PDA

View Full Version : Nick Stevens

1eyedog
22-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Jailed for three months for attacking his partner (again), serial offender, serial coward, serial dickhead. Needs help badly I hope when he gets out he stays single and gets the help he needs.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/former-afl-star-nick-stevens-jailed/ar-BBuAsfk?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=ansmsnnews11

bornadog
22-07-2016, 10:11 AM
three months is very lenient I would have thought, but I am no expert.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2016, 10:12 AM
Good. He's a serial offender and rumour is most cases were never even reported to police originally. It's a gutless low act and I hope he is made to feel every bit as terrified for every of his 90 days as he made his partner terrified. I can only hope all news papers have his photo and a huge article so every woman knows not to ever go near him in the future.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2016, 10:15 AM
three months is very lenient I would have thought, but I am no expert.

Depends on which magistrate you get on which day. Three months is a decent stint though, especially if he goes to a jail where inmates will get cred for bashing a well known person.

bornadog
22-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Depends on which magistrate you get on which day. Three months is a decent stint though, especially if he goes to a jail where inmates will get cred for bashing a well known person.

Listening to 774, right now and women ringing in about their experiences is very interesting. One woman said her ex got 3 months but she suffered for more than 6 with injuries etc. She still gets hassled by the ex's family.

bulldogtragic
22-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Listening to 774, right now and women ringing in about their experiences is very interesting. One woman said her ex got 3 months but she suffered for more than 6 with injuries etc. She still gets hassled by the ex's family.

It's a scourge on society and a stain on governments of all persuasion who haven't for a long time been giving police powers to turn the table and giving courts clear frameworks of community expectations on sentences. I could give you hellish stories from my time that would make you wonder what the hell governments and courts were doing. We can only hope the tide is turning.

westdog54
22-07-2016, 11:11 AM

This was at the Court of Appeal.

Originally got 8 months. Abandoned his appeal on the verdict and ended up pleading guilty to two counts of recklessly cause injury. Some others were withdrawn.

The reduction is disappointing but three months isn't a terrible result. The tide seems to be turning when it comes to family violence assaults.

Twodogs
22-07-2016, 12:11 PM
This was at the Court of Appeal.

Originally got 8 months. Abandoned his appeal on the verdict and ended up pleading guilty to two counts of recklessly cause injury. Some others were withdrawn.

The reduction is disappointing but three months isn't a terrible result. The tide seems to be turning when it comes to family violence assaults.

So it's been worse?

If I walked up to a bloke, or a woman, on the street and assaulted them the way Stevens assaulted his partner what would be the sentence?

westdog54
22-07-2016, 12:27 PM
So it's been worse?

If I walked up to a bloke, or a woman, on the street and assaulted them the way Stevens assaulted his partner what would be the sentence?

Would depend on your history of offending but with an early guilty plea you could potentially avoid a term of imprisonment.

Courts are starting to use imprisonment as a baseline for family violence offending, even without a criminal history.

There's a long way to go but progress is being made.

Twodogs
22-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Cheers mate.

Topdog
22-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Cheers mate.

Dont get any ideas now. :mad:

Remi Moses
22-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Grossly inadequate sentence .
Pretty classy guy

Twodogs
22-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Dont get any ideas now. :mad:

WD54 has a fine mind for that sort of thing. And he is a mate of mine. That's as far as my brain went on that one.

The community is pretty safe with me.

strebla
23-07-2016, 01:05 AM
I hate any "man" who can do this I bet he gets a nice cushy cell and is well looked after ����������

Twodogs
23-07-2016, 01:22 AM
I hate any "man" who can do this I bet he gets a nice cushy cell and is well looked after ����������

I wouldn't think so. Nick Stevens is about to spend the worst three months of his life. He will be a target for every inmate looking to improve his cred by bashing the celebrity wife beater. And it won't be a quick foot up the arse or a clip upside of the back of the head. It will be pretty brutal.

It's either that or being locked in his cell 23 hours a day on the wing with the paedophiles and the bed wetters. I'm hoping he takes the licked in his cell option. That's hell on earth for a fit and active guy.

strebla
23-07-2016, 01:44 AM
I hope your right Twodogs I am not a supporter of violence but I can be swayed.

jeemak
23-07-2016, 03:00 AM
It's most likely a person who dishes out violence against others has probably had violence dished out against them. Don't get your hopes up for a guy like Stevens being scared out of his brains on the inside, the chances of him being victimised over a three month stint are just as strong as his chances of being left alone or put on a pedestal because he's a dumbarse that played pretty good footy.

He's likely to be able to handle himself too. Suggesting he's going to go to jail and serve violent time may be off the mark. Afterall, jail's full of aresholes that have bashed their partners.

Topdog
23-07-2016, 02:08 PM
WD54 has a fine mind for that sort of thing. And he is a mate of mine. That's as far as my brain went on that one.

The community is pretty safe with me.

My poor attempt at humour failed pretty badly i see. i was joking of course

hujsh
23-07-2016, 02:21 PM

I thought it was funny

Twodogs
23-07-2016, 02:55 PM

But you used a bad emoji

westdog54
23-07-2016, 04:47 PM

Used the wrong emoticon.

I know TD well enough that he wouldn't participate in unnecessary violence.

Unless Adrian Anderson was involved. Then the gloves are off.

Twodogs
23-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Used the wrong emoticon.

I know TD well enough that he wouldn't participate in unnecessary violence.

Unless Adrian Anderson was involved. Then the gloves are off.

I did lose it a bit that night I must admit.

Twodogs
23-07-2016, 05:45 PM
It was funny though.

bornadog
23-07-2016, 05:49 PM
It was funny though.

Do tell

Topdog
23-07-2016, 06:52 PM
But you used a bad emoji

in my defence the emojis on are suck.

And yes do tell RE: Anderson story

westdog54
23-07-2016, 09:19 PM
I'll field this one TD.

westdog54
23-07-2016, 09:29 PM
This was back when we organised a RecFooty (8 a side touch) team through the Bulldogs Bigfooty board.

We played against a team that had AA on it.

The umpire we had was terrible to begin with which had TD riled up enough as it was, but...

AA managed to wear his position bib inside out for most of the second half without the umpire noticing. As a result he managed to play himself "offside" several times through the night.

At one point TD (who want even playing that night I might add) found himself 5 metres within the field of play to try and bring the cheating to the umpire's attention.

At full time we insisted that he remain off the field until the opposition was well out of sight.

Sadly we never played against AA again so we never got a chance to square him up.

westdog54
24-07-2016, 08:17 PM
We did, however, have a 15yo kid playing on the team make AA shit his pants under a high ball.

The real shame of it is that most of his teammates were really pleasant and we got on well with them.