PDA

View Full Version : Are we looking forward to the finals 2016

Eastdog
28-08-2016, 08:56 PM
It's good to have another finals series upon us with us involved but are we looking forward to our first final in 2 weeks.

LostDoggy
28-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Shit yeah!!!!
Bring it on West Coke MOFO'S!!!!!!!!!

chef
28-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Not at the moment. Closer to the day I'll cheer up a bit more about it and maybe think what if, but my confidence is gone right at this point.

SonofScray
28-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Ts. I had a brief crisis of hope/optimism for about an hour after the final siren. Now I think we can win the flag again. Looking forward to to seeing us win a few finals and come back to Melbourne for The Day.

always right
28-08-2016, 09:11 PM
I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves. Would take so much gloss off the year.

AndrewP6
28-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Not right now, but the alternative is for the season to be over right now. We're in it, so that is a positive.

1eyedog
28-08-2016, 09:29 PM
No I'm not, not yet.

LostDoggy
28-08-2016, 10:06 PM
I am. This year has always been about progress and development. Given the setbacks, we have done exceptionally. WCE in Perth is a massive challenge that can only provide benefits for our further growth. Bring it on.

Eastdog
28-08-2016, 10:35 PM
We have be positive and say we have had another strong year and injuries have played a big part of where we are at.

Eastdog
28-08-2016, 10:41 PM
Ts. I had a brief crisis of hope/optimism for about an hour after the final siren. Now I think we can win the flag again. Looking forward to to seeing us win a few finals and come back to Melbourne for The Day.

Loving the positivity SonofScray in many of your posts about winning the flag.

Greystache
28-08-2016, 10:46 PM
Can't see us getting within 100 points, so not really.

Score prediction;
WCE 150
WB 40

ledge
28-08-2016, 10:47 PM
If we win which game do we play the loser of ? Is it Geelong Hawks ?

merantau
28-08-2016, 11:06 PM
If you go into anything thinking that you can't succeed, you are right. We have to have a positive mind set and a plan the cornerstone of which must be: get our hands on the ball first, get numbers around the contest and convert our chances.

Eastdog
28-08-2016, 11:10 PM
If we win which game do we play the loser of ? Is it Geelong Hawks ?

Yep that's correct ledge.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Can't see us getting within 100 points, so not really.

Score prediction;
WCE 150
WB 40

Yep, I can see this getting truly ugly.

Kennedy to kick 10.

Throughandthrough
28-08-2016, 11:54 PM
If we lose we will have an easier draw than if we win.

Also feeling very flat, but as above, i'll barrack like F%& when the match is on.

Bulldog4life
29-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Really looking forward to it. Why not? We are in another final series for the second year in a row under Bevo. We are going to be a very good side for many years to come. Our best is still yet to come. I am looking forward to Thursday week and feel confident that the boys will put in a much better effort against the Weagles than on Sunday against Freo.

Sedat
29-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Yep, I can see this getting truly ugly.

Kennedy to kick 10.
Whilst I share a similar level of apprehension about playing our first final at the hostile territory of Subi, I think you and 'stache are overplaying the strength of West Coke. They are a good team but they are also without their most important player to their structure. They got by for 1 week on shock factor but their midfield dominance (and subsequent forward conversion) is so heavily reliant on Nic Nat that it simply has to impact them in the finals - also they played by far the worst midfield in the top 8 in terms of depth and quality (especially with Sloane out). By contrast we have an elite ball-winning and clearance midfield in our own right (especially if we can get a couple of them back) and can nullify the threat of their forwards by denying the ball to them. The obvious big question mark is if we can cobble together enough of a score ourselves.

Not sure of the result but I think this will be a low scoring scrap, something like 10-11 goals to 8-9.

mjp
29-08-2016, 02:30 PM
I am dreading next Thursday night.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Whilst I share a similar level of apprehension about playing our first final at the hostile territory of Subi, I think you and 'stache are overplaying the strength of West Coke. They are a good team but they are also without their most important player to their structure. They got by for 1 week on shock factor but their midfield dominance (and subsequent forward conversion) is so heavily reliant on Nic Nat that it simply has to impact them in the finals - also they played by far the worst midfield in the top 8 in terms of depth and quality (especially with Sloane out). By contrast we have an elite ball-winning and clearance midfield in our own right (especially if we can get a couple of them back) and can nullify the threat of their forwards by denying the ball to them. The obvious big question mark is if we can cobble together enough of a score ourselves.

