PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 11 2016 vs West Coast

Eastdog
27-05-2016, 11:10 AM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 11 2016 match against West Coast at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
29-05-2016, 06:08 PM
With a few players coming some changes need to happen.

Testekill
29-05-2016, 06:49 PM
IN: Honeychurch

OUT: McLean

Tempted to have Stringer out as he was shocking today

ReLoad
29-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Out: McLean and Roberts
In: Honeychurch and an orange witches hat.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 06:55 PM
In: Honeychurch
Out: McLean (rested)

Roberts isn't at the level, but with a week off in the VFL he's likely to stay in.

hujsh
29-05-2016, 07:28 PM
Was Roberts that bad? He missed that mark early and had one or two bad disposals (and aside from Suckers who didn't) but aside from that I thought he played his part well.

EasternWest
29-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Was Roberts that bad? He missed that mark early and had one or two bad disposals (and aside from Suckers who didn't) but aside from that I thought he played his part well.

I thought he was ok.

Developmentally I think he's stalled so I don't know what the future holds for him.

G-Mo77
29-05-2016, 07:35 PM

No but he's an out by default by a lot in here. No Adcock this week to kick so Roberts will wear a few.

1eyedog
29-05-2016, 07:38 PM
In: Stevens
Out: McLean

chef
29-05-2016, 07:40 PM
HC has got to be a chance doesnt he?

bornadog
29-05-2016, 07:44 PM

I am normally critical of him, but I thought today he was steady and played his part.

IN: Honeychurch

AGREE

comrade
29-05-2016, 07:48 PM
It was Roberts best performance for the year. Was given the task on Cox and shut him out completely.

HC is surely due and McLean looks tired.

IN: HC

Webb and Hrovat are also pushing. Stevens needs a run in the 2s if he's fit.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 07:49 PM
No but he's an out by default by a lot in here. No Adcock this week to kick so Roberts will wear a few.

So anyone who thinks that he's not come enough and fears what Kennedy, Darling & Nic Nat will do to him and thereby the result are mentally immature? Because the suggestion that there's mindless bashing because Adcock didn't play is an assertion of mental immaturity. Whilst I respect your right to say what you want, your essentially potting other forum members who don't agree with you and it's unfair.

josie
29-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Honey in for someone, perhaps McLean who needs a rest. Stringer was poor however back at Etihad I think MC will back him in. Hope my fave player Picken is OK as he copped a heavy knock close to end of game. if he cannot play and Stevens is ok then swap.

ReLoad
29-05-2016, 07:51 PM

It's the first time I've asked for his omission, what it is for me is his inability to provide anything except a 1vs1 for example, he doesn't run off, doesn't join linking play and doesn't zone off.

I watched him closely at kick ins, Collingwood had it totally figured out and basically left him all me and focussed on our mids.

The question is who is better (Collins seems miles off) I'm not sold on Hamling, but I saw things in him that Roberts has never even hinted at.

Bulldog4life
29-05-2016, 08:02 PM
I didn't think Roberts was too bad but I don't like him kicking out.

westbulldog
29-05-2016, 08:54 PM
Stevens (against his old team) for McLean (rested).
Roberts was better today and I do hope he matches it with Kennedy.

The Underdog
29-05-2016, 08:55 PM

I thought he did ok, but he's a borderline AFL player at best. Problem is at the moment it would seem that Hamling is the only other player ready to play his role and the MC seem to have more faith in Fletcher.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-05-2016, 09:49 PM
I'd rather Hamling over Roberts. Hard to see it being done this week given the bye.

Honeychurch needs to play. Our lack of forward pressure has been a real concern and I think McLean looks due a rest.

Stevens would be a good in if available but he'd have to be in doubt given last week's performance and his omission from today.

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-05-2016, 09:52 PM
I would be happy to go in with an unchanged team. Our biggest weakness as a team is the poor disposal by many of our players. The number of times we went forward and kicked to the opposition was most disappointing and frustrating. I thought Dunkley clearly looked a better mid field option that Stevens or Jong. The MC clearly sees Roberts as a better proposition than Hamling. Honeychurch is being kept out by the likes of Daniel and McLean who have done enough to be retained particularly Daniel who quite rightly has become a regular inclusion. Our biggest concern is the continuing poor form of Stringer. He looks better when Redpath is in the team but yet again today disappointed. In spite of our defeats against Hawthorn North and GWS we look to have a better team than last year. Adams Suckling and now Dunkley have been good additions as has the rucking now of Campbell.

