PDA

View Full Version : Match Committee - Elimination Final, West Coast Eagles, Subuaco

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Ins: Stringer, Roughead, Campbell, Wood, Liberatore, Macrae, McLean
Outs: Minson, Williams, Clay Smith, Dunkley, Cordy, Jong, Stevens

McLean > Clay Smith (need speed against their team defence)
Libba > Dunkley (He's Libba)
Macrae > Stevens (No brainer)
Campbell > Minson (see above)
Wood > Williams (see above)
Stringer > Cordy as CHF (see above)
Roughead > Jong (may need an extra tall in defence, and reunite Camhead)

josie
28-08-2016, 08:08 PM
At least no injuries - thought we lost TBoyd for a season earlier in game. Chins up doggy supporters. We at least made finals and hope Bevo will devise. brilliant plan and we bring some great players back.

comrade
28-08-2016, 08:09 PM

Can't disagree.

Will end something like:

OUT: Minson
IN: Roughead

The Bulldogs Bite
28-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Can't disagree.

Will end something like:

Is there anyone else who can't kick playing in the VFL? I suspect they'll get a game too.

ratsmac
28-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Right now 1 minute after watching the loss to freo.

Stays in : Dickson, M Boyd, JJ, Biggs, Daniel, Bont, Hamling, Morris, Dahl (just)

The rest out, bring in footscray because they have heart.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

hujsh
28-08-2016, 08:16 PM
Is there anyone else who can't kick playing in the VFL? I suspect they'll get a game too.

IN: Honey
OUT: Rat/Daniel

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Can't disagree.

Will end something like:

Agree with the sentiment. There must be wholesale changes, as any team resembling this one from today... Well... Save your money and don't fly to Perth people. That's a community service announcement.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-08-2016, 08:35 PM
B: Biggs - Roberts - Morris
HB: JJ - Hamling - Boyd
C: Hunter - Bontempelli - Picken
HF: Stringer - Campbell - Hrovat
F: Daniel - Boyd - Dickson
FOL: Roughead - Dahlhaus - Libba
INT: Suckling - Macrae - Wood - McLean

OUT: C. Smith, Cordy, Minson, Jong, Stevens, Dunkley, Williams
IN: Libba, Macrae, Wood, McLean, Roughead, Campbell, Stringer

If Libba/Macrae/Wood aren't available, then Dunkley, Williams and Dale should play. I don't want Stevens, Jong or Clay anywhere near our finals outfit.

MrMahatma
28-08-2016, 08:48 PM
B: Biggs - Roberts - Morris
HB: JJ - Hamling - Boyd
C: Hunter - Bontempelli - Picken
HF: Stringer - Campbell - Hrovat
F: Daniel - Boyd - Dickson
FOL: Roughead - Dahlhaus - Libba
INT: Suckling - Macrae - Wood - McLean

OUT: C. Smith, Cordy, Minson, Jong, Stevens, Dunkley, Williams
IN: Libba, Macrae, Wood, McLean, Roughead, Campbell, Stringer

If Libba/Macrae/Wood aren't available, then Dunkley, Williams and Dale should play. I don't want Stevens, Jong or Clay anywhere near our finals outfit.

It's a much better squad with all those ins. We need them all cause we really lacked class today.

LostDoggy
28-08-2016, 09:18 PM
Stevens needs to go. He's just not very good unfortunately.

Taking out our bottom 6 and replacing them with Wood, Libba, Macrae, Stringer, Roughy and McLean makes us look a lot better... whether they are ready to go is another story.

Hoping Macrae and Libba can have a run for Footscray

Ozza
28-08-2016, 09:21 PM
No real point discussing this early until we know about Wood, Macrae & Libba.

In addition, Stringer is an obvious. Toby McLean must play.
Minson won't play/can't play. Today was his last game for the Western Bulldogs.
I wouldn't be playing Koby Stevens. I would be losing Suckling if Wood comes up - and if we get the whole lot back, then Clay and Jongy are the obvious ones that lack the class.

LostDoggy
28-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Well going by Bevo's presser we are only getting Wood and Roughy back... no mention of Libba/Macrae

bulldogtragic
28-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Well going by Bevo's presser we are only getting Wood and Roughy back... no mention of Libba/Macrae
Campbell, McLean & Stringer will be match fit with Wood & Roughy. I think with the extra week we might just get Libba & Jack up.

Nuggety Back Pocket
28-08-2016, 10:12 PM
Today was the weakest team we had in for the year.i cannot recall a weaker forward line. Let's hope that Libba Wood and Macrae are right to go as the team needs a complete overhaul. Campbell and Roughead need to return as does Stringer.
In. Campbell Roughead Liberatoe Wood Macrae Stringer and McLean
Out. Minson Suckling Cordy Williams Smith Stevens and Dunkley.

LostDoggy
28-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Does the Thursday night timeslot mean we can't play anyone in the VFL first final? Would have liked Stringer to have another run.. Also Campbell.

Rocco Jones
28-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Does the Thursday night timeslot mean we can't play anyone in the VFL first final? Would have liked Stringer to have another run.. Also Campbell.

Yeah 5 day break will kill them. I think we would need to really see who our best 24 or so are and not play them. Could be more if we are considering Macrae, Libba etc.

Pickenitup
28-08-2016, 10:20 PM
In roughy wood stringer McLean Campbell dale
Out minson Stevens Smith Williams hrovat cordy

Rocco Jones
28-08-2016, 10:21 PM
My guess...

In- Wood, Stringer, Campbell, Roughead, McLean
Out- Dunkley, Cordy, C.Smith, Minson, Stevens

LostDoggy
29-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Tony says Tom will play

hujsh
29-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Tony says Tom will play

God we need him if true

1eyedog
29-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Reckon this is what is needed to win, except half that lot won't be at their best.

