PDA

View Full Version : Three things I have learned-round 18 v St. Kilda

Twodogs
23-07-2016, 09:08 AM
1-2, 1-2, 2-3

Can you hear at the back? OK three things you have learned.

GVGjr
23-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Bump

PedroArvy
23-07-2016, 11:12 PM
1. With three key injuries is tough to win.
2. Our overall depth is not quite there. Will be interesting to see what happens in following weeks with so many injuries.
3. Our endeavour is fantastic and admirable even though the forward line is dysfunctional.

bulldogtragic
23-07-2016, 11:14 PM
1. That could be the worst H&A loss as a club that I have lived through.
2. Hunter & Suckling are testing my ability to not go into an insane rage.
3. With more key personnel now gone for the year, and falling to 7th tomorrow, we might be shot.

comrade
23-07-2016, 11:25 PM
1. After a night like that, it feels like the year is cooked.

2. Stevens thinks he's the strongest bloke on the field and tries to break every tackle but never does and only succeeds in putting himself under the pump.

3. Footy is ****ed.

whythelongface
23-07-2016, 11:28 PM
1. Whilst our forward line is poor our delivery into the forward line is worse
2. We have been playing poor for a number of weeks, but have been able to scrape through for wins. If you continue to play poorly eventually your luck will run out. Tonight it did
3. We won't win the Flag this year.

MrMahatma
23-07-2016, 11:29 PM
1. Injuries just suck so bad. A loss hurts this year, but tonight hurt next year.
2. Our forward line is pus. We can't keep going the way we are. There's little class, and no system.
3. Suckling is reading his own press. Use it well. Stop trying to be a hero with every possession.

1eyedog
24-07-2016, 12:03 AM
1-2, 1-2, 2-3

Can you hear at the back? OK three things you have learned.

I'm the MC called ICE-T

1. JJ is actually a really good defensive player.

2. Suckers tried hard and did some good things but he needs to put the impossible on the back burner.

3. I'm starting to wonder about Gia, I really am.

SonofScray
24-07-2016, 12:11 AM
1. If you play poorly long enough, eventually you'll get rolled.

2. It is incredibly difficult to hold back the tide with so many blokes injured, or playing under duress. Thought the game would blow out in the last 15 minutes, but it just stalled.

3. God hates us. Allah despises us. Buddha wags his finger in disgust. The Flying Spaghetti Monster dunes on our tears and hopelessness.

bornadog
24-07-2016, 12:15 AM
1. I learnt after winning in Cairns for the past three years, we have lost the week after.

2. I learnt not to feel so complacent and think we can win games against teams outside the 8

3. I learnt Suckling is not a backman.

bulldogtragic
24-07-2016, 12:16 AM
4. We need two rucks. Even more so with Redders going down. If Roughy hs to go to defence, Boyd hs to ruck ND we have no forwards to kick it to (not that we do that part well now).

always right
24-07-2016, 12:18 AM
We are fricken cursed.
Suckling not only buggers up the impossible. Now he doesn't even do the basics.
I'm really depressed.

anfo27
24-07-2016, 12:22 AM
1. Playing a home game against the Saints leads to disaster. Must request to the AFL please no more home games against them.

2. Suckling sucks!!!

3. We are cursed. Adelaide get no injuries and we can't get through a game without one.

Feel as low as shark droppings tonight.

AndrewP6
24-07-2016, 01:49 AM
1. We need a coaches shake up. Sorry Gia, it's not us, it's you. Someone has to take the fall.
2. Footy f#]?!* sucks.

I can't think of a third thing.

Remi Moses
24-07-2016, 02:36 AM
1. Footy gods can go and get well and truly f*****
2. Kicking into the 50 and the work of the players inside 50 has to get better.
3. I think we're a bottom of the eight side, and tonight sought of showed it.

Sedat
24-07-2016, 09:05 AM
1. If you play poorly long enough, eventually you'll get rolled.
Yep, we got what was coming to us tonight, from a result perspectice at least - no teams or individuals deserve what we copped on the injury front last night.

Ghost Dog
24-07-2016, 10:48 AM
1. Footy gods can go and get well and truly f*****
2. Kicking into the 50 and the work of the players inside 50 has to get better.
3. I think we're a bottom of the eight side, and tonight sought of showed it.