Not sure of the result but I think this will be a low scoring scrap, something like 10-11 goals to 8-9.

While I agree to an extent and in theory, we have shown absolutely no ability to play at Domain for four quarters. I expect us to be competitive at times, but there are a few issues I see happening:

a) We'll allow ourselves to be hunted by continually handballing to somebody flat footed. Domain lacks width so this ridiculous gameplan of throwing around the ball eats you alive IF the pressure from West Coast is spot on, which you would assume it will be. It's part of why Hawthorn always struggle at Domain too.

b) We don't tag. That means Gaff will torch us on the outside.

c) Our inability to score is matched only by our inability to hit a target moving forward. McGovern is in sensational form and may just set up a rug, a picnic and a couple of chairs to feast on our stupidity.

d) Kennedy. Roberts. Wake me up when it's over.

I may be dramatising it a little and obviously if we can add Libba, Macrae, Wood, Campbell etc. to the side we will be much more competitive than we were yesterday v Freo. Having said that, I think we've looked shot after the Norf win. There's various reasons for it. A week off is an absolute blessing for us right now, but I still can't see how or where we can put the Eagles to the sword. No Nic Nat helps but their ruck division is still probably better than ours.

Greystache
29-08-2016, 02:47 PM

I don't think they're a great team, but they're a good team at home. We meanwhile are a bottom 4 team at Subiaco.

West Coke are also a team that can score heavily, and when there's some snow around they can ski down a mountain better than anyone in the league. I strongly suspect we'll bring the snow.

To be even competitive we'd need to play just about our best game for the season. How many times in history has a Bulldogs team played their best footy for the season in a final?

Sedat
29-08-2016, 02:59 PM
While I agree to an extent and in theory, we have shown absolutely no ability to play at Domain for four quarters. I expect us to be competitive at times, but there are a few issues I see happening:

a) We'll allow ourselves to be hunted by continually handballing to somebody flat footed. Domain lacks width so this ridiculous gameplan of throwing around the ball eats you alive IF the pressure from West Coast is spot on, which you would assume it will be. It's part of why Hawthorn always struggle at Domain too.

b) We don't tag. That means Gaff will torch us on the outside.

c) Our inability to score is matched only by our inability to hit a target moving forward. McGovern is in sensational form and may just set up a rug, a picnic and a couple of chairs to feast on our stupidity.

d) Kennedy. Roberts. Wake me up when it's over.

I may be dramatising it a little and obviously if we can add Libba, Macrae, Wood, Campbell etc. to the side we will be much more competitive than we were yesterday v Freo. Having said that, I think we've looked shot after the Norf win. There's various reasons for it. A week off is an absolute blessing for us right now, but I still can't see how or where we can put the Eagles to the sword. No Nic Nat helps but their ruck division is still probably better than ours.
Believe me I'm not brimming with confidence, but apart from the Cats in one game we haven't been torched by anyone this season. We are Freo circa 2015 (have been most of the season due to lack of personnel/lack of continuity), and are more than capable of turning this into a dirty scrap. We also have a couple of outrageous weapons of our own that they will struggle to contain if we can win the midfield battle.

Picken simply has to do to Gaff what he did to Sidebottom 2 weeks ago - it would be suicide if we didn't put the clamps on him. Kennedy and Darling are obvious threats - the only way we can nullify them is to stop it getting in there often enough, and that task is made much easier with no Nic Nat. Taking care of the Crouch brothers and a couple of Crowbots is a walk in the park compared to our plethora of inside mids and clearance work.

Having said all that, we simply have to be so much smarter with spotting up small forward targets around the 40m instead of the dopey long bomb, which McGovern and Barrass will gobble up all night. Constant movement from Dickson and Stringer will be critical to this, as will the likes of Clay Smith, Daniel, Dahl and anyone else spending time up forward. Boyd to halve any aerial contests.

We don't need to put them to the sword - we are incapable of this anyway IMO - we just need to cobble together a dozen goals or so and make sure we make their life hell in close and deny their inside 50's. Space is at a premium in finals, which theoretically advantages us more than them.

Sedat
29-08-2016, 03:04 PM
I don't think they're a great team, but they're a good team at home. We meanwhile are a bottom 4 team at Subiaco.

West Coke are also a team that can score heavily, and when there's some snow around they can ski down a mountain better than anyone in the league. I strongly suspect we'll bring the snow.

