PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 18 2016 vs St. Kilda

Eastdog
14-07-2016, 08:56 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 18 2016 match against St. Kilda at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
16-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Bump. Don't forget Libba

Rocco Jones
16-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Hard to tell with injuries.

Libba should come in.

Stringer looks like he might be out. Gotta be smart and look after him long term. Clay Smith talked about getting on the bike at half time, he might pull up sore.

If Stringer and Clay Smith are out, it will be interesting to see who we bring in. The two next in line are Honeychurch and Webb but both are primarily inside mids, as is Libba. It could be an opportunity to bring in Hamling.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2016, 11:05 PM
Dahl, Hrovat, Mclean, Williams & Adams still injured.

In: Libba
Out: Dunkley

Rocco Jones
16-07-2016, 11:10 PM
Dahl, Hrovat, Mclean, Williams & Adams still injured.

Out: Dunkley

Josh Dunkley's game...
27 disposals @ 85% efficiency
7 marks
4 tackles

It would be as harsh as it gets to drop him after his first game back with that performance.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2016, 11:13 PM
Josh Dunkley's game...
27 disposals @ 85% efficiency
7 marks
4 tackles

It would be as harsh as it gets to drop him after his first game back with that performance.

Libba comes back, that's the no brainer. It was between Dunks & Jong for me for omission. Very easily go the other way too.

Rocco Jones
16-07-2016, 11:19 PM
Libba comes back, that's the no brainer. It was between Dunks & Jong for me for omission. Very easily go the other way too.

Stringer might miss, Clay a chance too.

If they are both right, I would go with Jong out. Harsh on him too.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2016, 11:22 PM

Isn't it great weighing up harsh calls? As opposed, to naming Austin, Young &/or Markovic from week to week.

Rocco Jones
16-07-2016, 11:23 PM
Isn't it great weighing up harsh calls? As opposed, to naming Austin, Young &/or Markovic from week to week.

Yep! Imagine if we ever get to field a 22 that's near full strength.

jeemak
16-07-2016, 11:26 PM
Happy enough fro Stringer to take a rest. He's clearly hurt and didn't perform well tonight in any sense so a rest might be in order.

GVGjr
16-07-2016, 11:27 PM

If Stringer was to play can Redpath hold his spot?

Hotdog60
16-07-2016, 11:29 PM
I think Bevo wants to try the two talls for a few weeks was the impression I got from the interview before the game.

Out Stringer
In Libba

Rocco Jones
16-07-2016, 11:33 PM
If Stringer was to play can Redpath hold his spot?

I don't get the pressure on Redpath holding his spot. We have been playing too many inside mids and need forward targets. Before tonight, he averaged more goals, more contested marks and more inside 50 marks than any other Bulldog.

Tonight he had 8 marks, 5 inside 50. He also had 8 score involvements, one of the highest in the game.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2016, 11:39 PM
I like having two big forwards, and our assortment of other options. I hope it continues to work. The only forward struggling would be Dicko I reckon.

Rocco Jones
16-07-2016, 11:44 PM
I like having two big forwards, and our assortment of other options. I hope it continues to work. The only forward struggling would be Dicko I reckon.

As long as they are decent, it is much better to go with a permanent tall forward + 2nd ruck who is primarily a forward.

So far this season, Redpath stats wise looks like:
- Just over 2 goals a game= 45-50 goals a year: TICK
- Averaging a tick under 2 contested marks a game, best at the Bulldogs: TICK
- Near elite inside 50 marks, top handful in league: MASSIVE TICK

Tom Boyd is our only real 2nd ruck option IMO. Much better for our structure than playing 2 ruckmen.

Webby
16-07-2016, 11:50 PM
I don't get the pressure on Redpath holding his spot. We have been playing too many inside mids and need forward targets. Before tonight, he averaged more goals, more contested marks and more inside 50 marks than any other Bulldog.

Tonight he had 8 marks, 5 inside 50. He also had 8 score involvements, one of the highest in the game.

Agree. Surely there is no pressure.

