16-07-2016, 12:16 AM
One, two, three.

things you've learned.

GVGjr
16-07-2016, 10:28 PM
3 things you have learned

The Bulldogs Bite
16-07-2016, 10:58 PM
1. Clay could be the difference in a big final.

2. T Boyd will be a monster in two years as I initially predicted. Encouraging game.

3. Our goal kicking just isn't improving.

bulldogtragic
16-07-2016, 11:03 PM
1. The calls about taking Wright and not getting Boyd are best left to last week. Great game Tom, great to see your teammates loving you back after the goal.
2. Clay could be the strongest player I've ever seen in our jumper.
3. Michael Hurley would be a god send.

always right
16-07-2016, 11:04 PM
1. Clay could be the difference in a big final.

2. T Boyd will be a monster in two years as I initially predicted. Encouraging game.

3. Our goal kicking just isn't improving.

Our conversion won us the game last week.

LostDoggy
16-07-2016, 11:08 PM
1. That was stressful but I don't know why (goal kicking/ misses frustration maybe?)
2. Clay Smith shreds
3. LOL I HAD NO IDEA JARRAD GRANT STILL PLAYED AFL IT ACTUALLY MADE MY NIGHT. I felt sorry for him though, he looks so defeated and sad.

SonofScray
16-07-2016, 11:58 PM
1. Clay Smith is a good bump as well as tackler. Elite bumping on display, in the modern context.

2. Tom Boyd gets involved in a lot of scoring chains.

3. We don't show the oppositions ace forward much respect in terms of locking him down. Just apply the system as we do for everyone else.

Twodogs
16-07-2016, 11:58 PM
1. That was stressful but I don't know why (goal kicking/ misses frustration maybe?)
2. Clay Smith shreds
3. LOL I HAD NO IDEA JARRAD GRANT STILL PLAYED AFL IT ACTUALLY MADE MY NIGHT. I felt sorry for him though, he looks so defeated and sad.

Me too. God knows why though. He gets to live on the Gold Coast and play footy for a living.

comrade
17-07-2016, 12:06 AM
1. The 3 man set up of #1 ruck + Boyd & Redpath is the way forward for mine. It's now up to Campbell and Roughead to work out who takes the #1 spot for finals.

2. Dunkley actually showed some agility and ball handling I thought was beyond him.

3. With the glut of wonky inside mids we have, fast flowing uncontested games where Wallis and Stevens get on the end of chains is not going to end well. If Libba played and had some of those entries, we would have scored at least a few more goals.

Twodogs
17-07-2016, 12:28 AM
1. Boyd and Redpath can fit in the same team.
2. We don't want to be to quick to wave goodbye to Kobe Stevens at season's end
3. We won't win finals kicking like that. Luckily finals are a few weeks away.

Twodogs
17-07-2016, 12:28 AM
1. Boyd and Redpath can fit in the same team.
2. We don't want to be to quick to wave goodbye to Kobe Stevens at season's end
3. We won't win finals kicking like that. Luckily finals are a few weeks away.

Bulldog4life
17-07-2016, 12:49 AM
JMac sign Koby up NOW. I'll be extremely disappointed if we lose him.

Dicko at the moment is not the super accurate shot for goal he once was.

Terrific game by Josh Dunkley. Going to be a terrific player for us.

bornadog
17-07-2016, 12:56 AM
1. I learnt we make more money playing 1 game in Cairns to 10 at Etihad

2. We still don't have that killer instinct when cruising along

3. Cairns is a happy hunting ground with our 3rd straight win.

Webby
17-07-2016, 01:11 AM
JMac sign Koby up NOW. I'll be extremely disappointed if we lose him.

Dicko at the moment is not the super accurate shot for goal he once was.

Terrific game by Josh Dunkley. Going to be a terrific player for us.

2 months ago, Dicko was statistically, the best shot for goal to ever play VFL/AFL football... Since then, he's been average at best... He needs to pull the finger out, as his big strength was his set shot accuracy and he's nowhere good in general
Play as he was 12 months ago...

Not wanting to ride him, as I like him, but he needs a big performance sometime soon. Otherwise he's kicking dew for Footscray.. And he's better than that.

Webby
17-07-2016, 01:15 AM
Wallis is a pro
Tory needs to lift
T Boyd and Redders can coexist... No problems.

Remi Moses
17-07-2016, 03:33 AM
1. The calls about taking Wright and not getting Boyd are best left to last week. Great game Tom, great to see your teammates loving you back after the goal.
2. Clay could be the strongest player I've ever seen in our jumper.
3. Michael Hurley would be a god send.

Thought the same thing on point 1.