To be even competitive we'd need to play just about our best game for the season. How many times in history has a Bulldogs team played their best footy for the season in a final?
I'd like to think we are much harder to break down this season compared to even last year and previous Bulldog finals incarnations. Agree that if there is to be a blowout it sure as hell won't be us.

Like I said, I'm not overly confident but I don't think it will be one-way traffic for them especially without their armchair ride out of the middle courtesy of Nic Nat.

comrade
29-08-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm looking forward to Footscray playing.

Rocco Jones
29-08-2016, 03:18 PM
I'm looking forward to Footscray playing.

Cranbourne and Perth. What have we done to deserve this?

mjp
29-08-2016, 03:29 PM
Cranbourne and Perth. What have we done to deserve this?

Look on the bright side - at least this year it is you shelling out for airline tix rather than me!

Sedat
29-08-2016, 03:41 PM
The irony of us being rubbish at Subi (which we have been for a long time) is that the ground dimensions at the kennel are very similar.

bornadog
29-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Fact - We have never lost a Thursday Final. :D

Murphy'sLore
29-08-2016, 04:08 PM
There's the banner, Danny.

Eastdog
29-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Fact - We have never lost a Thursday Final. :D

And may that record continue :)

bornadog
29-08-2016, 04:37 PM
There's the banner, Danny.

Haha, it was from Danny.

Mantis
29-08-2016, 05:55 PM
I was looking forward to the game before they pencilled it in for the Thursday night.. I was meant to be flying back into Melbourne arriving at 7.50pm on that night... Been busy changing travel arrangements for the best part of the day.

And I've forgotten about yesterdays game.. We selected a poor team, didn't play with our normal intensity and played as bad as we could in a dead rubber.. Confident we will give a good account of ourselves.

EasternWest
29-08-2016, 10:58 PM
I was looking forward to the game before they pencilled it in for the Thursday night.. I was meant to be flying back into Melbourne arriving at 7.50pm on that night... Been busy changing travel arrangements for the best part of the day.

And I've forgotten about yesterdays game.. We selected a poor team, didn't play with our normal intensity and played as bad as we could in a dead rubber.. Confident we will give a good account of ourselves.

Mantis if you read this your account has been hacked.

LostDoggy
29-08-2016, 11:52 PM

Yes. Bevo and the boys will give it everything, we are a slim chance but still a chance, hjt them hard and low and consistently like its the last game of the year and hope they are as confident as they deserve to be.

Ozza
30-08-2016, 12:02 AM
Notwithstanding that round 23 was a disaster (for the fans) of a game....

The players haven't let us down this year. We haven't always played to our best, but the evidence of how we have responded to diversity this season would suggest to me that (as Mantis said) we will give a very good account of ourselves.

Crucial that we pick our best 22. Would love to see the In's include all of Stringer, Macrae, Wood, Liberatore and Roughead.
The week off will do us good, the last time we had ourselves a week off, we came out and beat the Swans in Sydney.
Going to be extremely hard to win, but I think we'll be in it.
I'm looking forward to seeing a finals performance befitting of our efforts this season.

bornadog
30-08-2016, 12:18 AM
Notwithstanding that round 23 was a disaster (for the fans) of a game....

The players haven't let us down this year. We haven't always played to our best, but the evidence of how we have responded to diversity this season would suggest to me that (as Mantis said) we will give a very good account of ourselves.

Crucial that we pick our best 22. Would love to see the In's include all of Stringer, Macrae, Wood, Liberatore and Roughead.
The week off will do us good, the last time we had ourselves a week off, we came out and beat the Swans in Sydney.
Going to be extremely hard to win, but I think we'll be in it.
I'm looking forward to seeing a finals performance befitting of our efforts this season.

I think Stringer, Roughead and Wood will be certain starters.

Danny the snakeman
30-08-2016, 12:34 AM
I see member tics go on sale tomorrow, just wondering if you can use Sideline Member to purchase tics and do you need a membership for each tic you want or can you get 8 (max) tics with the one membership.

thanks

Mantis
30-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Mantis if you read this your account has been hacked.

I guess I have chilled.. Over the course of the year we have put in about 2-3 stinkers, which for a team that generally has been fielding a team in the bottom 3 or 4 in terms of experience (games played) is pretty good... We sucked on the weekend, but assuming we make the expected 5-7 changes we will look and play like a very different team.