Where we're deficient is in tall backmen.... Thus the big play for a certain Essendon backman whose surname starts with the letter "H"... That happens and the Geelongs of the world can join the queue.... They're the only team that's out matched us this year.. We were two talls short against them. A tall forward (T Boyd... Check) and a big backman. Add that tall backman plus a certain Crammeri and a certain gun in no. 2, and we're a premiership favourite....

C'mon Dogs admin, make it happen... It's time..! Let's aim for a dynasty and settle for that flag.... At worst! Overreach for once!

Michael Hurley, wanna be a bloke who becomes a legend who's part of something, or just another guy who had a decent career and made okay money, or a bloke who is talked about in 100 years from now?... Someone who never has to buy his own beer for the rest of his life!!

GVGjr
17-07-2016, 12:16 AM

It's his drop off with his kicking late in games that concerns me. His work rate and endeavour are fine but if he is missing goals it raises some questions to me. Our midfield was dominate so it provided the forwards with plenty of opportunities.

Bulldog4life
17-07-2016, 12:24 AM
It's his drop off with his kicking late in games that concerns me. His work rate and endeavour are fine but if he is missing goals it raises some questions to me. Our midfield was dominate so it provided the forwards with plenty of opportunities.

The commentators said the wind in the last was the strongest of the night. We were kicking into it. Could be a reason tonight.

boydogs
17-07-2016, 12:39 AM
Posters are talking about Stringer like he might be touch & go for next week

An AC injury could mean 4-6 weeks out

Bulldog4life
17-07-2016, 12:46 AM
Posters are talking about Stringer like he might be touch & go for next week

An AC injury could mean 4-6 weeks out

Bevo said he might even play next week. Having xray on Monday. There are different grades for an ac and the docs don't think it is too serious.

westbulldog
17-07-2016, 01:45 AM
If Stringer misses, Dickson is lucky to be retained imo.
Libba hopefully in.

The bulldog tragician
17-07-2016, 02:52 AM
Dickson's form slump is becoming a real concern. He's even losing his famous accuracy. I'd drop him for Libber though if Jake is out he might hold his spot.

Mantis
17-07-2016, 07:36 AM
The commentators said the wind in the last was the strongest of the night. We were kicking into it. Could be a reason tonight.

Wind just amplifies poor kicking techniques. If you have a left to right breeze it's probably worth aiming left goal post, not right.

Let's hope it's not windy in the finals.

Hotdog60
17-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Dickson isn't hitting the scoreboard like he was but he isn't playing the same role he was either.
It looks as though he is covering the Crameri role but maybe he doesn't have the tank Stewart has and fatigue might be playing into his game. His pressure acts are still up there I would have thought and who would replace him? Webb or HC, I can't see them scoring any more goals from the time they have been in.
When Crameri comes back in we may see the Dicko of last year.

LostDoggy
17-07-2016, 09:34 AM
I can see a few being freshened this week. Stringer, Morris, Daniel, MBoyd all look candidates.

Libba coms straight in, while Webb, HC and Collins all are worthy of anther chance.

Bulldog Joe
17-07-2016, 09:56 AM
I can see a few being freshened this week. Stringer, Morris, Daniel, MBoyd all look candidates.

Libba coms straight in, while Webb, HC and Collins all are worthy of anther chance.

Lets not flirt with form. We cannot afford to drop a game.

LostDoggy
17-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Lets not flirt with form. We cannot afford to drop a game.

But if players genuinely need a rest, it's better giving them a week. In the long run, we need our strongest possible team come finals time.

1eyedog
17-07-2016, 10:05 AM
But if players genuinely need a rest, it's better giving them a week. In the long run, we need our strongest possible team come finals time.

They all had a week off two weeks ago and will all get a week off prior to finals.

LostDoggy
17-07-2016, 10:19 AM
They all had a week off two weeks ago and will all get a week off prior to finals.

Exactly! Have a light week on the track if individually necessary, perhaps goal kicking practice.

