PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned-round 10 v Collingwood.

Twodogs
29-05-2016, 05:35 PM
1. 2. 3.

GVGjr
29-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Remember it's learned not confirmed

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 06:54 PM
1. Dunkley will be a player
2. Morris has another two years in him. He's form just isn't dropping at all.
3. Collingwood are average to let us be within a goal or two before most injuries impacted them.

Ghost Dog
29-05-2016, 07:04 PM
Jack McCrae - more of a leader than I thought he would be.
We have to learn to protect Bont a bit more.
For all the bother, those jumpers were not worth it.

lemmon
29-05-2016, 07:05 PM
1. Dickson is primed for a big second half of the season, when the pace went out in the last he was instrumental

2. Dropping Bailey Williams was the wrong move. We lack class at the moment and it really stands out when Caleb and Suckling have the footy

3. Dunkley's forward craft and footy brain is underrated

LostDoggy
29-05-2016, 07:51 PM
1.I love winning ugly against The Filth.
2.Dunkley is going to be a Jet.
3.Dicko is gearing up for a big 2nd half of the season.

bornadog
29-05-2016, 07:53 PM
2. Dropping Bailey Williams was the wrong move. We lack class at the moment and it really stands out when Caleb and Suckling have the footy

Whilst I agree he should have played, who do you drop? - I guess Mclean should have been.

EasternWest
29-05-2016, 07:56 PM
1. The concerns over Dunkley making the grade look like they'll be unfounded. He's got a few tools and a great attitude.

2. I don't think we're as close as we might like to think we are.

3. Jack Macrae is actually pretty hard.

bornadog
29-05-2016, 07:58 PM
1. The Bont can be taken out of a game - but not the whole game.

2. Caleb is proving - Size does matter - here is looking at you Yankee Cox.

3. Our players never stop trying.

comrade
29-05-2016, 08:04 PM
2. I don't think we're as close as we might like to think we are.

Strange comment after a win that takes us to 7-3 and out of the top 4 on % only, with 2 prime movers coming back from a decent spell on the sidelines.

Also, you won't find many here that thinks we're sure things this year?

Premierships aren't won in May and rarely is the red hot team in round 10 the eventual winner.

always right
29-05-2016, 08:31 PM
1. Dahlhaus kept us in the game. Never stops working.....but I guess I already knew that.
2. Individually they are okay but together, Roughy and TC are a weapon.
3. Stringer is the most frustrating player in our team. Needs to stop taking shortcuts.

LostDoggy
29-05-2016, 08:43 PM
1. It's cold in Melbourne in May! Glad we scored some goals in the last or I may have frozen in place.
2. We can win at the G, we got out of jail today too, that's a very handy 4 points.
3. Our forward entries are atrocious, I counted seven kicks directly to free pies in the second

Bonus 4. I thought it was the crows supporters that had trouble with the holding the ball rule. For goodness sake, a sideways glance at the ball initiates a g wide BALL cheer from the pies supporters. Why did they they keep booing??

Nuggety Back Pocket
29-05-2016, 08:51 PM
1. Dahlhaus was again outstanding to be our most consistent player.
2. The 5 inclusions were all significant with new players in Adams and Dunkley proving their value.
3. Stringer is a major concern and again struggled as he has done for much of the year.

EasternWest
29-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Strange comment after a win that takes us to 7-3 and out of the top 4 on % only, with 2 prime movers coming back from a decent spell on the sidelines.

Also, you won't find many here that thinks we're sure things this year?

Premierships aren't won in May and rarely is the red hot team in round 10 the eventual winner.

Who said premierships are won in May? Not me. Where did I point the finger at people saying we are sure things?

I stand by my comment. I don't think we're as close as we might like to think we are.

I think if you put up what we did today, and have been for a while, as far as execution go, we would get comfortably beaten by the true contenders. GWS never really being threatened by us wasn't an accident.

Our intent is generally pretty good, and our hands are usually good, but our forward drives are terrible and getting worse.

I'm happy for you to have a different opinion. I don't feel the need to say your opinion is a "strange comment". I definitely think we're a bottom half of top eight team, but it's a big bridge to cross and I think we're still a fair way off it.

westbulldog
29-05-2016, 08:58 PM
The 4 quarter contested effort of Luke Dalhaus is amazing.
Dunkley can play.
We have belief.

Mofra
29-05-2016, 09:19 PM
1. Stringer is not right. Feeling the effects of two corkies in a row? Due for a rest.

2. I feel better when Caleb Daniel has the ball than when anyone else on our list has it. Smart smart smart footballer

3. We have no HF line as per 2008-10 years. I hope we can trade/draft/structure up to amend this.

comrade
29-05-2016, 09:26 PM
3. We have no HF line as per 2008-10 years. I hope we can trade/draft/structure up to amend this.