Remi Moses
17-07-2016, 03:37 AM
3. Dunkley is going to be a super player for us
2. Jarryd Grant reinforced why we delisted him
1. The noise with picking Wright instead of picking up Boyd is just that . Noise

Remi Moses
17-07-2016, 03:39 AM
1. I learnt we make more money playing 1 game in Cairns to 10 at Etihad

2. We still don't have that killer instinct when cruising along

3. Cairns is a happy hunting ground with our 3rd straight win.
It's an absolute f***** disgrace that we make more money in one game than at Etihad .
We've been getting excellent crowds and still can't pull any coin .

Twodogs
17-07-2016, 03:40 AM
3. Dunkley is going to be a super player for us
2. Jarryd Grant reinforced why we delisted him
1. The noise with picking Wright instead of picking up Boyd is just that . Noise

To be fair Boyd doesn't have to play on Dale Morris.

Eastdog
17-07-2016, 04:10 AM
1. Tom Boyd will be ok and last night showed good signs
2. Our use of the footy needs to improve
3. We must keep the intensity going as much as we can for the whole match and not be content even when we have a comfortable lead

Eastdog
17-07-2016, 04:14 AM
It's an absolute f***** disgrace that we make more money in one game than at Etihad .
We've been getting excellent crowds and still can't pull any coin .

Hopefully soon we get a better deal at Etihad once the AFL take control of it. We play well there and after many years have gotten used to it although if we do get 50K members in the future we could play a bit more at the MCG which would be great especially being finals bound.

I thought though with the current Etihad deal if we get over 25K at games that we benefit. Maybe that's not accurate.

Mantis
17-07-2016, 07:30 AM
1/ We still need to find the balance between strong press and having defensive cover.

2/ It was a night to fill your boots and some of our average to poor players against good opposition did.

3/ We need some more skilful players in the team.

China Dog
17-07-2016, 09:13 AM
We need to re-sign Koby and Clay immediately, they are both wrecking balls.
We have the best midfield in the AFL and it will only get better with Dal coming back in.
We have the best recruiting team in the AFL - so much young talent, Dunkley will be a star.

LostDoggy
17-07-2016, 09:17 AM
1. Competition for finals spots is intensifying, with the likes of TBoyd, Dunkley, Stevens, Roberts and Jong only strengthening their case. Very good signs.
2. Our killer instinct needs honing. After a bright first half, we had GCS where we wanted them at half time, but failed to capitalise. Our modest 2nd half was disappointing.
3. We have a few that would benefit from a week off soon.

lemmon
17-07-2016, 11:46 AM
1. Roberts is a decent option. He's 0 frills but is tough to get a kick on. Definitely a better version than the one that played in last year's final.
2. We see Roughy/Boyd as very much an even split in terms of ruck and forward time.
3. M Boyd would have to be leading the BnF wouldn't he? He accumulates, makes the right decisions, beat his man and intercepts in the air an on the deck.

ratsmac
17-07-2016, 01:03 PM
I learned

1. Clay Smith can hit the goal post 3 times in one match. Also he will be super important for us come finals time. Raging Bull.
2. We need to use our better ball users more often. Daniel, Bontempelli Suckling for example. They unclog congestion with good decision making a skill execution.
3. Lynch is a great player. He marks almost everything that comes near him. He uses his size to his advantage perfectly. I hope Tom Boyd can learn to use his body mass like Lynch.

westdog54
17-07-2016, 02:44 PM
1. We've got a team of contributors. All 22 racked up double figure touches.
2. Cairns isn't the venue for quality football.
3. I'm running out of things to learn about Clay Smith.

AndrewP6
17-07-2016, 02:44 PM
1. Smith is a great in for us.
2. We will be undone by our still poor goalkicking one day. (OK I knew this already).
3. Drink coupons coupled with 3% alcohol is a really stupid idea. It feels like you're a kid at a party. It's also a stupid idea to sell 'reserved' seats and then when you get there they say 'Oh it's pretty full here'. I reserved it for a reason.

I know, that's more than 3. I'll go sit in the corner.

Ozza
17-07-2016, 02:54 PM
1. Clay is best 22....he's our Puopolo.
2. I learnt to not stress as much watching us on tv....it was never in doubt...sure we didn't kill them off as much as we'd like - but tricky conditions to really kick a huge score.
3. Even in a poor side - Jarrad Grant doesn't have many AFL games left in his career.

Twodogs
17-07-2016, 04:04 PM
Clay Smith is like the Bradman of tackling. If he doesn't stick 100% of his tackles then it's 99.94% and the skills he brings to the table wins us games.