The Pie Man
30-08-2016, 11:40 AM
It's been well documented that the time off will suit a few boys nursing injuries, but it also gives the MC an opportunity to do something really different to combat the Eagles of the last few weeks.

Expecting a renewed effort on the contested possession/clearance front with the type of midfield pressure we saw earlier in the season.

Eastdog
30-08-2016, 03:58 PM
I see member tics go on sale tomorrow, just wondering if you can use Sideline Member to purchase tics and do you need a membership for each tic you want or can you get 8 (max) tics with the one membership.

thanks

This might help you Danny

Five steps to finals tickets
westernbulldogs.com.au
29 August 2016 4:12 PM

The Western Bulldogs will take on the West Coast Eagles in the Second Elimination Final in Perth on Thursday, 8 September, at 8.10 EST.

Tickets for eligible Club members will go on sale 12.00pm EST, Tuesday 30 August and with high demand, we recommend members follow these steps to ensure they have the best chance of securing a ticket.

Here’s how to do it in five easy steps.

1. The best way to purchase is online via ticketmaster.com.au.

2. Have your 12-digit membership barcode ready. If you are purchasing for other members, you must have their barcodes ready as well as there are no guest passes available for this match.

3. Make sure you have a Ticketmaster account set up. Don’t have one? Set one up today here. Why? This will save valuable time entering your details during the on-sale and all you need to do tomorrow at 12pm is simple log in.

4. We recommend selecting ‘best available’ seating or know what category seating you want to purchase and taking the first seats you are presented. If you navigate back to select other seats, with the speed of internet sales, you may not be able to get the seats back that you were first presented if you want them.

5. If purchasing in an agency, to make the sale as fast as possible, have all your membership barcodes and any concession ID’s ready.

Exclusive to westernbulldogs.com.au

Scraggers
30-08-2016, 04:11 PM
I am dreading next Thursday night.

Me too ... Got tickets for myself and my son. It will not be a pleasant night surrounded by arrogant/ignorant Eagles supporters

The Bulldogs Bite
30-08-2016, 04:15 PM
I'm looking forward to our end of season decisions in terms of list management, because currently we have plenty of holes that quickly need addressing (namely a severe lack of forwards of all natures and skillful mids).

I'm not excited for our final, but I'm interested to see what we can dish up.

Eastdog
30-08-2016, 04:19 PM
I'm looking forward to our end of season decisions in terms of list management, because currently we have plenty of holes that quickly need addressing (namely a severe lack of forwards of all natures and skillful mids).

I'm not excited for our final, but I'm interested to see what we can dish up.

Is the issue really a lack of forward power or a lack of forward structure. We have T Boyd, Stringer, Crameri coming back next year and then guys like Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Smith, Mclean etc where goals can come from. Would getting someone like Cloke make it better necessarily because he is known to be a frustrating player today.

craigsahibee
30-08-2016, 04:59 PM
Finals. Ho Hum.
Another campaign.
Hopefully we get some inclusions along the lines of Stringer, Wood, Roughy, McLean and Webb and possibly Campbell.
We looked like a team that was playing under intense instructions on the weekend. Come next Thursday, let's un-leash the "Men of Mayhem" style, and then I might start to get pumped up.

Remi Moses
30-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Gosh I'll need some Morrissey on high rotation Thursday night
Seriously

Cyberdoggie
30-08-2016, 05:23 PM
No I'm not, not yet.

I'm tipping you will be if we win. :D

We have had a couple of good wins interstate when it mattered in the last two years. Sydney games at the SCG against the odds. Port. Perhaps we will surprise all. Here's hoping.

LostDoggy
30-08-2016, 09:31 PM
Is the issue really a lack of forward power or a lack of forward structure. We have T Boyd, Stringer, Crameri coming back next year and then guys like Hrovat, Dahlhaus, Smith, Mclean etc where goals can come from. Would getting someone like Cloke make it better necessarily because he is known to be a frustrating player today.

Of the players you have listed only one has the physical dimensions to play as a genuine KPF (Boyd). Cloke, or Vickery or whoever else is available at a reasonable price, is necessary because a team with top 4 aspirations can not go into a season with 1 realistic option as a key forward - even 2 would be bare minimum I reckon.

Eastdog
30-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Of the players you have listed only one has the physical dimensions to play as a genuine KPF (Boyd). Cloke, or Vickery or whoever else is available at a reasonable price, is necessary because a team with top 4 aspirations can not go into a season with 1 realistic option as a key forward - even 2 would be bare minimum I reckon.

