PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Legends & Young Guns Dinner

Eastdog
02-08-2016, 10:44 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/club/events/legends-and-young-guns

EAST-WEST CLUB - LEGENDS & YOUNG GUNS DINNER
The East-West Club Inc, the Western Bulldogs’ supporter group in Melbourne’s South-East are inviting all Bulldogs supporters to their annual dinner to be held on Thursday, 4 August 2016 at the Mulgrave Country Club in Wheelers Hill.

Young guns Josh Dunkley, Fletcher Roberts and Marcus Adams will be in attendance.

There will also be an appearance from Chief Operating Officer Michael Quinn in addition to club greats Paul Dimattina, Matthew Croft and Brian Royal.

The night promises to be a highlight on the calendar of any die-hard supporter.

Kevin Hillier host the function and it will also offer every guest the opportunity to take home some unique prizes in the raffle.

Tickets are $75 for East-West members and $80 for guests which includes a delicious three-course meal and drinks at bar prices. 

To reserve your spot, click here to download the booking form and return to the Club, or call Rhonda Caulfield on 0408 511 107.

Bookings close on Thursday, 28 July.

Event Details
When: Thursday, 4 August 2016

Time: 7:00pm for 7.30pm start

Where: Mulgrave Country Club, Wheelers Hill

Address: Cnr Wellington & Jells Roads, Wheelers Hill

Eastdog
04-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Did any woofers manage to get to the event

Bulldog4life
04-08-2016, 08:14 PM

I thought you would have Easty. Just a short drive for you.

bornadog
04-08-2016, 08:16 PM

How can they answer when it is on right now. ;)

Eastdog
04-08-2016, 08:53 PM

Yes quite right :)

bulldogtragic
04-08-2016, 08:55 PM

A hole in the space time continuum caused by Boyd's massive contract. :D

bornadog
05-08-2016, 12:02 AM
A hole in the space time continuum caused by Boyd's massive contract. :D

What was that Damien, oh I mean BT :D

bulldogtragic
05-08-2016, 12:07 AM
What was that Damien, oh I mean BT :D

Every answer in the universe comes back to that doesn't it? Except the answers on how we can keep re-signing all our players! :D

josie
05-08-2016, 09:51 AM
I attended for first time. Really fun night, really well organised. Folks very friendly and all passionate supporters. Nothing startling about new player interviews, tiny tit bit that Adams aiming for round 23 AFL return. Said hello to the still very dapper gentleman John Schulz at reception as we both were signing in. Would highly recommend the event. I was unaware how effective and generous East West Group is in raising funds for our great Club. The food was pretty good and drinks seemed reasonably priced. Standout part of night was interviews with past players. Some great stories, and recollections of games came flooding back. Crofty has not and will not watch '97 prelim. It is too painful and filled with regret. The price they pay with regard to injuries and pain still evident now made me respect these past, and present, players even more.

bornadog
05-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Thanks Josie, I must admit I have never been to this event and should have made the effort. After reading your post, I will plan to go next year

Eastdog
05-08-2016, 04:09 PM
Cheers Josie. Much appreciated.

always right
05-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Thanks Josie.....how many attended this year?

I didn't manage to make it this year...just felt like a break. Did any of the players listed to attend pull out with an injury?

Eastdog
05-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Thanks Josie, I must admit I have never been to this event and should have made the effort. After reading your post, I will plan to go next year

Will have to in future try and get along. Hopefully next year the East West training day is back in January. Would be nice to play another pre season match at WO again.

josie
05-08-2016, 10:54 PM
Thanks Josie.....how many attended this year?

I didn't manage to make it this year...just felt like a break. Did any of the players listed to attend pull out with an injury?

Guessing about 200 to 250 there. Photo of Bailey Williams was on laminated place mat, along with Adams and Dunkley who both attended, however instead of Williams, Fletcher Roberts attended. Also Monty did not attend - pity, however not sure there would have been many insights, as probably coaches keep their cards pretty close to their chest.