PDA

View Full Version : Recognition

craigsahibee
19-08-2016, 12:57 PM
I received a nice little pin and letter from Peter Gordon during the week recognising my continuous membership of the footy club.

Anyone else receive one?

Allowing for Junior Memberships and a couple of on/off years while I was playing senior footy, I reckon I've been a member for about 40 of my 47 years of drawing breath, the last 25 consecutive.

Bloody proud to be a member of our club.

#bemorebulldog

bulldogtragic
19-08-2016, 01:00 PM
I received a nice little pin and letter from Peter Gordon during the week recognising my continuous membership of the footy club.

Anyone else receive one?

Allowing for Junior Memberships and a couple of on/off years while I was playing senior footy, I reckon I've been a member for about 40 of my 47 years of drawing breath, the last 25 consecutive.

Bloody proud to be a member of our club.

#bemorebulldog

Good for you and the club for a really nice gesture. How many years was it for as an aside? My membership numbers/records got 'lost' and I can't keep following the club up on it so I'm stuck on 14 years when it's actually 22 or 23.

Twodogs
19-08-2016, 01:04 PM
1977 for me. Joining the footy club was one of the first things i ever did with 'my' money and not money from mum or something my parents bought for me.

That's 40 years?

craigsahibee
19-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Good for you and the club for a really nice gesture. How many years was it for as an aside? My membership numbers/records got 'lost' and I can't keep following the club up on it so I'm stuck on 14 years when it's actually 22 or 23.

25 consecutive

Remi Moses
19-08-2016, 02:58 PM

Ditto for me . According to the club I've only been a member for 10 years.
I've been traumatised for about 40 years not 10

1eyedog
19-08-2016, 03:06 PM
1989- for us and yeah I got a pin yesterday as did one of my uncles [out of three others and my Dad who signed at the same time].

KT31
19-08-2016, 05:42 PM
1985 for me, prior to that it was a Kellogg's Junior membership and then my tech school were donated a couple of memberships from the Doggies that I was allowed to keep in my possession and use each week.
Sadly though no pin or letter yet.

bulldogtragic
19-08-2016, 05:45 PM
1985 for me, prior to that it was a Kellogg's Junior membership and then my tech school were donated a couple of memberships from the Doggies that I was allowed to keep in my possession and use each week.

Then your records might be lost too. Have you checked your membership records with the club?

bornadog
19-08-2016, 05:50 PM
On my card it says member since 1974, but I know I was a member before than as well.

I didn't receive any letter from the club.

KT31
19-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Then your records might be lost too. Have you checked your membership records with the club?

Club looked into it a couple of years back for me when I noticed they had it wrong on the back of my card, nearly correct now just a year out.
So 30 years if I go by what the club has me down for.

Twodogs
19-08-2016, 06:27 PM

I remember that Kellogs junior membership. That's how that got us all hooked for life. I must have payed those few years of super cheap membership back so many times over.

ledge
19-08-2016, 07:45 PM
I'm 10 in a row next year but have been on and off since 1973 .

cinder
19-08-2016, 08:12 PM
I was going to have a sob about not getting one but then I read how long some of you have been members so I'll just shut my mouth. ;) I've been one since first year of work (2000) but as some have said here, think they lost my details at some point. Congrats to everyone who has been a member for many years, great loyalty towards the club.

Eastdog
19-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Well done to all Dogs members who have been members for many years. I have been a supporter for quite a number of years and member for the last few years but since becoming a member I feel very connected to the club and you cannot beat the match day experience of being at the game. I have also since being a member with my own reserve seat gotten to know the people around quite well now and really like the seat I'm in. First year EJ Whitten social club this year and enjoyed going in there and having a beer. I'll most likely be renewing in 2017 with the current one membership arrangement. Look forward to hitting 5 years as a member and then hopefully get the first recognition after 10 years.

Eastdog
20-08-2016, 04:55 PM
On my card it says member since 1974, but I know I was a member before than as well.

I didn't receive any letter from the club.

Maybe over the next few weeks they might send you something in the mail.

strebla
20-08-2016, 11:44 PM
I have been a member since 83 and the club have it on the back of my membership. No pin or letter but I don't need it earlier in the year when we beat the swans I was wearing last years jumper. A bloke in the pub laughed and said I jumped on the bandwagon I showed him my membership and he shut up very quickly. ��������

merantau
21-08-2016, 08:25 AM
I've been a member since 1977. I heard a rumour thst if you rack up 50 years as a member you get a Life Membership. I think someone must have been pulling my leg.

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 09:45 AM
I've been a member since 1977. I heard a rumour thst if you rack up 50 years as a member you get a Life Membership. I think someone must have been pulling my leg.

Dad would have been a member that long I reckon. He hasn't got a life membership.

Although it would be just like him to get something like that and not tell me. "I didn't think you'd be interested "

ledge
21-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Life membership is home membership , I know someone who has one , this person was a trainer for years and so was their father..
Surprised me I thought it would have been home and away .