PDA

View Full Version : Bankers And Anchors - Round 8 2016 vs Melbourne

Eastdog
14-05-2016, 04:04 PM
This is the round 8 2016 edition of the Weekly Bankers and Anchors Thread. Once the game against Melbourne is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

GVGjr
15-05-2016, 06:17 PM
3 to Back, 3 to Anch

Testekill
15-05-2016, 07:35 PM
BANKERS

1. Roughead & Campbell.

Breaking the individual players rule but they shut out Gawn and restricted him to 6 possies and no effective kicks so I couldn't split them

2. Liberatore

Absolute tackling machine

3. Redpath

I still think that Jack is just a roleplayer but I'm referring more to the impact that he has had on Stringer, having a genuine key forward permanently in the forward line means that Stringer doesn't have to play out of full forward.

Anchors

1. Fletcher Roberts

Just physically not strong enough, he got better when he backed in his leap to help spoil but he cannot wrestle with anyone worth a damn.

2. Caleb Daniel

Was very closely checked today which limited his impact

3. Jack Watts

Just wanna give him a serve. Didn't have a man for a lot of the game, didn't record a tackle and honestly didn't do that much today outside of a couple of goals. Sure he kicked three but he had minimal impact

EasternWest
15-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Would love to know what Stringer was saying to Gawn.

Ghost Dog
15-05-2016, 07:39 PM
BANKERS

1. Roughead & Campbell.

Breaking the individual players rule but they shut out Gawn and restricted him to 6 possies and no effective kicks so I couldn't split them

2. Liberatore

Absolute tackling machine

3. Redpath

I still think that Jack is just a roleplayer but I'm referring more to the impact that he has had on Stringer, having a genuine key forward permanently in the forward line means that Stringer doesn't have to play out of full forward.

Anchors

1. Fletcher Roberts

Just physically not strong enough, he got better when he backed in his leap to help spoil but he cannot wrestle with anyone worth a damn.

2. Caleb Daniel

Was very closely checked today which limited his impact

3. Jack Watts

Just wanna give him a serve. Didn't have a man for a lot of the game, didn't record a tackle and honestly didn't do that much today outside of a couple of goals. Sure he kicked three but he had minimal impact

2- Daniel did some good things. Being checked means he is tying up their player or players. Is that anchorish?
Had to laugh about giving Watts an anchor. Nobody can resist giving him a whack.

Testekill
15-05-2016, 07:40 PM

Probably giving it to Gawn that a brownlow favourite accomplished nothing today

Testekill
15-05-2016, 07:41 PM
2- Daniel did some good things. Being checked means he is tying up their player or players. Is that anchorish?

He did good things yes but I felt it was way down on his usual standard this year. I'm betting that Roos identified Daniel as an important distributor and had someone on him to limit his influence.

Ghost Dog
15-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Banker
Libba - must have sore shoulders after today.
Jake - Dangerous in the air and at ground level. Gives us so many options
Bont - Tried hard all day.

Anchors
None really anchor worthy today. Effort was good.

bulldogtragic
15-05-2016, 07:58 PM
B:

Liberatore - What a beast. Recruit of the year.
Rucks - Made Gawn almost irrelevant.
Redders & Jake - 8 goals and a poster. I'm looking forward to seeing Tom Boyd in there very soon.

A:

Roberts looks anything but an AFL footballer.
This is a half hearted anchor, but I still can't see that Adcock is doing enough to hold his spot.
Melbourne 'fans' booing your own player (Watts) who was a long away off the worst is average. Take a becks and go skiing.

chef
15-05-2016, 07:59 PM

Probably telling him to shave off that ridiculous beard

chef
15-05-2016, 08:02 PM
B:

Liberatore - What a beast. Recruit of the year.
Rucks - Made Gawn almost irrelevant.
Redders & Jake - 8 goals and a poster. I'm looking forward to seeing Tom Boyd in there very soon.

A:

Roberts looks anything but an AFL footballer.
This is a half hearted anchor, but I still can't see that Adcock is doing enough to hold his spot.
Melbourne 'fans' booing your own player (Watts) who was a long away off the worst is average. Take a becks and go skiing.

Adcock was good and deserves a spot. Adds more to the team than just stats.

SlimPickens
15-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Bankers-
TC- dominant ruckmen against a very good player.

Caleb- the kick to Bailey in the goal square showed this kids smarts, skill and awareness. GUN.

Morris- thought he was sensational today. Brilliant footballer.

Anchor-
McLean- looks very tired. Also is going to get his head ripped off one day.

