PDA

View Full Version : Goal Kicking Accuracy Rankings - Current AFL Players

bulldogtragic
31-07-2016, 12:19 AM
I think we have been forced to lament some poor goal kicking this year. But I did come across these career stats just now:

Of career highest accurate goal kickers, there are 11 currently playing around 68% or higher. Lockett is regarded as the best ever because of longevity, at 69.74%. Current AFL career rankings are:

1. Tory Dickson - 73%
8. Jack Redpath - 68%
11. Tom Boyd - 68%

(190 goals, 76 behinds)

Stringer bringing the average down at lowly 65%! :D

Maybe the answer to our woes is leave these guys (less Jack at the moment) in the forward line for as long as possible and kick it to them effectively. Maybe Dickson on the wing & Tom in the ruck is not capatilising on these strengthes of theirs.

I wonder if Barrett or Leech will point out Boyd's great accuracy record anytime soon? It makes a mockery of the last few games where commentators have been talking about Tom's ball drop...

ledge
31-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Have to take into account position of shots.
I don't think i remember Tom having shots on acute angles, he seems to always be near on in front but quite a distance out , not many are from play scenarios either , stringer is a guy who tends to kick goals from seriously hard angles and with two or three players on his tail or hanging off him.
Jack and Tory do make the maximum of set shots, going on play and set shots together I would say Tory Dickson is the best we have by a mile.