04-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Too early mods? :D

(Edit: Not. The deal is done!)

westdog54
04-09-2016, 06:15 PM
That's just plain cheeky BT.

Twodogs
07-09-2016, 06:20 AM
Probably tempting fate but he comes, he doesn't come-I don't really care either way.

bulldogtragic
15-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Fox Sports: Jake Niall:

TRAVIS Cloke has come to terms with the Western Bulldogs and will join the club on a greatly reduced two-year deal, contingent on a trade.

The Dogs and Cloke’s management have agreed on a two-year contract which will see the Collingwood forward paid a fraction of this year’s $800,000 plus salary. Cloke was contracted to be paid close to $450,000 by the Magpies but the Bulldogs will extend his contract by a season while paying him significantly less than that.

The only small sticking point will be the return that Collingwood will receive for the former All-Australian. It is unlikely to cost the Bulldogs much in terms of draft value given that Collingwood have recruiting priorities and need to open up salary cap room.

Sources suggest Cloke will be traded for a draft pick outside of the second round, although there is a chance the Magpies will request a player who has been deprived of opportunities at Whitten Oval.

... Our next pick outside the second round is pick 59.

bulldogtragic
15-09-2016, 07:47 PM
#destinationclub

Go_Dogs
15-09-2016, 08:01 PM
Bravo.

Will be good to have another big body in the forward half.

bulldogtragic
15-09-2016, 08:04 PM
Bravo.

Will be good to have another big body in the forward half.

HF: Crameri Cloke Stringer
F: Dickson T. Boyd McLean/Smith/Daniel/Dahl/Bonts etc

chef
15-09-2016, 08:05 PM
Great stuff. I'm excited to get Clokey.

cinder
15-09-2016, 08:07 PM
I was initially against the idea but I've warmed to it. The clincher will be whether Clokey will actually be able to kick goals. We don't need/want another unreliable forward

Twodogs
15-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Wasn't recruiting a player on that list of things you had BT?

bulldogtragic
15-09-2016, 08:12 PM
Wasn't recruiting a player on that list of things you had BT?

My list of things I do as a member? I've recruited the spine of a good forwardline.

Go_Dogs
15-09-2016, 08:14 PM
My list of things I do as a member? I've recruited the spine of a good forwardline.

Here's to the club recognising your achievements with a statue at the WO in 2025.

ledge
15-09-2016, 08:29 PM
He doesn't have to kick goas or even get a kick ,just take the best backman with him and let Stringer , Dickson , Boyd ,Crameri etc monster the 2nd and 3rd best backman.

Twodogs
15-09-2016, 09:36 PM
He doesn't have to kick goas or even get a kick ,just take the best backman with him and let Stringer , Dickson , Boyd ,Crameri etc monster the 2nd and 3rd best backman.

Isnt that the place in India where everyone smokes dope?

bulldogtragic
15-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Trav was still covering 15km a game at AFL this year and Crameri does likewise or more. They're both club leading goal kickers who cover over 30km combined a game. That a bloody huge asset to insert into side, leaving aside Tommy developing and Stringer & Dickson (who can then stay deep forward ala Gia) get the lesser defenders.

bulldogtragic
15-09-2016, 10:06 PM
TRAVIS Cloke is all but certain to join the Western Bulldogs in October's trade period on a two-year deal.

Cloke, 29, has been strongly linked to the Bulldogs in recent weeks after falling out of favour at Collingwood in 2016, when he was dropped three times and kicked just 17 goals from 13 games.

Although Cloke cannot officially join the Bulldogs until the trade period opens, AFL.com.au has confirmed the spearhead has settled on the Whitten Oval as his preferred new home and agreed on the essential terms of a deal for the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Cloke was contracted to the Magpies until the end of 2017 and was set to earn about $450,000 next season.

However, the 196cm forward will take a significant pay cut to extend his career at the Bulldogs, who will have to broker a trade with Collingwood to get their man.

However, the Pies are not expected to stand in Cloke's way, having committed to structuring their forward line around exciting young tall Darcy Moore.

Collingwood could be prepared to accept as little as a third-round draft pick, while it has also been linked to fringe Bulldogs midfielder Lin Jong.

The Bulldogs' bid for Cloke comes in the wake of Jack Redpath's likely absence for most of 2017 after a knee reconstruction.

With young tall Tom Boyd still finding his way at AFL level, Cloke will give Luke Beveridge an experienced big-bodied target in attack.

Cloke asked to be released from the final year of his contract with Collingwood in late August.

"All at Collingwood respect Travis’ right to explore his options and acknowledge his 12 years of exceptional senior service," the club said at the time.

Cloke kicked 441 games in 246 games at Collingwood from 2005-16 and won the club's best and fairest award in 2007.

A member of the 2010 premiership team, he lead the Magpies' goalkicking from 2011-14 and was an All Australian in 2011 and 2013.

hujsh
15-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Apparently he kicked 441 games. Can't say I knew that

ratsmac
15-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Well I was not 100% sold on the idea of Cloke in a Bulldog jumper but I suppose I'd have to get used to it. I'd much prefer Josh Kennedy (WC) wanting to come to the dogs but you can't always get what you want (you have to sing the last bit like Mick Jagger).

If Cloke can kick 30, Stringer 50, Dickson 40 odd and Crameri 35 plus the usual others chipping in, I'd probably take that.

Throughandthrough
15-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Always rated him very highly ;)

LostDoggy
15-09-2016, 11:42 PM
Always had a bit of a soft spot for old Travey ;)

S Coast Simon
16-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Well I was not 100% sold on the idea of Cloke in a Bulldog jumper but I suppose I'd have to get used to it. I'd much prefer Josh Kennedy (WC) wanting to come to the dogs but you can't always get what you want (you have to sing the last bit like Mick Jagger).