Melbourne Supporters- what a pathetic bunch. Jack Watts needs to leave that club.

The Fletch bashing.

hujsh
15-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Adcock was good and deserves a spot. Adds more to the team than just stats.

Feels like every good thing he does is matched by an error or mistake of some sort which for a player of his experience is disappointing.

I've come to accept he's going to be in the team at least until JJ and Suckling are back though

bulldogtragic
15-05-2016, 09:23 PM
Feels like every good thing he does is matched by an error or mistake of some sort which for a player of his experience is disappointing.

I've come to accept he's going to be in the team at least until JJ and Suckling are back though

I couldn't agree more. His errors erase anything he's adding to my mind. But Tom Boyd, Stevens, Suckling, JJ & Hrovat are all coming back and Webb, Jong & Honeychurch are putting good VFL form together.

EasternWest
15-05-2016, 09:33 PM
B

My brother for scoring corporate box tickets.

The copper who was overly attentive in his policing as we walked across the ground. He had eyes everywhere. Till a ball came in. He was playing kick to kick with some kids, not watching out for trouble! That's some community relations right there.

Marcus Bontempelli's parents for creating those hands. He's amazing.

Bonus banker for Titus O'Reilly, who summed it all up: "The Bulldogs are basically Melbourne if the hype about Melbourne was true"

A

Whichever Melbourne defender popped Bonti. Honestly, who hits Bontempelli?

Jesse Hogan. It's the first time I've seen him in the flesh and I'm not sure if the hype is warranted. I thought he looked lazy and played on his terms.

Dale Morris, for making my love for him surpass my love for Brad Johnson.

G-Mo77
15-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Bankers
Handballs in traffic. My god some of those passes were just incredible.

Libba. MACHINE!

Fatherhood. First time my son and I went to the footy together. Singing the song together after the game brought tears to my eyes. Just a special moment I'll never forget.

Anchors.

Melbourne supporters for bronxing Watts all game.

Melbourne supporters for booing umps all game.

LostDoggy
15-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Bankers:
1. Caleb Daniel. Maybe biased because I love the little guy, but this kid creates magic every time he touches the ball. No wonder he was closely watched.
2. Libba. The tackling record deserves a “Liberatore” next to it. Here's hoping he pairs up with an incredibly fertile young lass.
3. Wallis and Hunter were both immense as well.
Honourable mention to Fletch for not having the best game, but never dropping the chin, he kept on chugging and that's all you can ask of a bloke.

Anchors:
1. Uni assignments for keeping me away from the game.
2. Dees fans.
3. Melbourne FC for absolutely wasting a number one pick.

SonofScray
15-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Fatherhood. First time my son and I went to the footy together. Singing the song together after the game brought tears to my eyes. Just a special moment I'll never forget.
Congratulations mate. I took my little girl to the G for the first time today, these are special memories to be creating with the kids. Seeing all the joy and celebration has to be good for their early development! I got very emotional when we walked in for the first time and all the regulars we see near us cheered and welcomed her to the pack. May many flags wag in your time together.

BANKERS

Redpath. He was irrepressible early on and remained relevant as the game wore on. Set the tone.
Bonti's hand passes through traffic were beyond elite.
Stringer's swagger ruffling feathers.

Anchors:

Fletcher Roberts concussion. He looked out of it after he came back on.
Umpire jeering. Ffs we get it, everyone but the FFC get screwed by umpires.
Tim Lane crying over our banner being too political on 3AW

westbulldog
15-05-2016, 10:41 PM
B
Tom Liberatore - reinforced how elite this bloke is.
Jake Stringer - when any sportsperson makes a game look easy it is pure class.
Liam Picken, Luke Dalhaus and Dale Morris - total commitment at the contest all day.

A
none

hujsh
15-05-2016, 10:42 PM
Anchors:

Fletcher Roberts concussion. He looked out of it after he came back on.
Umpire jeering. Ffs we get it, everyone but the FFC get screwed by umpires.
Tim Lane crying over our banner being too political on 3AW
Well these things are only funny until it's about something that affects you personally . I assume that's why it was so offensive.

G-Mo77
15-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Congratulations mate. I took my little girl to the G for the first time today, these are special memories to be creating with the kids. Seeing all the joy and celebration has to be good for their early development! I got very emotional when we walked in for the first time and all the regulars we see near us cheered and welcomed her to the pack. May many flags wag in your time together.