I'd give Jack and Libba a half in the 2nds if they're eligible.

Cyberdoggie
29-08-2016, 05:26 PM

I doubt it. I think we will have a fair idea of the squad for perth by the weekend. Could be a weak Footscray side in the QF.

Templeton31
30-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Can we play Clokey this week? ;)

LostDoggy
30-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Can we play Clokey this week? ;)

Amazing in the NRL a couple of weeks ago that Jarrod Hayne could sign up to the Titans in August (having not played League for years), play a few days later with minimal training or co-ordination with his teammates and immediately be their best player, or thereabouts. Says a bit about Hayne, but more about the competition.

1eyedog
30-08-2016, 11:05 PM
I doubt it. I think we will have a fair idea of the squad for perth by the weekend. Could be a weak Footscray side in the QF.

We will be picking it this week.

SlimPickens
31-08-2016, 09:19 AM
In: Wood, Roughead, Stringer, Campbell, Libba,Macrae, McLean

Out: Cordy, Minson, Williams, C.Smith, Stevens, Dunkley, Roberts

Do or die, you play your best team. The ins make us a far better side.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2016, 09:33 AM

With Cordy & Roberts out, are you thinking Roughead plays back, or is Hamling & Morris enough for tall defenders with Wood floating/intercepting?

bornadog
31-08-2016, 10:30 AM

With Cordy & Roberts out, are you thinking Roughead plays back, or is Hamling & Morris enough for tall defenders with Wood floating/intercepting?

I like Slims ins and outs but I am doubting Roberts will be dropped.

SlimPickens
31-08-2016, 10:31 AM

No Rough and TC ruck/forward. Play Hamling and Morris on Kennedy and Darling, wood floats and another small to play on the resting ruckman to expose them using both pace.

We must try to play this game on our terms, it's going to be a hot contest.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-08-2016, 10:39 AM
No Rough and TC ruck/forward. Play Hamling and Morris on Kennedy and Darling, wood floats and another small to play on the resting ruckman to expose them using both pace.

We must try to play this game on our terms, it's going to be a hot contest.

Particularly if it's wet.

I genuinely, sincerely hope, that we have the courage to pick that side.

Ozza
31-08-2016, 10:57 AM

Love it Slim.

1eyedog
31-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Going by Bevo yesterday I would say that Macrae is less than 50% and Libba better than 50%

Wood is a certainty and Jake will come in.

bornadog
31-08-2016, 11:28 AM
Particularly if it's wet.

I genuinely, sincerely hope, that we have the courage to pick that side.

I am also doubting Dunkley will be dropped.

The Pie Man
02-09-2016, 12:16 PM
When are teams announced? Wednesday?

Remi Moses
02-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Roberts won't get dropped and I'd say Dunkley won't get dropped .
Just a gut feel I reckon Libba will play and Macrae won't .
I think Wood, Stringer, Roughy or TC come in, and Minson and Stevens would be two I drop .

1eyedog
03-09-2016, 07:51 PM
I think Wood, Stringer, Roughy or TC come in, and Minson and Stevens would be two I drop .

With you on all of that. I got the feeling at training on Tuesday that Macrae will come up a week short. If we win, I think he'll play the second final.

I'd like to see Mclean in as well.

Twodogs
03-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Libba missed last year so will be doubly keen to play.

LostDoggy
03-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Libba is such a weird unit.. Did you see channel 7 try and interview him when he was walking back to his car yesterday, wearing his 90's looking get up... First he stood in a pot hole and nearly tripped, then said he 'should be right for round one" they asked again and he said 'hopefully back for the Freo match"

What a man.

comrade
03-09-2016, 10:45 PM
Libba is such a weird unit.. Did you see channel 7 try and interview him when he was walking back to his car yesterday, wearing his 90's looking get up... First he stood in a pot hole and nearly tripped, then said he 'should be right for round one" they asked again and he said 'hopefully back for the Freo match"

What a man.

Media hounded him after his strike a few years back. Not surprised he treats them with the contempt they deserve.

azabob
03-09-2016, 10:49 PM
From what I understand that's just Liberatore. I heard he dated (still may) a Sydney girl and told her he was a tradie rather than a footballer. When she was done one weekend he said he was playing football and she could come and watch him. Apparently she was quiet shocked when she saw the size of Etihad stadium and the size of the crowd.

kruder
03-09-2016, 10:58 PM

Surely will will go for the 2 ruckman plus Boyd set up with the structure debacle of last week?My concern is that Campbell might not be in contention to play with his lack of match practice/injury concerns hence it might force our hand again.

Bulldog Revolution
04-09-2016, 08:28 AM
The AFL website had us dropping Jong, Minson and Hamling

I honestly wonder if there reporters watch footy proposing dropping Hamling after a terrific game and given we are playing against the Eagles and need options against Kennedy and Darling

Rocco Jones
04-09-2016, 12:16 PM
B: Wood, Roberts, Morris
HB: M.Boyd, Hamling, JJ
C: Picken, Bonts, Hunter
HF: Daniel, T. Boyd, Dahl
F: Dickson, Campbell, Stringer
R: Roughead, Macrae, Libba
IC: Biggs, Suckling, Jong, Dunkley
------------------------------------------
Obviously a massive difference if 2-3 of our guns can be right. Would like to see more team balance types in/contested guys who can't kick out but I can't see Bevo changing our team so dramatically now. To be fair, Jong seems to lift his game against quality opposition. Dunks had 13 tackles against Freo. Clay and Stevens just too many of the same type.

If Libba OR Macrae don't come up= Really want to find a spot for Williams and his foot skills but we have a few HB types and he might get lost. Toby McLean would be my pick.

