PDA

View Full Version : The worst of everything

ledge
20-08-2016, 10:56 PM
Just had a thought of the worst things you have seen . What hits me most this year is the stupid haircuts or styles .. Adam Treloar has an absolute shocker.
What's the worst you have seen of anything , could be umpiring decision to players shorts ( yes Eddie Betts shorts ) Brownlow suits .. To commentator calls .. Anything at all.

AndrewP6
20-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Worst football commentator... Bruuuce. At athletics he's quite good, but I cannot stand him calling the footy.

chef
20-08-2016, 11:02 PM
Dustin Martin has the worst tatts of all time.

Throughandthrough
20-08-2016, 11:06 PM
Jasper Pittard.

ledge
20-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Teasdale the worst suit at a Brownlow

LostDoggy
20-08-2016, 11:13 PM
Ian Collins

whythelongface
20-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Dustin Martin has the worst tatts of all time.

and the worst haircut.

LostDoggy
20-08-2016, 11:16 PM
Goal umpire, too our kicking end, last qtr,'97 prelim,watching libba's kick sail through for a goal and signalling a point.

chef
20-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Ross Oakley.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Brian Lake even touching Riewoldt, just after being told not to do so.

Pick 6 for Lachie Veale & a player who never, ever wanted to play for us with any heart.

Christian Howard in the first round.

Etc, etc, etc.

Twodogs
20-08-2016, 11:38 PM
Goal umpire, too our kicking end, last qtr,'97 prelim,watching libba's kick sail through for a goal and signalling a point.

Beat me to it. I was five or so rows back in the bay next to the cheer squad. I know it went through for a goal. So did the forty or fifty Adelaide supporters walking up the aisles to the exits until they realised the goal umpire had made a mistake.

Twodogs
20-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Worst footballer I have seen is Jesse White from Collingwood. And they actively recruited him from another club.

Twodogs
20-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Freo has the worst song.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2016, 11:46 PM
The AFEL fining Melbourne for not tanking, then giving them millions. The AFEL trying to cover up the Essendon doping, mock tribunal acquittal, being forced to comply with WADA and now looking the other way on their salary cap rorting. Their general contempt to our club since I've been alive all while rewarding cheats and 'non' cheats. But Collo did have time to override everyone to steal Turtle's Brownlow.

bulldogtragic
20-08-2016, 11:46 PM
GWS. They can get *!*!*!*!ed!

bulldogtragic
20-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Shocktober & Gryphone.

ledge
20-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Worst actor .. Lindsay Thomas

Doc26
20-08-2016, 11:54 PM
Dwayne

bornadog
21-08-2016, 12:29 AM
The most punchable face in the AFEL, Sicily

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Hawthorn/Player%20Profiles/2016%20-%20Profiles/SICILY%20James.png

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 12:57 AM
Actually the worse, the very worse, was seeing Neil Sasche laying on the ground surrounded by genuinely distressed players and stunned looking trainers and being aware of how eerily quiet the crowd was. I'll never forget that.

Throughandthrough
21-08-2016, 01:08 AM
Emilio Estevez is the worst TV/Movie Actor i've ever seen.

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 02:09 AM
From the late '70s to the late '80s Austalia turned out some of the worst teams and worst individual cricketers in our history.

If you think that Sri Lankan result was bad then imagine that sort of thing series after series while the selectors tried all sorts of whacky solutions. Turning opening batsmen into wicket keepers and wicket keepers into leg spinners.

ledge
21-08-2016, 05:35 AM
Port Adelaide supporters

1eyedog
21-08-2016, 09:02 AM
The deliberate rule.

When a player takes a mark and is within range of goal and is put on his line the fact that he can take two mini steps to the side to open up the angle more every time is an AFL loophole and should be policed harder.

Buddy Franklins 'arc' when kicking for goal. Has to be play on as soon as he steps of his line.

comrade
21-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Saints fans who sledge us for our lack of success.

ledge
21-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Damien Barrett

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Bob's knee with under a minute to go. And his first knee which should've never happened except for Rocca, Bob would've been All Australian CHF that year.

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Bob's knee with under a minute to go. And his first knee which should've never happened except for Rocca, Bob would've been All Australian CHF that year.

