PDA

View Full Version : Wishing Mitch Well

Eastdog
24-07-2016, 02:55 AM
I would just like to wish Mitch well on his road to recovery. I didn't see it very well at the match but watching it on the highlights when I got home that looked nasty and no player should have to go through that.

I also liked to wish Jack and Dale well also and all our players who are currently on the injury list well on their road back to playing footy.

merantau
24-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Yes, all the best for full recoveries and successful returns to the team in 2017.

bornadog
24-07-2016, 11:55 AM
and Redpath, who has worked his guts off to become an AFL player after having two knee recos before starting his AFL career. This is a big blow to him and realistically, probably won't be back till he is 27 years old, so will have to work even harder.

Remi Moses
24-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Good luck to both lads .

bornadog
24-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Ex-star tells Wallis not to rush recovery (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-07-24/nathan-brown-cautions-mitch-wallis-not-to-rush-recovery-from-broken-leg)
FORMER Richmond and Western Bulldogs star Nathan Brown has cautioned Mitch Wallis, who broke both bones in his leg during the Dogs' loss on Saturday night, to not rush his recovery.

Wallis fractured his tibia and fibula in a sickening moment at Etihad Stadium, where he accidentally kicked his left leg while being tackled by Shane Savage.

Brown broke the same two bones while playing for Richmond in round 10 of the 2005 season.

He returned in round one of the following season but says he "came back too early.

"The only thing I'd say to Mitch Wallis is you're a young kid, you've got a lot of time. Don't try and rush it," Brown told the Nine Network on Sunday.

"Everybody told me not to rush it. I did and I was probably never the same player."

Many of Wallis' teammates were crying in their change rooms on Saturday when the 23-year-old screamed in agony as he was taken to hospital.

Brown backed Wallis to return to his best.

"He's a tough kid. He comes from a good family and I think he'll be right," he said.

But the two-time All Australian added there would be some long and very frustrating nights ahead.

"Hospital is the easy part ... when you get home that's the real hard part," Brown said.

"Because you can't move your leg, you can't put it down anywhere. You can't lift it up.

"So you're in bed for probably the next two weeks. I remember every night for probably two or three weeks, just sweating profusely during the night because of the painkillers.

"You just lay there in a wet bed."

Brown recalled the initial feeling was "unbelievable pain, you think the world is going to end.

"Then it just subsides for a little bit ... and it's almost like shock takes over your body," he said.

Brown, who played 137 of his 219 games with the Bulldogs, planned on contacting Wallis when the time was right.

"He's got bigger thing to worry about (than football) at the moment," he said.

"But if he needs any support or any advice - he's (also) got Jake Stringer, who has done exactly the same thing, and Dale Morris."

FrediKanoute
24-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Hang in there Mitch. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Take your time!

Go_Dogs
24-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Absolutely gutted for Mitch. Football can be a cruel sport.

Here's hoping the surgery goes well and he tackles his rehab with the diligence we've come to expect from Wally.

Ozza
24-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Devastating for Mitch - really horrifying account from Tim Hodges of ABC (who was quite amazing in conveying the scene). Really upsetting. I hope he's in a far better place post surgery today.

Saw a 5 second grab of Redpath speaking to a reporter today, on crutches.

Fantastic attitude. Along the lines of "I've done 2 before - I'll be back. It's a great club, great support - and the boys have got finals to play so I'll be staying 'up' for that."

merantau
25-07-2016, 12:02 AM
Devastating for Mitch - really horrifying account from Tim Hodges of ABC (who was quite amazing in conveying the scene). Really upsetting. I hope he's in a far better place post surgery today.

Fantastic attitude. Along the lines of "I've done 2 before - I'll be back. It's a great club, great support - and the boys have got finals to play so I'll be staying 'up' for that."

Love Big Jack's attitude. He has shown me enough this year to convince me he's an AFL footballer. Looking forward to seeing him back. When we get our delivery sorted he and Tom Boyd will be a formidable duo.

merantau
25-07-2016, 12:03 AM

Love Big Jack's attitude. He has shown me enough this year to convince me he's an AFL footballer. Looking forward to seeing him back. When we get our delivery sorted he and Tom Boyd will be a formidable duo.

Bulldog Revolution
25-07-2016, 08:29 AM

He's also shown why his teammates value him - reportedly a terrific guy, who is all about the team

F'scary
25-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Get well soon, Mitch. And Big Red.

bornadog
25-07-2016, 12:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoLEJMmVMAAerLA.jpg

Mofra
25-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Horrible injury - he'll be back.
After Morris we have experience in dealing with similar breaks. Vossy did both bones too as a youngster and his career turned out more than ok.

bornadog
25-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Stringer doing the same when he was 16:

https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13770401_1441829889166557_2508692903230398015_n.jpg?oh=c1188 80991c399018ad3b5fcd896968e&oe=57EC1D1E

Ghost Dog
25-07-2016, 04:00 PM
Ouch. I can't unsee that.

Mitch Wallis. Wishing you a speedy recovery, come back just like Jake.
We are all thinking of you mate.

bornadog
25-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Good News, surgeon believes Wally back after 9 months, so that takes us to March next year. (see story in injury thread)

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-07-2016, 04:56 PM
All the very best with your recovery Mitch.

