PDA

View Full Version : North Melbourne handed all of Tassie as an academy?

bulldogtragic
03-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Did I hear it right at half time? North Melbourne given all of Tasmania as their own academy on top of their Victorian zones.

Webby
03-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Did I hear it right at half time? North Melbourne given all of Tasmania as their own academy on top of their Victorian zones.

Yes, that's correct... The North Melbourne-Coburg-Canberra-Gold Coast-Ballarat-Hobart Kangaroos have the whole of Tasmania and part of Melbourne's western suburbs to themselves...

bulldogtragic
03-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Yes, that's correct... The North Melbourne-Coburg-Canberra-Gold Coast-Ballarat-Hobart Kangaroos have the whole of Tasmania and part of Melbourne's western suburbs to themselves...

Seems fair. Fair, like GWS getting the rest of Australia.

soupman
03-06-2016, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. I would guess Tassie doesn't have a very high "diverse backgrounds" population, and has really struggled to produce talent for a while now. If North can turn a few into AFL prospects they can have first dibs.

jeemak
03-06-2016, 11:08 PM
Don't see what the issue it.

http://www.dpac.tas.gov.au/divisions/csr/information_and_resources/children_and_young_people_in_tasmania_snapshot/demographics

bulldogtragic
03-06-2016, 11:13 PM
Too lasy or even lazy to read it. If anyone was deserving of Tassie, why not the team whose been playing there for over 10 years?

jeemak
03-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Too lasy or even lazy to read it. If anyone was deserving of Tassie, why not the team whose been playing there for over 10 years?

Long story short, there's three capital cities in Tasmania, most of the population lives outside of city areas, north hates south, south hates north and the middle is hated by each just as much as the middle hates them.

It's dysfunctional, and pretty white.

bulldogtragic
03-06-2016, 11:24 PM
Long story short, there's three capital cities in Tasmania, most of the population lives outside of city areas, north hates south, south hates north and the middle is hated by each just as much as the middle hates them.

Ever thought of applying for a job at tourism Tasmania? :D

jeemak
03-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Ever thought of applying for a job at tourism Tasmania? :D

When we met I might have mentioned it, I've worked a lot with Tassie.

Really good people, lovely place, it's just the place to find all the old cars you don't see on the Mainland these days.

Bulldog Joe
03-06-2016, 11:48 PM

That is a little harsh on us poor Tasmanians and incorrect.

The South hates North is ok and the North hates South is fine but there is no middle. There is simply a dividing line at Oatlands.

The 3rd part is the North West. The North West (Burnie - Devonport) is hated by the South even more than they hate the North as they actually do not want to acknowledge there is a NW. This is reciprocated by the NW.

The North and NW also hate each other except when they talk about the South, when they are unified in their dislike.

The NW confuses it a little further as Devonport hate Burnie even more than they hate the South, but Burnie are quite ambivalent about Devonport, as Burnie people recognise that Devonport has an unfulfilled need to be important SOMEWHERE.

jeemak
03-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Sorry Bulldog Joe, I agree, and I wasn't thorough enough in my delineation of regions.

As far as the capitals or centres are concerned north to me is Burnie, middle to me is Devonport/Launceston, South to me is Hobart (this knowledge gained over five years business dealings and travelling there). Irrespective of that, I've found north of Launceston (including Launceston) hates anything south of Launceston and vice versa.

It's a three sided argument, where on party involved is responsible for two sides of it.

Throughandthrough
03-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Zero Tasmanian kids made the allies (u18) team this year. Tasmania needs something!

1eyedog
04-06-2016, 06:13 AM
Isolation breeds mental strangulation.