As we watched Bob limp off the ground and Ceglar (?) lining up the kick we both knew he'd goal with my mate said out loud to no one in particular "WILL THIS *!*!*!*!ING CLUB EVER CATCH A BREAK" it kinda summed it all up really.

ledge
21-08-2016, 11:58 AM
The bloke who does the voice over for everything on channel 9 .. It's that grating half whisper, dramatic voice , drives me insane .. Even a cooking show he makes it sound like a murder is going to be committed.

LostDoggy
21-08-2016, 01:19 PM
As we watched Bob limp off the ground and Ceglar (?) lining up the kick

No Brow Flog Sicily.:mad:

1eyedog
21-08-2016, 01:52 PM
No Brow Flog Sicily.:mad:

Which made it even worse.

AndrewP6
21-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Sunday 4.40. Sorry if it's been mentioned but it's worth repeating.

Bulldog4life
21-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Actually the worse, the very worse, was seeing Neil Sasche laying on the ground surrounded by genuinely distressed players and stunned looking trainers and being aware of how eerily quiet the crowd was. I'll never forget that.

I concur Twodogs. I was there that day too. It was a terrible moment in our history. Poor Peter Welsh thought he was helping him and tried to pick him up.

ledge
21-08-2016, 04:07 PM
And poor Okeefe the one who was tackling.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Injuries to key players all year...

KT31
21-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Injuries to key players all year...

Injuries.

Ninja'd me BT.

EasternWest
21-08-2016, 10:09 PM
Lewis Taylor winning the rising star ahead of Bontempelli.

I don't really give a crap about the Rising Star award, but how anyone sees Taylor as a better prospect than Bontempelli....

ledge
21-08-2016, 10:15 PM

I don't really give a crap about the Rising Star award, but how anyone sees Taylor as a better prospect than Bontempelli....

Sheahen has no idea , he admitted he doesn't even watch some games !

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 10:16 PM

There was only about 309 votes difference between them in the afl players award for best first year player though...

ledge
21-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Worst cook .. My dad he bought me kfc once and put it in the oven to keep warm .. Plastic containers included !

GVGjr
21-08-2016, 11:41 PM
This is getting a lot off track. Lets keep it to footy please.

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 11:54 PM
I concur Twodogs. I was there that day too. It was a terrible moment in our history. Poor Peter Welsh thought he was helping him and tried to pick him up.

Terrible. Just terrible. I don't think I went for a few weeks after.

And poor Okeefe the one who was tackling.

I thought Sasche bends over to pick up the ball but stumbles and pile drives his head into O' Keefe's-coming from the other way-knee

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 11:57 PM
That game today was one of the worst I have ever seen.

I can remember a game against Freo at Etihad in the early 2000s when the crowd booed the Bulldogs off the ground at half time even though they were four goals in front. That was bad and today was almost as bad.

Ozza
22-08-2016, 12:05 AM
Today was an awful game to watch. But Essendon getting numbers behind the ball - and then chipping the ball around 15m sideways for long periods was also a big factor in making it excruciating.

bornadog
22-08-2016, 12:17 AM
I can still remember where I was sitting that day and the incident.. My mate and I use to sneak into the John Get Stand and find some empty seats. Shocking, that is all I can say.

ledge
22-08-2016, 01:11 AM
Razors bouncing of the ball today

LostDoggy
22-08-2016, 01:51 AM
The Footy Show

Rather watch paint dry then that pathetic excuse for a show

LostDoggy
24-08-2016, 08:42 PM
I enjoy this thread immensely

comrade
24-08-2016, 08:45 PM
The Roos announcement of their club champions being let go is one of the worst PR disasters I've seen. And being a Dogs fan, I know about PR disasters.

EasternWest
24-08-2016, 09:12 PM
I enjoy this thread immensely

You're the worst of everything for enjoying our revisited misery. Boooooo.

BornInDroopSt'54
25-08-2016, 04:57 PM
Changing the mighty "Footscray Football Club", with its heart and soul where it always was, to some imaginary, utterly vacuous, indistinct region called "The Western" even though Geelong is more west, without even considering Adelaide, Perth or Freemantle.
Sad day indeed. I'm afraid I feel a dickhead barracking for something called "The Western Bulldogs", what the hell is that?

bornadog
25-08-2016, 05:11 PM
Changing the mighty "Footscray Football Club", with its heart and soul where it always was, to some imaginary, utterly vacuous, indistinct region called "The Western" even though Geelong is more west, without even considering Adelaide, Perth or Freemantle.
Sad day indeed. I'm afraid I feel a dickhead barracking for something called "The Western Bulldogs", what the hell is that?