How'd she go? My boy is 2 and 6 months. Watched most of the first half. Went for a stroll at half time and he thought it was over so was disappointed to be back. Watched a bit of the 3rd and I had to use Youtube to get him through. He loves the Bulldog song so was happy to sing it over and over again after the game. He sang it all the way back to the train station and the walk back to the parked car.

bornadog
15-05-2016, 10:45 PM
Bankers

1. Libba's tackling - just sensational

2. Wood's mark and great kick to spot up Redpath in front of goal

3. Caleb Daniel's smart kick along the round to the forward pocket, then to swing around and find a player in the goal square.

Anchors

1. Although I thought the umpiring was generally pretty good today, the one ridiculous decision calling a taking out legs on (I think it was Dahl), when he was already on the ground and the Melbourne player came in late and fell on his back.

2. The bump on Wallis by Vince was dangerous but lucky Mitch was ok. Vince got reported for that.

3. The punch or slap in the face Bonti copped in the goal square when the umpire stopped play and was sorting out a free to Melbourne.

G-Mo77
15-05-2016, 10:48 PM
3. The punch or slap in the face Bonti copped in the goal square when the umpire stopped play and was sorting out a free to Melbourne.

Aren't they able to overturn the decision? The 50 was there against Redpath but IMO should have been turned back over.

bornadog
15-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Aren't they able to overturn the decision? The 50 was there against Redpath but IMO should have been turned back over.

Seems the umpire didn't see it

bornadog
15-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Another Banker which I didn't mention, and ie BEVO and the MC - they did it again with an unconventional setup.

soupman
15-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Bankers
-Adcock, I've been critical of his selection thus far and that he seems to be largely ineffective in games but I thought he was good today and justified his spot so congrats are in order
-Redpath, does go missing for large periods but all key forwards do (look at Hogan). As long as he continues to bo up for atleast 2-3 goals a game and takes his chances I am happy.
-Williams, solid if not overly impressive debut but another that looks comfortable at the level and can certainly kick

Anchors
-Roberts, still lacking in intensity. I'll cut him some slack after his injury but he was poor prior to it as well. Can't see him holding his spot after 3 underwhelming games
-Dee's fans, the bronx cheers for Watts which started early I thought, and are just a poor look. Melbourne are very similiar to Richmond atm, think their list is the bees knees, are incredibly quick to jump on certain players while cutting their sooky star key forward slack despite not contributing much at all. Got a text before the game from a "friend" which was aksing me how we planned to contain "Watts, Hogan, Jones, Petracca and Viney"
-Hogans run up, seriously wtf was that shit. Wouldn't trust him behind the wheel of a car with that attempt at walking in a straight line.

soupman
15-05-2016, 11:15 PM
Also a banker and an anchor to that farcical centre bounce to finish. One of the most bizarrely humorous finishes to a footy match of all time. I hope Gawns hit out didn't cost anybody a result in fantasy footy.

bulldogtragic
15-05-2016, 11:28 PM
Also a banker and an anchor to that farcical centre bounce to finish. One of the most bizarrely humorous finishes to a footy match of all time. I hope Gawns hit out didn't cost anybody a result in fantasy footy.

How did we get to 10.15pm and not mention this!! Most bizarre finish ever, ever, ever.

LostDoggy
15-05-2016, 11:58 PM
Bank

Libba - Brute. Only bloke who could tackle Viney all day.

Bont - Those hands though..

Morris - Unbelievable. What a man.

Anch

Roughy - thought he was really poor today. Thought Gawn had the better of him in the hitouts while he was rucking. Missed some grabs up forward he should have held and wasn't flash when he was moved in defence.

Melbourne fans - Bronx cheering Watts and Gawn. Pathetic.

Doggies fans - replacement game, where were you!!!

soupman
16-05-2016, 12:46 AM
Doggies fans - replacement game, where were you!!!

I thought this was very poorly communicated. I know people who bought tickets at the game before finding out their membership would have gotten them in.

ratsmac
16-05-2016, 01:34 AM
Bankers

Winning at the G. We never really looked like losing.

Winning with 7 of the preferred 22 out injured. Speaks volumes of the talent on our list and of the team structures that every player on the list adheres to. New players come in and play their role.

Libba - 19 tackles, wow! I'll give him a banker every week if he has these numbers.

Anchors

Roberts - he needed to be better 1 on 1. Hogan is a beast but he brushed Fletch aside too too easily.

Missing very gettable goals. There were a number of times we missed goals and targets inside 50 that were basic skill errors. We need to be better if we are going to be a top 4 team.

