Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Adelaide v Brisbane Lions Adelaide Oval 7.40pm

Sunday August 7 2016

Carlton v St Kilda MCG 1.10pm

Geelong v Essendon Etihad Stadium 3.20pm

Fremantle v West Coast Eagles Subiaco Oval 4.40pm

jeemak
05-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Hardwick's probably missed the last fifteen or so minutes of the Richmond resurgence having been otherwise occupied extracting the sharp implements that had been lodged in his back over the course of the game's opening.

Rocket Science
05-08-2016, 09:22 PM
If the Pies put them to sword it's not difficult to envisage this being the week Hardwick walks the plank.

*grabs extra large tub of popcorn*

Ghost Dog
05-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Mason Cox getting every free under the sun. Are we going soft on the imports?
It's not a bad game and hard to believe Tigers are the same side V GWS.

Doc26
05-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Pendlebury off in the last with a rolled ankle is the most interesting part of this Friday night blockbuster.
Not wishing him any ill but hopefully a handy out for us next Friday night.

Ghost Dog
05-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Hardwick will be saying 'Told you so, not that bad are we?'. But heck, they pick a strange time of the year to start coming good.

G-Mo77
05-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Pendlebury off in the last with a rolled ankle is the most interesting part of this Friday night blockbuster.

Had to be carried off after the game as well. Doubt he'll play. Great for us next week should he miss,, sucks for my SC team though.

LostDoggy
05-08-2016, 11:25 PM

Can't put any weight on it. I'd say he's no chance next week.

G-Mo77
05-08-2016, 11:36 PM
Hardwick will be saying 'Told you so, not that bad are we?'. But heck, they pick a strange time of the year to start coming good.

Is this the same richard cranium that said their round 1 over Carlton should be counted as a loss.

Ghost Dog
05-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Rance says " I understand the stature we hold in the game, so I can see why supporters put the pressure on us".
Yes Alex. If only grand finals were decided on memberships eh.

Dustin Martin's bikie mates come down to the rooms to do the hakka for him. Classy

jeemak
06-08-2016, 12:43 AM
Rance says " I understand the stature we hold in the game, so I can see why supporters put the pressure on us".
Yes Alex. If only grand finals were decided on memberships eh.

Dustin Martin's bikie mates come down to the rooms to do the hakka for him. Classy

You can't choose your parents. His Dad has been deported due to his links to OMG's but that's no Martin's fault.

Remi Moses
06-08-2016, 03:03 AM
Richmond just massacred them with uncontested marks . Collingwood don't work hard enough consistently

merantau
06-08-2016, 05:31 AM
My only interest in the game was Collingwood's unfortunate injuries. Does that make me a hard-nosed one-eyed Bulldog supporter? I guess so. Rolled ankles are not life-threatening events. He'll get over it hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Dancin' Douggy
06-08-2016, 04:00 PM
This is just so typically Richmond.
A win they can all crow about that comes too late to mean anything, against average competition.

All of a sudden the tigers are 'roaring again'. All the problems are wallpapered over. Riewoldt gets to fist pump up to the upper decks.

Richmond Richmond Richmond.

Ghost Dog
06-08-2016, 04:31 PM
A win they can all crow about that comes too late to mean anything, against average competition.

All of a sudden the tigers are 'roaring again'. All the problems are wallpapered over. Riewoldt gets to fist pump up to the upper decks.

Yes, the win papers over a lot of cracks. They have some good kids coming through, but the bulk of their list were seriously that good they wouldn't be 13th.

Hotdog60
06-08-2016, 05:14 PM
Melbourne taking up to the squawks. I think Mitchell falls under the protected species with the umpires.

westdog54
06-08-2016, 05:23 PM
If the Dees can pull this off the Top 4 gets blown wide open. Especially with Sydney giving Port a bath.

If the Hawks get up by a kick I'll lose my shit.

bulldogtragic
06-08-2016, 05:29 PM
If the Dees can pull this off the Top 4 gets blown wide open. Especially with Sydney giving Port a bath.

Looking likely!

Twodogs
06-08-2016, 05:29 PM

It comes late enough in the season to give them something to crow about all summer too.

Isn't it great caring so much about other teams games instead of being so interested in football that you're finding out about results in the paper the next day.

G-Mo77
06-08-2016, 05:38 PM

Hold your shit. They've got this.

bulldogtragic
06-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Hold your shit. They've got this.

Paul Roos should exit early on a high note.

jeemak
06-08-2016, 05:47 PM
Great win from Melbourne. The Hawks looked really lazy with their use by hand in the last quarter.

I wish we had one or two more players who could kick the footy into the forward like Watts did in the last ten minutes.

Eastdog
06-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Gives us a lot of hope. Good win by the Demons. Glad they beat those arrogant Hawks.