If both don't come up= Pointless thinking otherwise, we will go with another solider. I love Clay but I just cannot see his value to the side at the moment. Seems a lock to get 10-15 disposals @ 50ish% efficiency, 3 tackles and 1 goal. He doesn't seem to even have the engine (fair enough with his time out) to offer constant pressure forward like Dunks. I would go with Koby.

Remi Moses
04-09-2016, 01:17 PM
Surely will will go for the 2 ruckman plus Boyd set up with the structure debacle of last week?My concern is that Campbell might not be in contention to play with his lack of match practice/injury concerns hence it might force our hand again.
Campbell and Roughy are bit part forwards, so I'd go with one and Boyd the second ruckman.

Rocco Jones
04-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Campbell and Roughy are bit part forwards, so I'd go with one and Boyd the second ruckman.

The problem is if we go with Roughy, he can't play long stints in the ruck meaning Boyd's time is disjointed.

Campbell hasn't played much footy recently and would also probably struggle to take a massive load.

If we play one less ruck it's not like the next guy in will offer us heaps of value. It will either be Zaine Cordy who is really battling (not his fault) or yet another contested ball foot solider who can't kick and will need to play too much time forward.

bornadog
04-09-2016, 02:06 PM

Love this team, West Coke won't know what hit them.

MrMahatma
04-09-2016, 02:57 PM
Reckon we should play Campbell and Roughead. With no Natanui, it's a chance for us to really press home a midfield advantage.

bulldogtragic
04-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Obviously a massive difference if 2-3 of our guns can be right. Would like to see more team balance types in/contested guys who can't kick out but I can't see Bevo changing our team so dramatically now. To be fair, Jong seems to lift his game against quality opposition. Dunks had 13 tackles against Freo. Clay and Stevens just too many of the same type.

If Libba OR Macrae don't come up= Really want to find a spot for Williams and his foot skills but we have a few HB types and he might get lost. Toby McLean would be my pick.

If both don't come up= Pointless thinking otherwise, we will go with another solider. I love Clay but I just cannot see his value to the side at the moment. Seems a lock to get 10-15 disposals @ 50ish% efficiency, 3 tackles and 1 goal. He doesn't seem to even have the engine (fair enough with his time out) to offer constant pressure forward like Dunks. I would go with Koby.

Picken, Libba, Macrae, Bonts, Dunkley or Jong, Dahl, Daniel & Stringer if required should be enough contested ball winners in my book. So I'd look at McLean for Jong or Dunkley. Their team defence and zoning defence is very good and I think the foot speed and polish by foot that McLean brings adds more than the 9th inside ball winner. A team resembling what you put down gives me hope that if we play to our absolute best, nullify the crowd early and jump them that we could just pull a win from against the odds. As unlikely as it is, there's enough talent in that 22 if even nearly fit.

The Pie Man
05-09-2016, 10:58 AM
Picken, Libba, Macrae, Bonts, Dunkley or Jong, Dahl, Daniel & Stringer if required should be enough contested ball winners in my book. So I'd look at McLean for Jong or Dunkley. Their team defence and zoning defence is very good and I think the foot speed and polish by foot that McLean brings adds more than the 9th inside ball winner. A team resembling what you put down gives me hope that if we play to our absolute best, nullify the crowd early and jump them that we could just pull a win from against the odds. As unlikely as it is, there's enough talent in that 22 if even nearly fit.

I'm a fan of Toby and hope he plays, but quick he ain't.

1eyedog
05-09-2016, 01:06 PM
We've been using Libba in a forward attacking role this year, lots of running and goal kicking. I wonder with the injury whether we'll look to decrease his work load in the first final and play him inside where he can distribute at stoppages rather than cover large amounts of ground.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2016, 01:14 PM
We've been using Libba in a forward attacking role this year, lots of running and goal kicking. I wonder with the injury whether we'll look to decrease his work load in the first final and play him inside where he can distribute at stoppages rather than cover large amounts of ground.

It's do or die, so I wouldn't like to think we will get him to do a less damaging role. If he can do to Shuey what he was doing to Dangerfield before his injury, I will be stoked. He had a close tag at stoppages and was nullifying him, but he was also burning him on the counter attack. His kicking, and in particular his goal kicking this year has been sensational. He has become like an NFL punter with his goal kicking from 40 off one step. Seeing what the WCE eagles defensive zone and high pressure did to Adelaide, a guy who can be dangerous off a single step either kicking inside 50 or hitting the scoreboard himself is gold. Unless his opponent is holding on to him, you can't stop it and that makes us dangerous and could make them have to change their plans mid game.

bornadog
05-09-2016, 01:31 PM
Press Conference:

MOZ.

* Macrae and Libba have trained well his morning. It's up to the match committee now.

* If they're both fit and firing I'd love to have them both back.

* It's not just Josh Kennedy we have to worry about, they've got plenty of talent up forward.

* Caleb should be a big chance for the Rising Star tomorrow, he's a great kid and a very good player.

* We'll look at the things we did well last time we played them. We take it into this game and go into Thurs with confidence.

The Bont

* We took the weekend off as a chance to freshen up. If you use it the right way it'll put us in good stead.

* I'm not sure if I'll captain this week, we'll see if Easton gets up. Hopefully he does.

* We don't put too much emphasis on any player kicking our goals. We will hope to spread the load and look to keep them to a low score.

* You do reflect on last year's final a bit but we've learnt a lot and we're well prepared to take on the Eagles.

* I'm sure Caleb is humbled by his Rising Star nomination but he knows we've got bigger fish to fry.

Liam Picken

* We're all going to have to be on the ball, everyone contributing.

