libba was the work of a gutless wonder. Just remember the old adage, 'if a hack journo makes baseless claims in the forest, but no one with a half a brain listens. Does it make a sound?'

The answer is no.

azabob
13-05-2016, 08:46 PM
The amusing part is in the very same column he often praises our clubs on field performance and our players.

bulldogtragic
13-05-2016, 08:52 PM
The amusing part is in the very same column he often praises our clubs on field performance and our players.

Didn't you read the mandatory health warning? Reading his articles kills brain cells by the millions. Don't take the risk Az.

1eyedog
13-05-2016, 09:25 PM
Bevo should have just locked the dunny door from the inside and smashed his face against the urinal.

Ghost Dog
13-05-2016, 10:09 PM
The AFL site does the comp a bit of disservice I think. The reporting is pretty amateurish.
While former players like BT and Ling can be a bit annoying for other reasons, at least they give coaches the respect they deserve.
Barrett probably didn't even play Auskick.

dukedog
13-05-2016, 10:16 PM
Glad im not the only 'one eyed dog' here. Hissyfit Barrett. I prefer his sliding doors column be of a week by week nature in which it is posted. Highlight the previous week. Which if a team wins. Have a positive spin.

1eyedog
13-05-2016, 11:57 PM
Bevo should have just locked the dunny door from the inside and smashed his face against the urinal.

You can just tell Bevo is the sort of guy to do it too.

bornadog
14-05-2016, 12:48 AM
Gave it to Barrett on Twitter today as did many others for those ridiculous comments. The AFL website needs to do something about him. In fact the club should report him.

The Doctor
14-05-2016, 12:59 AM
Gave it to Barrett on Twitter today as did many others for those ridiculous comments. The AFL website needs to do something about him. In fact the club should report him.

Ha you'll get blocked! He did that to me.

bulldogtragic
07-02-2017, 03:51 PM
On the topic of sliding doors, what happens if the Tom Boyd trade didn't happen? Moreover, what happens in the Prelim 2016 at Spotless Stadium if GWS had Tom Boyd playing for them and we had Grphyone & Peter Wright playing for us (BMac personally told me thats who we were selecting with pick 6)?

craigsahibee
07-02-2017, 03:58 PM
If our former captain was still playing for us, then our former coach may have still been coaching us and I very much doubt that I would have travelled to Sydney via Bus to watch a team other than us in a Preliminary Final at Spotless.

bulldogtragic
07-02-2017, 04:06 PM
If our former captain was still playing for us, then our former coach may have still been coaching us and I very much doubt that I would have travelled to Sydney via Bus to watch a team other than us in a Preliminary Final at Spotless.

True, and ditto driving up the Hume. I was air brushing that part out. The trade has been discussed at length, but not as much the sliding doors of what may have happened if they had Boyd in the prelim and we had Gryphone & Wright. Also discussed was his role in the GF. But would we have got there for him to impress for us as opposed to Gryphone.

Wright would've needed to cover Roughy. Boyd would've stretched us too far up forward so he or Cameron could've got free and we would've needed a lot, lot more than Gryphne's sweet *!*!*!*! all from that game to get more going in our column. I guess it's a matter of whether the trade helped us AND cost them the 2016 Premiership.

Bulldog Joe
07-02-2017, 05:12 PM

If our former coach was coaching us, then our former captain would definitely be not playing for us.

Griffen decided that the situation with the coach was untenable and he was really the catalyst for the changes that occurred. While plenty of our supporters bear ill will to Griffen, he is possibly the single most influential person in the chain of circumstance that brought about the flag.

We should hold him in much better esteem for having the courage to not tolerate the situation that he had been forced into.

Twodogs
07-02-2017, 05:14 PM
This obviously isn't the sliding doors with Gwyneth Paltrow we are talking about then?

I guess someone from GWS would have got to knock Griffan on his arse twice in one contest and help turn the game back in their favour* as he sat there wearing a red white and blue tricolour instead of that comical orange thing. And we'd be mourning 9 consecutive prelim losses and saying "never mind. Wait till next year"

*Good old Keithy Boyd. They always show JJ and the Bont from that play but never Matty Boyd bouncing Griffun around like a pinball trying to keep the ball free.

Topdog
07-02-2017, 05:23 PM
If we had Wright I think we don't have Roughy playing as ruck by himself.

FrediKanoute
07-02-2017, 07:22 PM
If our former coach was coaching us, then our former captain would definitely be not playing for us.

Griffen decided that the situation with the coach was untenable and he was really the catalyst for the changes that occurred. While plenty of our supporters bear ill will to Griffen, he is possibly the single most influential person in the chain of circumstance that brought about the flag.

We should hold him in much better esteem for having the courage to not tolerate the situation that he had been forced into.

You can't rewrite history. Ryan left not for the benefit of the club but for his own agenda. What happened after that was a chain reaction of events. The way he went about it, the position he put the club in, the collateral damage along the way can't be airbrushed by a Premiership. I agree his leaving was a catalyst, but there was no guarantee that the catalyst would burn into a Premiership. You can't call it luck, because that under plays the impactthe people who came I have had, but the cards all fell the right way in 2016.....no thanks to Ryan

bulldogtragic
07-02-2017, 07:47 PM
You can't rewrite history. Ryan left not for the benefit of the club but for his own agenda. What happened after that was a chain reaction of events. The way he went about it, the position he put the club in, the collateral damage along the way can't be airbrushed by a Premiership. I agree his leaving was a catalyst, but there was no guarantee that the catalyst would burn into a Premiership. You can't call it luck, because that under plays the impactthe people who came I have had, but the cards all fell the right way in 2016.....no thanks to Ryan

And after he first raised his issues to Garlick he gave a guarantee he was staying and the issues were working through. Then he went on holidays and then reneged to everyone, in so refusing to come back to the club despite his contract and status. And nominating a new club for extra measure, again, despite a contract. And asking GWS not to get a quick fair deal done, but apparently letting them screw us in extracting pick 6 and something like $800,000 in payments so he didn't have a pay cut. It wasn't enough to as a captain take a pay cut after walking out under contract. If you believe the media at the time, PG didn't make his mind up until asking Stringer about younger players and Macca. Gryphone has no place in the greatness of our premiership, maybe a villain in it, but he gets nothing from me.

Back to the sliding doors question... it was if Boyd & Gryphone stayed with their teams for the 2016 prelim would we still have won? Did the trade that he and GWS aggressively pursued eventuate in their possible premiership loss? (They would've spanked Sydney again)

chef
07-02-2017, 09:53 PM

Nope. We should hate him for the captain who jumped off the sinking ship first. Suffer Ryan.

Topdog
08-02-2017, 12:07 AM
I'm happy he left and suffered a prelim loss to the Bulldogs so I guess you can take that as viewing him in a positive light.

boydogs
08-02-2017, 12:17 AM
It's all hypotheticals of course but a more realistic sliding doors would be us selecting a lesser trade target, say Will-Hoskin Elliott, and keeping pick 6 - but not keeping Griffen