St Kilda v Melbourne Etihad Stadium 3.20pm

Brisbane Lions v GWS Giants Gabba 4:40pm

bornadog
14-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Go Swannies!!

comrade
14-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Go Swannies!!

Not so sure. We want Sydney and Adelaide as far away from 1/2 as possible.

bulldogtragic
14-07-2016, 08:19 PM

Yep. I don't think we can go top 2, so Hawthorn and Geelong would be the next best option if we can't finish top 2.

Ozza
14-07-2016, 08:56 PM

Sydney in Sydney are our bunnies though...no dramas having to go there in the finals!!

Ozza
14-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Really good game so far - as you'd expect with 1 v 2. I can't barrack for Hawthorn in any circumstances....so it's 'go swans' for me.

Bulldog4life
14-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Sydney in Sydney are our bunnies though...no dramas having to go there in the finals!!

Yes. They have won 19 of the last 22 games there. Guess who has beaten them twice:)

azabob
14-07-2016, 09:35 PM
How impressive were Hawks in that 2nd quarter?

comrade
14-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Hawks forward line is just unfair.

azabob
14-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Hawks forward line is just unfair.

And they lost Franklin!

chef
14-07-2016, 09:39 PM
And they lost Franklin!

And no Roughie

comrade
14-07-2016, 09:42 PM
And they lost Franklin!

Ultimately it might have helped them. No focal point, every option is dangerous. Who do you double team?

I'd love a team try the Terry Wallace mega flood. 10 man defence, just clog it up and don't let any of them have any space to work into. Too hard to go head to head in a traditional sense with such good ball use from defence/midfield and a forward line that utilises inside 50s better than any ever in the history of the game.

jeemak
14-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Sydney on the other hand look completely ineffective going forward and are wasting opportunities.

Both teams are defending the ground really well. Hawthorn once again doing beautifully with the umpires.

Ghost Dog
14-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Tipped the swans.
Sydney are playing a lot like us last week. Over-cooking the hand passing seriously.

1eyedog
14-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Stuff Hurley how do we get Rohan?

jeemak
14-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Gary Rohan is precisely what we need, providing fitness can be maintained.

SlimPickens
14-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Wouldn't mind getting the swans in a tight one at the end of the year!

Ghost Dog
14-07-2016, 10:52 PM
Cyril Rioli defeats Sydney Swans

jeemak
14-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Two tight home games in a row marked as lost for Sydney. They'll be thinking about that.

Rioli proved the 50m line at Sydney isn't really 50m.

The difference was free kicks and disposal efficiency.

bulldogtragic
14-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Sydney mentally weak?

Richmond at MCG when they should've iced it. Ahead of Dogs & Hawks at the SCG. Lost all three. I know journos would query our club with such losses.

azabob
14-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Its a shame Bruce overtime has ruined my ability to appreciate how good Cyril Rioli actually is....

comrade
14-07-2016, 10:57 PM
. I know journos would query our club with such losses.

Journos? Our own fans would be screaming 'loser mentality/curse/culture'!

comrade
14-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Great result for us. Win this week and we put a gap on Sydney.

jeemak
14-07-2016, 11:05 PM
Its a shame Bruce overtime has ruined my ability to appreciate how good Cyril Rioli actually is....

The sickening pervert has done the same thing to me.

jeemak
14-07-2016, 11:06 PM

The ante's been upped!

bornadog
14-07-2016, 11:16 PM

We need a big root for Freo and then Collingwood.

jeemak
14-07-2016, 11:22 PM
Just watching the presser with Clarkson. Nobody actually asks questions. They just make statements to the coach.

bornadog
14-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Just watching the presser with Clarkson. Nobody actually asks questions. They just make statements to the coach.

Scared of the angry ant.

jeemak
14-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Scared of the angry ant.

It's not just him though. They just table ideas and expect to receive a narrative in response. With some decent questioning the information would be a bit better.

Dry Rot
15-07-2016, 02:40 AM
I was at the SCG tonight.

Very exciting. Buddy had an odd game - just a little bit off. Rohan was excellent. Hawks almost to a man are consummate professionals.

Ghost Dog
15-07-2016, 06:47 AM

Yes I thought he was going to burst his bladder. My Dad just puts it on mute.

