Western Bulldogs v St Kilda Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Geelong v Adelaide Simonds Stadium 7.25pm

Sunday July 24 2016

Essendon v Brisbane Lions Etihad Stadium 1.10pm

Hawthorn v Richmond MCG 3.20pm

Port Adelaide v GWS Giants Adelaide Oval 4.40pm

Ghost Dog
22-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Collingwood and North Melbourne. Cloke, Jesse White, Firrito, Howe - one big potato salad.

Remi Moses
22-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Pies winning the meaningless niggle. Collingwood's final not going well

G-Mo77
22-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Pies winning the meaningless niggle. Collingwood's final not going well

I love the modern day footballer. Push, shove and puff your chest out like you're made of steel the minute a finger tip touches your face squeel like a pig.

Ghost Dog
22-07-2016, 10:06 PM
It's a pretty low skilled game. North Melbourne made to look great by Collingwood ineptitude in the first.

LostDoggy
22-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Collingwood and North Melbourne. Cloke, Jesse White, Firrito, Howe - one big potato salad.

And the crem da'la crem Thompson.

jeemak
22-07-2016, 10:51 PM
The umpire allows a 45 second wrestle to take place across twenty players with plenty of forceful contact, no free kick given.

Thomas gets a tap in the chest and dives backwards, free kick in front of goal - which I can say he botches in the most delightful way. But why?

It's so unbelievably sub standard and pathetic.

Loved hearing Wayne Wayney Duck McDuckface defend the free kick given. Leave your Norf bias at home mate.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Rooting for North, as dirty as it feels. I want Collingwood's finals aspiration snuffed out and for more kids to be playing when we get them. A solid win witha good margin when we hit them to keep belief our strong is on my menu.

jeemak
22-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Rooting for North, as dirty as it feels. I want Collingwood's finals aspiration snuffed out and for more kids to be playing when we get them. A solid win witha good margin when we hit them to keep belief our strong is on my menu.

I can't do it. My hate for Firrito and Thomas is too great to not want to see Norf lose another one.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2016, 11:19 PM
I can't do it. My hate for Firrito and Thomas is too great to not want to see Norf lose another one.

Draw works. :)

Remi Moses
22-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Collingwood butchered the ball going forward . The start killed them .
Norf have the most punch able players going around

Twodogs
22-07-2016, 11:30 PM
So are North 100% safe now? Not that they were going to drop out of the eight anyways.

G-Mo77
22-07-2016, 11:34 PM
So are North 100% safe now? Not that they were going to drop out of the eight anyways.

No. Not yet. Mathematically I don't think we're safe.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2016, 11:40 PM

Predicted to be 8th, in by 2-3 wins over Port Adelaide. First to be knocked out in week 1.

Bulldog Joe
22-07-2016, 11:45 PM
I haven't seen many games this year outside our own,

BUT

I have seen a few things that suggest players like Treloar, Crisp etc give the Pies some midfield strength.

On watching this game, I would see Treloar as over rated and Collingwood players in general seem to play for themselves. Perhaps it has something to do with their coach.

I did see a suggestion that Brodie Grundy was AA standard in the ruck. Tonight he is light years from that.

Collingwood have several players they have traded in over the past 3 years

Jessie White - pleased they have him, whatever they paid was overs.
Levi Greenwood - I can see why North were prepared to let him go.
Jeremy Howe - Jumps at the ball spectacularly but doesn't seem to contribute anything. Tonight he was responsible for 2 early goals. Unfortunately they were for North.
James Aish - I thought he was ok and I recall that a few posters wanted him with our pick in the draft. Thank god that Dalrymple didn't see that as an option. Collingwood probably paid overs for him in the trade.
Adam Treloar - perhaps he had an off night, but he appeared to be the master of the meaningless disposal.
Jack Crisp - there has been plenty of hype about the value he has been from the Beams trade, but would he get a game with us?

Bulldog4life
23-07-2016, 12:05 PM

At the slightest touch Thomas throws himself backwards on the ground staging for a free. It is a regular occurrence every match. Since the AFL said they were going to crack down on staging we have heard nothing since. Typical.

ledge
23-07-2016, 04:12 PM
I am happy nth won it might take some sting out of the saints slim final thoughts

Flamethrower
23-07-2016, 05:26 PM
No. Not yet. Mathematically I don't think we're safe.

Mathematicians don't play football though.

Carlton competitive 2 weeks in a row but just not quite good enough to upset a contender. They get the Hawks next week - their last game against a finals team. On form they will win their last 4 (v Saints, Dees, Lions & Bombers).

bornadog
23-07-2016, 05:54 PM
At the slightest touch Thomas throws himself backwards on the ground staging for a free. It is a regular occurrence every match. Since the AFL said they were going to crack down on staging we have heard nothing since. Typical.

What a hero he is, no wonder no one likes him. What about when the Collingwood player was lying on the ground in the goal square after stuffing up the kick out, and Thomas rushes up to stir him and pushes him while he is face down.

He is a little gutless wonder.

bulldogtragic
23-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Carlton were just one big marking competitive beast forward short of consigning Sydney to the bottom four. Damn it.

chef
24-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Watching Hawthorn is annoying, why cant we field kick like that.

westdog54
24-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Door surely slams shut on the 8 with GWS getting the job done over Port. North now with a 2 game break and massive percentage buffer over the Saints in 8th.

comrade
25-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Door surely slams shut on the 8 with GWS getting the job done over Port. North now with a 2 game break and massive percentage buffer over the Saints in 8th.

North will have to beat the Saints next week to make it a sure thing.

bulldogsthru&thru
25-07-2016, 11:18 AM
North will have to beat the Saints next week to make it a sure thing.

Saints have an easy run home, north very tough. Doing the ladder predictor, barring any major upsets, the winner of saints v north makes the 8. Huge, huge game.

EasternWest
25-07-2016, 04:02 PM
I think the Saints roll them. Their attack is ferocious and they're on a roll.

ledge
25-07-2016, 04:52 PM
We aren't home yet .. Geelong and Nth next.