Do you predict PP with Crammers coming back next year that will help Boyd and Stringer out. Boyd needs to play FF - we did not pay $1million so he could be a ruck man for us. With the rucking duties would you say now that it is between Campbell and Roughead as Minson clear now is just out of favour. Could we possibly be looking for a ruck in the trade or draft?

Nuggety Back Pocket
30-08-2016, 10:42 PM

It is more than the need for another KPF. Our attack was far better last year with Stringer Dickson Crameri and Dahlhaus all playing well. In 2016 we have been without Crameri, Dahlhaus missing many games through injury, a poor year by Stringer and an indifferent year from Dickson. Cloke may or may not make a huge difference whilst Tom Boyd is still a work in progress. Teams like WCE Geelong and Hawthorn may not have 2 KPF's but they have a spread of goal kickers that we need to get back to achieving.

jeemak
31-08-2016, 12:15 AM
I'm optimistic in most games these days providing we have enough of our best or walk up 22 players playing, and if the cards fall our way we may only be without three or four of them which isn't bad compared to the rest of the season!

However, given I've been looking into simulation theory out of boredom recently I feel we are on a path for the year that is set by parameters already clearly and concisely outlined. These parameters aren't subtle, nor are they suitable to our ambitions.

But the optimist in me still dictates my attitude leading into the game will be positive. Though, as most of you have witnessed over the years on game day that optimism is capable of being replaced with other less favourable 'isms quite rapidly.

Sedat
31-08-2016, 01:33 PM
I always look forward to a finals campaign, even though we invariably let ourselves down at the highest level. I have a gut feeling that this year's group is made of stronger stuff and won't let us down in September like previous incarnations have done.

merantau
31-08-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm like you Sedat. I really feel this group is different. They have overcome so much this year it would be completely out of character for them to throw in the towel. Get a few back and it's a new ball game. I am expecting a huge effort and, if the ball were to do us a favour and bounce our way every now and then, a major upset will ensue. GO DOGS!

SonofScray
31-08-2016, 11:36 PM
I always look forward to a finals campaign, even though we invariably let ourselves down at the highest level. I have a gut feeling that this year's group is made of stronger stuff and won't let us down in September like previous incarnations have done.

I certainly feel that this group has something up their sleeve and can arrest adverse scenarios. It is not just a pre determined thing where we win the games we are supposed to and get bundled out by better teams when it is our turn anymore. It feels more about how well we play on the day.

FrediKanoute
01-09-2016, 02:06 AM
Going to be tough though vs WCE - we always struggle against them in Perth and they are in good form.

bornadog
01-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Going to be tough though vs WCE - we always struggle against them in Perth and they are in good form.

29 appearances at Subi with 7 wins and a draw

1eyedog
01-09-2016, 11:21 AM
If we've learnt anything from last year's loss we simply need to come up with a strategy that allows us to play a high defence while preventing West Coke to have a get out over the back. We seem intent on the 22 man defence so I don't see us going man for man out the back and if this is the case we need to win the stoppages and clearances convincingly to limit this happening. If we don't get it out of the stoppage our pressure needs to be manic, all night. If we don't win it / and our pressure is off, they kick goals easily.

I want to see a repeat of the Geelong game down there, 100% commitment and if we manage to get Wood, Libba and Stringer and even McLean and Campbell and have no injuries throughout the game, we're a good chance.

It's a shit gig first up, but they don't have Nic Nat and I doubt their hack rucks can repeat the performance against the Cows. They won that because they got first use and Adelaide don't have a midfield. Hopefully we're a different proposition.

The Pie Man
01-09-2016, 12:21 PM
If we've learnt anything from last year's loss we simply need to come up with a strategy that allows us to play a high defence while preventing West Coke to have a get out over the back. We seem intent on the 22 man defence so I don't see us going man for man out the back and if this is the case we need to win the stoppages and clearances convincingly to limit this happening. If we don't get it out of the stoppage our pressure needs to be manic, all night. If we don't win it / and our pressure is off, they kick goals easily.

I want to see a repeat of the Geelong game down there, 100% commitment and if we manage to get Wood, Libba and Stringer and even McLean and Campbell and have no injuries throughout the game, we're a good chance.

It's a shit gig first up, but they don't have Nic Nat and I doubt their hack rucks can repeat the performance against the Cows. They won that because they got first use and Adelaide don't have a midfield. Hopefully we're a different proposition.