Ghost Dog
15-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Sydney really need a crumber to help out their tall forwards. But, erm...not against us.
Right so Come on Blues ( to beat Crows ) and hoping we have a big percentage booster against Gold Coast.

Ozza
15-07-2016, 10:37 AM
Sydney's bottom 5 or 6 really get shown up badly at times.

Shaun Burgoyne has been (and continues to be) an amazing footballer. Whenever the hawks are in trouble - they just hit the 'Shaun Burgoyne button' and he changes the game.

Mantis
15-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Sydney really need a crumber to help out their tall forwards. But, erm...not against us.

Isn't that what Papely is offering? (He didn't play against us but has kicked 4 goals over the past 2 games)

As part of this they need to get McGlynn out of the team.. He was horrid last night... Like he was against us.

Mantis
15-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Shaun Burgoyne has been (and continues to be) an amazing footballer. Whenever the hawks are in trouble - they just hit the 'Shaun Burgoyne button' and he changes the game.

Yep, he's a gun.. Did the same against us earlier in the year.

As good as Clarkson is it really is an easy team to coach.

jeemak
15-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Sydney's bottom 5 or 6 really get shown up badly at times.

A Hawks mate of mine was not happy when they recruited him. Thought they'd lost their way and shouldn't have given up pick nine to get him.

He doesn't think that way anymore.

comrade
15-07-2016, 11:12 AM

How did we not defend that kick out down the middle?

Mantis
15-07-2016, 11:15 AM
A Hawks mate of mine was not happy when they recruited him. Thought they'd lost their way and shouldn't have given up pick nine to get him.

He doesn't think that way anymore.

They also gave up Mark Williams who had been a handy player for Hawthorn although he bombed when he left.

Ozza
15-07-2016, 11:22 AM

There is a case to be made, that Shaun Burgoyne's career has been equal to, or even superior to Luke Hodge's....which might seem outrageous.
But over 300 games, 31 finals, 4 x premiership player, 6 time Grand Final player. Only 3 seasons out of a 15 year career, has his team not played finals- and over his career - his team has won 70% of the time.

He has a huge say in helping his team win, and is as 'clutch' a player as there is. If we were 5 goals up in a final against Hawthorn - that would be the time to hard tag Burgoyne, he's at his best when the chips are down. I was at the Hawks/Geelong prelim when they won by 5 points after being up against it all night - Burgoyne just dragged them over the line.

Mantis
15-07-2016, 11:31 AM
He has a huge say in helping his team win, and is as 'clutch' a player as there is. If we were 5 goals up in a final against Hawthorn - that would be the time to hard tag Burgoyne, he's at his best when the chips are down. I was at the Hawks/Geelong prelim when they won by 5 points after being up against it all night - Burgoyne just dragged them over the line.

I prefer my option - knee-cap him. ;)

The Pie Man
15-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Great game last night - Sydney throwing some close games away is a story...but gee I feel Hawthorn are gettable. Teams routinely miss opportunities against them, only to get stung very late. Bodes well for the Hawks that they keep getting home, but maybe there's a final down the road where a 2 goal margin becomes 3 and then 4 instead of 13 & then 14 points and they leave themselves too much to do.

The way the ball got down to Rioli for the game winner, I was just shaking my head. It's been (and remains) an amazing ride for Hawthorn.

comrade
15-07-2016, 12:04 PM
The way the ball got down to Rioli for the game winner, I was just shaking my head. It's been (and remains) an amazing ride for Hawthorn.

It was inevitable that they would conjure one more chance to win. Sydney knew it, yet couldn't do a thing about it.

The kick from Cyril was amazing. Buddy had a similar shot a minute or so earlier and missed everything.

bornadog
15-07-2016, 12:09 PM
Right so Come on Blues ( to beat Crows ) and hoping we have a big percentage booster against Gold Coast.

Be a good effort seeing Crows at home to Pies.:D

How did we not defend that kick out down the middle?

I still can't believe that. How we lost I am still scratching my head

Great game last night - Sydney throwing some close games away is a story...but gee I feel Hawthorn are gettable.