If Cloke can kick 30, Stringer 50, Dickson 40 odd and Crameri 35 plus the usual others chipping in, I'd probably take that.
Actually already was singing it like Mick when I first read your post. I think Cloke is a good move. Keep him between 40 -80 m out roaming the ground. Will be hard to contain out there and no missed goals just delivering into the 50. Has a beautiful field kick

AndrewP6
16-09-2016, 01:10 PM
441 goals, 360 behinds. Here's hoping he can find the goals more times.

craigsahibee
16-09-2016, 02:12 PM
Anyway of finding out what his goal kicking accuracy is at Etihad?

I know Collingwood don't play there that often but over his career the sample size must be big enough to gauge his form under the roof.

Just found it 58 Goals 38 Behinds in 38 games. Not that good.

Go_Dogs
16-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Anyway of finding out what his goal kicking accuracy is at Etihad?

I know Collingwood don't play there that often but over his career the sample size must be big enough to gauge his form under the roof.

Just found it 58 Goals 38 Behinds in 38 games. Not that good.

Better than his career average, at Etihad.

bulldogtragic
16-09-2016, 05:45 PM
1.5 goals & 1 behind a game.

We have 9 home games at Etihad. Possibly another 3 from opposition teams. So 12 games on his Etihad average is 18 goals from his Etihad games. If he gets his career average of 1.8 from other venues over 10 games, that's 36 goals from him (Plus finals if he plays all year).

Add in Crameri's 35 goals that's 70 goals (or 420 more points for) more potent potentially next year. Leaving aside that Stringer & Dickson should also kick more. These extra points jump our percentage this year with Hawthorn & North into the level of GWS, Sydney, Adelaide & Geelong from this year.

Bulldog4life
18-09-2016, 03:08 AM
1.5 goals & 1 behind a game.

We have 9 home games at Etihad. Possibly another 3 from opposition teams. So 12 games on his Etihad average is 18 goals from his Etihad games. If he gets his career average of 1.8 from other venues over 10 games, that's 36 goals from him (Plus finals if he plays all year).

Add in Crameri's 35 goals that's 70 goals (or 420 more points for) more potent potentially next year. Leaving aside that Stringer & Dickson should also kick more. These extra points jump our percentage this year with Hawthorn & North into the level of GWS, Sydney, Adelaide & Geelong from this year.

Yes BT and if we can compare him to Cordy playing in the forward line at the moment, admittedly as a defensive forward, Cloke is far superior as a forward

bulldogtragic
18-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Yes BT and if we can compare him to Cordy playing in the forward line at the moment, admittedly as a defensive forward, Cloke is far superior as a forward

Very true, and throughout the year we've played an inside midfielder as a forward with little return. Replacing that player with Crameri is another huge gain. You can see that Trav's trajectory has gone down under Buckley along with others. Nick Maxwell is on the record about Buckley's style not being good for some guys, especially Cloke. He needs a hands on, supportive, motivating coach that he wants to play for (like he did with Mick) and I reckon Bevo is absolutely perfect for him.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2016, 09:25 PM
From The Age a few days ago:

- Collingwood may be content with a fourth rounder.
- Cloke, who had one year to run on his contract, will have a restructured deal. The Dogs will give him a two-year contract and he is likely to earn less than $200,000 a season.

westdog54
21-09-2016, 09:34 PM
From The Age a few days ago:

- Collingwood may be content with a fourth rounder.
- Cloke, who had one year to run on his contract, will have a restructured deal. The Dogs will give him a two-year contract and he is likely to earn less than $200,000 a season.

The big sticking point for a trade with Collingwood would more than likely have been them paying part of his salary.

With that out of the way, and given how little senior football he played, I can't see them making outlandish demands.

bulldogtragic
21-09-2016, 09:45 PM
The big sticking point for a trade with Collingwood would more than likely have been them paying part of his salary.

With that out of the way, and given how little senior football he played, I can't see them making outlandish demands.

They're rumoured to in about $800,000-900,000 a season in free agents (Wells & Mayne). They can't get them without getting Cloke off the books. This is one of those good faith trades (pick 59, 5 picks outside the 3rd round) for both clubs and long time player.

Twodogs
21-09-2016, 11:51 PM
If Cloke is freeing up that much space in their salary cap then they should look after him.

I'm upbeat about this and hoping it was mainly a bad relationship with Buckley that eventually became unworkable at Collingwood. There's a lot of upside in this for us if Cloke can get back to playing that hard running game he was playing then along with Crameri we could expect 70 goals between them into our score next year.

bulldogtragic
24-09-2016, 10:18 PM
He knows how pick a good thing like Suckling & Tom Boyd.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 07:16 PM
The reports indicated that Cloke's final year was worth $450,000. And Connors today said that Cloke is willing to rip that up and take a more than 50% pay cut only if he ends up at the Dogs. All but confirming the rumours of him being paid around the $180,000 a year. Which isn't that much more than minimum wage higher draftees.

1eyedog
03-10-2016, 07:17 PM
The reports indicated that Cloke's final year was worth $450,000. And Connors today said that Cloke is willing to rip that up and take a more than 50% pay cut only if he ends up at the Dogs. All but confirming the rumours of him being paid around the $180,000 a year. Which isn't that much more than minimum wage higher draftees.

Perfect timing for us to get him in.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Perfect timing for us to get him in.

Collingwood have to get the paperwork in as soon as they can. They can't ink Wells & Mayne officially until he's off their books. You'd think it'd be the first official trade.

1eyedog
03-10-2016, 07:24 PM
Collingwood have to get the paperwork in as soon as they can. They can't ink Wells & Mayne officially until he's off their books. You'd think it'd be the first official trade.