* We're not worried about the travel and everyone is really looking forward to getting over there.

* Both Macrae and Libba have worked really hard to get right and they're excited to just get back out on the training track

The Pie Man
05-09-2016, 04:03 PM
In: Stringer, Macrae, Roughead, Wood, Libba
Out : Cordy, Stevens, Minson, Williams, Smith

Want to fit McLean in but can't - maybe for Hrovat, though I'd be loathe to drop him
Feel for C Smith, but can't see him getting picked this week
Much stronger side this week

FrediKanoute
05-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Can't see us dropping Smith. Defensive work rate is high and he is the type of player to get on the end of a few if things go right.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2016, 10:17 PM
Is the team going to WA tomorrow does anyone know?

1eyedog
05-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Wednesday

jeemak
05-09-2016, 10:40 PM
Is the team going to WA tomorrow does anyone know?

Midday the day prior.

Apparently the team didn't like the full two days in advance which formed the preparation for the Fremantle game.

Bulldog4life
06-09-2016, 09:33 AM
For those that haven't heard it Bevo and Murph will be on AFL360 tonight.

Ozza
06-09-2016, 01:15 PM
Reported on the Age that 6 bulldogs (including Libba, Macrae & Wood) have already flown to Perth. And that all of Stringer, T.Boyd, Roughead, Libba, Macrae and Wood will play.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/western-bulldogs-set-to-welcome-back-jake-stringer-easton-wood-tom-liberatore-jack-macrae-20160906-gr9ps6.html

Ozza
06-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Given the likely 'Ins' - this is where I see the side now. Hrovat, Dunkley and McLean would be most vulnerable - but I think the Rat and McLean have the class edge on the others - and Dunkley has been playing well.

B; Morris, Roberts, Wood
HB: Biggs; Hamling; M.Boyd
C: Hunter; Bontempelli; Johannisen
HF: Picken; Stringer; Hrovat
F: Dunkley; T.Boyd; Dickson
R: Roughead; Liberatore; Dahlhaus
Int: Suckling; Macrae; C.Daniel; McLean;

Miss Out:

Stevens, B.Williams, C.Smith; Jong; Z.Cordy

comrade
06-09-2016, 01:24 PM
Given the likely 'Ins' - this is where I see the side now. Hrovat, Dunkley and McLean would be most vulnerable - but I think the Rat and McLean have the class edge on the others - and Dunkley has been playing well.

B; Morris, Roberts, Wood
HB: Biggs; Hamling; M.Boyd
C: Hunter; Bontempelli; Johannisen
HF: Picken; Stringer; Hrovat
F: Dunkley; T.Boyd; Dickson
R: Roughead; Liberatore; Dahlhaus
Int: Suckling; Macrae; C.Daniel; McLean;

Miss Out:

Stevens, B.Williams, C.Smith; Jong

Strong side, would love an extra ruckman but not Bevo's style.

Cordy also misses from your side.

Ozza
06-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Yes - will edit to include Zaine in the 'misses out'.

He has been contributing - but for me, is a long way from making the best 22 with all of these returning players.

The look of this team gets me excited and optimistic about Thursday night.
I mean - just imagine being able to play Jake Stringer in the side :cool:

LostDoggy
06-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Geez these Ins make our side look so much better..

bulldogtragic
06-09-2016, 01:42 PM
When is the team formally announced? Tomorrow or today?

bornadog
06-09-2016, 01:59 PM
From The Age

A group of six players, including Liberatore, Macrae and Wood, have already flown over to Perth.

BornInDroopSt'54
06-09-2016, 01:59 PM
The Ageis reporting that Libba and Macrae are already over in Perth. God we have missed Macrae, Wallis and Libba. They are the collective dynamo of our team, getting the ball a lot and bringing others into it. Now we have something to combat West Coast's play and rabid home ground advantage. Come on Jakie boy fire up knowing you are going to get opportunities if you work for them.

bornadog
06-09-2016, 02:30 PM
More from AFL site:

Stringer and Wood joined Tom Boyd, Matt Suckling, Liam Picken and Jordan Roughead on a flight to Perth on Tuesday, with the rest of the team to travel on Wednesday.

Roughead is expected to play after missing round 23 with a calf injury, while Boyd pulled up well from an ankle injury sustained in the loss Fremantle.

Fellow ruckman Tom Campbell will also make the trip west, and appears to be insurance if either first-choice big man doesn't play.

Cyberdoggie
06-09-2016, 02:41 PM
More from AFL site:

Interesting, maybe they hoped to sneak them over separate to the main group, that way they won't get trapped by the media.
At least from the Tullamarine side, i'm sure they will be waiting for them in perth.

All the guys that have been doubtful, injured, out of form with the exception of Picken are flying over. Maybe they just want to try and escape some of the cameras and interviews they might get asked.

BornInDroopSt'54
06-09-2016, 02:53 PM
The plan was for the team to fly over the day before the game, in contrast to what we did versus Freo. Maybe the above individuals made their own call to get there earlier and get set.

boydogs
06-09-2016, 03:03 PM
I can't see us making 7 changes. We all wish we had Libba, Macrae, Wood et al in and at their best but the reality is if we play them they will be underdone. Injured and not injured is not black and white

Our depth is pretty good, guys like Smith, Jong, Dunkley & Stevens were built for finals so if one of them stays in we're probably not losing a lot when compared to someone underdone coming back in

Ozza
06-09-2016, 03:05 PM
For all except Picken (perhaps) - you would expect that they have some continuing bits of rehab and preparation post their injuries and the club thought they could get over and settle in after the flight and that they would have enough to do (body-wise) to be occupied throughout the next couple of days.