GVGjr
17-07-2016, 10:45 AM
In Liberatore and Hamling
Out Stringer and Dickson

I've struggled with the logic of taking out Dickson given I've also assumed Stringer will be given a spell to recover but I think Dickson might need a spell at Footscray to regain his touch.

I'm backing that guys like Wallis, Stevens and Smith can keep the scoreboard ticking over against the Saints.
If Hamling gets through today OK I think we need to give him chance.

kruder
17-07-2016, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't be resting players against Stkilda with the top 4 at stake their best is very good. With Essendon and the bye to come it's full steam ahead for mine

Rocco Jones
17-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Definitely wouldn't be resting players vs Saints just for the point of resting them. Treat it like any other game, if they are too sore and another player would be more valuable to the team, sure.

On Dickson. He sure is struggling. Thing is with Stringer missing, it would mean two forwards going out. Libba is set to come back meaning reduced midfield minutes for Jong/Dunkley meaning more time for them forward. I would give Dickson one more game. Hopefully we will have Stringer and Dahl back next week meaning we can drop Dickson and still have team balance.

comrade
17-07-2016, 12:38 PM
I think we have to keep Dickson in. His kicking is off but had he kicked straight he would have impacted the score board and let's not forget, it was his good work trapping an errant pass that set up one of Koby's goals (I think).

We're so light on for forward craft we'd be nuts to drop Dickson if Stringer misses.

boydogs
17-07-2016, 01:00 PM
His kicking is off but had he kicked straight he would have impacted the score board and let's not forget, it was his good work trapping an errant pass that set up one of Koby's goals (I think).

Yep. It was a good pass but the wind got hold of it. Dickson sprinted past two other players who had given up on it and trapped the ball a metre inside the line after meeting it at full speed. Dunkley also did well in that play attacking the tackler to be able to get his hands free and dish off

Dickson is quite short for a marking forward at 182cm, he usually plays on someone taller so has to rely on his speed to get separation and then good delivery to get his marks

F'scary
17-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Resting players in matches against sides well down the ladder is a dangerous practice. It also undermines the mantra that we must constantly strive to be our best. I would prefer we don't engage in it.

Rocco Jones
17-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Resting players in matches against sides well down the ladder is a dangerous practice. It also undermines the mantra that we must constantly strive to be our best. I would prefer we don't engage in it.

I think you can be logical in resting players. However, we had a few out with injury as it is and the Saints at Etihad is too dangerous to risk it. The comp is too even for it.

F'scary
17-07-2016, 01:17 PM
I think you can be logical in resting players. However, we had a few out with injury as it is and the Saints at Etihad is too dangerous to risk it. The comp is too even for it.

If it is a genuine case of "general soreness," I'm fine with that. It is the out and out preservation of players for big matches that worries me. I don't think the players would like it either.

lemmon
17-07-2016, 01:19 PM
I'd be considering Bailey Dale if Stringer misses this week. It's not like for like but he's probably all that's left at VFL level that has the ability to hit the scoreboard and sneak a couple of goals. It means Jong misses for Libba.

Dickson wasn't great but had 17 disposals and had 1.2. Last year that's 3 goals to go with 17 disposals and a pretty solid game. I think he gets another week on the same principle that we need to be more dangerous up front without Stringer.

Out: Stringer, Jong
In: Dale, Libba

We've got Essendon and Freo in Rounds 22 and 23, we can rest then. This game is very much live.

Rocco Jones
17-07-2016, 01:21 PM
If it is a genuine case of "general soreness," I'm fine with that. It is the out and out preservation of players for big matches that worries me. I don't think the players would like it either.

Yeah, I don't think it will be an issue this season. The top 8 is so close no team can afford to drop a game. If we drop the small games, there won't be real big games for us to play in. There is also a week off before the finals. If we are going to genuinely 'rest' a couple of players, it will be against Essendon to freshen up for the Freo trip. I would only consider that if we most of the injured guys back.

Rocco Jones
17-07-2016, 04:05 PM
I wonder if we will toy with the idea of bringing in Zaine Cordy. Liked his game in the VFL today, especially when it got tight. I think he will suit our team defence with his ability to get a spoil running against the flight of the ball.