Every team is beatable, GWS won by 75 points early in the year.

jeemak
15-07-2016, 12:16 PM
There is a case to be made, that Shaun Burgoyne's career has been equal to, or even superior to Luke Hodge's....which might seem outrageous.
But over 300 games, 31 finals, 4 x premiership player, 6 time Grand Final player. Only 3 seasons out of a 15 year career, has his team not played finals- and over his career - his team has won 70% of the time.

I wonder if he's as dinky dye a bloke as Hodgy is though, you know, great to just have a beer and chew the fat with?

Seriously, the comparison is a good one and I think he's every bit as influential as you do.

bornadog
15-07-2016, 01:39 PM
I wonder if he's as dinky dye a bloke as Hodgy is though, you know, great to just have a beer and chew the fat with?

Seriously, the comparison is a good one and I think he's every bit as influential as you do.

Whatever happened to his brother? The two of them at Port were incredible players.

The Pie Man
15-07-2016, 02:00 PM
It was inevitable that they would conjure one more chance to win. Sydney knew it, yet couldn't do a thing about it.

The kick from Cyril was amazing. Buddy had a similar shot a minute or so earlier and missed everything.

Yep - I look back to the dropped mark and then push of the ball from (I think) Hannebery towards an unguarded Burgoyne to goal to bring them back to 1 point down. Just can't do that with players of that caliber around the contest.

The Pie Man
15-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Double post - deleted

jeemak
15-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Whatever happened to his brother? The two of them at Port were incredible players.

He's five years older than Shaun, retired in 2009.

Very good player as well. Not quite as good as Shaun.

bornadog
15-07-2016, 02:19 PM
McVeigh was a worry in the last quarter, just banging the ball on his foot to a contest. He did the same in our game.

He needs to steady the ship and find someone to work the ball down the ground.

Swans had their chances but blew it.

Remi Moses
15-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Dean Towers looks a likely prospect, but boy it's heart attack stuff when he has it.
Once again (sadly) hawthorn look the team to beat.
Sydney fluffed their lines missing chances as well.

Ozza
15-07-2016, 04:19 PM

I feel like Burgoyne is part of an 'untapped' sort of player (in terms of big recognition) who make a big contribution towards winning games, but are maybe a bit unfashionable or underrated to be concentrated on.

If we create an era of great footy - I feel like Dahlhaus might be a bit like this. Before we had Bonti and Stringer - Dahlhaus was the media/public darling with the dreadlocks and being a small forward. But these days he's a 2nd or 3rd banana in the midfield, no dreads, he is quite often the forgotten man. I think Dahlhaus has a huge say in us winning football games - maybe not the class of Burgoyne - but just as the bulldogs example, he might be the example.

jeemak
15-07-2016, 04:27 PM
I feel like Burgoyne is part of an 'untapped' sort of player (in terms of big recognition) who make a big contribution towards winning games, but are maybe a bit unfashionable or underrated to be concentrated on.

If we create an era of great footy - I feel like Dahlhaus might be a bit like this. Before we had Bonti and Stringer - Dahlhaus was the media/public darling with the dreadlocks and being a small forward. But these days he's a 2nd or 3rd banana in the midfield, no dreads, he is quite often the forgotten man. I think Dahlhaus has a huge say in us winning football games - maybe not the class of Burgoyne - but just as the bulldogs example, he might be the example.

Or Jack Macrae, who needs to hit the scoreboard more. I suppose that's where Dahl has Jack covered.

Burgoyne has gone at almost a goal a game for his career. That's what the premium midfielders do.

Twodogs
15-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Or Jack Macrae, who needs to hit the scoreboard more. I suppose that's where Dahl has Jack covered.

Burgoyne has gone at almost a goal a game for his career. That's what the premium midfielders do.

Like Libba has been this year.

Bulldog4life
15-07-2016, 09:36 PM
C'mon Freo go you good things

bulldogtragic
15-07-2016, 10:12 PM
When will we get a player like Dangerfield where rules don't apply to him, like out of bounds?

That was two foot out further than Picken's against Geelong. Hard not to think there's umpire manipulation when the umpire was two metres away with no vision impediment...

Bulldog4life
15-07-2016, 10:20 PM
We have all heard this in the crowd but kick it long Freo. Geelong have scored from Freo's mistakes kicking across the ground. You are not skilled enough to do it. Kick it LONG like Pav did in the 2nd quarter which resulted in a goal

jeemak
15-07-2016, 10:23 PM
It looked well and truly OOB.