Whinging Melbourne supporter's - they drive me nuts. I'm sure most of them don't know the rules.

Ghost Dog
16-05-2016, 02:39 AM
Roberts played on Walker, then Hogan. I hope he is not being too unfairly judged and will be given a fair go by supporters. I've heard 'At best VFL quality' but I've heard that before too ( Dixon, Redpath, Tom C ). Wouldn't be picked twice if Bevo did think he was up for it.

BulldogBelle
16-05-2016, 02:55 AM
Bankers
1. Libba
2. The Bont
3. Dolly

Anchors
1. That clown who gave Roberts votes against Sandringham a few weeks ago after he really got towelled up by Membry and others. Probably got Roberts selected in the AFL side ahead of Hamling.
2. Roberts, what a weak effort.
3. The ratbag who whacked The Bont.

merantau
16-05-2016, 06:32 AM
I thought this was very poorly communicated. I know people who bought tickets at the game before finding out their membership would have gotten them in.
Include me in this.

merantau
16-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Bankers: 1. Second efforts. The players are fit and put in from go to whoa
2. Hunter - covered more ground than Ludwig Leichardt but without the unhappy ending.
3. Big Jack - a menacing presence when the ball is in contention. Getting a free for being tackled below the knees when he was 1.5m off the ground was special.
Anchors.
1. Missed set shots
2. Meeting two Yanks who been in Melbourne for 15 years and had only seen 3 games. One of them barracked for Collingwood. The other wanted to know why the player didn't get another shot after kicking a goal so as to "gain an extra point." WTF! Who are these people?
3. Melbourne supporters. Booing their own. I suppose it's in their DNA. It gets up their noses when the hired help is not carrying out their duties.

Twodogs
16-05-2016, 08:19 AM
Bankers: 1. Second efforts. The players are fit and put in from go to whoa
2. Hunter - covered more ground than Ludwig Leichardt but without the unhappy ending.
3. Big Jack - a menacing presence when the ball is in contention. Getting a free for being tackled below the knees when he was 1.5m off the ground was special.
Anchors.
1. Missed set shots
2. Meeting two Yanks who been in Melbourne for 15 years and had only seen 3 games. One of them barracked for Collingwood. The other wanted to know why the player didn't get another shot after kicking a goal so as to "gain an extra point." WTF! Who are these people?
3. Melbourne supporters. Booing their own. I suppose it's in their DNA. It gets up their noses when the hired help is not carrying out their duties.

Why do Americans think that footy is derived from rugby? Often when you see footy on American TV the voiceover says "Australian football is a rugby type game"

bornadog
16-05-2016, 09:50 AM

What are you talking about Easty had a whole thread reminding people.:D

Ghost Dog
16-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Why do Americans think that footy is derived from rugby? Often when you see footy on American TV the voiceover says "Australian football is a rugby type game"

It's the shape of the ball.

soupman
16-05-2016, 10:07 AM
It's the shape of the ball.

And the size of the ignorance

1eyedog
16-05-2016, 10:12 AM
What are you talking about Easty had a whole thread reminding people.:D

Exactly. Both you and Eastie posted it up and It's been on the club website all week. What else can you do? Send a letter?

Mantis
16-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Roberts played on Walker, then Hogan. I hope he is not being too unfairly judged and will be given a fair go by supporters. I've heard 'At best VFL quality' but I've heard that before too ( Dixon, Redpath, Tom C ). Wouldn't be picked twice if Bevo did think he was up for it.

Almost every side has a decent key forward.

hujsh
16-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Exactly. Both you and Eastie posted it up and It's been on the club website all week. What else can you do? Send a letter?

Was there an email? I don't recall seeing one.

Bulldog4life
16-05-2016, 10:24 AM
I couldn't agree more. His errors erase anything he's adding to my mind. But Tom Boyd, Stevens, Suckling, JJ & Hrovat are all coming back and Webb, Jong & Honeychurch are putting good VFL form together.

Via the VFL according to Bevo in his presser

westbulldog
16-05-2016, 11:14 AM

If he is selected it will be interesting to see how he goes against Jeremy Cameron next week............

KT31
16-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Anchors
3. Melbourne FC for absolutely wasting a number one pick.

The way I look at it BAS, it is more of a Banker.:)

Ozza
16-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Bankers;
Bontempelli - 'one-grab' - makes all the difference. Also, the image of him cruising through the centre of the MCG and delivering a well weighted 55m gift to TC....gee whiz.

Stringer - really finishing off the good work in fine style.

Libba - relentless.