I believe the issue they found with the Freo game (and speaking to someone who works at another club who mentioned the same) is that if the players arrive nearly 48 hours before the game - and all they have is a captains run, then they just sit around at the hotel with not much to do.

MrMahatma
06-09-2016, 03:57 PM
What a difference they make to the squad on paper.

I think our chances of winning are to dominate the contested ball and keep it a relatively low scoring affair. Win 88-70 or something. If the game opens up we'll get torched by their talls I reckon.

That said - around the ground Roughie and Boyd may make good account for themselves and win the aerial contest.

bornadog
06-09-2016, 04:27 PM
For those that haven't heard it Bevo and Murph will be on AFL360 tonight.

Here they are in a press conference. Click here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-09-06/beveridge-previews-elimination-final)

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/vDldic936kZ_SBPModqZ-DltGG_DnxA1pF-F1euLdy0EI2CCbiQRoEdcxE18Wj0erB8KCYBIpyGYZ_133C61UL5WzPut1UL HOU8JSayNegomYDjcvWFGTps8MxRZgbw8yMSokj3OM82oyPPG7A=s0-d-e1-ft#http://image.tmclient.ticketmaster.com/lib/fe9515707d640c7871/m/6/DI060916-EDM-Hero.jpg

Bulldog4life
06-09-2016, 04:30 PM
Heard that the Western Australian Bulldogs members are organizing a march to the ground. Love it.

hujsh
06-09-2016, 04:56 PM
Here they are in a press conference. Click here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2016-09-06/beveridge-previews-elimination-final)

Roughead had a "mysterious sort of injury"

Curious

Eastdog
06-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Heard that the Western Australian Bulldogs members are organizing a march to the ground. Love it.

Great stuff. How many do they reckon at Subiaco will be our supporters who are outside the cheer squad.

bulldogtragic
06-09-2016, 06:02 PM
So Bevo at the presser virtually confirmed 5 inclusions: Stringer, Roughy, Wood, Libba & Macrae.

He also acknowledged Lycett & Giles being excellent against Adelaide, hopefully that means Campbell also plays. And I personally hope McLean gets a gong too.

Rocco Jones
06-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Hearing Bevo speak about a tipping point in terms of bringing in too many and that we won't go in as tall as we will be in the future. I think this points to no Campbell (I want him in).

My predictions
In- Wood, Libba, Macrae, Stringer. Roughy
Out- Stevens, Cordy, Williams, C.Smith, Minson

I love Clay but i really hope we don't play him.

Eastdog
07-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Once the teams are out I'll start the game day thread for our elimination final.

The Pie Man
07-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Stevo tweeted a 'rejig of Dogs defence likely, a regular tall may miss out with Morris/Wood combo back'

That'd have to be Fletch - Hamling's been more impressive and would likely match Kennedy for pace on the lead.

Revised ins - Smith would get a reprieve

In: Wood, Stringer, Macrae, Libba, Roughead
Out: Roberts, Cordy, Stevens, Williams, Minson

1eyedog
07-09-2016, 11:31 AM
Stevo tweeted a 'rejig of Dogs defence likely, a regular tall may miss out with Morris/Wood combo back'

That'd have to be Fletch - Hamling's been more impressive and would likely match Kennedy for pace on the lead.

Revised ins - Smith would get a reprieve

In: Wood, Stringer, Macrae, Libba, Roughead
Out: Roberts, Cordy, Stevens, Williams, Minson

Kennedy will eat Hamling's face off, just ask the Fuhrer!

comrade
07-09-2016, 12:57 PM

To be fair to Hitler (there's a line I never thought I'd use), he did assume Wood would miss, making it harder for Hammer :D

Cyberdoggie
07-09-2016, 01:10 PM

He may be quicker than Fletcher but he's still not quick enough and while Fletcher isn't a strong body player, Hamling is even less so.
Fletch is better at reading the play in the air and that's our best bet against the Eagles. If the ball is coming in there too fast and Kennedy is 1 out we are screwed either way, it also means we are losing the ball in the middle if that occurs it's game over. If we can slow them up then Moz and Wood will help out and we have shown we have one of the best defensive units in that aspect.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-09-2016, 02:04 PM
He may be quicker than Fletcher but he's still not quick enough and while Fletcher isn't a strong body player, Hamling is even less so.
Fletch is better at reading the play in the air and that's our best bet against the Eagles. If the ball is coming in there too fast and Kennedy is 1 out we are screwed either way, it also means we are losing the ball in the middle if that occurs it's game over. If we can slow them up then Moz and Wood will help out and we have shown we have one of the best defensive units in that aspect.

Disagree on this one. Roberts regularly gets lost in the air, and particularly on forwards who double back like Kennedy does. He then does not have the pace to make up any lost ground. Roberts is better suited to resting rucks, not leading forwards. Hamling is a far superior athlete and is a better option IMO.

Nuggety Back Pocket
07-09-2016, 04:41 PM
Hearing Bevo speak about a tipping point in terms of bringing in too many and that we won't go in as tall as we will be in the future. I think this points to no Campbell (I want him in).

My predictions
In- Wood, Libba, Macrae, Stringer. Roughy
Out- Stevens, Cordy, Williams, C.Smith, Minson

I love Clay but i really hope we don't play him.

Campbell is still our best tap ruck man and a handy fill in for Tom Boyd at FF should he be struggling.
Roughy and big Tom have been our best ruck combination this year.

Cyberdoggie
07-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Disagree on this one. Roberts regularly gets lost in the air, and particularly on forwards who double back like Kennedy does. He then does not have the pace to make up any lost ground. Roberts is better suited to resting rucks, not leading forwards. Hamling is a far superior athlete and is a better option IMO.

I didn't say he was great, just that he was better than Hamling.

