hujsh
21-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Not many better collections of handballs you'll see

comrade
21-07-2016, 09:46 PM
I need a moment.

Twodogs
21-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Wowee. How many games has he played? I love the "here's the ball, I've still got the ball" move where he lets the hound see just enough of the rabbit to make it go for it but by the time he gets there it's gone.

Rocco Jones
21-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Outrageous.

bornadog
21-07-2016, 10:54 PM
Ducking, weaving, the impossible handball, the booming kick the awareness of the opposition and where his own team mates are, his agility, size and a match winner- wow.

He is a Star.

Twodogs
21-07-2016, 11:41 PM
Ducking, weaving, the impossible handball, the booming kick the awareness of the opposition and where his own team mates are, his agility, size and a match winner- wow.

He is a Star.

A star? He's a Hypergiant.

jeemak
21-07-2016, 11:51 PM
I don't think there's been a mid that has had tricks on display that have separated him from the pack as early as Judd's pace, evasiveness and scoring ability did. The Bont's ability to find a handball out, use deceptive pace and hurt by foot is nothing I've seen before.

And thanks for your contributions Mozc! Much appreciated.

comrade
22-07-2016, 07:01 AM
It's like watching Neo in the Matrix.

Murphy'sLore
22-07-2016, 09:40 AM
That was four and a half minutes of pure pleasure to start a Friday morning.

But Bonti, darling, please get a haircut! Do you really want to get up and accept the Brownlow with that ridiculous hair?

bornadog
22-07-2016, 09:43 AM
If he was my son, I would be proud too.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/3727976ab348d237f04d6a64d257ae1d?width=650

KT31
22-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Thank you Mozc, great build up for the weekend of footy.

LostDoggy
22-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Goat.

1eyedog
22-07-2016, 10:24 AM
He will go down as one of if not the greatest ever, how could he not he has absolutely everything. Elite at ground level, elite kick, elite set shot, elite awareness, elite mark, elite handball, elite contested player, elite bloke.

We must do everything to keep him a one club player, pay him whatever he wants, give him the captaincy and watch the Brownlows, MVPs and All Australians flow.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-07-2016, 11:09 AM
I wept from seeing greatness. Bontempelli was Royce Hart at his best, full of grace, intertwining his ballet seamlessly into a game of football.

Mantis
22-07-2016, 11:16 AM
He will go down as one of if not the greatest ever, how could he not he has absolutely everything. Elite at ground level, elite kick, elite set shot, elite awareness, elite mark, elite handball, elite contested player, elite bloke.

We must do everything to keep him a one club player, pay him whatever he wants, give him the captaincy and watch the Brownlows, MVPs and All Australians flow.

All that pales into insignificance if (when) you add in premiership player... Personal accolades & awards are nice, but ultimate team success is what is most important.

KT31
22-07-2016, 03:20 PM

#@$% it lets put up a statue and co - name the oval after him.:D

LostDoggy
22-07-2016, 03:28 PM
How is it possible to be so young and so damn good? Incredible player to watch.

Twodogs
22-07-2016, 06:01 PM
#@$% it lets put up a statue and co - name the oval after him.:D

May as well. We could change Footscray's name to Bontville. Or even somewhere nice.

merantau
22-07-2016, 06:31 PM
Thanks Mozc. Another stellar production. It's a pleasure to warch this kid in action - the balance, awareness, pace off the mark, surety of hands anc just pure all-round excellence he exhibits is quite something. He is a once in a generation player.

LostDoggy
22-07-2016, 06:51 PM
BONTEMPELLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more can you say!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twodogs
22-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Thanks Mozc. Another stellar production. It's a pleasure to warch this kid in action - the balance, awareness, pace off the mark, surety of hands anc just pure all-round excellence he exhibits is quite something. He is a once in a generation player.

Something occurred to me watching a game a few weeks ago and I found it almost a heretical thought. I tried to repress it but it keeps coming back.

Marcus Bontempelli has effected the outcome of more games at this stage of his career than Kelvin Templeton did at the same stage of his career. Marcus Bontempelli is a better footballer than Kelvin Templeton was and will be remembered as the greatest bulldog of all time.

There. I said it.

hujsh
22-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Something occurred to me watching a game a few weeks ago and I found it almost a heretical thought. I tried to repress it but it keeps coming back.

Marcus Bontempelli has effected the outcome of more games at this stage of his career than Kelvin Templeton did at the same stage of his career. Marcus Bontempelli is a better footballer than Kelvin Templeton was and will be remembered as the greatest bulldog of all time.

There. I said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bv-kBoS1iA

Webby
22-07-2016, 10:14 PM

There. I said it.

I'm almost with you, however I should point out that the Bont hasn't even won our B&F as yet (granted you'd be mad to back against him this year!). Templeton picked up our B&F in 1978 at a year older than Bont. KT also won the Coleman that year. He then went Coleman & Brownlow/2nd b&f award in the following two years... So Bont has his work cut out!..... Having said that, I fully expect him to do big things...

So that's KT out of the way...

However, he's going to have to win a b&f in a premiership side in the next 12 months to emulate the great one, EJ.... Now that's an achievement that would be handy to see matched...!

Twodogs
22-07-2016, 11:35 PM
I'm almost with you, however I should point out that the Bont hasn't even won our B&F as yet (granted you'd be mad to back against him this year!). Templeton picked up our B&F in 1978 at a year older than Bont. KT also won the Coleman that year. He then went Coleman & Brownlow/2nd b&f award in the following two years... So Bont has his work cut out!..... Having said that, I fully expect him to do big things...

So that's KT out of the way...

However, he's going to have to win a b&f in a premiership side in the next 12 months to emulate the great one, EJ.... Now that's an achievement that would be handy to see matched...!

Mate. Bont could well do both those things in the next 3 months! That'd put him a full 12 months ahead of Ted.

Webby
22-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Mate. Bont could well do both those things in the next 3 months! That'd put him a full 12 months ahead of Ted.

I wish him all the very best in his pursuit!

strebla
23-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Chris Grant was the best bloke/player at this club ever but my oh my Bont makes him look like Robbie Muir !!

lemmon
23-07-2016, 12:46 AM
Closest thing to the Bont I've seen in my time watching was James Hird at his real peak

strebla
23-07-2016, 01:34 AM
Used to love watching him play shame how much I friggin hate him. I always liked the way he carried himself right up until he started coaching.

boydogs
23-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Closest thing to the Bont I've seen in my time watching was James Hird at his real peak

Maybe Kouta as well, the same clean hands and ground ball gather

Torpedo
30-07-2016, 10:26 PM
Loved seeing Bont show a bit of mongrel last night. Has done it a couple of times this season. Maybe flying the flag, sending a message to opposition that while he is only 20 he is not going to take any trash from anyone. Hopefully TBoyd takes notice and starts exercising a bit of authority in the forward line. Can't have young players being bullied by the likes of cats, norf and hawks. Watch GWS and Leon has instilled a similar attitude into the team. They go in hard for one another. Going to be some real old fashioned tough fought games between the two clubs in next couple of years.

westdog54
07-08-2016, 06:33 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-08-07/the-bont-fires-up-rd20

Bont's highlights package from last night, including the smother on Firrito and the subsequent letting him know all about it.

You're welcome.