Despite the professional-level breakdown between Bucks and Cloke they remain good mates and I doubt anyone at the club will stand in the way of this one going through ASAP. Cloke playing in an awesome team with a coach that gives lots of cuddles gives me a lot of hope that he will make a strong contribution next year. He marks, has a penetrating kick, runs all day, crunches packs and takes the very top shelf opposition defender. That benefits Boyd, Stringer and Crameri immensely.

Dancin' Douggy
03-10-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm not 100% sold on Cloke.
But if Bevo is I'm a believer.

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 07:39 PM
Despite the professional-level breakdown between Bucks and Cloke they remain good mates and I doubt anyone at the club will stand in the way of this one going through ASAP. Cloke playing in an awesome team with a coach that gives lots of cuddles gives me a lot of hope that he will make a strong contribution next year. He marks, has a penetrating kick, runs all day, crunches packs and takes the very top shelf opposition defender. That benefits Boyd, Stringer and Crameri immensely.

I was thinking about it today. If Cloke starts well, you have to put your best defender on him. But then who do you take him off? Boyd or Stringer? Then what if they get off the chain? So busy putting those fires out that Crameri & Dickson get much lesser defenders and attention. It's a big flow on effect. I'd like to see him in the preseason tried off the wing like Richardson's last couple of years and Riewoldtbthis year. He's a gut runner whose still doing north of 15km as a CHF. If he can be a big body, huge runner and great contested marker that's a very interesting proposition and we know Bevo demands flexibility, so I doubt we are taking him on with only one position in mind. There's just so much potential reward and minimum wage and the last spot on the list means very little risk. Like you, I think in the right environment, coach and our tailored approach to motivation/preparation (unlike Buckley) then he's got good footy in him. That he's prepared to back himself in at our club and turning down hundreds of thousands of dollars tells me that he's coming motivated and for the right reasons. I look forward to see what he can do with us.

Hotdog60
03-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Bevo will make him full back:D

bulldogtragic
03-10-2016, 08:00 PM

Premiership Full Back Travis Cloke

Has a ring to it!! :D

Stefcep
03-10-2016, 09:06 PM
I wonder if this signals a tactical change. With forward targets like Boyd, Crameri, Stringer, Cloke, Redpath I'd expect precision kicks inside 50 for the mark as opposed to the tactic of high ball to the square to bring it down for the crumbers?

kruder
04-10-2016, 12:53 AM
I wonder if this signals a tactical change. With forward targets like Boyd, Crameri, Stringer, Cloke, Redpath I'd expect precision kicks inside 50 for the mark as opposed to the tactic of high ball to the square to bring it down for the crumbers?

Yeah all about moulding your game plan to best suit your list. The concept of copying the premiers game plan is a joke, just ask Richmond.

westbulldog
04-10-2016, 02:55 PM
The trade sounds good in theory, Anyone have any thoughts on how he will fit into our culture ?

bulldogsthru&thru
04-10-2016, 02:56 PM
The trade sounds good in theory, Anyone have any thoughts on how he will fit into our culture ?

From all reports Travis is a great guy

stefoid
04-10-2016, 08:45 PM
4th rounder and $200K? cheap as chips - worst case scenario is depth that we dont end up using.

Boyd does a knee...? Then we will be very glad we got him on the list.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2016, 12:09 PM
JMac has told the Hun that Cloke is essentially a free agent and that we will not part with anything under pick 71, which is the pick for Talia. So the trade is Talia for Cloke with both players on about the same money. Huge win. Huge.

Sedat
05-10-2016, 12:24 PM
JMac has told the Hun that Cloke is essentially a free agent and that we will not part with anything under pick 71, which is the pick for Talia. So the trade is Talia for Cloke with both players on about the same money. Huge win. Huge.
Amazed that anyone is even questioning the worth of this trade. It's not as though Cloke is 35yo or is Mark Bolton/Aaron Henneman level of "key forward" - he is an AFL standard key forward (yes even this year) with a big point to prove.

bulldogtragic
05-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Amazed that anyone is even questioning the worth of this trade. It's not as though Cloke is 35yo or is Mark Bolton/Aaron Henneman level of "key forward" - he is an AFL standard key forward (yes even this year) with a big point to prove.

The scenario of the trade being Talia for Cloke is great. Imagine after shitstorm he created we traded him with Collingwood for Cloke the next year on the same money and years as Talia. We'd say we robbed them blind. There's way, way, way more upside to Cloke than Talia, and I'd bet from here on out Cloke plays more AFL games than Talia.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2016, 05:16 PM
I reckon in under 48 hours Cloke will be officially a bulldog. Collingwood are apparently offering $1,500,000 & $1,650,000 to Mayne and Wells over 3 years (which is crazy fwiw), which requires Cloke contractually bound elsewhere. If JMac follows through on his public comments, it will be for pick after 71, so maybe 72. Im looking forward to seeing what Bevo can do with him.

bornadog
08-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Im looking forward to seeing what Bevo can do with him.

At Collingwood, Cloke is under pressure to kick 5 goals a week. With us, the expectations are far different, and he should play better football.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2016, 06:19 PM
At Collingwood, Cloke is under pressure to kick 5 goals a week. With us, the expectations are far different, and he should play better football.

I tend to agree. Trav also said he was going to sit down with Nick Riewoldt about how he's gone about reinventing himself further up the ground. Will be great to see what Bevo has in his plans for Trav.

Ghost Dog
08-10-2016, 06:23 PM

All depends on what is offered. And Talia for Cloke...it's like swapping a clapped out a dodgy Holden Astra for a V8. Cloke may not have the best skills but he exerts an enormous physical presence. Steal! Another entry into the 2016 book of joy. I might run out of paper.

