PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Round 21 2016 vs Collingwood

Eastdog
30-07-2016, 03:44 PM
If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 21 2016 match against Collingwood at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
06-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Our last home game for the home and away season. Who comes in for this Friday night blockbuster?

bulldogtragic
06-08-2016, 11:08 PM
Ins from: Suckling, McLean

Outs: Smith (only if injured), Cordy (only is suspended, not sure he will be)

westbulldog
07-08-2016, 12:01 AM
With a game next Friday, we may be inclined to give Clay a rest, if so Suckling in.

azabob
07-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Ins from: Suckling, McLean

Outs: Smith (only if injured), Cordy (only is suspended, not sure he will be)

So otherwise no change unless forced?

What did Cordy do?

bulldogtragic
07-08-2016, 12:12 AM
So otherwise no change unless forced?

What did Cordy do?

Not sure exactly. BT was banging on about Cordy dishing a few head high contacts in the mellee.

Rance Fan
07-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Out Stringer
In Mclean

Ghost Dog
07-08-2016, 12:21 AM
With Libba and Mitch out, and Clay likely to take a rest, we will need some inside pep. Will be watching the VFL with interest.

GVGjr
07-08-2016, 12:32 AM
With Libba and Mitch out, and Clay likely to take a rest, we will need some inside pep. Will be watching the VFL with interest.

Pretty sure Bevo thinks he will be good to go.

bulldogtragic
07-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Bevo: Clay will be fine. Suckling likely next week too. McLean coming back via VFL. Two weeks for Adams & Campbell, probably through VFL.

The Underdog
07-08-2016, 12:48 AM
Out Stringer
In Mclean

Yeah, nah

Rocco Jones
07-08-2016, 01:19 AM
In- Suckling
Out- Dunkley

Think 5 day break for McLean makes it hard. He has to play go get himself right too.

LostDoggy
07-08-2016, 09:58 AM
In- Suckling
Out- Dunkley

Think 5 day break for McLean makes it hard. He has to play go get himself right too.

Why Dunks Rocco? I thought he was great. Id like suckling in as well but not sure who leaves. Maybe Hamling (who was good too).

Interesting if Stevens has a vfl blinder too.

azabob
07-08-2016, 10:07 AM
Not sure exactly. BT was banging on about Cordy dishing a few head high contacts in the mellee.

Ah ok, i couldn't see the finer details of the mellee.

After such a strong and disciplined game hard to drop anyone.

1eyedog
07-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Ah ok, i couldn't see the finer details of the mellee.

After such a strong and disciplined game hard to drop anyone.

agreed no changes unless forced

If we beat the Pies and all play well it will be interesting to see where Adams and Suckling fit. Hamling was very good last night.

SlimPickens
07-08-2016, 11:00 AM
agreed no changes unless forced

If we beat the Pies and all play well it will be interesting to see where Adams and Suckling fit. Hamling was very good last night.

Spec hasn't played for 5 weeks, will have to come back via the VFL.

1eyedog
07-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Spec hasn't played for 5 weeks, will have to come back via the VFL.

Yeah so Hamling gets another chance.

jeemak
07-08-2016, 11:27 AM
I think we might see Suckling for Webb or Smith (if rested) as the only change. He and JJ swapping between higher and lower roles throughout the evening.

We can't afford to drop a tall from defence given Collingwood will hall Cloke, White and Cox to deal with.

Ghost Dog
07-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Bevo jokes in the presser that Suckling might not get a game, but I had that in the back of my mind watching general play last night.

jeemak
07-08-2016, 11:44 AM
I took that as tongue in cheek, as I think he'll be pretty eager to get the experience into the side.

Rocco Jones
07-08-2016, 11:57 AM
I think Suckling's issues came from playing hurt.

On Adams- I don't think we are typical in bringing players back via VFL or not. For us it seems more about proving your fitness on the track, proving you can run out a game at AFL level.

Rocco Jones
07-08-2016, 12:02 PM
Why Dunks Rocco? I thought he was great. Id like suckling in as well but not sure who leaves. Maybe Hamling (who was good too).

Interesting if Stevens has a vfl blinder too.

I am not sure who goes out. You're right, he was good. His foot skills can be a liability but long term he is going to have more than enough going for him.