Fletcher Roberts is the opposite, more old school. I think he gets a bit lost in our bubble/team defence web, what David King is calling it this week. He does offer a big body though against the power forwards.

Mofra
17-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Out Stringer, in Libba.
Clay & Wallis look good forward, we can cover him with rotations

Remi Moses
17-07-2016, 05:06 PM
No resting players . They've got two byes
Play our best side

Nuggety Back Pocket
17-07-2016, 05:10 PM
I wonder if we will toy with the idea of bringing in Zaine Cordy. Liked his game in the VFL today, especially when it got tight. I think he will suit our team defence with his ability to get a spoil running against the flight of the ball.

Fletcher Roberts is the opposite, more old school. I think he gets a bit lost in our bubble/team defence web, what David King is calling it this week. He does offer a big body though against the power forwards.
Cordy did look good today and would provide added height to our defence. I wouldn't mind seeing Suckling released to go forward as a replacement for Stringer. Stringer for most of the season has been disappointing and could do with missing a couple of weeks in an attempt to freshen him up for the finals.

MrMahatma
17-07-2016, 09:19 PM
I'm in the camp (possibly alone) thinking that the Saints beat the cats a couple of weeks back and always match up well against us. Best 22 for sure.

Out: Stringer

We need more outside run though...

bulldogtragic
17-07-2016, 09:21 PM
I'm in the camp (possibly alone) thinking that the Saints beat the cats a couple of weeks back and always match up well against us. Best 22 for sure.

We need more outside run though...

Agree on the saints, they looked alright for periods today too.

kruder
17-07-2016, 09:29 PM
In Libba Dale
Out Stringer Dunkley

Dunkley is obviously unlucky but we are just too long his type and Stevens and Jong are ahead of him for mine. I was hoping Dale could get into form as we are crying out for some outside/kicking skills for better team balance. Their is more upside for the side if Dale can have a breakout game than Dunkley at this stage.

bornadog
17-07-2016, 09:43 PM
In Libba Dale
Out Stringer Dunkley

Dunkley is obviously unlucky but we are just too long his type and Stevens and Jong are ahead of him for mine. I was hoping Dale could get into form as we are crying out for some outside/kicking skills for better team balance. Their is more upside for the side if Dale can have a breakout game than Dunkley at this stage.

I can't see Bevo dropping Dunkley.

boydogs
17-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Dunkley is obviously unlucky but we are just too long his type

We've still got Dahlhaus out

1eyedog
17-07-2016, 10:15 PM
In Libba Dale
Out Stringer Dunkley

Dale has been spraying them all year. No chance Dunks will be dropped.

bulldogtragic
17-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Dale has been spraying them all year. No chance Dunks will be dropped.

A part from 4 goals & BOG today.

1eyedog
17-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Ta BT wasn't able to follow it today.

ledge
17-07-2016, 11:58 PM
No way will Dunkley go he was everywhere on Saturday night, will libber come back in ? And if stringer misses could hamling be the surprise up forward, he has jump and it gives him licence to mark and not spoil all the time .. He took a great pack mark today in the reserves up forward and is also ok with a ground ball.

Mantis
18-07-2016, 08:59 AM

I heard recently that over 'X' amount of time St.Kilda have played 40 Saturday night games at Etihad.

Their record is 35-1-4.

always right
18-07-2016, 09:15 AM
In Libba
Out Stringer

Also got a strange feeling Cordy might be an in this week. Based on nothing but gut feel.

bulldogsthru&thru
18-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Saints got Dees coming off Darwin and now us coming off Cairns. Their high pressure game will be perfect for us this week. We need the best side out there, but the freshest side out there. I don't think the players should be that fatigued with the bye not that long ago. Anyone up in Cairns? Was it that warm?

This game will be won/lost in the midfield. We need to shut down Steven as he is their life in the middle.

Mofra
18-07-2016, 10:04 AM
In Libba Dale
Out Stringer Dunkley
I don't think "type" is as important when selecting a side, especially when we're talking about players who can play multiple roles.

