PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to The Bont and Matty Boyd for AA selection

bornadog
01-09-2016, 11:13 PM
Matty Boyd now three times AA and The Bont at aged 20 his first of many.

Bevo must be extremely proud of these guys as are all of we.

The Bulldogs Bite
01-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Great effort to both for opposite reasons and well deserved.

KT31
01-09-2016, 11:29 PM
Great stuff by the old timer and the youngster, Matty only gets better with age and I cannot ever recall being so excited about having someone who in the next season or two will be the most elite player in the competition.

Go_Dogs
02-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Well done to both, great to see their consistent seasons recognised.

Murphy'sLore
02-09-2016, 08:54 AM
Congratulations to both Boyd and Bonti, both richly deserved accolades.

westdog54
02-09-2016, 09:19 AM
Bonti joins Wingard, Pavlich and Ricciuto as 20yo All Australians. Ben Hart won AA honours at 18, then backed it up the next year.

That's elite company for Marcus.

LostDoggy
02-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Bonti joins Wingard, Pavlich and Ricciuto as 20yo All Australians. Ben Hart won AA honours at 18, then backed it up the next year.

That's elite company for Marcus.

When you consider that he had no preseason (I remember many of us were concerned when he was still on crutches only a few weeks out from the season) and has had to carry a massive load due to the amount of quality midfielders that have been out injured, especially in the back half of the season, Bont's effort to (a) play every game, (b) take on extra leadership - becoming the youngest ever winning AFL captain (c) swat away extra opposition attention like pesky flies and (d) play to an incredibly high standard (All-Australian, top 6 in AFL rankings, top 5 in AFLCA award) is nothing short of astonishing.

Rest him up well, he's got a big 15-20 years ahead of him.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Congrats to both boys. The youngster and the old timer. SIGN MATTY BOYD UP NOW!

Ozza
02-09-2016, 12:20 PM
Well done to both.

I know I shouldn't be annoyed - seeing as they are both in the team - but I'm a little 'miffed' that Bonti is not in the starting 18.

All of Parker, Martin and Bontempelli are named on the bench - and they are more than a chance to run 2nd, 3rd, 4th in the brownlow. All should be in the starting 18 before Toby Green, Josh Kennedy (Syd) & Cyril.

Apart from Dangerfield - I can't think of two players who have had more influence in their teams winning matches than Bonti and Parker.

Happy Days
02-09-2016, 02:44 PM
Boyd very lucky if I'm honest; Docherty and Neale should have had his and Enright's spots (good to see the whiteboard rule still in effect for Corey).

Every year the selectors disappear up their own backsides trying to play smartest guy in the room. At least this time it yielded a win for the good guys (re: us).

Eastdog
02-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Congratulations Matt and Marcus.

Great stuff. Matty Boyd has been in some great form and Bont is Bont.

Remi Moses
02-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Please someone put Tarrant in the side !
The incessant moaning is just nauseating .
I think he should be in the side, but the constant whinging is just to much

Bulldog Revolution
04-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Boyd very lucky if I'm honest; Docherty and Neale should have had his and Enright's spots (good to see the whiteboard rule still in effect for Corey).

Every year the selectors disappear up their own backsides trying to play smartest guy in the room. At least this time it yielded a win for the good guys (re: us).

Docherty was good in a bad side but nowhere near all Aus in my eyes

Neale gets a lot of meaningless possessions and seems like a tool

Greene for me was the one they went too early on

1eyedog
04-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Simpson had a great year probably deserved Boyd's spot but the teams that win more inevitably have more reps. Would love Simpson at the dogs.