From the reverse angle it looked as if the umpire was player watching and not line watching, but perhaps that's a little harsh.

bulldogtragic
15-07-2016, 11:24 PM
Man I'd love Stephen Hill.

bulldogtragic
15-07-2016, 11:43 PM
That overrule on the deliberate paid is outrageous. They umpire to whatever Dangerfield says, he paid it and nothing happened other than him remonstrating. There's rub of the green, and then boarder line cheating.

1eyedog
15-07-2016, 11:50 PM
That overrule on the deliberate paid is outrageous. They umpire to whatever Dangerfield says, he paid it and nothing happened other than him remonstrating. There's rub of the green, and then boarder line cheating.

It's borderline match fixing is what it is!

bulldogtragic
15-07-2016, 11:55 PM

And earlier central umpire Margets overturned an on the full by the boundary umpire only metres away, despite being on the wrong side of the play and miles away. The staged boundary line meetings to overturn Freo getting the ball looked staged to justify it as there was clearly no justification for either overturned decision denying Freo getting the ball... Those and the non OOB when Damgerfield kicked the key goal in the second also makes me feel like some people had money on the result...

bulldogtragic
16-07-2016, 12:00 AM
This is an NBA referee talking about his colleagues, big name players, owners, game moments and how you can predict winners based on who is officiating matches:

https://youtu.be/oOjPbBlH6vQ

Remi Moses
16-07-2016, 12:33 AM
Unconvincing from Geelong with the massive reliance on Danger and Selwood
Stephen Hill was excellent, and Freo's non existent forward line helped Geelong .
I guess it's getting the W's this time of the year

1eyedog
16-07-2016, 12:53 AM
That other Dangerfield free off the ball was also ridiculous you see that sort of thing over and over again.

Go_Dogs
16-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Couple of cracking games to start the round. Was lamenting last night that we didn't have a Carlton v Richmond blockbuster, but oh well.

The commentary around Shaun Burgoyne is very interesting. Watched a lot of him at Port when he was a young footballer and he could do it all - fast paced midfielder who could weave through congestion with ease and had sublime skills, dangerous as a forward where he spent a lot of time and could kick a number of goals in a game and of course, deadly off half back.

Considering he could hardly run when he left Port with how shot his knees were from carrying their midfield over a period once some of their 2004 premiership players retired, he's had an incredibly consistent career.

He's one of the best players I've seen, hands down, and I think history will remember him that way, in time.

Twodogs
16-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Still can't believe we let him get away with a Hail Mary into the forward line like that in the last 20 seconds of the match. Like good luck to him and all but FFS how many times is a player going to get away with that? You might see it in person once in a lifetime?

Great player though.

Rocket Science
16-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Admittedly only quarter time but Port have reeled off six goals to zip over Norfff ...

Enjoying the ride.

Bulldog4life
16-07-2016, 06:27 PM
It must be the most glorious sound in the entire world. North Melbourne supporters constantly booing the umpires. It is so beautiful

aker39
16-07-2016, 06:30 PM

It had nothing to do with Dangerfield remonstrating. The rule is clear that it can't be DOB if another player touches the ball before it goes OOB. The fielder umpire was just checking with the boundary to confirm whether it was touched before or over the line.

The boundary umpire made a mistake. Nothing more, nothing less.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2016, 06:59 PM
It had nothing to do with Dangerfield remonstrating. The rule is clear that it can't be DOB if another player touches the ball before it goes OOB. The fielder umpire was just checking with the boundary to confirm whether it was touched before or over the line.

The boundary umpire made a mistake. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not sure how he could though. He was right there only metres away, and it wasn't even a line ball call. But alas, happier news, go Port Adelaide!! North the team everyone suspected now. I wonder if they will ever properly rebuild under Scott's 30 year tenure?

GVGjr
16-07-2016, 07:33 PM
North look down and out. It's a convincing score line which opens the gate just a bit for a few teams.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2016, 08:08 PM
North's lasted five games: L, L, L, L, L

They look like a team of old men passed their prime at the moment.

GVGjr
16-07-2016, 08:11 PM

They join Essendon and Brisbane with the same results over the last 5 weeks.

