PDA

View Full Version : Stuff the Woe Is Me Attitude - We are playing Finals Footy

azabob
27-08-2016, 11:20 AM
Yep,

I get that the cards didn't fall for us last night,

I get that the injuries have hurt us,

I get that it appears we can't take a break....

But this Sunday we have the perfect opportunity for a dress rehearsal for week one of the finals. Not often that happens when playing interstate.

Our players will get to have a positive experience this Sunday on Subiaco when we beat the dockers.

2016 has been the year where we dispelled our demons of playing interstate.

Cast your minds back to 2014 when we would've given anything to win a couple of games of footy, let alone play in consecutive finals series.......

Playing the Eagles will be tough, no doubt about it, but lets embrace the challenge and more importantly lets embrace the fact we are playing finals footy, which in shocktober 2014 seemed light years away.

#Bemorebulldog

Hotdog60
27-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Good post azabob,

We have improved on last year and that has been with set back after set back even though our ladder position doesn't show it.
If we can get what ever foul demon off our backs and give us a descent run at it who knows.

1eyedog
27-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Great post aza but let's just see if North can get over the fakes tonight.

Twodogs
27-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Absolutely.

I would have given my left knacker to be able to say that we have qualified for consecutive final series in 2015 and 2016 at the end of October 2014. To also know that we made it with half a list and we still ARENT LIMPING INTO THIS YEAR'S FINALS SERIES is a minor miracle. Our blokes will acquit ourselves well and make us all proud over the next few weeks no matter what fate throws at us. One thing we all know about this group, they will not leave anything on the park in the search for victory.

*!*!*!*! everyone else. We are the Western Bulldogs and our players will make us proud. Go dogs!

Go_Dogs
27-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Great post.

Due to the expectation, the injuries etc the ride hasn't been quite as exhilarating as last year, but spring is nearly here and we're playing finals footy where anything could happen. Bring it on.

Scorlibo
27-08-2016, 01:46 PM
If we win handsomely against Freo then all we need is for either the Giants or Hawks to slip up and we will get a home final.

GVGjr
27-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Has there really been any negativity towards our chances this year? Yes there has a been a level of frustration but that's to be expected. I'm all in.

Remi Moses
27-08-2016, 04:46 PM
I think it's been frustrating more than anything
It can't be denied we've been desperately unlucky on a few counts, and the players and coach have been super

Eastdog
27-08-2016, 04:49 PM
I think it's been frustrating more than anything
It can't be denied we've been desperately unlucky on a few counts, and the players and coach have been super

Pretty much agree with you RM. That's pretty much how I see this year for us. Still be an enjoyable season 2016 but I think 2015 for me was more enjoyable.

Twodogs
27-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Has there really been any negativity towards our chances this year? Yes there has a been a level of frustration but that's to be expected. I'm all in.

In the media a bit. Kevin Bartlett has been banging on all week about how we are now no chance now because even though we have been we have just run out of players because of Wood's injury.

I don't think you'd get much agreement from us but in the media the prevailing thought is that Easton Wood's injury was the one that broke the camels back.

Eastdog
27-08-2016, 04:57 PM
In the media a bit. Kevin Bartlett has been banging on all week about how we are now no chance now because even though we have been we have just run out of players because of Wood's injury.

I don't think you'd get much agreement from us but in the media the prevailing thought is that Easton Wood's injury was the one that broke the camels back.

Who cares what the media comes up with about us we have taken on many challenges this year and showed what we are capable of.

merantau
27-08-2016, 05:34 PM
If we have tp play in Perth we should be ready. We have beaten them this season and there is no reason why we can't beat them again as long as we take our chances and don't get jumped at the start. We have been very hard to score against. If we are on our game we will win.

strebla
27-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Great post I love it, over the negativity yes I felt flat last night but bring it on!!!!!

Smads57
27-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Looking forward to whatever the Fates send us...totally agree that I couldn't have imagined our playing finals footy for a while after Oct '14, so bring it on. Go Dogs!

Eastdog
27-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Great post aza but let's just see if North can get over the fakes tonight.

That's right. I hope the result favours us tonight.

SonofScray
27-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Can't control the injuries and bad luck. Only what we dish up and how we choose to rally around our Club.

I honestly believe this group, right now, has the opportunity to play well and on their day beat anyone in front of them. If we enough of our days, they will immortalise themselves as Drought Breakers.

I've just got home from seeing my ice Hockey club drop a Prelim, after losing the last 2 Grand Finals, despite being the best team in the comp by the length of the Flemington straight. Canberra, with less talent, and worse facilities got the job done on the day and sent us packing, crying into our beers. If you perform when it counts and win, then you go on. Keep winning and you lift a cup.

lemmon
27-08-2016, 11:46 PM
This squad has answered challenges at every step of the way this year. This is just another bump on the road for us to roll over. Who knows how far we get this year but we may very well look back on this year as one that forged some very steely footballers

Topdog
28-08-2016, 12:02 AM
Yep I am sick of the defeatist attitude. Put simply Adelaide never had this attitude last year.

hujsh
28-08-2016, 12:29 AM
I guess one way to look at it is we were probably either going to have to travel week 1 (Perth) or week 2 (GWS after losing to the Cats).