Who else could we drop? I wouldn't want to drop a tall structurally. Hamling was fine and harsh on Cordy to be dropped playing forward/think we need a taller guy there. Hrovat didn't get a lot of it but was telling a couple of times and adds a point of difference.

azabob
07-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Suckling is best 22 when fit, his last game or two in the seniors were not at AFL standard.

His replacement last night was Webb, who to me did more than enough to keep his spot in the 22.

A case could be made for they are like for like except Webb appears at be harder at the contest.

jeemak
07-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Suckling is best 22 when fit, his last game or two in the seniors were not at AFL standard.

His replacement last night was Webb, who to me did more than enough to keep his spot in the 22.

A case could be made for they are like for like except Webb appears at be harder at the contest.

His game against the Saints was horrendous, for sure. I've never seen such high profile errors!

He wasn't fantastic against GCS but managed to get his hands on it a bit and stay involved.

I almost wonder with him whether the confines of Etihad expose his kicking a little bit. Space around the wing and half forward or back areas is closed out really easily compared to the MCG. This should mean that the other side of the ground should be more accessible more easily for a player like him though.

Webb was safe with the football yesterday and performed his role competently, though his impact was limited. What Suckling can bring to the table when on-song probably tips him ahead in my view.

Stefcep
07-08-2016, 01:45 PM
His game against the Saints was horrendous, for sure. I've never seen such high profile errors!

He wasn't fantastic against GCS but managed to get his hands on it a bit and stay involved.

I almost wonder with him whether the confines of Etihad expose his kicking a little bit. Space around the wing and half forward or back areas is closed out really easily compared to the MCG. This should mean that the other side of the ground should be more accessible more easily for a player like him though.

Webb was safe with the football yesterday and performed his role competently, though his impact was limited. What Suckling can bring to the table when on-song probably tips him ahead in my view.

So playing in the Grand Final should suit him.

azabob
07-08-2016, 01:55 PM

Interesting observation on Suckling's impact at Etihad V the G. He was instramental in our win against Collingwood earlier in the year at the MCG.

On Webb I think he deserves to play a couple in a row to show his worth and to have the confidence to be more aggressive with his kicking, as we all know he has the talent to break the lines with his kicking.

Not a bad problem to have (as long as we can keep players like Webb).

MrMahatma
07-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I think it'll be Suckling for Rat or Cordy or Dunkley. If Smith is ok I'd say Suckling for Dunkley. He's been good but at the end of the day we need to get the best 22 out there. Kicking ability wins out.

bornadog
07-08-2016, 06:12 PM
I think it'll be Suckling for Rat or Cordy or Dunkley. If Smith is ok I'd say Suckling for Dunkley. He's been good but at the end of the day we need to get the best 22 out there. Kicking ability wins out.

Wouldn't be surprised if Smith is rested. Concussion is taken more seriously these days.

In: Suckling
Out: Smith

LostDoggy
07-08-2016, 06:32 PM
I am not sure who goes out. You're right, he was good. His foot skills can be a liability but long term he is going to have more than enough going for him.

Who else could we drop? I wouldn't want to drop a tall structurally. Hamling was fine and harsh on Cordy to be dropped playing forward/think we need a taller guy there. Hrovat didn't get a lot of it but was telling a couple of times and adds a point of difference.

Haha, yes who goes out? Jong has been my go to guy for a while but he was manic for two and a half qtrs, really sttood up for Bont too. If Smith stays in and Suckling comes in its out of Rat, Hamling, Cordy, Dunks and Webb. All would be stiff.

What about Toby and Koby? This is getting tough!

Smads57
07-08-2016, 07:00 PM
Watched the VFL side play today and I don't think Toby or Koby did anything that suggests they must be played this week. I'd be more inclined to keep the side as is unless Smith needs to be rested.

In Suckling
Out Smith (if he needs to be rested)

else No Change.

Templeton31
07-08-2016, 08:35 PM
With a game next Friday, we may be inclined to give Clay a rest, if so Suckling in.

Clay had a rest last night. Only played a quarter so physically had a rest, assuming concussion is ok.

Templeton31
07-08-2016, 08:37 PM
In: Big Will
Out: Zaine Cordy

Will and Roughy share rucking role and deep forward. Tom plays CHF role and deep forward. If McLean had played ok in VFL would've suggested bringing him in instead. Either way Zaine is not a forward.