Remi Moses
06-08-2016, 05:51 PM
I think you might be on to something on Watts ,Jee.
Melbourne were super . Hawthorn have lost their depth

Twodogs
06-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Great win from Melbourne. The Hawks looked really lazy with their use by hand in the last quarter.

I wish we had one or two more players who could kick the footy into the forward like Watts did in the last ten minutes.

You can never have enough quality kicks in a football team. It's impossible.

It's great being brave and working hard and fantastic when everyone goes when it's their turn but if you don't have blokes who can kick it to other blokes (and lots of them) then you're wasting your time.

Ghost Dog
06-08-2016, 06:10 PM
Yep good call Jeemak. You've been behind Watts for a while and he's proved himself in the last few games. He's surprised me.
Watching the Sydney game, really pleased for Alier Alier. Little bit smaller and less powerful than Majak but looks totally at home on a footy field, composed and competent at ground level. His back story is pretty moving as well. Good on him.

Port - for a team that prides itself on its supposed toughness, their tackling has been pretty limp.
Sydney will move to first position now. Very well rounded team.
Their smaller players are tough as nails - Barker, Heney, Jack, etc.

jeemak
06-08-2016, 06:13 PM
You can never have enough quality kicks in a football team. It's impossible.

It's great being brave and working hard and fantastic when everyone goes when it's their turn but if you don't have blokes who can kick it to other blokes (and lots of them) then you're wasting your time.

I hope we've realised this and prioritise it in our recruiting.

Dale, Webb, Daniel and Williams look to be more than proficient kicks which is the right start. I'm not sure how Dunkley will mature.

jeemak
06-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Yep good call Jeemak. You've been behind Watts for a while and he's proved himself in the last few games. He's surprised me.
Watching the Sydney game, really pleased for Alier Alier. Little bit smaller and less powerful than Majak but looks totally at home on a footy field, composed and competent at ground level. His back story is pretty moving as well. Good on him.

Port - for a team that prides itself on its supposed toughness, their tackling has been pretty limp.
Sydney will move to first position now. Very well rounded team.

I know the AFL dish it out on a silver platter for Sydney, but they couldn't possibly get away with giving them eight points for today's win!

:)

Ghost Dog
06-08-2016, 06:17 PM
I know the AFL dish it out on a silver platter for Sydney, but they couldn't possibly get away with giving them eight points for today's win!

:)

Oh was I wrong? They showed a live ladder before but I may have misread it.

bornadog
06-08-2016, 06:18 PM
I hope we've realised this and prioritise it in our recruiting.

Dale, Webb, Daniel and Williams look to be more than proficient kicks which is the right start. I'm not sure how Dunkley will mature.

Dunkley can roost a ball and in general field play is pretty good, however, he is a bit erratic kicking for goal so hopefully he will improve in that area.

bornadog
06-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Oh was I wrong? They showed a live ladder before but I may have misread it.

Hawks have a bad percentage, so if they lose again, they could even drop out of the top 4

Remi Moses
06-08-2016, 06:22 PM
Knowing our luck we'll get Hawthorn in a final

bornadog
06-08-2016, 06:24 PM

I don't care who we get as long as we have a home final

Ghost Dog
06-08-2016, 06:29 PM

Bring it on. Come get some Hawks.

bornadog
06-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Come on GC!!

The Underdog
06-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Never thought I'd say this but, come on the Suns

GVGjr
06-08-2016, 07:45 PM
Blasphemy :)

bulldogtragic
06-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Tom Nicholls looks a long way off making the grade.

Twodogs
06-08-2016, 08:12 PM

My second team. I've never had a second team before.

The Underdog
06-08-2016, 08:18 PM

I'd be more partial to them if they'd won, but now i can go back to not giving a shit about them

Mantis
07-08-2016, 06:56 AM
Tom Nicholls looks a long way off making the grade.

I don't get our perceived interest in him.. He just isn't very good.

Ghost Dog
07-08-2016, 09:01 AM
On another topic. If the AFL wants two teams in Queensland it needs to assist the Lions more. These massive blow outs are bad for the game as a whole.
Gives other teams unfairly deserved percentage frankly.

KT31
07-08-2016, 11:46 AM

Footscray ?????

ledge
07-08-2016, 06:15 PM
Nicholls did his knee but continued to play according to Rocket after the game

Twodogs
07-08-2016, 11:46 PM
Footscray ?????

What makes you think that Footscray isn't my first team?

KT31
08-08-2016, 10:25 AM
What makes you think that Footscray isn't my first team?

Sorry TD, should clarify that I meant our Premiership winning VFL side.:)

Ghost Dog
08-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Sam Mitchell not getting reported is a disgrace. You can do a lot of damage with a palm strike. He pulled his arm back and slammed Watts in the face. If that's not a forceful strike what is? It shits me when just because the player is not severely injured, there is no penalty. That puts the onus on the toughness of the victim.

I'm so disillusioned with the umpiring, MRP, the AFL, the lot. Majak Daw takes 40 seconds to kick his goal. What a joke.