I don't have anchors. We are playing really well. I'll have to re-watch the game, because I'm a bit surprised at the ferocity of the Fletcher Roberts critique.

comrade
16-05-2016, 12:53 PM
I don't have anchors. We are playing really well. I'll have to re-watch the game, because I'm a bit surprised at the ferocity of the Fletcher Roberts critique.

I think a lot of it has to do with that first contest against Hogan. Certainly tainted his performance for the rest of the afternoon.

lemmon
16-05-2016, 01:14 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with that first contest against Hogan. Certainly tainted his performance for the rest of the afternoon.

I agree with Ozza that on first glance, I didnt think Roberts had a bad day. His last quarter was pretty good in my mind, made a few big spoils and his handballing was effective

SlimPickens
16-05-2016, 02:21 PM

Hogan was a bit of a non-factor and apart from Fletch slipping over in the first contest. I thought he played a solid game on him. The vitriol by some over that performance is extremely disappointing considering how well the team played.

jeemak
16-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Roberts was a victim of not being a seasoned or outstanding defender in the first contest. Sure, it didn't look pretty, he was a little out of position when the quick and penetrating ball movement came into the forward line, so to see him lose balance trying to find some touch on Hogan wasn't a really big surprise and not a hanging offence.

Even the best defenders get caught out by quick ball movement from time to time.

Ozza
16-05-2016, 03:30 PM
Hogan was a bit of a non-factor and apart from Fletch slipping over in the first contest. I thought he played a solid game on him. The vitriol by some over that performance is extremely disappointing considering how well the team played.

Agree Slim. And I advise not having a read over the game day thread if you haven't already!!

Ghost Dog
16-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Almost every side has a decent key forward.

I see a lot of criticism of Roberts, but not much kudos for his big moments. So starting to think the criticism is a little skewed.
He lacks a bit of composure, certainly. No better teacher than Dale Morris.

chef
16-05-2016, 03:57 PM

Agree. He and Adcock seem to be in the gun.

Mantis
16-05-2016, 05:00 PM
I see a lot of criticism of Roberts, but not much kudos for his big moments. So starting to think the criticism is a little skewed.
He lacks a bit of composure, certainly. No better teacher than Dale Morris.

Did he have any of these yesterday?

SlimPickens
16-05-2016, 05:56 PM

Adcock played very well yesterday. Smart footballer

bornadog
16-05-2016, 05:58 PM

Played his best game for us. Roberts needs to go back to VFL and work on his game.

SlimPickens
16-05-2016, 05:59 PM

Double post

SlimPickens
16-05-2016, 06:01 PM
Played his best game for us. Roberts needs to go back to VFL and work on his game.

Disagree, yesterday was a positive in the right direction for Roberts. The calls for Collins and Hamling aren't based on form.

bornadog
16-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Disagree, yesterday was a positive in the right direction for Roberts. The calls for Collins and Hamling aren't based on form.

Collins and Hamling played well on Saturday.

KT31
16-05-2016, 07:10 PM

I thought he was ok, his positives out-weighed his negatives yesterday.
Although on a couple of occasions yesterday I thought he did exceptionally well only to let himself down by turning the ball over.

Ghost Dog
16-05-2016, 08:07 PM
Add the MRP to the anchors and throw them off St Kilda pier.

azabob
16-05-2016, 08:18 PM

Each week the club sends out a match details email and it was in that.

Remi Moses
16-05-2016, 08:44 PM
Bankers - Our intent , it's consistent and pleasing
- Libba's tackling, channeling the old man
- winning on the G, hopefully shut the tired media narrative up for a while
Anchors - The last quarter, I thought we let through to many goals . Bevo mentioned it in his presser.
- the inconsistency of the tribunal , it's chooklotto .

Eastdog
16-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Bankers:

Stringer - Loved his efforts for us yesterday. Played a very good game.

Morris - What a champ he is holding our defence together with the young kids we have in there learning

Our defensive pressure and ability to hit targets in the forward line was really good.

Anchors

Could of put them away earlier in the game

Our occasional turnovers at times yesterday

LostDoggy
16-05-2016, 10:56 PM
BANKERS

-Dale Morris is the walking definition of a banker. Would walk into a back pocket role with any team ever.
-Midfield depth. While Bont and Libba grab the headlines as superstars returning to their best, we have Dahlhaus, Hunter, Macrae, Wallis and Picken continuing to produce at a very high level week in/week out.
-Rohan Smith. His efforts as defensive coach will be duly recognised in time.

