Collingwood v Gold Coast Suns Etihad Stadium 7.25pm

Port Adelaide v Adelaide Adelaide Oval 7.40pm

Sunday August 21 2016

Carlton v Melbourne MCG 1.10pm

Brisbane Lions v Geelong Gabba 3.20pm

Essendon v Western Bulldogs Etihad Stadium 4.40pm

Eastdog
18-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Next year I think I'm going to just one thread for discussion of the other matches titled "AFL 2017 Discussion" so that I don't need to make a new thread each week. Will start the final series thread once we know what all what all the matches will be.

bulldogtragic
18-08-2016, 09:23 PM
Go Hawthorn! Yeah. You're awesome and I love you.

The Pie Man
19-08-2016, 02:35 PM

Really looking forward to this tonight - and yeah, share the temporary sentiment!

ledge
19-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Not looking good at all

bulldogtragic
19-08-2016, 11:23 PM

Haha, jokes on you. I didn't mean it!!

Doc26
19-08-2016, 11:35 PM
Ceglar knee injury doesn't look good for him or the Hawks. Demand for unsigned or free agent ruckman may have just increased if as suspected it is a bad diagnosis.

Dancin' Douggy
19-08-2016, 11:41 PM
It's almost criminal how much the umpires love hawthorn.

Remi Moses
19-08-2016, 11:42 PM
Blimey west coast being screwed at home? That's a first , although it's hawthorn

Doc26
19-08-2016, 11:46 PM
It's almost criminal how much the umpires love hawthorn.

Would love to be the team that knocks them out of the finals in week 1 and if not them then Geelong and if not them then GWS etc

Sedat
19-08-2016, 11:49 PM
Hawks badly exposed tonight - no guarantee to beat Collingwood next week.

Would have liked West Coke to put the foot down in the last qtr and chop a little more off the Hawthorn %

bulldogtragic
19-08-2016, 11:54 PM
Ceglar knee injury doesn't look good for him or the Hawks. Demand for unsigned or free agent ruckman may have just increased if as suspected it is a bad diagnosis.

Vickery, Minson & Zack Clarke as free agents. Jarrad Witts as a trade. Bad news for them, his development has been good over his time there.

G-Mo77
19-08-2016, 11:58 PM
Vickery, Minson & Zack Clarke as free agents. Jarrad Witts as a trade. Bad news for them, his development has been good over his time there.

Really horrible for Ceglar. He's missed every GF of Hawthorn's and by the looks of it will miss their entire finals campaign as well as most of 2017.

Doc26
19-08-2016, 11:58 PM

Has Big Tom re-signed ?

bulldogtragic
20-08-2016, 12:04 AM
Has Big Tom re-signed ?

Hmmm. No. But hopefully soon with Minson expected to be elsewhere next year.

Doc26
20-08-2016, 12:09 AM
Hmmm. No. But hopefully soon with Minson expected to be elsewhere next year.

Although more similar to McEvoy, I'd take Tom over the four you mentioned above (Vickery,Minson,Clarke,Witts) and Vardy. Tom may well have just added some further currency to his trade value tonight particularly with a big scare to the Eagles with NicNat as well. Also, quite a few other clubs looking short on for a decent ruckman e.g Essendon, Richmond, Brisbane (beyond Martin), Freo (beyond Sandi).

Come to think of it, I recall Hawthorn picking up Jack Fitzpatrick from Melbourne for coverage.

Remi Moses
20-08-2016, 12:29 AM
If Nic Nat's done a knee you'd think they'd make a play for Rory Lobb

Doc26
20-08-2016, 12:34 AM
If Nic Nat's done a knee you'd think they'd make a play for Rory Lobb

Although seemingly worth less and less each year, Lobb I believe is still contracted for next year.

Remi Moses
20-08-2016, 12:46 AM
Although seemingly worth less and less each year, Lobb I believe is still contracted for next year.

The GWS Lobb, not the port Lobbe

bornadog
20-08-2016, 12:49 AM
Hawthorn have been smashed in contested possessions and clearances. They have been all year, but when it counts you have to win the ball.

I think Hawthorn's position on the ladder really flatters them, they won at least 4 close games by less than a goal, when the opposition stuffed it up. I know we have won a few close ones, but we never looked like losing.