Ghost Dog
07-08-2016, 11:37 PM

Will and Roughy share rucking role and deep forward. Tom plays CHF role and deep forward. If McLean had played ok in VFL would've suggested bringing him in instead. Either way Zaine is not a forward.

Cordy has a lot of confidence and pep. He's bloody tall. I'd love to see them try it.

EasternWest
07-08-2016, 11:37 PM

No way Cordy goes out.

bornadog
08-08-2016, 12:19 AM
Cordy has a lot of confidence and pep. He's bloody tall. I'd love to see them try it.
Cordy is shorter than Bont

Ozza
08-08-2016, 12:24 AM
Out Stringer
In Mclean

hahahahahah.

I love the obligatory "drop Stringer" call that comes when he has a quiet night.
Never going to happen. Ever. Let it go.
You don't drop your match winners.

Ozza
08-08-2016, 12:28 AM
Webb would be extremely unlucky to be dropped. He was really impressive in the midfield last night I thought. Brought a hardness to 'inside' that we hadn't seen yet from him (due to playing different roles). With Libba and Macrae out for a while - Webb may well get a solid run at playing as the midfielder they have been preparing him to be in the VFL.

S Coast Simon
08-08-2016, 02:28 AM
In today's football there is different standards for health preservation. Clay can't play next week going on today's guide lines. Stumbling when you stand up is a big enough head knock to miss a week.
In Suckling
Out Smith

ps I think Cordy is going to be an excellent back man in the Morris mould. Is not a forward but might be getting educated in the forward art.

Loved the the hardness of Webb. A couple of times when he tackled someone you could see it hurt him but he grit his teeth and held on strong. Love what the coaches are doing teaching him the Luke Hodge way to play the game.

strebla
08-08-2016, 03:36 AM
One thing we all need to remember here is that Footscray has a bye.no change for me unless Clay doesn't come up if so bring in Suckling.

Mantis
08-08-2016, 06:10 AM
hahahahahah.

I love the obligatory "drop Stringer" call that comes when he has a quiet night.

But he clearly isn't right ( with regards to the shoulder).. If 1 week or 4 weeks off gives him a better chance of performing in the finals then we do it.

ledge
08-08-2016, 06:28 AM
I didn't see any shoulder problem , at one stage he took on three players and only got caught by the last one when he dropped the ball , he roamed the ground and picked up possessions then went forward presented three times in the last and missed two , if he kicked all three we would be praising him no end.
Sometimes you kick them sometimes you don't , prefer him on the run though.

Mantis
08-08-2016, 08:14 AM
I didn't see any shoulder problem , at one stage he took on three players and only got caught by the last one when he dropped the ball , he roamed the ground and picked up possessions then went forward presented three times in the last and missed two , if he kicked all three we would be praising him no end.
Sometimes you kick them sometimes you don't , prefer him on the run though.

From what I saw every time he was involved in a scuffle he was only using the one arm to drag an opponent away.. Agree that he could've had a real impact on the last qtr if he kicked straight, but he didn't and as such his performance was poor.

Do I want him in my finals team, of course, but playing like he did the other night isn't helping us win games.

comrade
08-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Re: Stringer

I'd play him this week. It's a tricky fixture and Stringer at the very least keeps a defender occupied and gets on the end of one or two scoring chains. That's at a minimum.

I would then rest him against Essendon and Freo. We'll have a few coming back through these weeks and both teams have put the cue in the rack.

That gives Stringer 3 weeks to recuperate including the bye prior to finals.

soupman
08-08-2016, 08:41 AM
I too think Stringer probably isn't doing enough but doubt the coaches would even consider resting him.

Atm he is still good for two goals a game and takes the best defender so even injured he adds a lot to the side, especially when you consider his replacement is very unlikely to have that positive an impact on our forwardline (although Mclean would contribute some goals). Add in the potential bonus of 5 minutes of Stringer magic breaking open the gam and he is probably worth playing even at his diminished capacity as long as it doesn't make his injury worse. I just wish he would try and do some simpler things like present at the ball carrier.

Mofra
08-08-2016, 02:49 PM
Cordy is shorter than Bont
Cordy is taller than Hamling. It was noticeable on the ground and in the changerooms.