I still have nightmares about Kennedy embarrassing Hamling over there last year when we got smashed, he looked lost.

I don't think either of them are well suited as a match up.

Mofra
07-09-2016, 05:40 PM
I didn't say he was great, just that he was better than Hamling.

I still have nightmares about Kennedy embarrassing Hamling over there last year when we got smashed, he looked lost.

I don't think either of them are well suited as a match up.
Option C - Cordy.
Might get as smashed as the first two option but at least he'll belt Kennedy while doing it.

Axe Man
07-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Crucial Dogs duo make trip west to face Eagles (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-07/crucial-dogs-duo-make-trip-west-to-face-eagles)

TRUE to Luke Beveridge's word, star midfielders Tom Liberatore and Jack Macrae have made the trip to Perth for Thursday's cut-throat elimination final against West Coast.

The important duo boarded a flight at Melbourne Airport bound for the west on Wednesday afternoon, after having not played since round 19 due to ankle and hamstring injuries respectively.

They'll join Easton Wood in Perth, after the stand-in skipper flew with an advanced touring party yesterday in his return from an ankle injury that saw him miss the final round of the home and away season.

Beveridge is confident his star trio would face the Eagles.

"(Easton) is good, he's come up, we've picked him and we expect him to play," Beveridge said on Tuesday.

"It's a credit to everyone to get 'Libba' and Jack Macrae to a point where they're available.

"(All three) are close to 100 per cent."

Beveridge said the Dogs wouldn't be out to turn the game into a scrap against a resurgent Eagles outfit, and that appears to be the case with match-winner Jake Stringer set to play after two weeks in the VFL.

Clever forward Toby McLean has also made the trip to Perth, but is likely to be insurance if any of his returning stars don’t play.

"We won't go into the game trying to screw it down and contain the (Eagles), we'll go in trying to play our natural game," Beveridge said.

“(We'll employ our) game style that's won us some tight contests against very good opposition.

"It won't be our objective to make it a ‘six-goal all’ type game.

"I don't think the game is going to bust open, (because) there's only been one team that’s really blown us out on the scoreboard during the year (a 57-point loss to Geelong in round 18).

"We believe we'll defend well, but we've got some plans in place to score as heavily as we can."

Midfielders Koby Stevens and Bailey Williams appear to be omissions from the side that lost to Fremantle in round 23, as they didn't check-in with the rest of the team.

Fletcher Roberts might be the unlucky defender if Wood proves his fitness as Joel Hamling has the versatility to play tall or small.

Tom Campbell was also notably absent after Beveridge said the ruckman would definitely make the trip west.

bornadog
07-09-2016, 05:57 PM
http://men-of-mayhem.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/men-of-mayhem-logo.png

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 06:03 PM
6 players left yesterday, so being absent today isn't a guarantee they're not playing.

Axe Man
07-09-2016, 06:06 PM
6 players left yesterday, so being absent today isn't a guarantee they're not playing.

Stringer, Wood, Tom Boyd, Suckling, Picken and Roughead left yesterday. I would say if Williams, Stevens and Campbell aren't on today's flight it's a fairly good sign they aren't playing.

Eastdog
07-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Stringer, Wood, Tom Boyd, Suckling, Picken and Roughead left yesterday. I would say if Williams, Stevens and Campbell aren't on today's flight it's a fairly good sign they aren't playing.

Yes you would think they wouldn't as all the players would want to get there and have 1 or 2 days to get ready. Players flying up on the day of the game is not the most ideal preparation.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 06:13 PM

Fair enough, I heard Bevo refuse to name the 6 players at the presser. If Campbell is not playing then that's really disappointing. Really.

Rocco Jones
07-09-2016, 06:28 PM
i think we go with a smaller backline. Hamling and Roberts BOTH aren't great options but at least Hamling offers something. Kennedy is too strong and fast for Fletch, will rip him apart. At least Hamling offers something speed wise. We need Wood and Morris to then help him out in contests.

Would have loved Campbell to be right. I think we need to have a tall forward permanently there to concentrate on negating McGovern/Barrass. My question is who would you prefer up forward... Roberts or Cordy? I know it's a bit last in the piece.

Remi Moses
07-09-2016, 06:33 PM
We need our mids to be manic with the pressure and allow Easton to go third in .
If the Eagles win the mid battle I fear a beatdown .
One things for sure no Nic Nat means their mids don't get silver service

Cyberdoggie
07-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Fair enough, I heard Bevo refuse to name the 6 players at the presser. If Campbell is not playing then that's really disappointing. Really.

Hasn't played much footy. Had a VFL game 2 weeks ago and lasted 5 minutes.
While I like the idea of having him. Match up wise I think we might be better without him.
Bevo wants to avoid bombing the ball up forward to avoid the eagles web and Mclovin and Barass intercepting marks.
Let's face it, none of our key forwards/rucks are good enough to beat this. The crows couldn't with their attack so we won't be able to either. We have to be smarter and move the ball quick enough to break the web, same with the eagles on our defence.

With us possibly selecting under done players we are going to need all the runners we can get on that ground. Not an underdone resting ruckman.

We need to dominate the ball in the middle, control the possession, move the ball quick and hope Dickson, Smith, Stringer and Mclean if they play can be creative and sneak some goals.

hujsh
07-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Big surprise with the Rat out.

Disappointing as you'd think one of Smith, Jong or Dunkley would be surplus to needs.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 07:27 PM

Disappointing as you'd think one of Smith, Jong or Dunkley would be surplus to needs.