Remi Moses
20-08-2016, 12:52 AM
Hawthorn looked eerily similar to Brisbane in 2004 . West Coast dominated around the ball, but as soon as Nic Nat went off they came back to the field . Another hawk cheap shot from Lewis, but I'm sure there will be a fine or some soft inadequate decision .
Best the Eagles have played all year, and hoping Hawthorn are shot

Doc26
20-08-2016, 12:59 AM

The GWS Lobb, not the port Lobbe

I did mean Lobb from GWS Rem.

EMERGING GWS key position prospect Rory Lobb could seek a trade home to Western Australia at season’s end, AFL.com.au reports.

Although the 23-year-old is contracted to the Giants for 2017, both Fremantle and West Coast have reportedly become aware that he could be open to a move west.

Bulldog Joe
20-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Round 22 has started well for my miracle option as per the T&T Root thread.

The injuries to Ceglar and NicNat also help our situation. If we strike West Coast in a final with NicNat missing our chances certainly improve.

Hawthorn will also be weakened for Round 23 against Collingwood with the loss of Ceglar and the expected suspension of Jordan Lewis.

1eyedog
20-08-2016, 03:09 PM
And that's the end of North...

azabob
20-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Round 22 has started well for my miracle option as per the T&T Root thread.

The injuries to Ceglar and NicNat also help our situation. If we strike West Coast in a final with NicNat missing our chances certainly improve.

Hawthorn will also be weakened for Round 23 against Collingwood with the loss of Ceglar and the expected suspension of Jordan Lewis.

Are you referring to the hit on Lycett? I don't think he'll get suspended for that.

I'd prefer Lewis to play - he is looking old and slow.

Remi Moses
20-08-2016, 03:37 PM
I think Geelong and Tom Hawkins will look on the Lewis punch with interest .
No doubt chooks ottos will dish out a player friendly fine

bulldogtragic
20-08-2016, 05:18 PM
I don't think much of Melbourne FC, but North missing the finals would be so, so super sweet.

Twodogs
20-08-2016, 05:21 PM
I don't think much of Melbourne FC, but North missing the finals would be so, so super sweet.

Yeah. It's take a bit to get me cheer, cheering the red and the White but a North loss makes it worthwhile.

Remi Moses
20-08-2016, 05:23 PM
I did mean Lobb from GWS Rem.

Apologies Doc , I thought you were talking the Bullet we dodged in Lobbe from port .

Remi Moses
20-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Pretty decent from Norf , but surely they're to tall forward .
Daw can't read the play as a forward, and we got a classic Thomas playing for a free in there.
It would be one epic choke if they don't play finals, but I think they'll get GWS next week .

Remi Moses
20-08-2016, 05:27 PM
Tigers are sure things to play finals next season :rolleyes:
I don't there is a more deluded coach in the Comp than Hardwick

Bulldog Joe
20-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Are you referring to the hit on Lycett? I don't think he'll get suspended for that.

I'd prefer Lewis to play - he is looking old and slow.

Yes.

Clenched fist to the jaw. Tom Hawkins was rubbed earlier in the year and Lewis should be gone on that precedent.

If it was one of our players we would be gone.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2016, 05:36 PM
Tigers are sure things to play finals next season :rolleyes:
I don't there is a more deluded coach in the Comp than Hardwick

He said that?

Remi Moses
20-08-2016, 05:54 PM
He said that?

Yep. Expects to play finals next season

Flamethrower
20-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Terrible news for Nic Nat - confirmed ACL rupture, may miss all of next season too.

Flamethrower
20-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Gee GWS looked cooked - Freo all over them so far.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2016, 07:11 PM
Yep. Expects to play finals next season

Narcs need to raid his place. He's clearly off his *!*!*!*!ing head!

azabob
20-08-2016, 07:50 PM
No surprise but Petrie and Ferrito look absolutely cooked. I cant believe they signed Thomas for another three years, yet they haven't offered Harvey another one year deal.

bornadog
20-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Gee GWS looked cooked - Freo all over them so far.

and then they didn't kick another goal :D

Dry Rot
20-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Terrible news for Nic Nat - confirmed ACL rupture, may miss all of next season too.

Ceglar ACL too.

Both in the same area of Subi.

ledge
20-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Feel sorry for Eddie betts first 184 games , amazing player who seems to have been held back by Carltons game plan and culture, imagine if he played his career at Geelong or hawthorn. What were Carlton thinking letting him go ?