It's hard to work out exactly why they have dropped off so alarmingly.

whythelongface
16-07-2016, 08:24 PM

Norf's immediate future looks bleak. Their strategy has backfired and they have misread their list as having enough quality to pinch a flag.

1eyedog
16-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Go Pies!

Twodogs
16-07-2016, 11:12 PM
They join Essendon and Brisbane with the same results over the last 5 weeks.

It's hard to work out exactly why they have dropped off so alarmingly.

North supporters will say injuries but I think they have just been found out.

Remi Moses
17-07-2016, 03:18 AM
Norf were atrocious early and that's when the game was on.
Port played a fast game, and Norf couldn't keep up .
Injuries are hurting them, but we've also had injuries, and as have others

ledge
17-07-2016, 09:13 AM
GC have a legitimate claim to injury list but I think most other clubs have a few so can't really claim that. Especially when you lose so badly.
Nth were never in it and haven't looked a top 8 side in weeks.
Could be a record, only side to win their first ten and not make finals.

LostDoggy
17-07-2016, 09:55 AM
North supporters will say injuries but I think they have just been found out.

True. Injuries tend to bite later in the season with so may aging players on the list also.

Sedat
17-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Brad Scott continues to bash his core group of senior players into the ground and there's nothing coming through as a result. Guys like Goldy and Cunnington are clearly hampered by injury but Scott keeps flogging them and not trusting his youth. A plodder like Sam Gibson has not missed a game since his debut and yet a jet like Mason Wood only starts getting regular game time this year. Premierships are won by your best 30 players minimum, not your best 22 - depth in your list is fundamental to keeping the best players fresh and ensuring an injury glut can be adequately covered in a crisis.

lemmon
17-07-2016, 11:40 AM
It does make me think we should have been better against them early in the season, we were their first test for the year and they did a job on us defensively.

hujsh
17-07-2016, 07:01 PM
It does make me think we should have been better against them early in the season, we were their first test for the year and they did a job on us defensively.

They were fit and in form and we were trying to adjust to the injuries we'd just got. Should even the score next time.

In other news Melbourne are a complete joke.

bulldogtragic
17-07-2016, 07:03 PM
They were fit and in form and we were trying to adjust to the injuries we'd just got. Should even the score next time.

In other news Melbourne are a complete joke.

Due to finish 13th. Paul Ross, their Mastermind.

ledge
17-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Brisbane .. Somethings got to happen and I'm guessing as early as this week. They are a disgrace and I don't think it's the list it's the whole administration, from development to attraction to the club to the coach.
About the game who saw the juggled mark by the GWS player .. Is that a mark because it hit his foot so technically he kicked it to himself and it only traveled half a metre.

Remi Moses
17-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Brisbane are just a complete train wreck . We all know how that feels, and will mean Leppa is done .
GWS love this forward running witches hat games .
Melbourne have to be beating Stkilda, and wonder if Roos will blame the a) the fans or b) previous coaching

bulldogtragic
17-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Rockliff with 34 touches and two goals. Brisbane should just give him the reported $800,000 a year he wants...

Bulldog4life
18-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Brisbane .. Somethings got to happen and I'm guessing as early as this week. They are a disgrace and I don't think it's the list it's the whole administration, from development to attraction to the club to the coach.
About the game who saw the juggled mark by the GWS player .. Is that a mark because it hit his foot so technically he kicked it to himself and it only traveled half a metre.

I remember a similar situation happened to Steve Wallis at the Whitten Oval. He slipped when he was marking it and he ended up on his back. As he was juggling it the ball hit his foot flew into the air then he marked it all in one go. It was awarded a mark.

Ozza
18-07-2016, 03:02 PM
St.Kilda have beaten the dees 14 times in a row...

bornadog
18-07-2016, 03:05 PM
he has the full backing of the board

G-Mo77
18-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Rockliff with 34 touches and two goals. Brisbane should just give him the reported $800,000 a year he wants...

Not sure about that. I think his attitude stinks, sure he can play but he's not the kind of player I'd be building a team behind.

Brisbane just have to start off fresh.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2016, 03:23 PM
Not sure about that. I think his attitude stinks, sure he can play but he's not the kind of player I'd be building a team behind.

Brisbane just have to start off fresh.