Pissing myself laughing at this trade value.

hlnbidoffer
10-10-2016, 10:04 AM
I've changed my tune on this trade. If we are getting Cloke on a cheap contract and only forgiving a 4th round pick (71-72), then it is a bargain trade for us.. The more depth we have the better.

kruder
10-10-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm more about the type of bloke he is. He is coming into a premiership side that is very close from all reports so its key that he fits in. From my understanding Travis is a really nice dude, team player so he ticks the box for mine. Not once in the media with all the shit he had to deal with this year has he bagged the coach or the club and I think he has handle himself really well under the circumstances. On the cheap a no brainer for mine and loving the Talia references!

azabob
10-10-2016, 10:21 AM
Yep, I've heard all the same things about Cloke. Plus he has also played in a premiership as well.

1eyedog
10-10-2016, 10:33 AM
Passionate guy too looking forward to see the double bicep pose.

Axe Man
10-10-2016, 02:24 PM
TRAVIS CLOKE UPDATE

Manager Robbie D'Orazio from Connors Sports tells Trade Radio the deal is being held up by negotiations over late-round picks to help Collingwood get points for father-son picks:

It will get done, it will get done, it's just a matter of swapping a few fourth-round picks ... I spoke to him this morning, he's out at his property at Kangaroo Grounds sitting by the phone like a kid on his first day of school.

1eyedog
10-10-2016, 02:41 PM
TRAVIS CLOKE UPDATE

Manager Robbie D'Orazio from Connors Sports tells Trade Radio the deal is being held up by negotiations over late-round picks to help Collingwood get points for father-son picks:

It will get done, it will get done, it's just a matter of swapping a few fourth-round picks ... I spoke to him this morning, he's out at his property at Kangaroo Grounds sitting by the phone like a kid on his first day of school.

Super keen I like it. Boycotted the Pies B&F as well - already a Bulldog.

Bulldog Joe
10-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Super keen I like it. Boycotted the Pies B&F as well - already a Bulldog.

I heard a little story that they wouldn't let Travis back to the footy club to even clean out his locker.

Ozza
10-10-2016, 03:39 PM
I heard a little story that they wouldn't let Travis back to the footy club to even clean out his locker.

I'd be surprised if that was true....only because at the lunch I was at on Friday which he was a panellist at he said;

- He'll always be a Collingwood person.
- He has no issues with Bucks and Eddie and spoke to Eddie 'just yesterday'.

Apart from that he said he wasn't really an avid watcher or footy and would have to learn the names of all of the bulldogs players, and how they play.

AndrewP6
10-10-2016, 08:28 PM
I'd be surprised if that was true....only because at the lunch I was at on Friday which he was a panellist at he said;

- He'll always be a Collingwood person.
- He has no issues with Bucks and Eddie and spoke to Eddie 'just yesterday'.

Apart from that he said he wasn't really an avid watcher or footy and would have to learn the names of all of the bulldogs players, and how they play.

He commented how well the number 30 had played in the grand final, but didn't know his name :D

Twodogs
10-10-2016, 09:12 PM
"Kick it to me, umm, mate" :D

Webby
11-10-2016, 07:40 PM
He commented how well the number 30 had played in the grand final, but didn't know his name :D

To be fair, Joel Hamling wouldn't know Cloke's name, either!

And that's not actually a joke..!

bulldogtragic
12-10-2016, 01:46 AM
afl.com.au

Collingwood remains hopeful of securing pick No.62 in exchange for key forward Travis Cloke, although the Western Bulldogs are understood to have suggested pick No.74 in initial discussions.

Both clubs are expected to wait for the trade period to play out a bit further before finalising the details.

Ghost Dog
12-10-2016, 03:19 AM
afl.com.au

Collingwood remains hopeful of securing pick No.62 in exchange for key forward Travis Cloke, although the Western Bulldogs are understood to have suggested pick No.74 in initial discussions.

Both clubs are expected to wait for the trade period to play out a bit further before finalising the details.

Do they have any leverage? He's a free agent right?

FrediKanoute
12-10-2016, 05:12 AM

Only that he will not want to go into the draft and we obviously see a need for him.

Hotdog60
12-10-2016, 07:37 AM
I think we have committed to him as much as he us. I don't think we will hang him out but it will go on until the last minute or until the wobbles have sort their draft period.

westdog54
12-10-2016, 07:49 AM

He's still contracted to Collingwood. Definitely not a free agent.

BulldogBelle
12-10-2016, 08:15 AM
He's still contracted to Collingwood. Definitely not a free agent.

Collingwood will want the cap space from moving Cloke on so they can build dads army. l think the balls in our court.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-10-2016, 08:52 AM
Derrick Hine on SEN just said the deal is being held up because we have a few players leaving and need to know what picks we will get for them. Then Cloke is a formality.

I assume the players would be Stevens, Hrovat and Hamling? Expect a few departures though

1eyedog
12-10-2016, 09:02 AM
Travis is said to be on edge about the trade and just wants it done. Not a good waiter apparently.

Mofra
12-10-2016, 11:40 AM
If we gave up pick 62 for Cloke I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Some Pies fans were talking about a second rounder for him pre-trade period.

Topdog
12-10-2016, 11:47 AM
If we gave up pick 62 for Cloke I wouldn't bat an eyelid. Some Pies fans were talking about a second rounder for him pre-trade period.

After Hrovat and Stevens go I doubt we will even use 62 so yes agree fully.

bulldogtragic
14-10-2016, 06:23 PM

Hamling & Adams gone now???

Hotdog you genius! :D

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 10:39 AM
Collingwood confirm there's a Heads of Agreement in place between us all. Just the final tinkering of picks by the end of the period.

1eyedog
20-10-2016, 10:56 AM
https://twitter.com/leech1233/status/788669248377794561/photo/1

Eastdog
20-10-2016, 01:30 PM
So will we get the deal done for Cloke or not.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 01:31 PM
So will we get the deal done for Cloke or not.