GVGjr
21-08-2016, 12:54 AM
How bad were Gold Coast. They need a complete overhaul.

Is Eade still splitting time between Melbourne and GC? If so they might need to have a rethink about it.

EasternWest
21-08-2016, 10:04 AM
Feel sorry for Eddie betts first 184 games , amazing player who seems to have been held back by Carltons game plan and culture, imagine if he played his career at Geelong or hawthorn. What were Carlton thinking letting him go ?

In fairness to Carlton (never thought I'd say that, but there you go), he didn't really set the world on fire as consistently there as he has since moving to Adelaide. Always looked like he could do it, but forwhatever reason he didn't. Seemed like he needed out and they needed him gone. Super player.

1eyedog
21-08-2016, 10:49 AM

He's a goal sneak / opportunist and lacking in many other areas if you ask me. His real value is his ability to kick a goal out of not much which is a powerful asset but he can be sat on and nullified.

Nic Nat going down is massive for us both in terms of Adelaide getting over them next week and then us getting over them two weeks later. Looking more and more likely that we'll get West Coast in Melbourne week 1.

LostDoggy
21-08-2016, 11:00 AM
He's a goal sneak / opportunist and lacking in many other areas if you ask me. His real value is his ability to kick a goal out of not much which is a powerful asset but he can be sat on and nullified.

Nic Nat going down is massive for us both in terms of Adelaide getting over them next week and then us getting over them two weeks later. Looking more and more likely that we'll get West Coast in Melbourne week 1.
Not so sure. Reckon North are a good chance to beat GWS next week, in which case we're probably 5th. If Collingwood beat Hawthorn as well, we're probably 4th.

Ghost Dog
21-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Port supporter throws banana at Eddie Betts. Hope they throw a heavy book with 'Law' written on the front back at her.
Stupefying behaviour.

anfo27
21-08-2016, 03:37 PM
No surprise but Petrie and Ferrito look absolutely cooked. I cant believe they signed Thomas for another three years, yet they haven't offered Harvey another one year deal.

Surely not! I just pray North re-sign Petrie, Forrito, Dal Santo, Harvey & Waite for another year. Clearly injuries have stopped them from destroying the rest of the comp.

Who is more deluded, Scott or Hardwick?

KT31
21-08-2016, 04:19 PM
North can breath a sigh of relief.
Melbourne are cooked, hard to believe they are the same team that beat the Hawks.

comrade
21-08-2016, 04:39 PM
North can breath a sigh of relief.
Melbourne are cooked, hard to believe they are the same team that beat the Hawks.

Says a bit about the Hawks, I reckon. Think we may finally be seeing the end of an era.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Then that's the final 8 officially. The Paul Roos love story doesn't have the last week romance after all.

Sedat
21-08-2016, 04:44 PM
Then that's the final 8 officially. The Paul Roos love story doesn't have the last week romance after all.
It does for him - he gets to go on holiday a week earlier than planned. It's been a nice little 3 year earner for Roosy, without any accountability whatsoever.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 04:50 PM
It does for him - he gets to go on holiday a week earlier than planned. It's been a nice little 3 year earner for Roosy, without any accountability whatsoever.

Ok, the $3,000,000+ salary and heading to a cushy media job soften the fall. But the sycophantic 'will Paul Roos men make the finals because of his amazing coaching brain and resurrection of Melbourne' won't be the story this week and this means I won't be violently sick all week. Which is good for me.

ledge
21-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Ok, the $3,000,000+ salary and heading to a cushy media job soften the fall. But the sycophantic 'will Paul Roos men make the finals because of his amazing coaching brain and resurrection of Melbourne' won't be the story this week and this means I won't be violently sick all week. Which is good for me.

Isn't he going to live in America ?
After the season you won't see him again

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 04:59 PM

I can live with that!!!

azabob
21-08-2016, 05:42 PM

He said that after he finished coaching Sydney, and yet he Re-appeared! So don't believe a word he says.

Sedat
22-08-2016, 10:48 AM
You are 100% correct with what you've said, but I still would have given my eye teeth to see Melbourne sneak into the top 8 at Norf's expense. The gushing over supercoach Roosy would have been worth it to see the Arden St meltdown.

Of course now I am firmly on the Norf bandwagon this weekend - go Shinboners!