PDA

View Full Version : Magic Maclean

Twodogs
05-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Is it a bit surprising he didn't come straight in? I thought he'd established a spot in thr forward line that's crying out to be filled and we can usually rely on Toby foe a couple each week. With our scores lately we could do with that.

azabob
05-08-2016, 09:40 PM
I think he needs another game in the two's before being considered. But he is definitely best 22.

Hrovat has played two strong games in the VFL and deserves his shot one way or another.

SonofScray
05-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Is it a bit surprising he didn't come straight in? I thought he'd established a spot in thr forward line that's crying out to be filled and we can usually rely on Toby foe a couple each week. With our scores lately we could do with that.

I thought he was a chance to come straight back in, given his capacity to hit the scoreboard and what he added inside 50. Talking to my fellow Scragger at work and he disagreed, didn't feel he had earned that sort of respect from the selection panel yet. My baseline would align with that normally, but all things considered he improves our current 22 quite a bit if he comes in and plays well.

Eastdog
05-08-2016, 09:47 PM
I like the sound of Dahl, Dicko, Hrovat and McLean all playing together.

Twodogs
05-08-2016, 11:16 PM
I like the sound of Dahl, Dicko, Hrovat and McLean all playing together.

I like it. Some toe, some grunt, some class and some goals from all those guys.

Eastdog
05-08-2016, 11:27 PM
I like it. Some toe, some grunt, some class and some goals from all those guys.

Along with Smith, Wally, Bonti.

So we definitely have some quality forward power but we have not done enough with the ball when it is down there.

GVGjr
06-08-2016, 12:12 AM

Who would have he replaced in this weeks selections?

The Bulldogs Bite
06-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Not an auto select just yet.

Thought he showed signs of fatigue a few times during the year, but I'd definitely be getting him back after another VFL game.

Twodogs
06-08-2016, 12:50 AM
Who would have he replaced in this weeks selections?

Probably Lucas Webb knowing his luck. Dickson I would think. Although he wasn't bad last week and I'd rather he came into form in the seniors. Maybe he could have taken the spot Hrovat got?

azabob
06-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Hrovat deserves his chance after two strong performances in the VFL.

Dickson kicked three goals playing a defensive role last week so he doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Webb plays a different role to McLean and I think was bought in to add to our inside hardness.

bornadog
06-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Play well tomorrow and he will be back next week.

josie
06-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Agree with TBB. MacLean looked a little rusty on his first return VFL match, plus Hrovat and Webb were standouts. Not sure who he would replace, however imagine it would a be a wing or most likely a forward position player e.g. Dickson, Smith.

Twodogs
06-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Hrovat deserves his chance after two strong performances in the VFL.

Dickson kicked three goals playing a defensive role last week so he doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Webb plays a different role to McLean and I think was bought in to add to our inside hardness.

They played Webb in that forward role last time he played. He's played forward a lot at Footscray this season.