Yes Eastie, there's a signed heads of agreement. Simply waiting to swap picks when others trades down.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Cloke's manager just said it's being signed off right now. Will be the next trade on the board.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Official: For the Talia pick 75.

:D

GVGjr
20-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Cloke's manager just said it's being signed off right now. Will be the next trade on the board.

For pick 76

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 01:46 PM
29yo, 196cm, 106kg, 246 games, 441 goals, Premiership Player, Multiple Time Club Leading Goal Kicker, All Australian. Minimum wage.

Pick 76. We've made out like bandits.

Brilliant. :D

chef
20-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Welcome Trav. I think he'll be a smart get for us.

ReLoad
20-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Our forward line is now seriously in beast mode.

The player types we have is that there is possibly no backline in the game that could hold us, holy smokes!

Axe Man
20-10-2016, 02:00 PM
https://s9.postimg.org/gbapyhlin/Cloke.png (https://postimg.org/image/dh7kl1jcb/)

KT31
20-10-2016, 02:08 PM
Welcome aboard to the Premiers Trav, may you be integral part of next years bark-to-bark flags.

Eastdog
20-10-2016, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the Dogs Travis

Bulldog Revolution
20-10-2016, 02:30 PM
Great to have you on board Trav

Brilliant you committed to us so far in advance of the trade period

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 02:32 PM
Great to have you on board Trav

Brilliant you committed to us so far in advance of the trade period

Before the finals even!

bornadog
20-10-2016, 02:45 PM
Wanted to play for us, great stuff and hope he has a big season.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Wanted to play for us, great stuff and hope he has a big season.

Ripped up hundreds of thousands of dollars in a contract too. Coming for the right reasons and I love it.

hlnbidoffer
20-10-2016, 02:55 PM
Welcome aboard Clokey! Great pick up without giving much up.

Mantis
20-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Best thing about this deal.. Never has to worry about meeting 'number 30' who went OK in the finals.. Might get to shake his hand after kicking 6 on him.

westdog54
20-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Before the finals even!

He liked us before we were cool.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 08:08 PM
So which jumper number for Trav? 13, 25 or 30?

It'd be funny if he became that 'number 30' and played well! :D - Certainly a great nickname at the club 'Number 30'. Can we make this a thing? :D

And Trav, get onto Twitter and get that Collingwood player title of your Bio.

1eyedog
20-10-2016, 08:42 PM
So anyway Crameri, Stringer, Cloke and Boyd down there now. So, how many elite defenders do you have exactly? :cool:

Sedat
20-10-2016, 08:43 PM
He looks in ripping nick in the club photo from earlier today. Looks like he is already well on the way to adjusting to the running demands of the modern game.

GVGjr
20-10-2016, 08:53 PM
He looks in ripping nick in the club photo from earlier today. Looks like he is already well on the way to adjusting to the running demands of the modern game.

I believe he contacted Nick Riewoldt to see how he prepares. I suspect he might get to his lightest weight in years by Xmas.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 09:01 PM

Everything about him screams 'Man on a Mission'. It looks and feels like he's already in preseason mode already, the missing ingredient is confidence and I feel if he makes every post a winner to his coaches and team mates, the confidence in our club will infect him. We have four club leading goal kickers in our forwardline (Stringer & Dicko, Crameri & Cloke) with a man mountain who ripped a Grand Final a part and a huge supply of dangerous smalls and resting mids who hit the scoreboard. That should excite everyone.

LostDoggy
20-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Everything about him screams 'Man on a Mission'. It looks and feels like he's already in preseason mode already, the missing ingredient is confidence and I feel if he makes every post a winner to his coaches and team mates, the confidence in our club will infect him. We have four club leading goal kickers in our forwardline (Stringer & Dicko, Crameri & Cloke) with a man mountain who ripped a Grand Final a part and a huge supply of dangerous smalls and resting mids who hit the scoreboard. That should excite everyone.

Giddy Up! ;)

whythelongface
20-10-2016, 10:15 PM
Welcome on board Travis. Great to have you at the club.

jeemak
20-10-2016, 11:21 PM
I believe he contacted Nick Riewoldt to see how he prepares. I suspect he might get to his lightest weight in years by Xmas.

Good for him. I'm going the other way.

jeemak
20-10-2016, 11:23 PM
I'm really happy about this. If he can get his body where it needs to be and can play a largely high role we'll be able to get the footy into the forward line pretty quickly.

Rocket Science
20-10-2016, 11:53 PM
So anyway Crameri, Stringer, Cloke and Boyd down there now. So, how many elite defenders do you have exactly? :cool:

And while they're preoccupied trying to keep them quiet, hell-oooo Mr. Dickson working the seams.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2016, 11:55 PM
And while they're preoccupied trying to keep them quiet, hell-oooo Mr. Dickson working the seams.

And hopefully with Trav working hard up the ground, we can leave Mr. Dickson up forward for longer each game. Running back at goal and getting 10+ kicks a game. If he's getting 10 or so kicks a game being closer to goal, then he's going to have a stunning 2017.

bornadog
21-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Travis Cloke: "I've been associated with the Pies all my life, but it's been a weight of my shoulders in my last few weeks. I can't wait"

LostDoggy
21-10-2016, 12:50 PM
With the engine Boyd showed in the finals (will only be better next year), the endless options of hard running marking forwards our forward coach will have next year will be amazing. Imagine bringing the ball out of half back and seeing Boyd, Cloke, Crameri, Stringer and Dickson all mobile and presenting, and then Bont and co also pushing forward. Good luck opposition.

bulldogtragic
21-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Seems Trav (on 3AW) understands that Bevo demands flexibility and versatility. I like his attitude:

"You put your hand up to play where ever the senior coach wants you to play. I'm going to Western Bulldogs to help out in their forward half, but hey, if I've gotta play as full-back for some reason I'll give it a crack!"