Haven't seen the team. That's really disappointing.

comrade
07-09-2016, 07:30 PM

Street fight.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Ins: Stringer, Roughy, Libba, Macrae, Wood
Outs: Minson, Hrovat, Stevens, Williams, Roberts

bornadog
07-09-2016, 07:31 PM
Big Surprise the Rat out. Roberts won't be a happy Chappy

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Interchange from:

Suckling, Campbell, McLean, Libba, Macrae, Smith, Roberts

I'd have Suckling, Libba, Macrae & Campbell/McLean

bornadog
07-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Interchange from:

Suckling, Campbell, McLean, Libba, Macrae, Smith, Roberts

I'd have Suckling, Libba, Macrae & Campbell/McLean

You have included emergencies.

Interchange is:
Matthew Suckling
Jack Macrae
Clay Smith
Tom Liberatore

Rocco Jones
07-09-2016, 07:34 PM
I think Roberts is the call we had to make. He really struggles with tall forwards who have speed + strength/size. Kennedy will be too strong/big for either him, Morris or Hamling, but the latter at least can compete with speed. It also allows us to play a more mobile team defence.

bornadog
07-09-2016, 07:35 PM
I think Roberts is the call we had to make. He really struggles with tall forwards who have speed + strength/size. Kennedy will be too strong/big for either him, Morris or Hamling, but the latter at least can compete with speed. It also allows us to play a more mobile team defence.

Woof has been a little divided on Roberts, some saying we have labelled him the scapegoat. He has been just ok this year.

LostDoggy
07-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Street fight.

Street Fighting Men of Mayhem!!!

bulldogtragic
You have included emergencies.

Interchange is:
Matthew Suckling
Jack Macrae
Clay Smith
Tom Liberatore

I thought the members email looked weird... Saying "Interchange From"

Campbell, McLean & Hrovat are all worthy. We are obviously going back to the McCartney era and looking to make this a contested street fight, God knows our good foot users and second ruck can't get a game.

1eyedog
Jong better repay the faith. If he flops and goes to Collingwood next year I'll lose my shit. With some hard nuts coming in would have preferred to see him out and Tobius Maximus in.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Woof has been a little divided on Roberts, some saying we have labelled him the scapegoat. He has been just ok this year.

I guess with Cordy still in the team, we have an option to drop him back instead of needing to use Roughy.

Axe Man
07-09-2016, 07:38 PM
Biggest surprise for me is Cordy keeping his spot. I guess Bevo is keen to keep McGovern and Barrass honest and hopefully limit their intercept marking.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 07:38 PM
So our blue chip KPF is 50% rucking. Woooooooooo!!

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 07:46 PM
Also the media reported Campbell hasn't travelled. So how is he an emergency if 25 players have travelled?

josie
07-09-2016, 07:55 PM
Win the midfield, improve delivery into 50 and play like there is no tomorrow. We were never going to match their height and with Lycett out and Jetta out too we might just pull this off. Go Dogs!!

How can I concentrate on work tomorrow? Will Bevo make a late change? Will Stringer and Bont put on a show? So many questions, cannot wait!!

Sedat
07-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Brown in for Jetta tells me they are worried Lycett doesn't come up, or at the very least can't run the game out. One less downhill skier and midfield rotation doesn't hurt us at all.

josie
07-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Oops, Lycett in however as Remi noted might be a late withdrawal.

always right
07-09-2016, 08:15 PM
Need Jong's run. Happy with changes although would have preferred another goal kicker.....McLean for Smith.

SonofScray
07-09-2016, 08:23 PM
Mostly happy with the team elected, surprised that Roberts goes out and that Smith stays in over McLean. Either way it looks real good on paper. 5 goal win our way.

whythelongface
07-09-2016, 08:24 PM
Need Jong's run. Happy with changes although would have preferred another goal kicker.....McLean for Smith.

Agreed. Thought Clay has struggled recently and that McLean would have been a better option.

kruder
07-09-2016, 08:28 PM
So our blue chip KPF is 50% rucking. Woooooooooo!!

Bevo most love watching us bombing long to a forward line containing midfielders. I still think we are a show because the boys bring effort in spades but seriously show me how this forward setup has worked post camhead.

kruder
07-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Brown in for Jetta tells me they are worried Lycett doesn't come up, or at the very least can't run the game out. One less downhill skier and midfield rotation doesn't hurt us at all.

Agree Im rapped that Jetta is out.

LostDoggy
07-09-2016, 08:48 PM
Agreed. Thought Clay has struggled recently and that McLean would have been a better option.

Colgate still a chance as named as an emrg. if someone dosn't come up from the flight.
As a side note-
THANK CHRIST Razor Ray and that Bald headed FREAK from the Munsters aren't umpiring our game.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
07-09-2016, 09:12 PM
That's no way to talk about Uncle Fester

LostDoggy
07-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Don't understand the Cordy selection.. he's just not good enough to play that role. Campbell should be playing. He will offer us more as a forward option and can allow Boyd to play 100% forward.

Brown coming in for them is very interesting..

comrade
07-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Don't understand the Cordy selection.. he's just not good enough to play that role. Campbell should be playing. He will offer us more as a forward option and can allow Boyd to play 100% forward.

Brown coming in for them is very interesting..

Reckon Cordy is there to keep one of McGovern and Barrass occupied. If he can clunk a few, all the better.

Campbell just hasn't played enough footy in recent times, IMO. Different to Libba and Macrae, he's not an endurance beast and would get worked over on longer Domain oval.

Ozza
07-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Colgate still a chance as named as an emrg. if someone dosn't come up from the flight.
As a side note-
THANK CHRIST Razor Ray and that Bald headed FREAK from the Munsters aren't umpiring our game.

I wouldn't have minded Razor Ray umpiring our game. He might be a bit painful and keen to be centre of attention - but he's tough and experienced enough to not be swayed by the Perth crowd.

The garbage that goes on at fixtures in Perth in terms of favoring the locals is out of control. I don't think it happens anywhere else to that extent.