Dunkley had 27 touches, took 7 marks and laid 4 tackles with 3 inside 50s. That's outstanding for a first year player and he deserves his spot.

bornadog
18-07-2016, 10:12 AM
I heard recently that over 'X' amount of time St.Kilda have played 40 Saturday night games at Etihad.

Their record is 35-1-4.

In all games at Etihad for the past two seasons, they have won 10 and lost 11. We have won 17 lost 5. Other than the poor effort v Geelong, the other 4 losses have been within 3 goals.

comrade
18-07-2016, 10:30 AM

Their record is 35-1-4.

35 wins and 4 losses?

2 of those 4 have been to us in the last 12 months.

LostDoggy
18-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Libba for Stringer. Maybe Dale for Jong.

kruder
18-07-2016, 03:03 PM
I don't think "type" is as important when selecting a side, especially when we're talking about players who can play multiple roles.

Dunkley had 27 touches, took 7 marks and laid 4 tackles with 3 inside 50s. That's outstanding for a first year player and he deserves his spot.

I do. If we go into September with so many inside mids that lack polish you can predict the headlines already. The bulldogs dominated the stats but failed to convert opportunities.

For what its worth Jong only had 19 but I thought he was more effective with his speed creating nice opportunities.

Mofra
18-07-2016, 03:59 PM
I do. If we go into September with so many inside mids that lack polish you can predict the headlines already. The bulldogs dominated the stats but failed to convert opportunities.

For what its worth Jong only had 19 but I thought he was more effective with his speed creating nice opportunities.
Dunkley didn't have many howlers that I can recall, seemed to use the ball well.
Dropping a kid who just played well, his best game for the club, who has shown he can get off the chain and mark the ball forward as well, not sure I can agree.

LostDoggy
18-07-2016, 05:57 PM
In-Libba
Out-Stringer

bornadog
18-07-2016, 06:22 PM
In-Libba
Out-Stringer

I think they will be the only changes.

SlimPickens
18-07-2016, 07:37 PM
In-Libba
Out-Stringer

Agree, Dunkley to play a bit closer to goal.

boydogs
19-07-2016, 12:28 AM
Anyone up in Cairns? Was it that warm?

Nah mate, 21.6 degrees at kickoff

We took the foot off the pedal in the second half, we should be fine

Ozza
19-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Nah mate, 21.6 degrees at kickoff

We took the foot off the pedal in the second half, we should be fine

21.6 is pretty warm when you're playing footy!

bornadog
19-07-2016, 04:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cns_meYVYAAyVcF.jpg

* Jake has been playing multiple roles, so we'll look to get an even contribution of scoring.

* There's no doubt he makes something out of nothing, but it's a chance for others to step up.

* Libba should be fine this weekend. The risk last week was the plane.

* Both Luke Dahlhaus and Toby McLean are due back in round 19

* We're looking for a consistent four quarter effort this week. The boys feel like they dropped the ball a bit against the Suns.

* We'd love to be in the top four and get the second chance but we won't be looking beyond the Saints.

* We were disappointed to lose Tom Campbell for a while. We hope to get him back sometime before the end of the season.

* The Cairns community really embraced our boys and our Club.

comrade
19-07-2016, 04:54 PM
So Libba plays this week it seems. Huge in.

Looking forward to getting Dahl and McLean back. We're instantly 2-3 goals better off with those two in the team.

Ghost Dog
19-07-2016, 05:11 PM

* Jake has been playing multiple roles, so we'll look to get an even contribution of scoring.

* There's no doubt he makes something out of nothing, but it's a chance for others to step up.

* We're looking for a consistent four quarter effort this week. The boys feel like they dropped the ball a bit against the Suns.

* We'd love to be in the top four and get the second chance but we won't be looking beyond the Saints.

* We were disappointed to lose Tom Campbell for a while. We hope to get him back sometime before the end of the season.

Thanks for the summary B.a.D.

bornadog
19-07-2016, 05:16 PM
So Libba plays this week it seems. Huge in.