That said I really want this team to get a finals win under it's belt and traveling week 1 has me worried it's going to be another 'one and done' year.

Eastdog
28-08-2016, 03:59 AM
I guess one way to look at it is we were probably either going to have to travel week 1 (Perth) or week 2 (GWS after losing to the Cats).

That said I really want this team to get a finals win under it's belt and traveling week 1 has me worried it's going to be another 'one and done' year.

If we could win interstate in a final it would rank as one of our best.

chef
28-08-2016, 07:59 PM
Woe is me. What an embarrassing end to the season.

My confidence is definitely shot.

Twodogs
28-08-2016, 08:11 PM
We've got two weeks to feel like this now.

SonofScray
28-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Woe is me. What an embarrassing end to the season.

My confidence is definitely shot.

Yep. I am reeling. Really shaken my belief in what we can dish up. Stinker after stinker on that ground.

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 08:33 PM
#WoeIsMe

comrade
28-08-2016, 08:35 PM
Looks like AFL are screwing us with a Thursday final. Less time for blokes to get back and less time after VFL game.

Cheers.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Looks like AFL are screwing us with a Thursday final. Less time for blokes to get back and less time after VFL game.

Cheers.

I fully expect us to be playing this upcoming Thursday, instead of the following Thursday, because - y'know - it only makes sense.

Bulldog Joe
28-08-2016, 08:51 PM
It is about time we copped a break, but perhaps the Thursday final will work in our favour.

We will be strong underdogs, but we know this group has some steel.

Bring it on - 4 wins to the flag!!!

AndrewP6
28-08-2016, 09:30 PM
The alternative to playing the first final in WA on a Thursday is to not be in the finals. So on that score, I'm glad we're there.
However, today was absolutely pitiful, and doesn't fill me with any great belief.

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 09:43 PM
The alternative to playing the first final in WA on a Thursday is to not be in the finals. So on that score, I'm glad we're there.
However, today was absolutely pitiful, and doesn't fill me with any great belief.

In a sense, but I didn't feel like we were making up the numbers last year or this year until about 2 hours ago. But I do now. The only real silver lining is finishing 7th gives us pick 12 and the middle bracket for the fixture next year.

Eastdog
28-08-2016, 09:56 PM
It is about time we copped a break, but perhaps the Thursday final will work in our favour.

We will be strong underdogs, but we know this group has some steel.

Bring it on - 4 wins to the flag!!!

That's a great way to look at it. 4 more wins and will be premiers.

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 10:17 PM
That's a great way to look at it. 4 more wins and will be premiers.

Happy to have a wager with you Eastie that we don't win it this year. Even offer you doubles. $1,000 paid to me upon losing or $2,000 to you if you win sound ok?

Bulldog4life
28-08-2016, 10:23 PM
I have got over the woe is us feeling 5 minutes ago. A double Jack Daniels on the rocks helped. And I m not giving up on those magnificent doggies doing the possible, not impossible, and beating Wet Coke over there. Go you good things.

LostDoggy
28-08-2016, 10:30 PM
#Miracle@subi

LostDoggy
28-08-2016, 10:34 PM
Happy to have a wager with you Eastie that we don't win it this year. Even offer you doubles. $1,000 paid to me upon losing or $2,000 to you if you win sound ok?

I hope that's frivolous BT. Any grand won betting against the dogs just ain't worth the damage done to your soul.

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 10:41 PM
I hope that's frivolous BT. Any grand won betting against the dogs just ain't worth the damage done to your soul.

Lachie Hunter's done it, and didn't the boys do it with the footy trip money in the 80's too? And Kerry Packer said 'there's a bit of whore in all of us'.

But you're right, $1,000 isn't enough. $5,000/$10,000 Eastie?

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 10:43 PM

$1,000 to force the hand of the footy gods into giving the club a premiership and screw with me. A price I'm willing to pay for everyone.

Eastdog
28-08-2016, 10:44 PM

I'm not a big betting man :)

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 11:10 PM
I'm not a big betting man :)

Ok Eastie, another time. :)

LostDoggy
29-08-2016, 06:54 AM
$1,000 to force the hand of the footy gods into giving the club a premiership and screw with me. A price I'm willing to pay for everyone.

Kudos to you BT. Big shoulders. Who said altruism was dead :)

azabob
09-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Glad to see the club stuffed the woe is me attitude and used the freo game for what it was, a subiaco test run and the bye period to hoan our game plan for last night.

#Bemorebulldog