PDA

View Full Version : The AFL and it's Hall of Fame committee can get *!*!*!*!ed

Twodogs
15-06-2016, 09:16 AM
Kelvin Templeton.

Put him in and enough with the blokes who played in the Micky Mouse completions. Put the players in who tested themselves and DOMINATED the best competition in Australia then we can start purring the players in from the back waters.
This is not to denigrate completions outside of the VFL but the best competition especially in the 1070 and 1980s was the VFL and KT dominated it. The AFL HOF is nothing but a joke and a farce when players like Kelvin Templeton isn't in it.

Throughandthrough
15-06-2016, 09:43 AM
It's the Australian Footy Hall of Fame, not the AFL Hall of Fame.

ledge
15-06-2016, 09:43 AM
I find it a self loathing award night just like television awards themselves ..
Didn't even know it was on until I turned on fox footy, thought it was an old replay.
Find it quite hilarious robbo and Gerard raving on about hurrying up to get there after their show. . A feeling of self importance as to say they were invited.
AFL wake up it's the fans who are important. Stop giving us constant drivel and slobbering over yourselves.
And how about the fans vote on who should be there .. It is actually the public who make them legends.

bornadog
15-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Surely Gary Ablett snr should be a legend of the game.

Twodogs
15-06-2016, 11:23 AM
It's the Australian Footy Hall of Fame, not the AFL Hall of Fame.

Kelvin Templeton was ten times the player Ben Hart was. Ben Hart was a fair player but he wasn't even close to KT.

Throughandthrough
15-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Kelvin Templeton was ten times the player Ben Hart was. Ben Hart was a fair player but he wasn't even close to KT.

That has no resemblance or reference to my comment.

Twodogs
15-06-2016, 12:30 PM
That has no resemblance or reference to my comment.

I may have been avoiding your comment, yes. But more redirecting my point to where it probably should have been directed in the first place.

I can't understand how the first man to win a Brownlow and kick 100 goals in a season isn't in the HOF.

soupman
15-06-2016, 01:21 PM
AFL wake up it's the fans who are important. Stop giving us constant drivel and slobbering over yourselves.
And how about the fans vote on who should be there .. It is actually the public who make them legends.

Be careful what you wish for. These are the same people that voted Cripps as the best young player in the comp.

always right
15-06-2016, 01:30 PM
I find it a self loathing award night just like television awards themselves ..
Didn't even know it was on until I turned on fox footy, thought it was an old replay.
Find it quite hilarious robbo and Gerard raving on about hurrying up to get there after their show. . A feeling of self importance as to say they were invited.

Self loathing? Not sure what you're on about.

I hope Gerard was invited considering he was compering the bloody thing.

KT will be inducted in time I am sure. There is a fair bit of politics around sharing the love nationally. I understand the sensitivities.

Remi Moses
15-06-2016, 03:10 PM
It's complete nonsense . With due respect to footballers outside of the old VFL, the Comp in Victoria was 10 times harder than any of them .Terry Wallace should also be in it as well.

Throughandthrough
15-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Never played a VFL/AFL match

http://www.sanfl.com.au/hall_of_fame/peter_g_carey_oam/

LostDoggy
15-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Be careful what you wish for. These are the same people that voted Cripps as the best young player in the comp.

And Lewis Taylor as the Rising Star winner ahead of The Bont FFS'S!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

LostDoggy
15-06-2016, 06:01 PM
I can't understand how the first man to win a Brownlow and kick 100 goals in a season isn't in the HOF.

And from the hardest position to play at CHF no less.:eek:

bornadog
15-06-2016, 06:28 PM
And Lewis Taylor as the Rising Star winner ahead of The Bont FFS'S!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Taylor making it hard to sign a new contract.

Throughandthrough
15-06-2016, 07:59 PM
It's complete nonsense . With due respect to footballers outside of the old VFL, the Comp in Victoria was 10 times harder than any of them .Terry Wallace should also be in it as well.

Sorry mate, but you aren't showing any respect at all here.

1eyedog
15-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Not only that, like Ablett KT was the only reason swarms of Bulldogs players went to the footy during very bleak days. He has done more for football, and more for the local footballing community out west than any other player I can think of. He was the reason we went to the footy in the late 70s early 80s and was surely the main reason we survived that very period of our history.

Even at a social level KT should be inducted.

Twodogs
15-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Not only that, like Ablett KT was the only reason swarms of Bulldogs players went to the footy during very bleak days. He has done more for football, and more for the local footballing community out west than any other player I can think of. He was the reason we went to the footy in the late 70s early 80s and was surely the main reason we survived that very period of our history.

Even at a social level KT should be inducted.

Yep. I have seen a lot of football and Templeton is the best I have seen. He dominated both key forward positions.

Bulldog Joe
15-06-2016, 10:46 PM
I would agree that Templeton as an individual player is clearly ahead of both Ben Hart and Nigel Lappin and I would venture to say a few others on the list as well.

Rocket Science
15-06-2016, 11:53 PM
Clearly? Really?

Revere KT for the hope and modest respectability he helped afford a club in dire need of both at the time - and he thoroughly deserves a nod - but would happily argue Lappin's induction absolutely and wholly deserved.

bornadog
16-06-2016, 12:01 AM

AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL HALL of fame, not AFL Hall of fame

Scraggers
16-06-2016, 01:02 AM
Ray Sorrell was a great inclusion. Tough tough player and very skilful. I know the family well.

I like the fact that other competitions are included. It is an Australian game. We should acknowledge the champions from the past for our VFL / AFL and other comps.

I am dismayed that Templeton and a number of other players were not inducted in front of Hart or Lappin (There are hundreds of players that should be included before Hart and Lappin ... both great players but way down the list). But I am not unhappy the Sorrell and Baggshaw were acknowledged for their services to our great game.