That Geelong game is probably the best game we've played in the last month (despite being a loss) My main concern is not just how we played last week (which you can understand in some ways) but our form over 4 weeks.

The North game was pleasing, though a real bore. They were vulnerable.

The Collingwood game was fun to watch, though we looked in huge trouble in the 3rd quarter until Bont & Jong helped us over the line.

We were quite poor in parts vs Essendon, and then the Freo debacle.

Even since the Sydney win, we struggled over Richmond, looked poor against an undermanned GCS and then lost to St Kilda.

With a few back in and a significant rest, I'm more confident we can look better next week...let's hope the break can stifle the Eagles momentum.

Eastdog
01-09-2016, 02:16 PM

It's not a great record. Hopefully will get our 8th win there next Thursday night.

Scraggers
01-09-2016, 05:03 PM

And I've been to all (bar 1) of the games. Would love this win ... it would make the 20 plus losses worth it !!!

My Eagle mates and associates are already counting this game as a win ... some even sprouting they have the bye next Thursday.

Twodogs
01-09-2016, 05:29 PM
That Geelong game is probably the best game we've played in the last month (despite being a loss) My main concern is not just how we played last week (which you can understand in some ways) but our form over 4 weeks.

The North game was pleasing, though a real bore. They were vulnerable.

The Collingwood game was fun to watch, though we looked in huge trouble in the 3rd quarter until Bont & Jong helped us over the line.

We were quite poor in parts vs Essendon, and then the Freo debacle.

Even since the Sydney win, we struggled over Richmond, looked poor against an undermanned GCS and then lost to St Kilda.

With a few back in and a significant rest, I'm more confident we can look better next week...let's hope the break can stifle the Eagles momentum.

One of the few things that fell our way was the week off. It's an extra week for our injured guys to get up and for West Coast the last thing you want to do when you are in form is stop.

bornadog
01-09-2016, 05:31 PM
And I've been to all (bar 1) of the games. Would love this win ... it would make the 20 plus losses worth it !!!

My Eagle mates and associates are already counting this game as a win ... some even sprouting they have the bye next Thursday.
everyone has written us off including 90% of the forum.

We will surprise all and the Cokes won't know what hit them

1eyedog
01-09-2016, 05:32 PM
By next Thursday I'll be expecting the win.

Some Coke supporters I know are nervous about this one. They know the Dogs won't bring the same show they did against the Dockers. They're wary of our expected ins.

Also, it's a final and you can never underestimate a finals opponent.

bornadog
01-09-2016, 06:00 PM

Some Coke supporters I know are nervous about this one. They know the Dogs won't bring the same show they did against the Dockers. They're wary of our expected ins.

Goes up a notch in finals.

Twodogs
01-09-2016, 06:35 PM

A bit like '99 in reverse. We were flying. We'd won 9 of our last 10 games and had thumped Port by 67 points in the last round. West Coast had lost at home to St Kilda by 7 goals.

I expect they were feeling a bit flat when they came over here

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2016, 07:00 PM
One thing, obviously, in our advantage is that by having the week off their momentum is somewhat stifled whilst it allows us to get some quality players back.

Might not be enough - but it's something to hang our hat on.

Before 3 weeks ago, the Eagles were crap.

Raw Toast
01-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Not quite looking forward to it because I'm going to be in the UK, but nevertheless, while I think we are deserved underdogs, Beveridge has two weeks to prepare us for an opponent which has to be a very good thing, and we've generally been impressive after a loss while hopefully the Weagles are overconfident.

Revenge for 1999 would be glorious.

bornadog
01-09-2016, 11:36 PM
Not quite looking forward to it because I'm going to be in the UK, but nevertheless, while I think we are deserved underdogs, Beveridge has two weeks to prepare us for an opponent which has to be a very good thing, and we've generally been impressive after a loss while hopefully the Weagles are overconfident.

Revenge for 1999 would be glorious.

We have also had a practise match at the ground, highly unusual for an away team to play their twice one game after another.

Twodogs
02-09-2016, 12:09 AM
One thing, obviously, in our advantage is that by having the week off their momentum is somewhat stifled whilst it allows us to get some quality players back.

Might not be enough - but it's something to hang our hat on.

Before 3 weeks ago, the Eagles were crap.

Until Nic came back.

