PDA

View Full Version : Your Ideal Trade Period 2016

bulldogtragic
02-09-2016, 04:41 PM
For me I think 6 changes. 3 additions in the trade window.

In: (6 - 3 Trades/Free Agents & 3 ND draft picks & 2 RD picks)

Travis Cloke - for not much expense now he's nominated us (Picks 66 & 69). The hard running CHF that changes the dynamic of our forward line.
Nathan Brown - free agent. Not sure we are getting Marchbank, we missed Hurley. We really badly need a mature KPD that can withstand big bodied forwards, and he's free. He's a big upgrade on Roberts IMO.
Boomer Harvey - free agent. As Rocco has pointed out his goals and score involvements as better than nearly everyone on our list. He helps us with polish and getting the ball inside 50 better and hit the scoreboard. We are a contender next year and he makes us better. And he's free.

Outs: (6 - 4 Trades & 2 delistings Minson, Prudden)

Stevens - for the best offer possible. Would Essendon offer 19 & 37 - for - Stevens and Pick 30 (& 59 if they wanted it).
Jong - with no third rounders this year, can he help us get into the third or even late second round? GCS have so many picks between the teens to 40 that if they want a mature midfielder, maybe we can get slight overs. Or even second rounder 2017.
Honeychurch- Contracted, but needs more opportunities and might ask for them. Upgraded pick for 2017.
Roberts - Contracted. If we land Brown (or similar), with Morris, Hamling, Cordy, Wood, Adams & Collins he's surplus. I'm sure for an upgraded exchange of 2017 late picks we'd work something out.

The list profile adds in: Mature KPD, Mature CHF, Mature Polished Ball User. The old saying is 'trade for need'. We have a few needs.

ND Picks 12, 19 & 37 - Looking for elite ball users, maybe a KPF to develop.
RD Picks 12 & 30 - Looking to add a depth/injury covering ruckman, perhaps from a state league. (Unsure where Mick Romero might fit in)

The 2017 draft could see us needing to replace Bob, Boomer, Boyd & Morris potentially. Plus looking hard at a couple of kids and anyone wanting out. If we have 5 or 6 picks, perhaps trading players now for decent picks next year might cushion the impact. 4 picks inside 40 would be great, and rookie upgrading the rest.

I'd be happy we've improved for 2017 and set up better again for 2018.

Axe Man
02-09-2016, 05:42 PM
I can't argue with any of that. I would be happy if trade period turns out something like that, of course I'm sure there will be some unexpected developments in the coming months.

Mofra
02-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Ditto, although I'm not sure we'd get that for Koby Stevens (I'd do that deal in a heartbeat).

As long as we take a first round pick to the draft I'd be happy.

bulldogtragic
02-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Ditto, although I'm not sure we'd get that for Koby Stevens (I'd do that deal in a heartbeat).

As long as we take a first round pick to the draft I'd be happy.

Yeah, a tad optimistic. I essentially rated where Koby is now and his potential and measured it to something like the Lake trade (which ironically he was a part of). An 11 pick downgrade in the second round and a third rounder from Essendon (offering 59 if they wanted it too).

1eyedog
02-09-2016, 06:42 PM
I don't know BT. Cloke and Harvey at the Bulldogs would really hit home that we are now in a mercenary business. Do we lose a bit of our Bulldog culture bringing in legends and big personalities from other clubs? I'm stuck in the 80s on this I know but it would be very difficult for me watching the Bulldogs with both Harvey and Cloke running around in our colours. I'm sure, however, that 99.9% of our fans won't care if it means a flag in 2017.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
02-09-2016, 06:48 PM
My ideal trade period starts with Cloke going to someone other than us and Boomer retiring.
I think Cloke will be way more trouble than he is worth and aside from his goalkicking woes i can see him creating problems should his terrible form continue and he languishes in the 2s.
Boomer, Dahlhaus and Daniel can't play in the same side. Therefore no to Boomer

bornadog
02-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Big fat no to Boomer and Brown.

bulldogtragic
02-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Big fat no to Boomer and Brown.

So you want Roberts on the big boys next year?

chef
02-09-2016, 07:37 PM
Is Brown an upgrade on Roberts?

azabob
02-09-2016, 07:52 PM

I think only in age and games played.

Apparently North are into Brown and Chris Mayne.... so much for the youth policy!

comrade
02-09-2016, 07:57 PM
I think only in age and games played.

Apparently North are into Brown and Chris Mayne.... so much for the youth policy!

Compared to the blokes they're replacing - Spud and Boomer - they're spring bloody chickens.

Bulldog4life
05-09-2016, 05:31 PM

No. I only saw him play one game that I can remember this season and the reason I remember it was that the amount of times he turned the ball over was horrendous. A big no from me to get Brown.

Eastdog
05-09-2016, 06:01 PM
Bring back Bazza :D:D