I love the way he way he his approaching this move and his attitude. It was a good interview and insight into where he is at:

Full interview: http://www.3aw.com.au/news/travis-cloke-traded-to-western-bulldogs-20161020-gs6lvq.html

bulldogtragic
21-10-2016, 02:54 PM
(afl.com.au)

WESTERN Bulldogs recruit Travis Cloke says he can bring the extra "one or two per cent" the reigning premiers need to stay on top.

Cloke joined the Bulldogs on the final day of the NAB AFL Trade Period on Thursday from Collingwood in exchange for pick 76 at this year's draft.

The two-time All Australian – who has signed a two-year contract with the Bulldogs – brings a wealth of experience from his 246 games at the Magpies, but was in and out of the side this season.

While he admitted it would be a challenge to force his way into the Bulldogs' best 22, Cloke believed he had plenty to offer.

"I'm coming here to re-invent myself, learn a few things and to develop under the boys at the Western Bulldogs," Cloke told westernbulldogs.com.au.

"My endurance running is normally a pretty good thing, but I will put myself in the best physical condition for the 2017 campaign.

"Hopefully I can bring the extra one or two per cent to the side and maintain the success that this club's got."

Cloke's 17 goals from 13 appearances was the lowest amount of goals he's kicked in a season since 2006.

The biggest question is how the 29-year-old slots into a forward line that has Tom Boyd as its focal point.

Boyd was absolutely terrific for the Bulldogs in their victorious Grand Final against the Sydney Swans and was unlucky to have missed out on the Norm Smith Medal.

"Sitting back seeing how 'Boydy' played in that Grand Final was fantastic," Cloke said.

"For me to work with him and develop both our game's together is obviously what I’m here for.

“I want to work closely with him and the rest of the forwards, but I also want to bring something to this side that has just won a premiership."

Cloke is excited to be working under Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge, who held an assistant coaching role at the Magpies.

“The [reason] I want to be a part of it is obviously the culture of this football club. From the outside it looks fantastic, everyone seems to be working towards Bevo, he’s obviously a fantastic fella to be in charge," Cloke said.

“I was lucky enough to work with him for a few years when he was with Collingwood, but I guess the way the playing group gels and works together is pretty important to him.”

“It’s probably one of the main factors.”

Sedat
21-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Seems Trav (on 3AW) understands that Bevo demands flexibility and versatility. I like his attitude:

"You put your hand up to play where ever the senior coach wants you to play. I'm going to Western Bulldogs to help out in their forward half, but hey, if I've gotta play as full-back for some reason I'll give it a crack!"

I love the way he way he his approaching this move and his attitude. It was a good interview and insight into where he is at:

Full interview: http://www.3aw.com.au/news/travis-cloke-traded-to-western-bulldogs-20161020-gs6lvq.html
He's a smart man is Trav. He knows that playing AFL footy for as long as possible beats the hell out of the real world, and is therefore more than happy to take a haircut on pay to keep living the dream. He's already made his millions off previous generous contracts.

Love his attitude - I reckon the footy world will be in for a shock next year.

S Coast Simon
21-10-2016, 03:14 PM
I was pretty happy and liked the idea of Cloke playing for the doggies but after listening to him speak about it I can't wait to see him roaming up to the wings. Our boys haven't really had a monster CHF leading hard at them to get out of the backline since C Grant. With the way he spoke and his attitude this could be a really good move indeed.

bulldogtragic
21-10-2016, 03:50 PM
WBFC website:

Despite becoming a Bulldog officially only yesterday, Travis Cloke rode every bump of the 2016 Grand Final, and was pumping his fist as the siren sounded, swept up in the emotion of his soon to be new teammates' unlikely flag triumph.

The Cloke-to-the-Kennel story had by that time already become news but it was at that moment that it all became real for the former Collingwood forward.

“I [was] just sitting there with a big grin on my face," he told BulldogsTV on Thursday.

“Sitting there going, geez what decision, what a move this could be to come join this Club.

“They played fantastic footy, up against it for the back half of the year, [but] the way that they gelled together as a group, as a football club, it’s why we love AFL football.”

The deal itself went right down to the wire, the Dogs securing the 29-year-old for pick 76 of the upcoming NAB AFL Draft in the final hours of the trade period.

Now, after 246 games that produced two All-Australian jumpers, a best and fairest and a premiership medal, Cloke said he’s looking to reinvent himself under the tutelage of Luke Beveridge.

“The [reason] I want to be a part of it is obviously the culture of this football club, from the outside it looks fantastic, everyone seems to be working towards Bevo, he’s obviously a fantastic fella to be in charge," Cloke said.

“I was lucky enough to work with him for a few years when he was with Collingwood but I guess the way the playing group gels and works together is pretty important to him.”

“It’s probably one of the main factors.”

As for his on-field role next season, he sees himself working closely with Grand Final hero Tom Boyd.

“I’d love to be a part of the forward half and sitting back seeing how Boydy played in that Grand Final was fantastic, for me to work with him and develop both our games together is obviously what I’m here for.

“I want to work closely with him and the rest of the forwards.”

Even in the latter stages of his career Cloke arrives at the Kennel with a desire to improve his game and add to the team where he can.

“So I’m coming here to learn a few things and also to develop under the boys at the Western Bulldogs," he said.

“Obviously there’s strengths of mine and weaknesses.

“I guess coming here [I want to] narrow that down, obviously my endurance running is normally a pretty good thing but also I’ve tried to put myself in the best physical condition to approach 2017.

