PDA

View Full Version : Just an introduction

Eleanor Street
24-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Goodaye fellow doggies followers. Even though I live in the eastern burbs, I have a long family history in Footscray and with the club. At the age of 56 the doggies played in their last GF when I was 1. At times it has appeared to be a cross I have had to bare. But having said that, without the ultimate success I feel we have still been there about,s for a long time and more up than down. One of the most influential thing Luke said to the group when he took over was that the club will win a flag at some stage, there is no reason why it can't be this team. I hope that overrides the historical just falling short is good enough for the Dogs. At the game last night apart from what I have already read about some individual bad nights, the forward line is dysfunctional. There were times when we had the ball at 50 and no one led into the space. Caleb should have passed to Wal in space. Dicko should not have just bombed to a vacant forward line. The forwards were out marked by the Saints 7 times out of 10. There just seems to be no structure. It is bloody frustrating to watch. I actually think a Jarrod Grant type player next to Boyd might be better. Also the poor old defenders at times are just not tall enough. Even Marcus Adams looked short next to Buddy. What do you think?

GVGjr
24-07-2016, 03:31 PM
Welcome aboard.

Ghost Dog
24-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Hey Eleanor. Welcome to the forum. I think the forwards will perform better when its delivered a bit better.

Eastdog
24-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Hi Eleanor, welcome to woof.

Yes very frustrating last night. We have had another good season but we still have many things to work on. Our forward line absolutely agree with you - needs to be seriously looked at because the current structure/set up can't go on. Will be good to get guys like Crameri next year and Stringer back in there which right now we really need and Tom Boyd now has s big opportunity to step up there with Jack Redpath going out.

SonofScray
24-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Welcome to WOOF Eleanor Street. Famous thoroughfare and a famous Footscray surname (Peter Street!).
Enjoy the discussion as we march on through adversity to claim this year's premiership.

Ghost Dog
24-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Welcome to WOOF Eleanor Street. Famous thoroughfare and a famous Footscray surname (Peter Street!).
Enjoy the discussion as we march on through adversity to claim this year's premiership.

Love your positivity Scray.