Looking forward to getting Dahl and McLean back. We're instantly 2-3 goals better off with those two in the team.

Do you think they will both come straight in? I doubt McLean will, being so young.

comrade
19-07-2016, 05:18 PM
We lost last year after coming back from Cairns but it was against the Cats in Geelong.

We also had to spend all our petrol tickets overtaking GC in the last. Fair to say this year we pulled in the reigns about 5 minutes into the 3rd with a bit of self preservation in mind.

Don't think it will be a significant factor but I am nervous. Usually pretty optimistic but we've got a few things going against us that has me worried.

bulldogsthru&thru
19-07-2016, 05:28 PM
We lost last year after coming back from Cairns but it was against the Cats in Geelong.

We also had to spend all our petrol tickets overtaking GC in the last. Fair to say this year we pulled in the reigns about 5 minutes into the 3rd with a bit of self preservation in mind.

Don't think it will be a significant factor but I am nervous. Usually pretty optimistic but we've got a few things going against us that has me worried.
I've been thinking of this a bit too. But a team striving for the premiership can't really use that as an excuse to not beat a team in 10th. They're on 1 less day break as well. Our injuries hurt for sure

Ozza
19-07-2016, 05:42 PM
We crushed St.Kilda earlier this year - they just couldn't play the way they wanted to under the heat we applied.

I would expect we will comfortably handle them.

They only played Melbourne last week - they are allergic to the Docklands.

LostDoggy
19-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Do you think they will both come straight in? I doubt McLean will, being so young.

If Libba is any where near 100% he has to come straight in. Maclean probably not, a week in the VFL.

Ozza
19-07-2016, 05:44 PM
If Libba is any where near 100% he has to come straight in. Maclean probably not, a week in the VFL.

I think he meant DAHLHAUS and McLean....Dahl having been out for 5-6 by then.

comrade
19-07-2016, 05:48 PM

Dahl feels like one who could come in and be ok. McLean probably needs a week at Footscray but who really knows.

Both will be back soon enough and are critical to our finals run.

bornadog
19-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Dahl feels like one who could come in and be ok. McLean probably needs a week at Footscray but who really knows.

Both will be back soon enough and are critical to our finals run.

You know we have practically had an injury a week this season.

comrade
19-07-2016, 06:00 PM
You know we have practically had an injury a week this season.

Yep, ridiculous. Yet teams like Adelaide, Geelong and GWS have been relatively blessed.

Time for some luck.

LostDoggy
19-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Yep, ridiculous. Yet teams like Adelaide, Geelong and GWS have been relatively blessed.

Time for some luck.

Wouldn't at all be suprised come the finals that our luck with injuries turn around and the other teams all start falling over like nine pins.
Ala Steve Bradbury. ;)

LostDoggy
19-07-2016, 06:44 PM

Great work BAD.
Appreciate all the effort you put into Bevo's presser breakdown.

Eastdog
19-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Thanks BAD for that update.

bornadog
19-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Great work BAD.
Appreciate all the effort you put into Bevo's presser breakdown.

Comes from Twitter :o

chef
19-07-2016, 07:29 PM
Comes from Twitter :o

But you posted it here, so you deserve all the credit:)

Remi Moses
20-07-2016, 03:16 AM

I think we were in a bit of a rut during that period .
I'd be worried if we were playing West Footscray to be honest .

Bulldog4life
20-07-2016, 09:39 AM
One change for me Libba for Strings. Let our 2 big key forwards do the damage. C'mon Tommy & Jack.

LostDoggy
20-07-2016, 06:23 PM
I think he meant DAHLHAUS and McLean....Dahl having been out for 5-6 by then.

Whoops, Dahl has been out for a while, may need a run but JJ is a good example of a key player coming Straight in after a longer lay off.