Mofra
25-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Good News, surgeon believes Wally back after 9 months, so that takes us to March next year. (see story in injury thread)
That seems incredibly optimistic especially after seeing his photo side by side with Jake's.

comrade
25-07-2016, 06:20 PM
No need to rush it. See you in 2018 Wally, fit and firing.

LostDoggy
25-07-2016, 06:24 PM
All the best in your recovery Mitch.
Get yourself 100% Champ.
Your club needs you back.

LostDoggy
25-07-2016, 06:29 PM
and Redpath, who has worked his guts off to become an AFL player after having two knee recos before starting his AFL career. This is a big blow to him and realistically, probably won't be back till he is 27 years old, so will have to work even harder.

Redders has a fantastic attitude and he will be back.
Has been through so much already and this latest setback will only make him stronger and more determind to get back to the club,teamates and supporters that he loves and cares for so much.

Smads57
25-07-2016, 06:45 PM
Thinking of you Wally and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Bad luck Red - hope all goes well with your rehab as well.

comrade
25-07-2016, 06:53 PM
Can I request that the thread title gets changed to Mitch AND Red. Both blokes are out for a long time.

josie
25-07-2016, 07:44 PM
All the best to Wallis and Big Red in their recoveries. Hope they and Club take a conservative approach, with their long term wellbeing at the forefront.

LostDoggy
25-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Wishing good luck with your recoveries Mitch and Jack. Look forward to seeing you back in a year or so.

Eastdog
28-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Can I request that the thread title gets changed to Mitch AND Red. Both blokes are out for a long time.

Yep that would be more appropriate. One of the mods could do it.

S Coast Simon
28-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Best wishes to both men giving their all for the club. Speedy recoveries

bulldogtragic
03-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Mitch's surgeon has told the Hun that it's 12 months before Mitch can run fully again. The plate will be in for at least 6 months and he referenced Nathan Brown as an example.

So that's just to get his fitness up to top level. I dare say we may not see Mitch for the bulk of, or perhaps whole of, 2017.

The bulldog tragician
03-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Mitch's surgeon has told the Hun that it's 12 months before Mitch can run fully again. The plate will be in for at least 6 months and he referenced Nathan Brown as an example.

So that's just to get his fitness up to top level. I dare say we may not see Mitch for the bulk of, or perhaps whole of, 2017.

That really REALLY sucks.

Ghost Dog
04-08-2016, 12:03 AM
I don't really read the Hun, so thanks for this. Such a disappointment for the young bloke and us. Get behind Mitch.

Throughandthrough
04-08-2016, 01:13 AM
Someone told me that mitch may never fully recover. I hope they are wrong.

Remi Moses
04-08-2016, 03:22 AM
Mitch sounds very positive
6 weeks on crutches, then 6 weeks in a revolutionary moonboot.
Walking , then running in the new year

bornadog
04-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Injured Western Bulldogs midfielder Mitch Wallis relives ‘horrendous’ broken leg incident on AFL 360 (http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/injured-western-bulldogs-midfielder-mitch-wallis-relives-horrendous-broken-leg-incident-on-afl-360/news-story/881a02e7d547852a1f029264bd371c84)

BEFORE injured Western Bulldogs midfielder Mitch Wallis can look forward, he has chosen to look back.

Wallis suffered a graphic broken leg a fortnight ago against St Kilda in an incident that saw teammates weeping uncontrollably in the rooms and the tough 23-year-old screaming in agony.

Speaking for the first time about the incident to AFL 360, Wallis revealed he knew just how bad it was as soon as it occurred.

“I knew how severe it was when I did it, I looked down and my leg was pointing the wrong way,” he said.

While the break was already incredibly unfortunate, it was made worse by the fact that Wallis had to battle without working pain relief for a period before heading into hospital.

“People talk of it as if it was a blur, but it wasn’t really a blur for me,” he said.
“I had some pain relief but it wasn’t really working. There was so much pain and I was quite vocal.

“Going into the rooms you see your parents and my girlfriend was there as well, you get a little bit of comfort when you see them and they know that you’re OK.

“It’s not the end of the world but just going there, cutting the boot off, cutting the sock off and then cutting the tape was horrendous.”
But after successfully going under the knife 10 days ago, Wallis says his surgeon is satisfied with his early progress.

“He’s very happy with how the bones are aligned and how they’ve began to knit, which is a good thing,” he explained.

“They’ve put me in this CAT Walker boot which they reckon is revolutionary, which is quite nice although that remains to be seen.

“I’ll go into the club later this week to meet with the rehab staff and get a program together.”
Wallis is expected to miss a year of footy.

Twodogs
04-08-2016, 02:46 PM
I don't know that I like revolutionary in relation to Mitch Wallis's leg

BulldogBelle
04-08-2016, 05:45 PM
He did an interview this afternoon and talked about his injury. I suppose it will be on the news.

Bulldog Revolution
04-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Mitch will do everything he can to recover and leave no stone unturned in his rehab

Like his father before him he is a respected leader for us