We have also had a practise match at the ground, highly unusual for an away team to play their twice one game after another.

That's what it was. A practice match. Doesn't count. Only pretend. Cool.

So we've really won our last three? I don't see what the panic is about.

Go_Dogs
02-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Based on current form lines, we should lose. But I don't buy into that too much.

West Coast have been pretty average, spluttering along most of the year in a very inconsistent fashion. Yeah, they're always hard to beat at home, they have a good forward line and a few key players through the midfield and down back, but not enough quality that I genuinely fear them.

We're more than capable of knocking them off and causing an upset, which I expect we will. I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't.

Am I looking forward to the game? Yep. Other than the terrible decision to play it on a Thursday night!

Sedat
02-09-2016, 11:20 AM
We've only lost 2 in a row once this season, and that was in a very creditable loss to Geelong at the Cattery. We bounce back well after a loss and I expect us to do so again next week. Whether it's enough to get over the line is the big question - safe to say we're overdue for a finals win as underdog.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-09-2016, 11:50 AM
We've only lost 2 in a row once this season, and that was in a very creditable loss to Geelong at the Cattery. We bounce back well after a loss and I expect us to do so again next week. Whether it's enough to get over the line is the big question - safe to say we're overdue for a finals win as underdog.

The football world writing us off will help us too.

We respond well to that, this group certainly doesn't like to be seen as "making up the numbers" and I think win (or lose) by the time next Thursday Night rolls around, Bevo will have the group eager to respond.

It goes without saying, but a good start is just absolutely critical.

azabob
02-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Until Nic came

But you do realise TD that Nic wont be playing?

Talk Lycett is also sore with a knee ligament he injured against Adelaide.

Twodogs
03-09-2016, 01:27 AM
But you do realise TD that Nic wont be playing?

Talk Lycett is also sore with a knee ligament he injured against Adelaide.

Thats my point. They came good when he returned. Now he's gone they may drop off again.

Interesting about Lycett.

1eyedog
03-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Didn't against the Cows. Also, they've got gold eker Giles who knows what he'll pull out of his arse. Nic Nat is such a massive loss for them.

merantau
03-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Didn't against the Cows. Also, they've got gold eker Giles who knows what he'll pull out of his arse. Nic Nat is such a massive loss for them.

A rolled gold eker like Giles is unlikely to play out of his skin two weeks running. To do so would run contrary to one of the eker's core characteristics - flatter to deceive. I

LostDoggy
04-09-2016, 12:12 AM
A rolled gold eker like Giles is unlikely to play out of his skin two weeks running. To do so would run contrary to one of the eker's core characteristics - flatter to deceive. I

Just to further Giles credentials, he pulled out that performance in Round 23. Classic eker work.

SonofScray
04-09-2016, 12:30 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrbbkxPUIAEko4m.jpg

LostDoggy
05-09-2016, 09:53 PM
I'm scared.

Twodogs
06-09-2016, 11:36 PM
I'm scared.

We'll be right.

Eastdog
06-09-2016, 11:45 PM
We'll be right.

Saw on the news tonight some of our players flew to Perth today so that is a big sign we are keen.

AndrewP6
06-09-2016, 11:51 PM
I'm not that optimistic, but now I'm just thinking 'Bring it!'... The alternative is to not be playing finals.

Twodogs
06-09-2016, 11:54 PM
Saw on the news tonight some of our players flew to Perth today so that is a big sign we are keen.

The players had a light run this morning and then flew out.

Eastdog
06-09-2016, 11:59 PM
The players had a light run this morning and then flew out.

Big game from Jake coming up.

LostDoggy
07-09-2016, 01:35 AM

Pretty sure we're keen.

Ozza
07-09-2016, 09:50 AM
I think we are a good chance to win - and have taken the $5 on offer for 1-39.

You have to put a line through the last couple of weeks given the team we've been sending out there.

The team on Thursday night will be closer to the 1st half team v Geelong at Geelong, where we were playing very very well until Libba and Macrae went down. If you look at our overall season, there is only one match that we have never really been 'in'. I know we have played badly in Perth in the past, but I think this time the Eagles will have to played very very well to beat us.

LostDoggy
07-09-2016, 10:00 AM

You have to put a line through the last couple of weeks given the team we've been sending out there.