“Hopefully just bring that extra one or two per cent to the side and maintain the success that this Club’s got.”

bulldogtragic
21-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Club Video: Cloke The Scragger

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-10-21/cloke-the-scragger

bulldogtragic
21-10-2016, 03:59 PM
He's a smart man is Trav. He knows that playing AFL footy for as long as possible beats the hell out of the real world, and is therefore more than happy to take a haircut on pay to keep living the dream. He's already made his millions off previous generous contracts.

Love his attitude - I reckon the footy world will be in for a shock next year.

I also liked his response at the question of being near retirement on 3AW.

Basically said, it's a two year deal. But I think I've got a lot of good footy in me, I think I've got 3 or 4 years left. I'm not coming here to retire in two years.

Cloke in the club video looks as genuinely happy as I've seen him in a very long time, either on the ground or on TV/media. Good for him, good for us.

Eastdog
21-10-2016, 04:01 PM
I was pretty happy and liked the idea of Cloke playing for the doggies but after listening to him speak about it I can't wait to see him roaming up to the wings. Our boys haven't really had a monster CHF leading hard at them to get out of the backline since C Grant. With the way he spoke and his attitude this could be a really good move indeed.

Obviously there is skepticism around but I have a bit of a feeling that he will be a good acquisition for us.

Eastdog
21-10-2016, 04:03 PM
With the engine Boyd showed in the finals (will only be better next year), the endless options of hard running marking forwards our forward coach will have next year will be amazing. Imagine bringing the ball out of half back and seeing Boyd, Cloke, Crameri, Stringer and Dickson all mobile and presenting, and then Bont and co also pushing forward. Good luck opposition.

Sounds great PP. The opposition will fear us.

strebla
21-10-2016, 04:16 PM
Still not 100% on this but Bevo wants him so it gets my vote welcome aboard and good luck Trav.

KT31
21-10-2016, 05:24 PM
I was happy when we snagged him for nothing but what a great attitude, it may take a few games but I can see Trav fitting in very nicely and also see him playing for us for more than the two year deal.

1eyedog
21-10-2016, 06:16 PM
I was happy when we snagged him for nothing but what a great attitude, it may take a few games but I can see Trav fitting in very nicely and also see him playing for us for more than the two year deal.

Future Father / Sons?

Axe Man
01-12-2016, 06:15 PM
https://s18.postimg.org/fhkqwi309/Cloke.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/kg89b16t1/)

bulldogtragic
01-12-2016, 06:21 PM
Trav looks trimmed down a fair bit already. I think we are going to see a 'new' sort of player than the old style KPP (also bereft of confidence by Buckley). Also, Macrae is a fairly tall and well built player, but he looks like a little kid against Trav.

1eyedog
01-12-2016, 10:35 PM
I thought that last year at training when a 6'5 Fletcher Roberts looked like a kid brother next to Tom Boyd.

Twodogs
02-12-2016, 12:34 AM
I thought that last year at training when a 6'5 Fletcher Roberts looked like a kid brother next to Tom Boyd.

6'5" premiership player Fletcher Roberts and fellow .premiership player Tom Boyd.

LostDoggy
02-12-2016, 07:58 AM
6'5" premiership player Flether Ronerts and fellow .premiership player Tom Boyd.

Premiership player? Premiership hero.

1eyedog
02-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Premiership player? Premiership hero.

Premiership hero? Premiership legend!

Twodogs
02-12-2016, 03:34 PM
I just love saying premiership.

1eyedog
02-12-2016, 05:09 PM
I love you saying it too.

bulldogtragic
02-12-2016, 11:59 PM
According to the club website, Trav is jumper number 0...

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/team/afl/player-profiles/senior

choconmientay
03-12-2016, 02:31 AM
Travis Cloke will be an asset for Western Bulldogs, says list manager Jason McCartney (http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/travis-cloke-will-be-an-asset-for-western-bulldogs-says-list-manager-jason-mccartney/news-story/3a90cdad7875f29744cec817e64db366?from=public_rss)

JON RALPH, Herald Sun
December 2, 2016 6:50pm

TRAVIS Cloke has been told he must only return to his pack-crashing form of past seasons to become a roaring success at the Western Bulldogs.

The former Collingwood star has been training with his new club for the past week as the full Dogs’ list prepares to return on Monday.

Cloke endured a horror year, dropped three times and engulfed in a nude picture scandal at the start of the season.

His fiance Rebeccah Panozza referenced that scandal in a social media tweet this week ahead of their New Year’s Eve wedding.

”I’m not going to sugar-coat it, it’s been a tough year but it’s an absolute credit to our love and friendship that we’ve gotten over every hurdle,’’ she posted.

The critics have wondered if Cloke’s best football is behind him and questioned if he has a role to play at the reigning premiers.

But Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney says Cloke should prove critical in stopping the intercept marks that could have hurt the Dogs’ premiership tilt.

At his best Cloke has been a contested marking beast but even if he can bring the ball to ground for the Dogs crumbers he will have earned his modest wage.

The Dogs believe they cannot lose with Cloke given he is on a salary of just $200,000 and was traded from the Pies with selection 76.

His father David said Travis was thrilled to be throwing himself into a fresh challenge.

McCartney said this week the Dogs believed Cloke was an ideal recruit given their list needs.

“We are really light on in that area. We have drafted some kids in that areas last week but when Jack Redpath went down with his knee we needed to bring in someone who could play now,’’ he said.

“What stood out when our ball movement got slowed down, in the GWS preliminary final at times they were intercept marking and we felt if you had that bigger guy who could cover ground and compete and bring the ball to ground it’s an asset on your list.”

choconmientay
03-12-2016, 02:37 AM
^^^^
So he wanted to play for us. We got him for a bargain. Pay only around 200k for him next year so no salary cap pressure. His private life is now in order. We got the best coach going around to give him all the love he needs. He sheds the kilos in the preseason and thrilled to be throwing himself into a fresh challenge . This sound like a recipe to success to me ��

Go_Dogs
03-12-2016, 10:19 AM
I just love saying premiership.