G-Mo77
29-05-2016, 10:11 PM
It's the first time I've asked for his omission, what it is for me is his inability to provide anything except a 1vs1 for example, he doesn't run off, doesn't join linking play and doesn't zone off.

I watched him closely at kick ins, Collingwood had it totally figured out and basically left him all me and focussed on our mids.

The question is who is better (Collins seems miles off) I'm not sold on Hamling, but I saw things in him that Roberts has never even hinted at.

The fact that he's doing quite well one on one is a plus in my books. I'm certainly not convinced with Roberts but I think he deserves a little more credit. I actually thought Roberts looked a lot more comfortable today, Adams helps.

G-Mo77
29-05-2016, 10:15 PM
So anyone who thinks that he's not come enough and fears what Kennedy, Darling & Nic Nat will do to him and thereby the result are mentally immature? Because the suggestion that there's mindless bashing because Adcock didn't play is an assertion of mental immaturity. Whilst I respect your right to say what you want, your essentially potting other forum members who don't agree with you and it's unfair.

Untie your panties. It was just a light hearted comment/joke. Sheesh

SlimPickens
29-05-2016, 11:00 PM
FFS Fletch is a lock down defender, his opponent didn't kick a goal.

In: Honeychurch

I'd drop Stringer also but it won't happen

josie
29-05-2016, 11:20 PM
Did anyone think Wally looked tired today? Without looking at stats he seemed to turn over the ball even more than the other mids and he looked slow. Time for a rest? HC and Webb in for Wally and McLean.

AndrewP6
29-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Did anyone think Wally looked tired today? Without looking at stats he seemed to turn over the ball even more than the other mids and he looked slow.

Dunno about him looking slow, but he picked up 19 disposals at 84% disposal efficiency.

1eyedog
30-05-2016, 09:15 AM
I think a few players look tired in the midfield. Our team defence game style must be draining. The bye can't come quick enough for Wally, Libba, McLean and Dahl.

Mofra
30-05-2016, 10:01 AM
No change.

No VFL on the weekend so nobody is pressing for spots. Roberts seems to be the new whipping boy but despite being slow of body and mind he fills his role and uses the ball well.
McLean might be under pressure but it's not this week. Dunkley stays in, loved his game.

dukedog
30-05-2016, 11:01 AM
I thought Fletcher was very good. Id say Mclean to have a rest. HC needs to get a gig. I also think dunkley will be luke parker like. Sydney has alot of those types, which is why i think they passed on him

Ozza
30-05-2016, 01:59 PM
I'd be fine with Honeychurch getting an opportunity for a tired looking McLean. However, it does mean we lose the aerial skills that McLean brings to the side where he can mark or at least halve the contest.

Roberts will match up on Lycett this week (and NicNat if he goes forward). Adams would be going to Kennedy. Darling doesn't play overly tall - I'd say Morris and Wood will both spend time on him and Cripps.

Cyberdoggie
30-05-2016, 02:08 PM
HC in
McLean out

Forward pressure again could improve, was better than last week all over though.

He also adds another midfield rotation if required.

Previous games against the Weagles on Etihad were fast flowing high scoring games that went down to the wire.
I think unlike the games at the MCG in the last few weeks we may see some more goals scored this week.

Rocco Jones
30-05-2016, 05:58 PM
I have not wanted Roberts in all season but yesterday was his best game. Not the time to drop him.

In: Stevens or Honeychurch

Would only play Koby if medical team think he is totally right. Might need to come back via VFL whenever he is fit if there are concerns of a GWS repeat/needing game time under his belt.

On Honeychurch- he wasn't named as an emergency and the VFL team didn't play so maybe he is a long shot.

Templeton31
31-05-2016, 03:42 PM
How about

In: TBoyd

Show faith in T Boyd, change the dynamic of our forward line of having Redpath, Toyd and one of Campbell/Roughy as targets and Jake and Tory free to roam. I am throwing this up as an idea rather than sold on it and I know Bevo has indicated Toyd will come back through the VFL.

Remi Moses
31-05-2016, 05:13 PM
Roberts, besides the mark he should have taken early was pretty good
Bailey Williams was incredibly stiff last week, but if I'd bring someone in it would be him .
Roberts offers more in the air than Hamling, but Hamling's better athletically .
We really need to get back in the horse this week, or we'll get cleaned up .

1eyedog
31-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Roberts, besides the mark he should have taken early was pretty good
Bailey Williams was incredibly stiff last week, but if I'd bring someone in it would be him .
Roberts offers more in the air than Hamling, but Hamling's better athletically .
We really need to get back in the horse this week, or we'll get cleaned up .
On the horse or do you mean a horse like at Troy?