Ozza
07-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Personally I wouldn't have picked Cordy - but I can see that there is some logic behind it as he gives us some flexibility to compete forward, but also be an extra tall defender if things are getting out of control with Kennedy, Darling etc.

Hrovat is a bit stiff I think, I didn't think we would have all of Smith, Jong & Dunkley in the side.

lemmon
07-09-2016, 10:33 PM
Hrovat selection makes no sense to me, he's brought a lot to the side with his zip and ball use

The Bulldogs Bite
07-09-2016, 11:01 PM
I like the Roberts decision because if we can bring the ball to ground, we may have an opportunity to run it out and hurt them. Roberts wouldn't negate Kennedy whatsoever and offers nothing offensively, so it makes sense.

Disappointed there's no Campbell, but somewhat understandable given his lack of footy and recent concussion. I really wish we were going into the game with him though.

I think going in with all of Jong, Smith and Dunkley is a big mistake. Both McLean and Hrovat would be my preferences, particularly with no Campbell. If we are going to be hitting up the leads/making good decisions to avoid McGovern and Barass, we need players who can hit targets by foot and make good decisions. Sadly none of these traits belong to Jong, Smith or Dunkley. With both Libba and Macrae back, I'm amazed we've went in with the other 3. Smith is seriously lucky.

Jetta out for them is pretty big IMO. Has been very damaging since returning. I hope both Lycett and Brown play - they're ordinary footballers and it robs them of run.

azabob
07-09-2016, 11:22 PM
Agree with the calls that Hrovat and McLean should be both playing. It comes down to class V's hard at the footy.

There could still be a late change.

MrMahatma
07-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Hrovat selection makes no sense to me, he's brought a lot to the side with his zip and ball use

It's a bad call IMO. We need good users.

1eyedog
08-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Remember when we all said that Clay was born to play finals? Here's his chance.

LostDoggy
08-09-2016, 10:25 AM

I agree!!

bornadog
08-09-2016, 10:28 AM

I hope he plays the small forward role.

Mofra
08-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Biggest surprise for me is Cordy keeping his spot. I guess Bevo is keen to keep McGovern and Barrass honest and hopefully limit their intercept marking.
Can go forward or play back.
With Roberts out he may play back at times. It's a final so we've clearly gone for aggression and toughness at the ball/opponent with Smith, Jong and Cordy

S Coast Simon
08-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Finals are not like ordinary games they are a grind at best. We need the hard men in finals hence smith Jong and Dunkley. These boys are hard at it.

Ozza
08-09-2016, 11:17 AM
Finals are not like ordinary games they are a grind at best. We need the hard men in finals hence smith Jong and Dunkley. These boys are hard at it.

Although I'm far from Jongy's biggest fan, he was a good player in our final last year - so I am optimistic that we will see his best.

Bulldog4life
08-09-2016, 11:38 AM
Although I'm far from Jongy's biggest fan, he was a good player in our final last year - so I am optimistic that we will see his best.

Jongy is our Mr. September.

Mantis
08-09-2016, 12:40 PM

Was this said pre or post knee injuries?

Greystache
08-09-2016, 12:47 PM

He also has a pretty incredible record in finals at all levels. Perhaps we have faith in his ability to lift for the big occasion. His run should also be a weapon at Domain assuming he plays well.

bornadog
08-09-2016, 01:13 PM
He also has a pretty incredible record in finals at all levels. Perhaps we have faith in his ability to lift for the big occasion. His run should also be a weapon at Domain assuming he plays well.

Lets hope his decision making improves.

1eyedog
08-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Was this said pre or post knee injuries?

Before, and then again repeatedly after his first three games back. He's had a bit of a downturn the last 5 weeks but I'll back him in.

always right
08-09-2016, 05:39 PM
Lets hope his decision making improves.

Let's hope all of our players' decision making improves.

Sedat
09-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Finals footy is a different beast to H&A - in hindsight our selections for last night were absolutely perfect. Hrovat out was stiff but all of Smith, Jong (until injured) and Dunkley played pivotal roles in pressuring the West Coke mids relentlessly. Stevens would have been one inside mid too many as well, especially with Libba and Macrae back in. Smith and Dunks are also very crafty at getting into dangerous goal-scoring positions, which is worth its weight in gold in September when the scoring dries up, the pressure is intense and space is at an absolute premium.

boydogs
11-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Finals footy is a different beast to H&A - in hindsight our selections for last night were absolutely perfect. Hrovat out was stiff but all of Smith, Jong (until injured) and Dunkley played pivotal roles in pressuring the West Coke mids relentlessly. Stevens would have been one inside mid too many as well, especially with Libba and Macrae back in. Smith and Dunks are also very crafty at getting into dangerous goal-scoring positions, which is worth its weight in gold in September when the scoring dries up, the pressure is intense and space is at an absolute premium.

If the balance was right, then who comes in for Jong?

always right
11-09-2016, 07:04 PM
If the balance was right, then who comes in for Jong?
Only Dale performed well enough for Footscray to be considered. Interesting that Smith, McLean and Webb were pulled out of today's game so it appears that the Jong replacement might come from one of the last two. Smith might be on standby if Wood doesn't come up.

bornadog
11-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Only Dale performed well enough for Footscray to be considered. Interesting that Smith, McLean and Webb were pulled out of today's game so it appears that the Jong replacement might come from one of the last two. Smith might be on standby if Wood doesn't come up.

I prefer McLean out of that lot. Agree, if Wood is sore, then Smith may be a very lucky man.

LostDoggy
11-09-2016, 09:08 PM

Most probably. Wouldn't be completely shocked if he came in for Biggs, who has been paddling for a while.