Mofra
17-07-2016, 04:34 PM
1. I have never felt better as a Bulldog supporter than when Caleb Daniel has the ball. Perhaps already tge best decision maker I've ever seen in Bulldog colours

2. Koby Stevens has some amazing games. Probably the second best he has played for the club.

3. Wood is the backline Ablett. Can do it in the air and on the deck. Freak.

kruder
17-07-2016, 09:08 PM
1. I didn't realise someone could improve while not playing footy for 3 years. While we are on Clay, add Dickson and Dahl( when forward) and the forward line pressure should be cranking during September.
2. Bevo/Gia seem to prefer Midfielders in the square rather than the tall timber. A strange night indeed.
3. We are top 4 and what makes me even more bullish is that we have so much improvement to come.

LostDoggy
18-07-2016, 06:52 PM
1.The D.O.O.Bounds is a farce.When it is payed against a player in a spoiling contest trying to fist it away from his opponents hands.
2.Man crush for Clay the way he has comeback and for what he's had to go through to get back on the park and into the seniors.
3.We never stop running.

boydogs
19-07-2016, 12:24 AM
1.The D.O.O.Bounds is a farce.When it is payed against a player in a spoiling contest trying to fist it away from his opponents hands

It's been a farce all year but I could see that was going to be paid. Wallis hit it straight to the line and it wasn't a marking contest, the kick was touched

bornadog
19-07-2016, 10:31 AM
It's been a farce all year but I could see that was going to be paid. Wallis hit it straight to the line and it wasn't a marking contest, the kick was touched

It was a rubbish call from the umpire. That means defenders punching the ball to the boundary should now be paid as deliberate.

Firroto conceding a point, what is wrong with that?

The changing of the interpretation of the rule has been the biggest farce in football history. Go back to the Hawks game where Suckling was pinged for deliberate OB and Rioli slotted the goal in a 3 point match. For me it is a total farce as it has introduced another grey area where the umpire has to work out the outcome.

Mark Evans and co have no idea why they introduce BS rule changes.

comrade
19-07-2016, 01:01 PM
The Firritto one was woeful. That's been a point forever and a day, even since they changed the rules.

The ruling shouldn't be defined by it being deliberate. It should be defined by pressure. If you're un-pressured and put it through, free kick. If there is any pressure, it's a behind. Makes it much easier to adjudicate.

Twodogs
19-07-2016, 01:31 PM
It was fun watching Goddard's reaction when it wasn't payed but the one when Delidio handballed the ball directly OOB from about 30 metres away from the line was a rubbish call too.

Twodogs
19-07-2016, 01:34 PM
It was a rubbish call from the umpire. That means defenders punching the ball to the boundary should now be paid as deliberate.

The changing of the interpretation of the rule has been the biggest farce in football history. Go back to the Hawks game where Suckling was pinged for deliberate OB and Rioli slotted the goal in a 3 point match. For me it is a total farce as it has introduced another grey area where the umpire has to work out the outcome.

That call isn't made and we would be a game clear on top right now*. Rioli pushed Suckling out. I know the ball carrier has responsibility for keeping the ball in under the new interpretation but when an opponent pushes you over the boundary line I reckon you have a fair case to say that responsibility has ceased.

*yeah yeah I know. We'd still have found a way to *!*!*!*! it up.

bornadog
19-07-2016, 03:25 PM
That call isn't made and we would be a game clear on top right now*. Rioli pushed Suckling out. I know the ball carrier has responsibility for keeping the ball in under the new interpretation but when an opponent pushes you over the boundary line I reckon you have a fair case to say that responsibility has ceased.

*yeah yeah I know. We'd still have found a way to *!*!*!*! it up.

A similar thing happened in the Adelaide game. Picken (I think), was running towards the boundary line, trying to grab the ball with Betts right up his arse. As they got close to the boundary, Betts reached around and tapped the ball OOB, but he ended up with the free as the umpire deemed Picken hit it out deliberately. What a joke, that is a throw in every time. Lucky we won that one.

LostDoggy
19-07-2016, 06:15 PM

Might as well get Plucka Duck making these calls as it's all Chook Lotto.
Heard that the Fritata one was paid because of the amount of excessive force which he applied to handball it through the sticks!!!
FFS'S ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! :mad:

Ghost Dog
20-07-2016, 01:46 AM
Might as well get Plucka Duck making these calls as it's all Chook Lotto.
Heard that the Fritata one was paid because of the amount of excessive force which he applied to handball it through the sticks!!!
FFS'S ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! :mad:

Yeah I saw that on 360. The Freo and Fritta ones were identical in intent clearly. Baffling. But AFL rules, like most other things Victorian ( Myki, Planning laws, Local council rules, etc ) it's a case of being over regulated and under led