Happy Days
21-07-2016, 03:19 PM
I think this is the week one of Redpath or The Boss gets off the chain. St Kilda are weak and thin for tall defenders down back, and have given up big bags to several key forwards; 7.1 to Hogan, 7.3 to Jenkins, 5.0 to Kennedy (not to mention 6 to Le Cras in the same game) and Cameron, 4.2 to MITCH BROWN, and 3 to pretty much everyone else (including 3.1 to noted worst player of all time Boyd in Round 2). Even if the bags aren't there, the shots at goal generally are; Tom Lynch with 1.4, Dixon with 3.3, Daniher with 2.3, and so on.

I just really REALLY hope it's Boyd that benefits.

SlimPickens
21-07-2016, 04:19 PM
I think this is the week one of Redpath or The Boss gets off the chain. St Kilda are weak and thin for tall defenders down back, and have given up big bags to several key forwards; 7.1 to Hogan, 7.3 to Jenkins, 5.0 to Kennedy (not to mention 6 to Le Cras in the same game) and Cameron, 4.2 to MITCH BROWN, and 3 to pretty much everyone else (including 3.1 to noted worst player of all time Boyd in Round 2). Even if the bags aren't there, the shots at goal generally are; Tom Lynch with 1.4, Dixon with 3.3, Daniher with 2.3, and so on.

I just really REALLY hope it's Boyd that benefits.

I'm not fussed

comrade
21-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Libba for Stringer.

F'scary
21-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Libba in for Stringer, only change. Haven't seen the Saints line up yet.

Eastdog
21-07-2016, 08:05 PM
As expected pretty much. Libba ready to go.

LostDoggy
21-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Libba in for Stringer, only change. Haven't seen the Saints line up yet.

Savage in,
Michington out F'scray.

LostDoggy
21-07-2016, 08:17 PM
As expected pretty much. Libba ready to go.

Geez Bevo that's to predictable and boring.;)

Eastdog
21-07-2016, 08:30 PM

Yeah usually the fewer changes the better but when you have injuries to key personnel changes will happen even when you are doing well.

bulldogtragic
21-07-2016, 08:49 PM

True story. Bevo actually selected Goetz. Chris Grant had to break yesterday's news to Bevo.

bornadog
21-07-2016, 10:58 PM

He might pull a late change:D

Eastdog
21-07-2016, 10:59 PM

That is a good chance. Who do you reckon would come in BAD :)

bornadog
21-07-2016, 11:00 PM
That is a good chance. Who do you reckon would come in BAD :)

I was joking, don't think it will happen.

Ghost Dog
21-07-2016, 11:06 PM
I don't care who they bring in. As long as his name rhymes with Money-perch.

LostDoggy
22-07-2016, 07:03 AM
My mate is coming with me for the third time this year. The previous two times he attended the footy this year, Wood was a lot out. So hopefully that trend doesn't continue.

SlimPickens
22-07-2016, 08:52 AM
My mate is coming with me for the third time this year. The previous two times he attended the footy this year, Wood was a lot out. So hopefully that trend doesn't continue.

For god sake! Leave them at home :D

F'scary
22-07-2016, 01:25 PM
With Stringer being replaced by Libba, it looks like Clay Smith will have an unimpeded go at being Mini-Stringer this week. Looking forward to seeing what he does.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Savage in,
Michington out F'scray.

It's actually F'scary,
not `````` F'scray. See what he did.

F'scary
22-07-2016, 05:58 PM
It's actually F'scary,
not `````` F'scray. See what he did.

That's how we want the opposition teams to think of us. At the moment, more than half the competition probably do.

LostDoggy
22-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Terry Wallace chimes in with a, "St Kilda has only lost four of its past 35 Saturday night matches played at Docklands".

That's actually quite remarkable considering they haven't played finals since 2011.

I haven't even checked the accuracy of that statement, but all I can say is I know for a fact the Bulldogs have beaten the Saints the last two years we have played at Etihad on a Saturday night.

ratsmac
22-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Terry Wallace chimes in with a, "St Kilda has only lost four of its past 35 Saturday night matches played at Docklands".

That's actually quite remarkable considering they haven't played finals since 2011.

I haven't even checked the accuracy of that statement, but all I can say is I know for a fact the Bulldogs have beaten the Saints the last two years we have played at Etihad on a Saturday night.