I hear we're after a gut running lead up forward in the prime of his career. Has been the leading goal kicker at an AFL club on multiple occasions. Goes by the name of Stew. And he won't cost us a thing!

Mofra
29-05-2016, 09:29 PM
I hear we're after a gut running lead up forward in the prime of his career. Has been the leading goal kicker at an AFL club on multiple occasions. Goes by the name of Stew. And he won't cost us a thing!
I think we could do with two - an anchor forward (Boyd/Redpath) and one leading to each side of the ground so we're covered if we switch play.

ratsmac
29-05-2016, 10:01 PM
1. Wood is a good captain. We needed him to can play a captains game today, and he did right when we needed it the most. He really stood tall today.

2. Suckling was exactly what we needed out of half back. Now we need to get him to teach the others how to kick.

3. Adams marks the ball better without a broken finger. He was back to his early season form today.

hujsh
29-05-2016, 10:05 PM
1. The concerns over Dunkley making the grade look like they'll be unfounded. He's got a few tools and a great attitude.

What concerns? I've not seen any. He's looked pretty good from the get go.

SquirrelGrip
29-05-2016, 11:14 PM
1. Captain Wood has more passion than I previously thought.
2. If we played ourselves, our back line would slaughter our forward line - I don't think we'd score!
3. Dale Morris is the club's best defensive backman EVER.

EasternWest
29-05-2016, 11:25 PM
What concerns? I've not seen any. He's looked pretty good from the get go.

There was talk pre season he was slow and didn't have the best skillset. Plus Sydney passed on him for FS.

bulldogtragic
29-05-2016, 11:33 PM
There was talk pre season he was slow and didn't have the best skillset. Plus Sydney passed on him for FS.

Sydney just had their conscience kick in and realise they had too many opportunities they exploited. He has a younger brother around the under 16's age too.

Remi Moses
30-05-2016, 12:13 AM
3. You might have heard Collingwood were down to zero rotations .
2. Crameri's a big loss
1. I think the MCG had a fire drill about 5.45 pm . Noticed a lot of people evacuating

Templeton31
30-05-2016, 10:09 AM
1. Big Jack Redders has improved this year. Wasn't his best game yesterday but his marking, movement up and down the ground and kicking all better. Loved his mark at CHF and quick turn and long kick to Dunks in last quarter.

2. Think we can confirm 2015 as another good draft year from Dalrymple and co. Williams showing plenty in his two debut games, Adams doing well as rookie key position defender, Collins will come on and yesterday Dunkley playing so well.

3. Wood getting the hang of being Captain and getting back to 2015 form after slow start to the year.

whythelongface
30-05-2016, 02:18 PM
1. We were able to win a game where, for the most part, weren't the better team. Collingwood really came at us for the first two and half quarters and provided significant forward and midfield pressure, as well as closing down space. We are able to wear teams down through our relentless work off the ball and ability to create pressure. (mind you we had some fortune with the filth having no bench for a quarter and a half).

2. Our defence across the ground just gets better with every game. 605 points against after 10 games is outstanding.

3. As others have suggested the comp is wide open - it is really hard to gauge a clear favourite at this stage of the season. If we can finish top 4 we are right in this. The next 3 games before the bye are huge. Need to win at least 2.

Eastdog
30-05-2016, 06:32 PM
1. Still need to work harder if we want to win the premiership

2. Morris is a Bulldog champion

3. Dunkley did good things and will be a player

LostDoggy
30-05-2016, 06:50 PM
1. Our unforced errors continue unabated and will show us up in the finals if we make it

2. We don't spread as well as GWS or the Pies. We don't run forward with any zip....is it a system issue or a player issue?

3. We need more players who have genuine speed and can kick long to a moving target. Suckling is slow to dispose of the ball yet has the long kick covered. Others get plenty of the ball, dispose of it quickly, but struggle to do it to our advantage. I think we have too many 45 metre floaty kickers and not enough flat, accurate 60 metre kickers. We also have a number of players of the one pace.....would need to mix it up with another player of genuine pace.

Go_Dogs
30-05-2016, 08:26 PM
1. Josh Dunkley may never be an 'elite A grader' but he's going to be one of my favourite footballers for a long time. His smarts and willingness to impact a contest will ensure he makes the grade - if he can tidy up his kicking, our draft strategy in 2015 will go down in the books as all time.

2. A mate of mine at the Hawks (banter rather than anything serious) was giving it to me over summer about the Dogs picking up Suckling. I mentioned the Hawks' 2016 list had lost one player Champion Data had ranked as elite from their 2015 prospectus - Matt Suckling. I wasn't convinced he was elite for his position/role which they rank it on, but now I am. He's fitted in incredibly quickly and is proving himself to be a consistent performer.

3. We're going to continue to play Roberts and are trying really hard to develop his offensive game. Well, that's what I learned from him taking multiple kick-ins.