Pretty simple -don't barrack for them.

chef
25-08-2016, 05:19 PM

Western as in Western suburbs. Simples.

Twodogs
25-08-2016, 05:38 PM
And Western Bulldogs have been a lot more successful than Footscray. Apart from the premiership. But that will cone.

Can anyone divide winning percentages from 1925-96 and 1997 until now?

bulldogtragic
25-08-2016, 09:27 PM
It's got nothing to do with footy, but the really old bloke in the newsagent today who didn't want to a wait in the line, so without talking protested by cutting the line and dropping a loud, massive wet fart and walked out while we who remained nearly vomited for 5 minutes while breathing through our mouths. Gasing innocent customers is not a valid form of protesting slow service. Everything about it is the worst of everything.

LostDoggy
26-08-2016, 08:57 AM

I hear you BID54. I've spent the best part of 20 years in Qld and NSW and have had countless conversations with people who have thought I was originally from Perth once I mention I support the Western Bulldogs, they presume we are a WA team.

bornadog
26-08-2016, 09:51 AM
I hear you BID54. I've spent the best part of 20 years in Qld and NSW and have had countless conversations with people who have thought I was originally from Perth once I mention I support the Western Bulldogs, they presume we are a WA team.

They obviously don't follow AFEL. Next year is the 20th anniversary of the on field name change and whole generations don't even know who Footscray is or who were the Prince Imperials Football Club. ;)

Bulldog4life
26-08-2016, 09:56 AM
They obviously don't follow AFEL. Next year is the 20th anniversary of the on field name change and whole generations don't even know who Footscray is or who were the Prince Imperials Football Club. ;)

Changing from the Prince Imperials Football Club to Footscray Football Club is no different than changing from Footscray Football Club to the Western Bulldogs Football Club. It is called progress.

ledge
26-08-2016, 10:12 AM
We have ffc on the back of our jumper , our reserves are Footscray and our base is Whitten oval .. We are still Footscray but just play home games in a bigger arena due to crowd numbers.. If you want to experience the old Footscray it's easy go watch our reserves I can assure you it's the same as the good old days and the footy Is even better than it was back then.. We are still Footscray.

ledge
26-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Actually on that point, Footscray had the worst scoreboard ! A little led sign on the back of a trailer .. As they say on the bounce. "turn it up! "

Bulldog4life
26-08-2016, 05:59 PM
Actually on that point, Footscray had the worst scoreboard ! A little led sign on the back of a trailer .. As they say on the bounce. "turn it up! "

And you never hear at the footy anymore "You dirty bludger". Ah the good old days. I miss them.

ledge
26-08-2016, 08:08 PM
And you never hear at the footy anymore "You dirty bludger". Ah the good old days. I miss them.

The umpires copped all the abuse in those days

Twodogs
26-08-2016, 09:21 PM
We have ffc on the back of our jumper , our reserves are Footscray and our base is Whitten oval .. We are still Footscray but just play home games in a bigger arena due to crowd numbers.. If you want to experience the old Footscray it's easy go watch our reserves I can assure you it's the same as the good old days and the footy Is even better than it was back then.. We are still Footscray.

It is pretty good. Going out at the quarter breaks and kicking the footy afterwards. And seeing the Whitten stand go wild during a last quarter fight back by Footscray again is just priceless

A bludger is a man who lives off the earnings of prostitutes. It's also a military term of abuse from the Second World War. That's why we don't hear it anymore, all those blokes are gone now.

ledge
26-08-2016, 11:16 PM

It is pretty good. Going out at the quarter breaks and kicking the footy afterwards. And seeing the Whitten stand go wild during a last quarter fight back by Footscray again is just priceless

A bludger is a man who lives off the earnings of prostitutes. It's also a military term of abuse from the Second World War. That's why we don't hear it anymore, all those blokes are gone now.