That stat makes me wanna 'spew up'

boydogs
22-07-2016, 07:00 PM

They've only won 5 of their last 11

W Cats R14 2016
L Bulldogs R2 2016
D Cats R21 2015
L Bulldogs R13 2015
W Bombers R5 2014
W Demons R1 2014
L Power R17 2013
L Blues R16 2013
W Bombers R15 2012
W Bulldogs R3 2012
L Swans EF 2011

Rocco Jones
22-07-2016, 07:01 PM

That stat is made up.

Someone said it on some crappy blokey footy type show on either 9 or the bounce or whatever it is called. Since then, a few lazy journos have taken it as fact.

I kid you not, whilst on the toilet, I went onto the Footy Live app I have. Since the start of 2016, the Saints are 10-11-1 at Etihad,

Bulldog Joe
22-07-2016, 07:13 PM
That stat is made up.

Someone said it on some crappy blokey footy type show on either 9 or the bounce or whatever it is called. Since then, a few lazy journos have taken it as fact.

I kid you not, whilst on the toilet, I went onto the Footy Live app I have. Since the start of 2016, the Saints are 10-11-1 at Etihad,

Just did a quick check and the Saturday night slot is not common for the Saints.

Just for seasons 2015 and 2016 this week will be their 5th Saturday night game at Etihad.

The previous 4 are
Round 13 2015 loss to Bulldogs 56-62
Round 21 2015 draw with Geelong 97 all
Round 2 2016 loss to Bulldogs 36-93
Round 14 2016 win over Geelong 93-90

So Terry's stat may be correct, but it is still just an anomaly because of the teams they have played in that time slot.

Bulldog Joe
22-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Just did a quick check and the Saturday night slot is not common for the Saints.

Just for seasons 2015 and 2016 this week will be their 5th Saturday night game at Etihad.

The previous 4 are
Round 13 2015 loss to Bulldogs 56-62
Round 21 2015 draw with Geelong 97 all
Round 2 2016 loss to Bulldogs 36-93
Round 14 2016 win over Geelong 93-90

So Terry's stat may be correct, but it is still just an anomaly because of the teams they have played in that time slot.

Just had a further check from 2013
2 wins 2 losses - 2013
2 wins 0 losses - 2014

Overall since 2013
10 games on Saturday Night at Docklands (Etihad)
5 wins 4 losses and 1 draw.

They have also lost several on Friday and Monday night time slots

bornadog
23-07-2016, 01:07 AM
Under Bevo we have won 17 and lost 5 at Etihad. Only the Geelong game was a blow out the other 4 were under 3 goals.

ledge
23-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Maybe he meant saints home games

Remi Moses
23-07-2016, 03:24 PM
What a completely useless stat . Stkilda were pretty decent for a fair period , so it's just a useless fact

Rocco Jones
23-07-2016, 03:55 PM
God almighty, Saturday Night game where St.Kilda are listed as the home team!!! Talk about finding a stat that justifies an original POV.

What next? Saturday night, home game in even numbered round against teams wearing a shade of blue.

bulldogtragic
23-07-2016, 04:42 PM
God almighty, Saturday Night game where St.Kilda are listed as the home team!!! Talk about finding a stat that justifies an original POV.

What next? Saturday night, home game in even numbered round against teams wearing a shade of blue.

Id still like to also give useless stat of the year nomination to the channel 7 team when we played Richmond. "Richmond are going at 80% efficiency in the last 3 minutes". Leaving aside they were chipping it around backwards and forgetting the previous 25 minutes before it going at about 40% or less.

I think the commentators and 'experts' think giving any old stat makes them look smart, well researched or intelligent. But if it's a F'N stupid stat then don't they just sound F'N stupid?

bornadog
23-07-2016, 06:03 PM

Their record is 35-1-4.

In all games at Etihad for the past two seasons, they have won 10 and lost 11. We have won 17 lost 5. Other than the poor effort v Geelong, the other 4 losses have been within 3 goals.

You know we discussed this a few pages earlier in this thread.

The real important stat is mine above