Ghost Dog
31-05-2016, 05:30 PM
We owe this lot a hiding or two. Will be absolutely disappointed if we are beaten. It's time we came of age and started giving them a miserable flight home.

Templeton31
31-05-2016, 05:39 PM
We owe this lot a hiding or two. Will be absolutely disappointed if we are beaten. It's time we came of age and started giving them a miserable flight home.

we did beat them in the corresponding game last year.....I'm sure they went home a bit grumpy that night!

bornadog
31-05-2016, 05:47 PM
How about

In: TBoyd

Show faith in T Boyd, change the dynamic of our forward line of having Redpath, Toyd and one of Campbell/Roughy as targets and Jake and Tory free to roam. I am throwing this up as an idea rather than sold on it and I know Bevo has indicated Toyd will come back through the VFL.

From Press Conference today:

Western Bulldogs ‏@westernbulldogs (https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs) 2h (https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs/status/737512204614828032)2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/westernbulldogs/status/737512204614828032)
LB: Tom Boyd has been out for a while now, we won't play him at senior level until he is cherry ripe.

Ghost Dog
31-05-2016, 05:54 PM
we did beat them in the corresponding game last year.....I'm sure they went home a bit grumpy that night!

Thanks for reminding me. But not nearly enough victories to wipe clean the book of grudges.

bornadog
31-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Thanks for reminding me. But not nearly enough victories to wipe clean the book of grudges.

The way to do that is to beat them in Perth as well as here.

Axe Man
31-05-2016, 06:32 PM
The way to do that is to beat them in Perth as well as here.

I hope we don't play them in Perth this year, because that would have to be in a final!:eek:

merantau
31-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Win this game and we go 8-3. So, it is a very important game. Not the time to make big changes. Roberts stays in for mine. Most posters agree his last outing was his best so far. Stevens won't play. Talk of dropping Stringer is misplaced. He has the ability to turn a game in the blinl of an eye. The game will be won in the midfield. Restrict, Pridis, Shuey etc is paramount. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Stop clean ball going in and make the job easier for our backs. We need to start delivering the ball well to our forwards. It has to start happening soon. This is our Achilles Heel at the moment. I really don't like the Weasels and their supporters AT ALL. I am hanging out for a win on the weekend. Go Dogs!

bornadog
31-05-2016, 11:14 PM
I hope we don't play them in Perth this year, because that would have to be in a final!:eek:

True, I meant eventually, ie sometime in the future.

Ozza
01-06-2016, 01:18 PM
I listened to an interview Bevo did on Perth radio - his indication was that we wouldn't have any changes this week.

He said that we definitely didn't need to go any taller, and also that he didn't think we needed to make any changes based on form as he thought all 22 were contributors on the weekend.

I'd expect no change.

G-Mo77
02-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Baby Stringer 2 is still not here and is due any day. C'mon bubs, let Daddy play on Sunday. :D

LostDoggy
02-06-2016, 06:15 PM
No Change for me.
Would this be the first time under Bevo that we would go into the folloowing weeks game with no change if it were to happen?

Axe Man
02-06-2016, 06:30 PM
No Change for me.
Would this be the first time under Bevo that we would go into the folloowing weeks game with no change if it were to happen?

Had no change from round 1 to round 2 this year.

GVGjr
02-06-2016, 07:20 PM
Minson, Honeychurch, Willliams into 25-man squad.

G-Mo77
02-06-2016, 07:27 PM
No change.....yet

Oh and Baby Stringer 2 arrived today. Congrats Jake and Abby!

bornadog
02-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Stringer a father again - baby girl. Now he can rip West Coast apart.

ratsmac
02-06-2016, 07:52 PM
Stringer a father again - baby girl. Now he can rip West Coast apart.

Congrats but..... you know, a boy wouldn't be a bad idea for fs.

Nah seriously, great news. Hopefully his mind is 100% on kicking lots of goals now.

F'scary
02-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Our backline doesn't appear to have enough height or weight to combat all three of West Coke's tall forwards. If we are going to win it will be by our tried and tested method of starving them of opportunities.

To this end, I think the inclusion of Honeychurch for McLean is a must. Increase the forward defensive pressure to lock the ball in our half for longer periods of time.

Cyberdoggie
03-06-2016, 06:01 PM
Congrats but..... you know, a boy wouldn't be a bad idea for fs.

Nah seriously, great news. Hopefully his mind is 100% on kicking lots of goals now.

True, but at the rate he and his partner are going at there could be a few more Stringers yet to come. :)

Congrats to Jake

bornadog
03-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Final team Unchanged