It's on fox footy every week and funny as.

ledge
26-08-2016, 11:18 PM

Isn't it funny how maggots and ants aren't white anymore , they come in all colours and the crowd adjusts to the colour they where each week

bulldogtragic
26-08-2016, 11:19 PM
No one from GWS standing in front of the pack or defensive side with 3 seconds to go against West Coast 3 games ago. Anyone there, they win and this game means bugger all.

Eastdog
26-08-2016, 11:22 PM
Bruce at times

Ozza
26-08-2016, 11:23 PM

That post.

Eastdog
26-08-2016, 11:28 PM
That post.

I'm now used to it now. The jumper I wear when I go to games most weeks - we still do acknowledge our original club name on the back of our jumper which is great.

Ghost Dog
27-08-2016, 02:01 AM
Today I was on the plane to Hong
Kong. I got talking to an old feller on the same flight, 80's year old and a big Dogs fan. He saw EJ Whitten's first game and was there in 54'. Cheered me right up.

Remi Moses
27-08-2016, 03:40 AM
Pokemon
Nuff said
You lot at Altona beach are getting to get my sharp elbow if you keep wandering aimlessly on the footpath :mad:

1eyedog
27-08-2016, 09:00 AM
Barracking for Norf.

BornInDroopSt'54
27-08-2016, 01:17 PM

Yes 'Western Bulldogs" is a misnomer no doubt thought up by Smorgons marketting committee. Of course I love the club and have for 62 years but the name change is a meaningless attempt at shamelessly claiming territory like "Greater Western Sydney", yeah sure, don't you have a real name? It has no soul unlike Footscray as one of the inner suburbs of Melbourne from the beginning of its history, a suburb that forged its identity from the other inner Melbourne regions over a history 150 years. People could fight for that identity, but not for the Western Area.

ledge
27-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Richmond today

Remi Moses
27-08-2016, 09:34 PM
Damian Hardwick and having his best list, and making the eight next season

ledge
27-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Damian Hardwick and having his best list, and making the eight next season

For a best list it will be interesting to see how many go in the coming months

LostDoggy
27-08-2016, 11:26 PM
Richmond today

Richmond Any Day ;)

ledge
28-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Our draw in the finals.

hujsh
28-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Everything to do with Footy.

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Having to ignore the deep finals, again, watch the Paki's beat our flat track bullies and live through another very, very long pre-season.

LostDoggy
28-08-2016, 09:36 PM
As a weekend of football, R23 2016 just sucks.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Gary Rohan's Grand Finals.

Twodogs
02-10-2016, 05:02 PM

I did laugh.

LostDoggy
02-10-2016, 05:05 PM

Hahahaha I know him and his fiancee, so my newsfeed on Facebook was filled with Gaz all week. He's a nice guy, but yep- had a shocker. Needless to say, the couple have already moved on to distracting themselves with wedding planning hahaha.

bulldogtragic
02-10-2016, 05:07 PM
I did laugh.

He played their last two Grand Finals. 8 GF quarters for a combined 12 touches in total.

DO NOT TRADE FOR!!!!

Twodogs
02-10-2016, 06:31 PM
Hahahaha I know him and his fiancee, so my newsfeed on Facebook was filled with Gaz all week. He's a nice guy, but yep- had a shocker. Needless to say, the couple have already moved on to distracting themselves with wedding planning hahaha.

Make sure they know next year's grand final date just in case.

AndrewP6
02-10-2016, 10:27 PM
Bruuuce and Dennis' GF call. I usually like Cometti, but to my ears he sounded bored. McAvaney's pathetic fan-boying over the Swans...and he sounded almost disappointed at the end. I'm no huge fan of James Brayshaw, but I much preferred his work on Triple M, which I was listening to at the game. He lifts when the game lifts, keeps you engaged in the call. Or should I say, trying to listen to - that noise at the G was incredible!

ledge
03-10-2016, 05:54 AM
The macavaney suck up to Dennis when their was a grand final just won .. Fair dinkum had to make it about him. There was no reason to do that on camera and was quite puzzled when he did it. I think Dennis was wondering where it was going... Macavaney doing a razor Ray moment.-
All about him. Bruce your a caller, broadcasters aren't the story !

bulldogtragic
01-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Geelong re-signing Cowan & Ruggles...