ANCHORS
Hard to be critical of any, but those who aren't nailing their role as of last round would, for mine, include Fletcher Roberts, Jed Adcock and Bailey Dale. If we are to genuinely contend, they are 3 who need to improve dramatically or be replaced.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-05-2016, 12:19 AM
Roberts had some nice moments but I still don't see a spot for him when we're closer to full strength.

Ditto Adcock, who played much better admittedly.

We certainly need them to play well for the moment.

whythelongface
17-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Bankers
Redpath's first quarter was excellent. Structurally we are so much better with him in the team. He will be missed this weekend.

Campbell and Roughead - for negating the over hyped Gawn factor.

Our midfield - outstanding and we have another 8 to 10 years of this group playing together.

Anchors

Two periods in the game when we let them score 3 consecutive goals - 2nd qtr and 4th qtr. What was a 30+ win could have been 50+

1eyedog
17-05-2016, 08:33 AM
Yeah I got an email.

bornadog
17-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Two periods in the game when we let them score 3 consecutive goals - 2nd qtr and 4th qtr. What was a 30+ win could have been 50+

This really annoyed me too, we need to learn to crush teams like the Hawks have always done.

bulldogsthru&thru
17-05-2016, 10:30 AM
This really annoyed me too, we need to learn to crush teams like the Hawks have always done.

Agree. It's very frustrating and just leaves the blood pressure elevated for a longer duration! Was the same last week when we were 6 goals up.

Unsure on the reasoning - probably just lapses in concentration. Maybe they get a bit complacent. The only sides we have put away are at the bottom of the ladder. We need to work on this against the better sides - but hey a wins a win and ill take it however much it shortens my lifespan - 97 still haunts me. no lead is safe

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
17-05-2016, 01:05 PM
I hear you we can be 10 goals up with minutes to go and I'll be asking whether we can lose it from here

LostDoggy
17-05-2016, 01:16 PM
Roberts needs to go back to VFL and work on his game.

I can't see how Roberts is going to improve playing on VFL-level forwards. If he's dropped because the MC believe Hammer or Dad honestly deserve his spot, fine, but otherwise let him learn against the very best.

bornadog
17-05-2016, 01:30 PM
I can't see how Roberts is going to improve playing on VFL-level forwards. If he's dropped because the MC believe Hammer or Dad honestly deserve his spot, fine, but otherwise let him learn against the very best.

I was being nice, personally I don't feel he is going to make it. Happy if he proves me wrong.

Twodogs
17-05-2016, 03:01 PM

I tend to agree. Roberts isn't going to learn anything at VFL level that he hasn't already learned. It's time for him to (keep) proving (he has gotten better each week and he's doing a job) he can make it as an AFL player.

LostDoggy
17-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Bankers:

Libba-Brutal Tackling Machine

Winning at the 'G

The Bont-Poetry in Motion

Anchors:

Fickle,Insipid Melbourne supporters for the Bronx cherrs for Watts and Gawn-Putrid Rubbish

Jetta's punch on Bonti's shnoze-No one puts Bonti in a corner.

Giving up late goals in the 4th qtr.

Eastdog
17-05-2016, 06:39 PM
Agree. It's very frustrating and just leaves the blood pressure elevated for a longer duration! Was the same last week when we were 6 goals up.

Unsure on the reasoning - probably just lapses in concentration. Maybe they get a bit complacent. The only sides we have put away are at the bottom of the ladder. We need to work on this against the better sides - but hey a wins a win and ill take it however much it shortens my lifespan - 97 still haunts me. no lead is safe

Possibly to avoid injury once we have a commanding lead but agree that we should just keep going and win as big as we can and boost our percentage which is very important to determining the finals spots - difference between playing a home final or not.

F'scary
17-05-2016, 11:16 PM
B's:

1. Macrae for contesting marks. He didn't do that up to not that long ago.
2. Roberts for trying really hard at every marking contest, even if he got beaten in a couple, he still made some important spoils.
3. Biggs for doing the hard, accountable stuff. We've gotten used to him racking up the possessions but with the outs over the past few weeks he has tempered his rebounding to make sure the defensive effort is there.

1. Boyd and Redpath for getting reported and rubbed out.
2. Big Red for disappearing for close enough to half the match in the second and third quarters. Needs to be more consistent. Could be good for a real bag if he can keep presenting for 4 quarters.
3. Melbourne supporters for jeering their own players. They heard about the big win last week. They turned up once in a blue moon style expecting a repeat. When it didn't happen, they turn on their players.