PDA

View Full Version : Dogs v Freo Scheduled for last match of round 23.

LostDoggy
26-07-2016, 05:29 PM
This could be very handy for us knowing if we have to win, can rest players etc etc

bornadog
26-07-2016, 05:31 PM
This could be very handy for us knowing if we have to win, can rest players etc etc

We have a week off anyway before the finals.

chef
26-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Good news getting a 7 day break between 22 and 23.

LostDoggy
26-07-2016, 05:51 PM
I was talking more about the actual Freo game BAD. We will know all the results of the weekend and whether the Freo game actually means anything in terms of ladder position.

1eyedog
26-07-2016, 05:57 PM
I hope Pav retires after the West Coke game. The last thing we need is them getting a steroid injection over the retirement of their best player the week we play them.

Cyberdoggie
26-07-2016, 07:01 PM
I hope Pav retires after the West Coke game. The last thing we need is them getting a steroid injection over the retirement of their best player the week we play them.

AFL confirmed his last game will be ......(drum roll) against us.

SlimPickens
26-07-2016, 07:44 PM

Agree imagine we may have an incredibly big travelling squad. That being said, I wouldnt be resting players as 3 weeks is far too big a break between games.

Cyberdoggie
26-07-2016, 08:33 PM
Agree imagine we may have an incredibly big travelling squad. That being said, I wouldnt be resting players as 3 weeks is far too big a break between games.

We also didn't do too well last game last year in a dead rubber before our elim final.
Although the way the 8 is this year a win could be the difference between an away elimination final and a double chance.

Scraggers
26-07-2016, 10:03 PM
I'll be there !!!! Can't believe I've had to wait 23 weeks to see my team play live !!!

westdog54
26-07-2016, 10:33 PM
I thought the idea of waiting to finalise the fixture was to ensure that teams in finals contention all played as close together as possible.

And yet Essendon and Carlton play the MCG on Saturday instead of Hawthorn and Collingwood for, reasons... and Gold Coast get a plum Saturday night fixture while we're forced to work around Pav's farewell?

1eyedog
26-07-2016, 10:44 PM
AFL confirmed his last game will be ......(drum roll) against us.

It really is the year of adversity.

boydogs
26-07-2016, 10:47 PM
I thought the idea of waiting to finalise the fixture was to ensure that teams in finals contention all played as close together as possible.

And yet Essendon and Carlton play the MCG on Saturday instead of Hawthorn and Collingwood for, reasons... and Gold Coast get a plum Saturday night fixture while we're forced to work around Pav's farewell?

It used to be to try and avoid the top 8 sides playing on Sunday and getting a 5 or 6 day break before their first final
With the second bye now I'm not sure what the point of it is

bornadog
26-07-2016, 10:54 PM

Round 23 will be his last game

LostDoggy
27-07-2016, 12:14 AM

Will also know precise margin required should percentage be a factor. Could be very handy.

Bullies
27-07-2016, 09:10 AM

the club put a request into play the game on the Sunday so it gave them a 7 day break after Round 22.

The Pie Man
27-07-2016, 11:34 AM
We also didn't do too well last game last year in a dead rubber before our elim final.
Although the way the 8 is this year a win could be the difference between an away elimination final and a double chance.

That wasn't a dead rubber at the start of the game - we were very lucky Geelong did us a favor in seeing Steve Johnson (+ Stokes & Kelly) off in style or we would've been travelling to Adelaide the next week (and that game was live at first bounce @ the Gabba, so the players had no idea)

Have a feeling we'll need a win r23 to secure a home final.