PDA

View Full Version : The Premiership Clock

bulldogtragic
27-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Out of curiosity, I'm interested to hear from woofers where you think we are on the premiership clock right now.

chef
27-05-2016, 11:35 AM
I think we are at 9.

We are still a bit immature and have a few holes to fill eg. A KPD, a KPF, out side run and maybe a ruck (not sold on Camhead yet). That could be filled by our list now or through trade/draft.

1eyedog
27-05-2016, 11:46 AM
I think we are at 9.

We are still a bit immature and have a few holes to fill eg. A KPD, a KPF, out side run and maybe a ruck (not sold on Camhead yet). That could be filled by our list now or through trade/draft.

Sounds about right chef although Hawthorn were at 9 in 08 when they snatched one right before their dynasty.

LostDoggy
27-05-2016, 12:52 PM
10. Without the injuries/suspensions we would just about be flag favourites for mine.

Crameri is going to be a huge addition next year.

Mantis
27-05-2016, 01:17 PM
10. Without the injuries/suspensions we would just about be flag favourites for mine.

Crameri is going to be a huge addition next year.

Yep.. I don't think we are that far away especially given the other contenders all have flaws/ gaps in their teams and have doubts about their ability to get the job done too.

It's very open.. So we just need to stay healthy and play at or near our best most weeks and we will hit the finals with as good as chance as anyone.

bornadog
27-05-2016, 02:04 PM
When Bevo came to the club, his thoughts were 2017, but he has been pleasantly surprised how our young team has performed

BornInDroopSt'54
27-05-2016, 02:50 PM
When Bevo came to the club, his thoughts were 2017, but he has been pleasantly surprised how our young team has performed

Well 2017 would make it 11 o'clock this year which is what I voted for by which I mean that this team has an 11/12 chance at winning a flag at some time within the next five years.
Hopefully we can trade for another good KPP and a pacey good ball user to maximise our chances and with further maturity and team development we can top GWS despite their unholy recruiting advantages, and Sydney's also, not to mention the Dangerfield led Cats etc. We must attract some guns who want to play for us because of our premiership window.
Having said that, as we stand this year, we could go all the way if we are lucky with injuries. It's a good year to be up and about.

F'scary
27-05-2016, 09:40 PM
I sincerely hold that we are a sneaky chance for the flag this year, even without Murphy. But I have put us at 7 o'clock because so many factors are at play. As for the next few years, we need a few of the young ones to really come on and the odd great recruitment. I don't mean a name player necessarily, just one or two more A graders for KP and ruck spots. If Clay Smith could make it back as good as he was, that would make a big difference in terms of selection choice. Getting Murphy back for next year would be a must if we can't snaffle it this year.

Murphy'sLore
27-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Murphy's not coming back.

bulldogtragic
27-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Murphy's not coming back.

Gut feeling or fact?

Murphy'sLore
27-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Gut feeling.

I'd love to be wrong.

Bulldog4life
27-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Gut feeling.

I'd love to be wrong.

Yes my feeling is if Murph was playing next year we would know by now. I hope I am wrong too.

SonofScray
28-05-2016, 12:06 AM

I like to think that the widow is open and the clock is stuck on 12. If you win the premiership, you are a premiership team.

LostDoggy
28-05-2016, 01:00 PM

Can pinch it this year.
Definately cherry ripe for next year and 4 to 5 years thereafter.
Can't wait to get Crammers back next year.

Bulldog4life
28-05-2016, 01:04 PM
I reckon we are at 10 o'clock. We should be between 10 and 2 for the next 5 or 6 years or even longer. Great opportunity to win a flag or 2.