Nuggety Back Pocket
08-08-2016, 03:36 PM
From what I saw every time he was involved in a scuffle he was only using the one arm to drag an opponent away.. Agree that he could've had a real impact on the last qtr if he kicked straight, but he didn't and as such his performance was poor.

Do I want him in my finals team, of course, but playing like he did the other night isn't helping us win games.
Stringer hasn't played well for most of the year. Under instruction tends to spend a lot of time out of the forward line which restricts his goal kicking chances. When Libba Macrae and Wallis eventually return to the midfield hopefully it will see Jake spend more time deep in attack where he is at his most dangerous.

bornadog
08-08-2016, 03:45 PM
Cordy is taller than Hamling. It was noticeable on the ground and in the changerooms.

Must have grown as BIO incorrect. Hamling listed as 194

Mofra
08-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Must have grown as BIO incorrect. Hamling listed as 194
We were talking about it at the game - dad walked past Cordy at Barkers café too and said he looked much taller than expected, Roberts' height.
Given Ayce ended up at 204cm I'm not surprised Zaine has grown since drafted.

ledge
08-08-2016, 03:56 PM
Zaine is going to be an exceptional player, he reads the ball well in defence and is confident enough to go forward and present/ kick goals.
The worry I have is , will his body let him, has that Cordy skinny trait.

Mofra
08-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Zaine is going to be an exceptional player, he reads the ball well in defence and is confident enough to go forward and present/ kick goals.
The worry I have is , will his body let him, has that Cordy skinny trait.
He seems a little wider in the shoulders than Hamling.
TBH I'm more happy with the way he spoils and attacks the football, has some real mongrel about him - we need that.

ledge
08-08-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm Going to look at this at a playing Collingwood point of view.
No Moore,no fasolo. Cloke, White and Cox ? Our backline will destroy that lot . I would keep the same team, White runs around in a circle, once in a while the ball actually falls in the circle when he is at that point. Cox will just lead out of the square and Cloke will play upfield.
I tend to wonder that whoever is kicking their goals in the seconds will come in ,they have won 9 (?) In a row, must be someone kicking goals.
They will rely on Sidebottom a lot not sure he will get much of it the way Wood comes across and takes marks and Boyd reads the play before it gets down there. Also Morris should have his number by a country mile.
I can see Boyd and STringer kicking a few this week. Their backline is a mess. especially on the turn over.
Pendlebury is out also isn't he ?

The Bulldogs Bite
08-08-2016, 04:25 PM
Moore might be back.

G-Mo77
08-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Pendlebury is out also isn't he ?

Seeing him struggle to walk on Friday night I'd say yes. Stranger things have happened though.

bornadog
08-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Seeing him struggle to walk on Friday night I'd say yes. Stranger things have happened though.

I think he will miss a couple of matches.

G-Mo77
08-08-2016, 04:41 PM
I think he will miss a couple of matches.

1 week will do. I'll need him for the Prelim in Supercoach. I have the week off.

EasternWest
08-08-2016, 04:53 PM
hahahahahah.

I don't think it's about that.

Stringer just doesn't look right. He doesn't lift his right arm unless he has to.

I'd be happy to rest him, hopefully get his shoulder right for finals.

FWIW I thought he was ok Saturday night. Not much impact but tried to stay involved, he's just clearly hampered.

LostDoggy
08-08-2016, 04:57 PM
I think Suckling will come back in, if Smith is right to go then It's really hard to pick who comes out..

I would be willing to drop a tall for Suckling and go smaller against Cox, White, Cloke (maybe Moore) and run rings around them once the ball hits the deck, however Hamling or Roberts don't deserve to be dropped after Saturday night.

Cordy is the possible choice, but he's been playing that role up forward which we probably need. Someone with some size to help out Boyd and when Boyd is rucking having at least a target to kick too.

Dunkley, Webb or Hrovat would be incredibly stiff.

You know your list is in pretty good shape when you have 8 or 9 best 22 players currently out of the side and your not sure who to drop when 1 of them is coming back in...

Ozza
09-08-2016, 12:29 AM

Stringer just doesn't look right. He doesn't lift his right arm unless he has to.

FWIW I thought he was ok Saturday night. Not much impact but tried to stay involved, he's just clearly hampered.