Twodogs
01-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Just had a thought of the worst things you have seen . What hits me most this year is the stupid haircuts or styles .. Adam Treloar has an absolute shocker.
What's the worst you have seen of anything , could be umpiring decision to players shorts ( yes Eddie Betts shorts ) Brownlow suits .. To commentator calls .. Anything at all.

Talking about stupid haircuts. I was watching soccer on TV many years ago and David Beckham turns up with a shaved head. What was stupid about it was when the commentater mentions that Beckham's hairdresser charged him 3000 pounds to do it.

comrade
01-11-2016, 03:38 PM
Geelong re-signing Cowan & Ruggles...

Doubt any other club would have been interested had either of them been delisted. Geelong is full of cloggers.

bulldogtragic
01-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Doubt any other club would have been interested had either of them been delisted. Geelong is full of cloggers.

Just tag or shut down Danger & Selwood and they're shot to shit. Bartel & Enright gone. Mackie, Taylor, Hawkins & Lonergan on their last legs and no top picks for three years (2015, 2016, 2017). The thud from them falling to rock bottom will measure over 8 on the Richter scale.

comrade
01-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Just tag or shut down Danger & Selwood and they're shot to shit. Bartel & Enright gone. Mackie, Taylor, Hawkins & Lonergan on their last legs and no top picks for three years (2015, 2016, 2017). The thud from them falling to rock bottom will measure over 8 on the Richter scale.

This has to be the year we put that monkey on our back to bed.

bulldogtragic
01-11-2016, 04:13 PM

And then some. To the absolute ruthless sword.

LostDoggy
01-11-2016, 04:17 PM

And then some. To the absolute ruthless sword.

Round 9 Simmonds Stadium Friday Night Prime Time.
What better place to do it in front of their adoring fans.

Twodogs
01-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Round 9 Simmonds Stadium Friday Night Prime Time.
What better place to do it in front of their adoring fans.

Oh yeah. Showing them up in front of the local inbreds would be a lovely way to start the weekend.

merantau
09-11-2016, 12:43 PM
I'm surprised this thread has gone seven pages without a mention of James Hird. Worst ever case of self-delusion in the game's history. As for the AFL's handling of the saga - worst ever carpet sweeping job ever. The mess ended up in Switzerland instead of under the Axminster.

hujsh
09-11-2016, 11:47 PM
This thread title reminds me of the US right now.

But if that's the price of our premiership...I'd pay it again.

ledge
10-11-2016, 02:13 PM
We are red white and blue , do we want him as a sponsor ?

hujsh
10-11-2016, 02:23 PM
We are red white and blue , do we want him as a sponsor ?

Might hurt our brand here in Australia so it'd need to be a hell of a lot of money

LostDoggy
10-11-2016, 11:31 PM
I swear to god if we hadn't of won the premiership, I would be completely writing off 2016 as the worst year ever. Honestly, WTF.

Twodogs
11-11-2016, 12:27 AM
From the late '70s to the late '80s Austalia turned out some of the worst teams and worst individual cricketers in our history.

If you think that Sri Lankan result was bad then imagine that sort of thing series after series while the selectors tried all sorts of whacky solutions. Turning opening batsmen into wicket keepers and wicket keepers into leg spinners.

This team is starting to go close.

hujsh
11-11-2016, 01:14 AM
I swear to god if we hadn't of won the premiership, I would be completely writing off 2016 as the worst year ever. Honestly, WTF.

Prince
Ali
Gene Wilder
David Bowie
Hope (a few flames kept alive by the bastions of hope, the guardians of all that is good, FFC)

Twodogs
11-11-2016, 03:02 AM
Prince
Ali
Gene Wilder
David Bowie
Hope (a few flames kept alive by the bastions of hope, the guardians of all that is good, FFC)

Lemmy.

FrediKanoute
11-11-2016, 04:41 AM
Scott Weiland

ledge
11-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Used to play a lot of back yard cricket as a kid and everytime a certain lad went out he would say that was the shittest ball ever. Rekon he faced and went out to the worst of everything bowling wise, leg spin, off spin , quick, swing, medium pace. Guess I was the worst of everything as a bowler .. No wonder I tried batting.

1eyedog
11-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Scott Weiland

Leonard Cohen

Twodogs
11-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Leonard Cohen

He was only 82 and he didn't seem to enjoy a single moment. So young for a rock star.