PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned-round 22 v Essendon.

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 01:13 AM
EJ. Chris Grant. Mich Wallis.

Three #3s

Tell us three things you learned.

GVGjr
21-08-2016, 07:28 PM
3 Things you've learned from tonight's game.
Try and make them genuine new thoughts

westbulldog
21-08-2016, 08:48 PM
1. We will not win a final at Etihad or anywhere else if our forward structure doesn't improve, Tom Boyd must be there permanently.
2. Rourke Smith, another find.
3. We need Marcus Adams back asap.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 08:59 PM
1. My head is going to explode. We need to play Tom more forward, and when he does don't ignore him or give him shithouse delivery.
2. I just don't know how we cover all these injuries in a high pressure final.
3. If Caleb Daniel doesn't win the Rising Star, I will lose my shit. Again, after Bonts snub.

josie
21-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Are you allowed to win by 40 pts and feel a little deflated? Ok here's my 3:
1. Footy gods are cruel - ooga booga on you too, let's hope Woody makes a miraculous recovery.
2. Agree with you BAD, for goodness sake please give Boyd more time inside 50 and play a proper ruckman eg Campbell or Big Will so he can.
3. Picken and Daniel - you are a little rippers!!

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 09:32 PM
1. I can feel genuine affection for someone wearing a Essendon jumper. Adam Cooney is a class act and a great footballer
2. We had a really young team and made some basic errors.
3. It's possible to win and still be a bit meh! about it. Even against Essendon.

Mofra
21-08-2016, 09:44 PM
3. Roarke looked ok except for some fumbles - if he can fix those he will be a player. Fingers crossed.
2. Boyd is slowly getting there.
1. Being a Bulldog forward might be the most frustrating experience in Australian sport

bornadog
21-08-2016, 09:49 PM
2. Agree with you BAD, for goodness sake please give Boyd more time inside 50 and play a proper ruckman eg Campbell or Big Will so he can.

Thanks Josie and I haven't even posted, you must have read my mind. :D

josie
21-08-2016, 09:55 PM
Thanks Josie and I haven't even posted, you must have read my mind. :D

Oops, my bad BAD and BT !! Acronyms not my forte, ESP though hmmm.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 10:20 PM
Oops, my bad BAD and BT !! Acronyms not my forte, ESP though hmmm.

How can you mix us two up? :D

EasternWest
21-08-2016, 10:28 PM
How can you mix us two up? :D

You're both very handsome. It would be easy enough to do.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 10:35 PM

You know what they say about flattery? It will get you everywhere.

ReLoad
21-08-2016, 10:40 PM
1. Lachie hunter needs to stop those stupid little smart ass kicks.
2. Here is one for those who are into strategy, kick ins; Fletcher Roberts stands about 4m from the opposition player on the mark, and just freakin stands there. He does jack squat at kick ins. At least do something!!!!!
3. 15 wins with our highly depleted squad is outstanding, we bat pretty deep. Great to get games into Zaine and Dunkley.

Twodogs
21-08-2016, 10:45 PM
3. Roarke looked ok except for some fumbles - if he can fix those he will be a player. Fingers crossed.
2. Boyd is slowly getting there.
1. Being a Bulldog forward might be the most frustrating experience in Australian sport

Coaching the national swim team might be the only other thing.

I was wondering tonight if we had Tony Lockett and Gary Ablett in the forward line they wouldn't get a kick by the time our guys had finished buggerizing around going sideways and backwards and in big triangles only for the ball to end up with the player who had it in the first place. The only difference is he now is that most of the opposition team standing thirty metres in front of him.

Whoever is in charge of integrity at Parramatta Eels. That'd be hard.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 10:51 PM
2. Here is one for those who are into strategy, kick ins; Fletcher Roberts stands about 4m from the opposition player on the mark, and just freakin stands there. He does jack squat at kick ins. At least do something!!!!!
3. 15 wins with our highly depleted squad is outstanding, we bat pretty deep. Great to get games into Zaine and Dunkley.

Has any single one of his dinky, smart ass kicks worked this year? I don't understand why they happen week in and week out. Surely the coaches review the footage and tell him they don't work well for the team in any way, shape or form.

comrade
21-08-2016, 11:08 PM
1. We can win more games this year than last, yet the season hasn't been anywhere near as enjoyable as last year. Constant injuries, off field stuff, increased expectations, more defensive game plan have all contributed.
2. JJ may be our most important player if we're to do anything useful in September. Just heating up at the right time.
3. I'm terrified at the thought of Dunkley, Hunter, C. Smith, Picken all in one midfield.

Ozza
21-08-2016, 11:57 PM

He is there to shepherd if our kick in player plays on. Every club has a player in that position at nearly every kick in.

Remi Moses
22-08-2016, 02:26 AM
1. Hunter needs to find targets more often
2. Wonderful performance to be where we are, all things cosidered .
3 . I'm sick to f****** death of feeling flat after a win, but a real positive is that players are getting valuable playing time .

josie
22-08-2016, 07:50 PM

BAD = Redford and BT = Newman, correct?:)

ratsmac
22-08-2016, 07:57 PM
1. Hunter needs to find targets more often
2. Wonderful performance to be where we are, all things cosidered .
3 . I'm sick to f****** death of feeling flat after a win, but a real positive is that players are getting valuable playing time .

Ain't that the truth! I haven't been pumped after a win since probably the Sydney win.

ratsmac
22-08-2016, 08:38 PM
I learned that....

1. We are really well coached. We must have been close to fielding the youngest side and least games played on the weekend for the season. The players who come in to the side all understand the team structures and systems, which is to the credit of them and the coaching staff. We have won 15 games with 1 game to go. Amazing considering the players available. It's been frustrating at times but we are still winning.

2. Liam Picken is under rated. Probably not amongst the Bulldog faithful but definitely the football public. His change from a dour run with player to an attacking play maker that can still shut down a key player at the same time is remarkable. I remember some woofers (not knocking anyone, just making a point)even questioning his place and time left in the team before Bevo. He is a player that you take for granted in a way.

3. Hrovat has come back from his injuries in the nick of time. We are running out of fit players and Nathan has been a pleasant inclusion into the 22.

Smads57
22-08-2016, 08:50 PM
1. we can kick a winning score with a fwd line at one stage made up of Dickson, Cordy, Webb, Hrovat, McLean and Picken. Could a fwd line be any younger (games played) or unorthodox in its constitution?
2. I looked a few times at our centre square combination and realised how much we miss Libba, Wally and Jacko
3. we really need a ruckman....