That's assuming that a week or two off will make a difference to how it will feel in finals.
I don't know a lot about AC injuries - perhaps the likes of Slimpickens can provide some expert insight into these types of injuries - but following Stringer getting the injury, a couple of ex-players in the media made comments along the lines of that 'he will just have to put up with being sore until the end of the season with that type of injury'. They wouldn't be playing him if he was going to do more damage (I wouldn't think).

He had 4 shots on goal on Saturday night in a game where forwards were all inneffective. We are a better chance of winning with him out there. And we need to keep winning.

stefoid
09-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Webb would be extremely unlucky to be dropped. He was really impressive in the midfield last night I thought. Brought a hardness to 'inside' that we hadn't seen yet from him (due to playing different roles). With Libba and Macrae out for a while - Webb may well get a solid run at playing as the midfielder they have been preparing him to be in the VFL.

Not only that, he got 7 or 8 kicks which is his main POD from our other mids. Thats more kicks than his last 3 games combined.

1eyedog
09-08-2016, 12:13 PM

Given our extremely conservative approach to injuries this season I'd doubt he's playing under duress. He may not be 100% but few are. He's still subject to considerable form fluctuations from game to game and if he had of busted through that last North player and goaled no-one would be questioning him. His best is off the charts but his worst is ok too because he still has the ability to get off the chain and kick vital goals in vital minutes. He needs to close the gap though no doubt.

Mofra
09-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Collingwood's forwards laid 1 tackle for the first three quarters last weekend. Deplorable.
They'll ramp up their effort against us but we should be able to rebound hard enough to cut them up.

KT31
09-08-2016, 12:46 PM

Cordy looks taller than Bonts as well if you look at the 3.25 mark on the video when they celebrated The Bonts goal.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-08-06/highlights-dogs-v-roos-rd20

1eyedog
09-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Cordy looks taller than Bonts as well if you look at the 3.25 mark on the video when they celebrated The Bonts goal.

Yeah Cordy must be around 195-196 then.

hujsh
09-08-2016, 01:46 PM
A handy height to be for a KPD. Might be our tallest defender if we play Adams and Hurley next year.

Mofra
09-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Yeah Cordy must be around 195-196 then.
Didn't someone at the club say Cordy grew 2-3 cms in his first year?
My old man thinks he's now the same height as Roberts.

bornadog
09-08-2016, 05:09 PM
Bevo Presser today.

Had Dunks speak to media first:

* Credit to Bevo and the coaches for having full faith and our younger players this year.
* It helped going back to the VFL to work on my game.
* Dad's pretty happy, he's just enjoying coming and watching me play with the rest of he family.
* I think playing more in the midfield last week helped. I'm just looking to continue to being a sponge and learning as much as I can.

Then Bevo

* Dunks is an impressive kid. Some of them come in mature and ready to take it in. Josh is one of those.
* His first 10 games have been full of intent. He's full of beans and really keen to learn, so we're really happy to have him.
* We knew he was gifted in different ways but as a prospect for our football club, the future is really bright.
* It heightens our belief when you have a victory against an experienced side like North. To see our players execute is a credit to the 22.
* We've been so enthused with what Jordan Roughead had done on the ruck for us this year.
* The great thing about Roughy has been how resilient he's been this year.
* We think Suckling will be ok to play and Clay seems to have recovered fine. But we'll do the cog testing before making a final call.
* The next three games are important because it's important to win every week. But we'd like to nail a home final and go in with momentum

bornadog
09-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Coach also put pressure on Tom Boyd saying he is sure he will bounce back on Friday night after an ordinary game on Saturday.

bulldogtragic
09-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Pendelbury looks like an out for them. Moore may or may not play.

Ozza
09-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Bevo Presser today.

* Credit to Bevo and the coaches for having full faith and our younger players this year.
* Dad's pretty happy, he's just enjoying coming and watching me play with the rest of he family.
* I think playing more in the midfield last week helped. I'm just looking to continue to being a sponge and learning as much as I can.

Then Bevo

* Dunks is an impressive kid. Some of them come in mature and ready to take it in. Josh is one of those.
* His first 10 games have been full of intent. He's full of beans and really keen to learn, so we're really happy to have him.
* We knew he was gifted in different ways but as a prospect for our football club, the future is really bright.
* It heightens our belief when you have a victory against an experienced side like North. To see our players execute is a credit to the 22.
* We've been so enthused with what Jordan Roughead had done on the ruck for us this year.
* We think Suckling will be ok to play and Clay seems to have recovered fine. But we'll do the cog testing before making a final call.
* The next three games are important because it's important to win every week. But we'd like to nail a home final and go in with momentum

Was interesting hear Bevo make some comments around T.Boyd being held and 'not getting a run at it'.

