PDA

View Full Version : Heart, Courage and Spirit

The Bulldogs Bite
07-08-2016, 03:08 PM
It's a simple yet incredibly accurate description of our football club.

We've been decimated by some horrific injuries, yet week after week we continue to show inspiring courage and heart. The performance v Geelong was quite outstanding given everything that had happened and despite being underdogs v Norf we once again kept going back to the wall again and again and again.

No matter what happens this year, and despite the fact we still have some glaring issues (namely forward) we have amazing heart. They are a pretty special group of players led by an equally impressive coach.

It's never been better to be a Bulldogs member. Proud is an understatement.

Everyone else share in this bond of tribal unity?

Twodogs
07-08-2016, 07:38 PM
It's a simple yet incredibly accurate description of our football club.

We've been decimated by some horrific injuries, yet week after week we continue to show inspiring courage and heart. The performance v Geelong was quite outstanding given everything that had happened and despite being underdogs v Norf we once again kept going back to the wall again and again and again.

No matter what happens this year, and despite the fact we still have some glaring issues (namely forward) we have amazing heart. They are a pretty special group of players led by an equally impressive coach.

It's never been better to be a Bulldogs member. Proud is an understatement.

Everyone else share in this bond of tribal unity?

Certainly do. Never been prouder of the boys. Never been happier to be a bulldog.

We get great value from our team.

Eastdog
07-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Great post TBB. Yep so proud what we have done this year given our big injury list. We have kept fighting and that is the Bulldog way.

Mofra
07-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Our depleted VFL side beat the top of the table Williamstown as well. Same weekend.

Bodes well for next year, players playing for each other. Was amazed that Bevo threw Jong & Webb into the centre to start the second half. Setting the kids big challenges, Webb in particular played much much better than his first two AFL games this year.

bulldogtragic
07-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Ive never really described any of our given teams in my lifetime as mentally tough. Hyper skilled, successfully, 'sexy' (OK Gil used that one) but never really mentally tough. These kids have this mental toughness and a belief of it instilled from Bevo. When experience and skills rise to their mental toughness, then great things are bound to happen.

jeemak
07-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Yep. It's also a reason to why we all get so frustrated when they don't bring it like we didn't two weeks ago.

These kids are lifting our expectations week after week.

Ghost Dog
07-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Bevo seems like an extension of the playing group in a way no other coach has worked.
I watched Dahl start of the song in full gusto and laughed. These guys are feeling the vibe big time.

Great time to be a dogs supporter and just reward for those fans who have been through the hard times.

Twodogs
07-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Speaking of the club song that was one kick ass racaus version last night.

bornadog
07-08-2016, 11:51 PM
Our depleted VFL side beat the top of the table Williamstown as well. Same weekend.

Bodes well for next year, players playing for each other. Was amazed that Bevo threw Jong & Webb into the centre to start the second half. Setting the kids big challenges, Webb in particular played much much better than his first two AFL games this year.

What about the start of the last quarter when Bevo had 19 year old 10 gamer Dunkley in the centre square. Bevo gives these kids an opportunity and they take it with both hands.

The other thing I am loving is how scared everyone outside the club are becoming of us. They put on a brave face saying isn't t great the doggies are winning, but really they just want us to drop off in the finals. But we keep coming and getting stronger.

Bulldog4life
15-08-2016, 11:32 AM
What about the start of the last quarter when Bevo had 19 year old 10 gamer Dunkley in the centre square. Bevo gives these kids an opportunity and they take it with both hands.

The other thing I am loving is how scared everyone outside the club are becoming of us. They put on a brave face saying isn't t great the doggies are winning, but really they just want us to drop off in the finals. But we keep coming and getting stronger.

Probably. It is so important for the Club and players to win at least one final too this year.

Eastdog
15-08-2016, 12:22 PM
The last 3 weeks especially it has been on display and I expect that to continue. I reckon Bob is having a bit of an influence down there.

Eastdog
15-08-2016, 12:23 PM
Speaking of the club song that was one kick ass racaus version last night.

The roar from our supporters when the siren went was electric.

ledge
15-08-2016, 12:23 PM
What's the story I'm hearing they are singing other songs in the rooms as well ?

Eastdog
15-08-2016, 12:24 PM
What's the story I'm hearing they are singing other songs in the rooms as well ?

That's interesting.

ledge
15-08-2016, 05:08 PM
That's interesting.
I think it was Errol by Aussie crawl.

Ghost Dog
15-08-2016, 07:52 PM

Everyone except Geelong supporters I think. Once we regularly beat them up, our club has come of age.