The team on Thursday night will be closer to the 1st half team v Geelong at Geelong, where we were playing very very well until Libba and Macrae went down. If you look at our overall season, there is only one match that we have never really been 'in'. I know we have played badly in Perth in the past, but I think this time the Eagles will have to played very very well to beat us.
After reading this thread Ozza, you may just want a small saver on the 40+ :)

Ozza
07-09-2016, 10:21 AM

Haha - I'm very happy to 'do my money' on the dogs winning by 40+!

craigsahibee
07-09-2016, 02:52 PM
I am now.

My mood has changed. Don't know whether through hope or anticipation, but we're right in this. I believe in this group and more importantly, THEY BELIEVE.

Murphy'sLore
07-09-2016, 03:14 PM
I've started to hope now, too, despite the cold hard logic that insists we have no chance... But this team have given me too many reasons not to believe. If anyone can pull it off, they can. Go Dogs!

bornadog
07-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Getting excited

http://replygif.net/i/483.gif

chef
07-09-2016, 03:44 PM
Ive had a week and a half of dread. Im ready to be put out of my misery. Im trying to be optimistic but just cant see it.

hujsh
07-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Still down. Ins give me some hope it won't be too bad and the fact we're not meant to win also gives me some hope but overall pretty sure it won't be fun (and it honestly hasn't been what I'd consider a fun year, more frustrating if anything)

1eyedog
07-09-2016, 03:58 PM
Well I've potentially blown around 2k on this trip. It's great to catch up with mates over here but it's 2k I wouldn't have spent if we weren't playing here.

bornadog
07-09-2016, 04:07 PM
Well I've potentially blown around 2k on this trip. It's great to catch up with mates over here but it's 2k I wouldn't have spent if we weren't playing here.

It will be well worth it.:)

Eastdog
07-09-2016, 04:12 PM
I've started to hope now, too, despite the cold hard logic that insists we have no chance... But this team have given me too many reasons not to believe. If anyone can pull it off, they can. Go Dogs!

Pretty much what I'm feeling as well ML.

comrade
07-09-2016, 04:26 PM

I went to the Sydney game thinking we'd get a fair belting and it turned out being the best win I've attended live.

I hope you get to experience the same feeling X 10.

bornadog
07-09-2016, 06:26 PM
This will get you excited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTn9D6SWaDg&feature=youtu.be

LostDoggy
07-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Getting excited

http://replygif.net/i/483.gif

You're a lot younger then what I imagined you to be BAD!!! ;)

LostDoggy
07-09-2016, 07:11 PM
This will get you excited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTn9D6SWaDg&feature=youtu.be

Nice to see Stringer prominent.

Happy Days
07-09-2016, 07:12 PM
Nice to see Stringer prominent.

Note that a bunch of this is from last year

Go_Dogs
09-09-2016, 07:41 AM
Based on current form lines, we should lose. But I don't buy into that too much.

West Coast have been pretty average, spluttering along most of the year in a very inconsistent fashion. Yeah, they're always hard to beat at home, they have a good forward line and a few key players through the midfield and down back, but not enough quality that I genuinely fear them.

We're more than capable of knocking them off and causing an upset, which I expect we will. I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't.

Am I looking forward to the game? Yep. Other than the terrible decision to play it on a Thursday night!

I had to double check it wasn't a dream this morning, but yeah, I am looking forward to the 2016 finals!!!

azabob
09-09-2016, 08:34 AM

So, I know nothing about betting...

But did the margin screw you over?

AndrewP6
09-09-2016, 08:40 AM
Yes I am!!

comrade
09-09-2016, 08:45 AM

1-39... ppffftt talk about lack of faith :D

Mantis
09-09-2016, 09:39 AM
1-39... ppffftt talk about lack of faith :D

I had $50 on 1-39.. Stupid me didn't realise the odds were the same for H2H.

We were paying about $30 for 39+.. :(

bulldogtragic
09-09-2016, 09:43 AM
I had $50 on 1-39.. Stupid me didn't realise the odds were the same for H2H.

We were paying about $30 for 39+.. :(

Damn. We've come in a fair bit in the odds for the flag too. $13 I saw just after the game.

bornadog
09-09-2016, 10:06 AM
Damn. We've come in a fair bit in the odds for the flag too. $13 I saw just after the game.

We were 1-51 before the game.

Ozza
09-09-2016, 10:14 AM
So, I know nothing about betting...

But did the margin screw you over?

Yes it did. But never have I been happier to do my dough. A donation I would happily make every week!!

Ozza
09-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Should have taken your advice!!