They seem to be starting off a fresh every couple of years for I don't know how long.

G-Mo77
18-07-2016, 03:36 PM
They seem to be starting off a fresh every couple of years for I don't know how long.

Not really. They continuously bring in players from other club, not good ones, average. Robinson, Bell, Bastinac, West, Walker and this has happened for years.

I'd trade Rockcliff. Try and get something over 2 drafts for him like GWS did with Collingwood. Let whoever doesn't want to be there go via trade or just walk and bring in players who want to play for the club. Green and Taylor are nobodies so let them go elsewhere. Right now it's a horrible environment for younger players and they need to repair that.

While Adcock hasn't done a lot for us it was a horrible move to delist a Lions great who, from what I've been told has a terrific attitude. He would have been perfect for them right now.

They'll get out of this hole. As Bulldog supporters we should know how things can turn around. We did it quickly and if the Lions draft well they can as well.

comrade
18-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Feels like they need to stop relying on club champion types (Voss, Leppa, Matthews) and bring in non-Brisbane people to objectively assess the situation and make tough decisions. One of them should be moving Rockliff on if they can secure a really juicy deal for him. 2 first rounders etc. Nail the draft, build a culture around the young blokes and let them grow together. Add to the mix with free agents - don't trade in hacks and fringe types like Bastinac, Bell and Walker. Anyone could see those players were going to add nothing to their squad.

bulldogtragic
18-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Feels like they need to stop relying on club champion types (Voss, Leppa, Matthews) and bring in non-Brisbane people to objectively assess the situation and make tough decisions. One of them should be moving Rockliff on if they can secure a really juicy deal for him. 2 first rounders etc. Nail the draft, build a culture around the young blokes and let them grow together. Add to the mix with free agents - don't trade in hacks and fringe types like Bastinac, Bell and Walker. Anyone could see those players were going to add nothing to their squad.

Shhhh. Jong for their pick 19. Honeychurch for McStay. Martin for Minson. That's the building blocks to good young hard at it leaders, and their future.

boydogs
19-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Brisbane would improve overnight with a new coach. Players like Rockliff & Martin should be AA but are poorly utilised, they both spend way too much time forward. They have a lot of young talls not delivering much right now but they've already got the spine of their next finals team. Can see them doing a Carlton next year with a Brendan Bolton type

westdog54
19-07-2016, 12:45 AM
Brisbane would improve overnight with a new coach. Players like Rockliff & Martin should be AA but are poorly utilised, they both spend way too much time forward. They have a lot of young talls not delivering much right now but they've already got the spine of their next finals team. Can see them doing a Carlton next year with a Brendan Bolton type

Is there a 'Brendan Bolton type' available, though? Bolton's credentials were outstanding even before his run as acting coach at Hawthorn.

Then again, so were Beveridge's and he was largely unheralded when we appointed him.

Whoever it is it needs to be someone with no previous links to Brisbane.

LostDoggy
19-07-2016, 01:09 AM
Not really. They continuously bring in players from other club, not good ones, average. Robinson, Bell, Bastinac, West, Walker and this has happened for years.

I'd trade Rockcliff. Try and get something over 2 drafts for him like GWS did with Collingwood. Let whoever doesn't want to be there go via trade or just walk and bring in players who want to play for the club. Green and Taylor are nobodies so let them go elsewhere. Right now it's a horrible environment for younger players and they need to repair that.

While Adcock hasn't done a lot for us it was a horrible move to delist a Lions great who, from what I've been told has a terrific attitude. He would have been perfect for them right now.

They'll get out of this hole. As Bulldog supporters we should know how things can turn around. We did it quickly and if the Lions draft well they can as well.

Agree with this. They have a very good list of developing young talls which is probably the hardest part of a list build. With some strong leadership, they'll be competitive quickly.

jeemak
19-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Paul Roos would be the ideal candidate to help them achieve a mediocre result in three short years. He's free soon.

Jokes aside, they need to land a seriously experienced coach and a few high quality assistant coaches from two or three different clubs to bring some diversity to the club. If Brett Ratten was up for the job emotionally he'd be a consideration for the top role in my view.

strebla
19-07-2016, 09:29 PM
I was thinking Ratten but maybe someone like a Rohan Smith get him to pick his team and build from there.