PDA

View Full Version : Easton Wood - 100 Games v Geelong

bornadog
25-07-2016, 10:10 AM
It has taken awhile for the 26 year old to get to 100 games, after his debut in 2009. Injuries have played a major part in missing games. He has really grown under Bevo and as acting captain is doing a great job.

Congratulations to a super athlete and great footballer who gives his all to the RWB

Eastdog
25-07-2016, 10:26 AM
Well done Easton

The bulldog tragician
25-07-2016, 10:53 AM
He is super enjoyable to watch and is growing more and more into the captaincy role. Congrats Easton "Superman" Wood

comrade
25-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Congrats Easton, been a long time coming but you have become a super player and indispensable to our team.

Hope you can lead our blokes to a backs to the wall win this week. No doubt that you'll do everything you can to get us over the line.

LostDoggy
25-07-2016, 11:07 AM
It felt like we'd never see the best of Easton after all those early injuries. It's real credit to his mental strength as well as his physical attributes to see what an amazing player he has become over the last two years. Great stuff.

Murphy'sLore
25-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Hard to believe in some ways that he's only played 100 games! Congratulations Easton, never get tired of watching you play :)

EasternWest
25-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Great player that competes in the true Bulldog spirit. Seems like a good bloke too. Deserves his success.

Smads57
25-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Congrats Easton. Looking forward to your next 100 games.

LostDoggy
25-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Well done Easty on 100 games.
Hope you have an absolute belter.

josie
25-07-2016, 11:58 PM
Congrats Easton. You are a star and I will never tire of those stupendous intercept marks or the supporter's relieved cries of "Woo-o-dy!!!" when you do. I saw something special in you years ago when you played a dashing game for us against Weagles (I think we lost however your dash was very exciting). Here's hoping you play at least 100 more games in the RWB.

Scorlibo
26-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Superstar player and even better bloke. Hard to believe he's only just hitting 100 games now given the maturity of his football in the last few years.

Remi Moses
26-07-2016, 03:28 AM
Gotta admit I had my doubts on whether he was just an athlete looking at a footy career.
The early I think he destroyed more packs than anything else , and over committed often.
Been terrific with more experience, and reads the play brilliantly

LostDoggy
26-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Congratulations Easton! Cant think of a better way to celebrate than with a win on the cats home deck - lets smash em!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
26-07-2016, 12:52 PM
Hard to believe it's taken so long to reach the 100. Didn't seem like his body was going to give him the chance to have any great longevity in the game. He's been one of the significant improvers in our side this past 2 years. Well done on achieving the games milestone Easton.

ratsmac
26-07-2016, 11:44 PM
100 games only. I thought he'd played a lot more. That's actually a testament to him because he plays like a 200 game player.

Well done Woody!

merantau
27-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Absolute top liner. I knew he'd be a good 'un first time I saw him play in the pre-season comp. He had a lot of dash. Has really hit his straps in the second half of his career. Super courageous, tough and skilled, a proven game saver and a match winner too. Congratulations on your first ton; now make the second one just as good, if not better.

1eyedog
28-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Much maligned early but I stood by him. My favourite player and now one of our most important.

Go_Dogs
28-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Must've been 2009 he played the Cats late in the season and Wood (along with Cal Ward) had an impact. He took a while to build consistency in his game as he never managed to stay on the park for long patches but it's been great seeing him reach his potential. He's now captain of our club, an All Australian and Best and Fairest winner.

Well done Woody!

Mofra
28-07-2016, 10:20 AM
In 2009 was that the game he beat Stevie J? Thought that was the breakout game for him until his injury troubles continued.

He literally spent a pre-season a few years ago re-learning how to run to protect his hamstrings. VU sports science boffins made our partnership with them worthwhile now Easton gets an injury-free run at footy and dominates.

EasternWest
28-07-2016, 10:33 AM
In 2009 was that the game he beat Stevie J? Thought that was the breakout game for him until his injury troubles continued.

He literally spent a pre-season a few years ago re-learning how to run to protect his hamstrings. VU sports science boffins made our partnership with them worthwhile now Easton gets an injury-free run at footy and dominates.

I remember he had a blistering game against the Pies before getting injured in the third or fourth quarter, can't remember what year. I remember the general perception of his future shifting after that game.

Ozza
28-07-2016, 11:31 PM
I remember he had a blistering game against the Pies before getting injured in the third or fourth quarter, can't remember what year. I remember the general perception of his future shifting after that game.

Yep - spot on. Against the Pies early-mid 2012 he showed he could play - then injuries killed off a lot of the rest of that year, and nearly all of 2013. 2014 was his first (basically) full year - and he was given the opportunity to get continuity in the senior team. Once he got that continuity in '14 - he started to make better decisions about when to fly and when not to (he was a shocker for fly when he shouldn't have previously) and has become Dale Morris like with his ability to read the footy now (plus athleticism).

He's a beauty.

EasternWest
29-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Yep - spot on. Against the Pies early-mid 2012 he showed he could play - then injuries killed off a lot of the rest of that year, and nearly all of 2013. 2014 was his first (basically) full year - and he was given the opportunity to get continuity in the senior team. Once he got that continuity in '14 - he started to make better decisions about when to fly and when not to (he was a shocker for fly when he shouldn't have previously) and has become Dale Morris like with his ability to read the footy now (plus athleticism).

He's a beauty.

Thanks Ozza, I knew I wasn't going mad.

Go_Dogs
29-07-2016, 11:31 AM

Yep, that's the one. I remember leaving the ground that night thinking we'd picked an absolute beauty, didn't realise we just had to wait another 4/5 years for him to delivery it consistently.

Also recall that Collingwood game EW and Ozza have mentioned, he was on fire early that night.

boydogs
29-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Yep, that's the one. I remember leaving the ground that night thinking we'd picked an absolute beauty, didn't realise we just had to wait another 4/5 years for him to delivery it consistently.

Sam Reid, Jason Tutt, Brennan Stack & Andrejs Everitt had breakout games too, but didn't go on with it as was expected

Plenty had lost faith in Easton well before he got a good run at it

Ghost Dog
06-08-2016, 06:33 PM
After Easton started seeing a sports psych it all began to come together for him. Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/easton-wood-shaun-higgins-credit-injuryfree-mind-coach-with-careerbest-seasons/news-story/5c7bb08a3ae2fad5ed26576fdf6bc0fc) here

bornadog
06-08-2016, 06:35 PM
After Easton started seeing a sports psych it all began to come together for him. Link (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/easton-wood-shaun-higgins-credit-injuryfree-mind-coach-with-careerbest-seasons/news-story/5c7bb08a3ae2fad5ed26576fdf6bc0fc) here

Old article previously discussed on the forum some 9 months ago.

Ghost Dog
06-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Old article previously discussed on the forum some 9 months ago.

Some people may not have read it. Are you a moderator? I'll repost articles if I think they are appropriate. There are new people joining the forum all the time.