Ozza
09-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Bevo Presser today.

Then Bevo

Was interesting hear Bevo make some comments around T.Boyd being held and 'not getting a run at it'.

Mantis
10-08-2016, 08:01 AM

Yeah, a nice subtle reminder to the whistle blowers.

LostDoggy
10-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Pleased to hear a few of the boys mention the importance of beating a high profile club on a Friday night. We haven't won any of our Friday night game this year and would be great to see us really shine on the 'big stage'.

We were really up last week and this match has the potential for us to be a bit flat off a 6 day break. The media comments I have heard reassure me that our mindset will be right on the night.

BornInDroopSt'54
10-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Pleased to hear a few of the boys mention the importance of beating a high profile club on a Friday night. We haven't won any of our Friday night game this year and would be great to see us really shine on the 'big stage'.

We were really up last week and this match has the potential for us to be a bit flat off a 6 day break. The media comments I have heard reassure me that our mindset will be right on the night.

All we need is JJ to do another running goal like on Saturday and all the little kids watching will become Bulldogs.
Selection wise, bring in McLean and the men of mayhem and see if we can avalanche goals.

bornadog
10-08-2016, 02:28 PM
All we need is JJ to do another running goal like on Saturday and all the little kids watching will become Bulldogs.
Selection wise, bring in McLean and the men of mayhem and see if we can avalanche goals.

Who would you drop? Pretty sure Suckling is close to coming back as well.

BornInDroopSt'54
10-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Who would you drop? Pretty sure Suckling is close to coming back as well.

I was thinking Clay was concussed and wouldn't play but for the weekend I'd rather McLean than Dunkley, as good as he's been, for the men of mayhem, goal kicking. However Dunkley knows how to get on the end of them too but McLean is a better mark and kick.
Even with no change, bring in the fast ball movement and fast penetration into the forward line to create goal scoring opportunities. Giansiracusa, I'm accusina youa: get a plan to exploit our many forward entries; coaches: get it in there quick and have the boys ready to read the entries and receive.

Ozza
10-08-2016, 06:21 PM
I know the doc's will go through all the normal checks and make a call on Clay's availability - but regardless of what they come back with - I hope he doesn't play.

I realise where I'm coming from is a very narrow, one-incident view. But I was knocked out once playing footy - and although I saw a doctor and he thought I was ok to play - I wasn't anywhere near as sharp once out there, and felt like I didn't have the same peripheral vision or reaction as normal.

Now that was comparably - at a poor level of footy. And these guys play a lightning fast, 360 Degree game. I just can't imagine a player being absolutely 100%, 6 days after a concussion (whether it be physically or psychologically having the 'nerve') - regardless of the testing.

ledge
10-08-2016, 10:22 PM
With Collingwoods backline I think
It's time for stringer to come on down !

boydogs
10-08-2016, 10:57 PM

http://puu.sh/qwfCk/3476f1f6e1.jpg

http://puu.sh/qsIHW/f7b166183c.jpg

kruder
10-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Nice to see Jake with a smile on his face. His body language out on the ground is of a player that looks to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. People can mention the AC and for sure its impacting him but his form has been an issue well before that. How can you be such an explosive athlete and all of a sudden avoid contact at all costs? Its a bizarre one for mine, I just cant put my finger on it. He has fast become one of my all time fav bulldog players and I've been going to the footy more since he came into the side. What ever it is I hope he can shake it soon and hopefully the finals can bring the best out of him.

LostDoggy
10-08-2016, 11:49 PM
Coasting thru home & away,
Saving himself for the Bigger stage and Ready to Explode and Unleash in the Finals ;)

bornadog
11-08-2016, 12:00 AM
Perhaps Minson comes in for our final and his final Home Game?

jeemak
11-08-2016, 01:20 AM
Nice to see Jake with a smile on his face. His body language out on the ground is of a player that looks to have the weight of the world on his shoulders. People can mention the AC and for sure its impacting him but his form has been an issue well before that. How can you be such an explosive athlete and all of a sudden avoid contact at all costs? Its a bizarre one for mine, I just cant put my finger on it. He has fast become one of my all time fav bulldog players and I've been going to the footy more since he came into the side. What ever it is I hope he can shake it soon and hopefully the finals can bring the best out of him.