1. Factoring in all our injuries, yes I agree with point 3 Remi.
2. Bulldogs never throw in the towel, and neither should their supporters!!. Finals awaits and we have to believe we can win it.
3. We always lose after a GC game. We have beaten Saints a fair few times over the last few years. It was just our turn.

ratsmac
24-07-2016, 11:00 AM
I learned that....

1. Was Bevo out coached or players don't listen, I dunno, but leaving a player like Jack Stevens with no tag when he is cutting us up is a recipe for disaster. It's not the first time that Bevo refuses to tag and we are getting destroyed by one player.

2. The comp is very even and if you only have half a team switched on you'll get found out. StKilda came in with a mindset to win at all costs while we seemed to think it will just happen by itself. Too much left to too few.

3. Our forward line is as dysfunctional as I have ever seen it. Slower ball movement this season compared to last season has resulted in less goals against but less goals for. We seem to always be kicking into a flooded forward line.

westbulldog
24-07-2016, 11:43 AM
We will hopefully end up with 15 wins which is a fine season.
One wonders what might have been without the shocking run of injuries.
The forward line is dysfunctional atm.

GVGjr
24-07-2016, 11:47 AM
2. Bulldogs never throw in the towel, and neither should their supporters!!. Finals awaits and we have to believe we can win it.

Excellent point. If we expect the players to never drop the head then even as supporters we need to follow that attribute.

bornadog
24-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Excellent point. If we expect the players to never drop the head then even as supporters we need to follow that attribute.

Agree. After the game lots of posters are angry (every right), and write things probably on emotion, but we will all stick by the club like we have for many years.

I am expecting the boys to really bounce back next week. Bevo is very good at motivating the players, and I have every confidence he will.

EasternWest
24-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Agree. After the game lots of posters are angry (every right), and write things probably on emotion, but we will all stick by the club like we have for many years.

I am expecting the boys to really bounce back next week. Bevo is very good at motivating the players, and I have every confidence he will.

It's almost the most frustrating bit. Our players never give up, even when playing poorly. It'd almost be easier to swallow if they did drop their bundle - then we could have a real target for our frustrations.

Remi Moses
24-07-2016, 12:25 PM
It just shows how significant luck with injuries is, and is going to be to future success.
Pretty important the club pick themselves up and focus on the rest of the season.

LostDoggy
24-07-2016, 12:32 PM
1 - Cairns needs to go. We were flat, just like previous years after playing there. I'm all for making money but it could cost us a flag.

2 - We cannot win the flag this year. Up until now with key players returning I still held hope.. But not anymore.

3 - I'm really going to struggle to get up for next week.

soupman
24-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Supporting this club is bullshit. Seriously WTF will we ever catch a break? Before tonight I thought we were a sneaky shot at the Grand Final and a flag. And despite the mountain of injuries we have had to overcome already (and almost look like we were going to come out the other side from) we add two more to the list and absolutely terrible ones at that. Unbelievable.

Our forward line line and delivery to it remains inept. For all the media talk of how we are a "sexy" side we are possibly the mot unenjoyable side to watch go forward because everything we do is so dumb and such a low percentage play. How are we still relying on sheer quantity of forward moves this late in the system with no obvious system to speak of?

I'm really starting to question our medical staff. The Smith incident last year was poor, and Redpath this time around appeared to be pretty much the same thing. If it truely was unrelated and unforseeable fair enough, but from the outside looking in it looks very dodgy and very worthy of the criticism it will cop.

LostDoggy
25-07-2016, 06:06 PM
1.Injuries this year have absolutely cruelled our year to what could have been.
2.I hate Shit.Kilda supporters more then their club.
3.No one in our forward half make strong leads towards our attacking mids.

Bulldog4life
26-07-2016, 08:23 PM
1. The St.Kilda supporter who sat in front of me was an idiot
2. An argument between him and me proved I still have fire in the belly.
3. I am not losing faith in our group but we do need to improve our entries asap if we are going to challenge this year

Twodogs
26-07-2016, 09:49 PM
1. St Kilda have officially moved past Richmond as my most hated club.
2. You don't have to be dead to be stiff.
3. I learned that I think we will beat Geelong on Friday night.