PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Roughead~ 100 games

Testekill
06-06-2016, 12:18 PM
One of our favourite whipping boys hits the big 100 this weekend and how great is it to see after he has taken so long to find a position to hold down. He & Campbell have been instrumental this season with how they have completely negated some of the best ruckmen that the game has to offer and they've even been clunking a few strong contested marks around the ground.

Mofra
06-06-2016, 12:28 PM
He's definitely been playing well this year and taking some solid marks around the ground. Good luck to our former VC

bornadog
06-06-2016, 12:31 PM
I bet Jordan is glad Macca is still not coach. What a mistake to try and make him into a fullback, when clearly his talent lies in the ruck. Kudos to Bevo switching him back into the ruck a position he enjoys playing.

He has struggled a bit to get his body right and finally he is holding up. Has worked well with Campbell without starring, but has been handy around the ground.

bulldogtragic
06-06-2016, 12:44 PM
I bet Jordan is glad Macca is still not coach. What a mistake to try and make him into a fullback, when clearly his talent lies in the ruck. Kudos to Bevo switching him back into the ruck a position he enjoys playing.

He has struggled a bit to get his body right and finally he is holding up. Has worked well with Campbell without starring, but has been handy around the ground.

Ditto. Like many he is reborn. He was taken in back to back picks (with the Farren Ray pick me thinks) with Liam Jones and for a while there it looked like Liam was in front. Now he's light years ahead of Jones & Ray with his serviceable games. Happy to get Roughy & Macrae (after Ward) for McMahon & Ray. Well done, 100 games is a super effort.

Bulldog4life
06-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Congrats to Jordan. It is always nice to see a player who was a doggies supporter growing up as a kid succeed. Becoming an important player for us.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
06-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Took some great grabs yesterday. Love the way he competes

Greystache
06-06-2016, 05:54 PM
He becomes the 3rd member of the illustrious club that are players over 190cm to be drafted by Scott Clayton to play 100 games.

All credit to the guru.

Well done to Roughy also

Flamethrower
06-06-2016, 08:02 PM
Jordan is one of my favourites....just gives his all against the odds every week.

Just needs to convert a little more often when he has the opportunity. Camhead had the yips early this season and has sorted it out. Let's hope Jordy can straighten his goal kicking up in time for September.

Remi Moses
06-06-2016, 09:08 PM
I think he's been very good and been hammered by injury .
The combination has grown significantly

merantau
06-06-2016, 10:15 PM
Congrats Jordan. Well played. Puts in each week and is having a very good year. Lots to look forward to in partnership with BTC.

1eyedog
07-06-2016, 11:09 AM
Jordan is one of my favourites....just gives his all against the odds every week.

Just needs to convert a little more often when he has the opportunity. Camhead had the yips early this season and has sorted it out. Let's hope Jordy can straighten his goal kicking up in time for September.

Camhead is both of them

bornadog
10-06-2016, 05:59 PM
Some highlights of Roughie's games here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-06-09/the-best-of-roughy-100-games)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkkU7wGXIAA_xzX.jpg

Dancin' Douggy
10-06-2016, 08:08 PM
He becomes the 3rd member of the illustrious club that are players over 190cm to be drafted by Scott Clayton to play 100 games.

All credit to the guru.

Well done to Roughy also

Great stat to pick up. He really has an appalling record with talls.

Dancin' Douggy
10-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Ok, game of throners. If Sam from the night's watch put in a couple of solid preseasons.
He'd be a dead ringer for young master Roughhead

Go_Dogs
10-06-2016, 08:19 PM
Given his injury history, it's a great testament to his persistence to get there - well done Jordan.

He's been a solid contributor this year - if he can improve his goal kicking (confidence) he can be a difference maker come September.

comrade
10-06-2016, 08:21 PM
He's unrecognisable with no strapping and a beautiful set shot in his first game

Eastdog
10-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Congrats Jordan. Hope you have a great 100th tomorrow.

bornadog
11-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Great stat to pick up. He really has an appalling record with talls.

Tell me a recruiter who has a great record with Talls.

The Underdog
11-06-2016, 03:01 AM
He's a *!*!*!*!ing awful set shot but this year has proved himself a cracking ruck. All the best with continuing to fight through a bunch of injuries and kicking some arse this week. Go Roughy.

1eyedog
11-06-2016, 11:22 AM
Tell me a recruiter who has a great record with Talls.

Not even a recruiter, Greg Miller the Kangaroos CEO at the time met the Swans regarding getting Longmire to North. They agreed. Carey came from NSW and was zoned to the Swans, Miller inquired about Carey on the same day and offered up $10,000 for him and the Swans agreed. Bang and Bang there's your gun goal kicker for the next ten years and your captain and and greatest player ever done over coffee.

bulldogtragic
11-06-2016, 06:11 PM
He can have a double celebration of a career high 29 hit outs too.