He's probably playing on about three or four hours of decent sleep a night and doing his best to manage a high pressure career and an extremely young family right now, over and above his injury.

I've just turned 37 and have a responsible and high pressure job (I've been working all night tonight, and I do so regularly), but aside from that my life isn't complicated by having a child, let alone two children, yet I still find it tough sometimes. Sure, when my turn comes I'll adapt but I don't expect to be able to do so without some major impacts on my day to day routine and subsequent output.

Ghost Dog
11-08-2016, 08:57 AM
I'd say our often hap hazard manner of entering the 50 would be on his mind.

1eyedog
11-08-2016, 07:23 PM
INS: Suckers
OUTS: Morris (hammy)

GVGjr
11-08-2016, 07:24 PM
In Suckling Out Morris

GVGjr
11-08-2016, 07:25 PM
For Collingwood

In: Goldsack, Oxley, Moore, De Goey and Phillips
Out: Reid, Cloke, Williams, Crocker and Cox

G-Mo77
11-08-2016, 07:27 PM
I like the ins for Collingwood. I still have my doubts on Pendles. Reid a big out for them.

1eyedog
11-08-2016, 07:27 PM
For Collingwood

In: Goldsack, Oxley, Moore, De Goey and Phillips
Out: Reid, Cloke, Williams, Crocker and Cox

They've omitted a lot of height there and gone with runners. Goldsack will have to play tall and no Cox / Cloke lifts the pressure of Moz's injury somewhat.

Scraggers
11-08-2016, 07:34 PM
I like the ins for Collingwood. I still have my doubts on Pendles. Reid a big out for them.

Yeah, I'm the same ... The way Pendles was hobbling at the end of the game (boot in hand) I doubt he will play

bulldogtragic
11-08-2016, 07:34 PM
Yep, seeks they are going small and looking to be quick. If we can pressure their poor foot skills and hold them up, there's no real plan b for them. I can't see Pendles being at 100% if he plays.

Flamethrower
11-08-2016, 07:40 PM
Apparently Pendles and Moore trained well today, but will have to pull up well after training to be cleared to play.

Dale's ongoing hamstring niggles are a bit of a worry - best to rest for a few weeks now and get it right for September.

Remi Moses
11-08-2016, 07:40 PM
The out of Morris is nullified by Reid being out .

Eastdog
11-08-2016, 09:20 PM
In Suckling Out Morris

Sucks that Morris will miss but good to have Suckling back in the side. I hope he can have a good game.

merantau
12-08-2016, 01:38 AM
As I see it a lot of thought needs to be put in to covering Moore, who kicked 5 against us earlier on, and nullifying Sidebottom who has been in career best form over the last few weeks. We need to be primed for this game from the off and that means converting our chances early on and not letting up. We are at the business end of the season, have bigger fish to fry and it's time to embellish the statement we made last week against North.

1eyedog
12-08-2016, 06:56 AM
As I see it a lot of thought needs to be put in to covering Moore, who kicked 5 against us earlier on, and nullifying Sidebottom who has been in career best form over the last few weeks. We need to be primed for this game from the off and that means converting our chances early on and not letting up. We are at the business end of the season, have bigger fish to fry and it's time to embellish the statement we made last week against North.

Agreed Collingwood are not a bad side on paper and could catch us out if we're not on our game.

Mofra
12-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Sucks that Morris will miss but good to have Suckling back in the side. I hope he can have a good game.
I don't rate Collingwood's pressure from their forwardline on our defenders so it's the type of game Suckling should play well in.

Mantis
12-08-2016, 09:30 AM
Agreed Collingwood are not a bad side on paper and could catch us out if we're not on our game.

Their midfield is pretty strong on paper, but there isn't much to rest of the side.

If we can get enough ball we should win this one comfortably.

always right
12-08-2016, 01:40 PM
Their weakness is in defence where they have few players who can punish us by foot. If we are on our game we should be able to lock it in our forward 50 often enough to score.