A few mates were recently selecting rival squads of 22, one player at a time, and then debating which team was better position by position. Every time a Bulldogs player was pitted against a non-Dog, I was able to say "better than premiership player, Luke Dahlhaus? You're kidding." I will never get sick of it.

Travis looks fit.

It was hard looking at that photo and not thinking, leave Jack alone Cloke. But I will adapt. And so will Clokey.

bulldogtragic
03-12-2016, 10:42 AM
^^^^
So he wanted to play for us. We got him for a bargain. Pay only around 200k for him next year so no salary cap pressure. His private life is now in order. We got the best coach going around to give him all the love he needs. He sheds the kilos in the preseason and thrilled to be throwing himself into a fresh challenge . This sound like a recipe to success to me ��

Absolutely, low risk & potential huge reward. If we are going to keep the role Cordy played in the finals and that is in fact the role we have for him, then he should absolutely excel in it. I can't wait to see him in the nab rounds early next year to see how he goes.

LostDoggy
03-12-2016, 11:46 AM
At the age of 36, Travis' father polled nine Brownlow votes in his final three games in 1991. Imagine getting that sort of production out of Travis until he's 36.

Twodogs
03-12-2016, 12:09 PM
At the age of 36, Travis' father polled nine Brownlow votes in his final three games in 1991. Imagine getting that sort of production out of Travis until he's 36.

From memory David kicked 7 in his last game too.

He was a very good centre half forward who played in the ruck for a few seasons in the middle of his career and then went to full forward for the last part.

merantau
03-12-2016, 01:28 PM
The more I read about Travis Cloke the more upbeat I feel about him joining us - it just makes a lot of sense, especially with Big Jack out until very late in the season. If Tom Campbell continues to come on he and Roughie could share ruck duties allowing Tom Boyd to play forward. Travis has a pretty good tank and his tackling is excellent. Zaine Cordy, a crunching tackler, could slot in down back placing a lot of pressure on our defenders to get a spot in the line up as Marcus Adams will be back too. We have a lot of problems to nut out at selection.

GVGjr
03-12-2016, 01:35 PM
The more I read about Travis Cloke the more upbeat I feel about him joining us - it just makes a lot of sense, especially with Big Jack out until very late in the season. If Tom Campbell continues to come on he and Roughie could share ruck duties allowing Tom Boyd to play forward. Travis has a pretty good tank and his tackling is excellent. Zaine Cordy, a crunching tackler, could slot in down back placing a lot of pressure on our defenders to get a spot in the line up as Marcus Adams will be back too. We have a lot of problems to nut out at selection.

I don't think we can play 2 ruckman if we have Boyd, Crameri, Cloke and Stringer up forward because one of those ruckman also need to be used up forward.

I think we need to accept that Tom Boyd is a forward who needs to spend a fair bit of time in the ruck and that we will go into almost all games with one ruckman.

Back to Cloke, he has plenty of motivation to push himself hard over the summer and despite his highly regarded status as a key forward with the Pies he will have to earn a spot up forward with us.

1eyedog
04-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Stringer and Crameri don't play tall.

Can Roughie rest down back on their ruck? I remember Bevo saying numerous times last year that we'll play tall meaning Camhead Red and Boyd.

bulldogtragic
17-12-2016, 08:22 PM
I almost can't believe the photos of Travis at training today. He's slimmed down incredibly from when I saw him this year and is also still ripped muscle wise in the arms and legs. He looks like a very tall midfielder, and hopefully his training KPFs with running, sprints and repeat efforts match the photos. It's hard not to get excited by what's he's been able to do already, let alone getting him for nothing and paying him minimum wage. I can't wait to see exactly how Bevo & Hansen are going to use him.

1eyedog
17-12-2016, 08:31 PM
I almost can't believe the photos of Travis at training today. He's slimmed down incredibly from when I saw him this year and is also still ripped muscle wise in the arms and legs. He looks like a very tall midfielder, and hopefully his training KPFs with running, sprints and repeat efforts match the photos. It's hard not to get excited by what's he's been able to do already, let alone getting him for nothing and paying him minimum wage. I can't wait to see exactly how Bevo & Hansen are going to use him.

Massive tank. I can see Bevo turning him into a highly mobile Nick Riewoldt-type rather than the goal square monster he's been over the better part of his career.

bulldogtragic
17-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Massive tank. I can see Bevo turning him into a highly mobile Nick Riewoldt-type rather than the goal square monster he's been over the better part of his career.

Yep, my guess is seeing a player like Matty Richardson (in last couple of years) or Sooky this year as you say. From memory Richo gave the Brownlow a real shake after his move up to the wing/high half forward, and still kicked enough goals. If we can get something like that added into the premiership player mix then that's a lovely dollop of cream on top.

1eyedog
17-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Yep, my guess is seeing a player like Matty Richardson (in last couple of years) or Sooky this year as you say. From memory Richo gave the Brownlow a real shake after his move up to the wing/high half forward, and still kicked enough goals. If we can get something like that added into the premiership player mix then that's a lovely dollop of cream on top.

Agreed. He has the potential to be a serious target, something we did lack at times although clearly we found other ways. A Cloke with confidence could make it easier for us. The other massive dynamic in out favour is Crameri. Those two players give us scope to crush our enemies in half a quarter of footy.

Would love to be unbeatable, a Brisbane / Geelong / Hawthorn-like dynasty with 3 or 4 cups locked away would be epic.

bulldogtragic
17-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Agreed. He has the potential to be a serious target, something we did lack at times although clearly we found other ways. A Cloke with confidence could make it easier for us. The other massive dynamic in out favour is Crameri. Those two players give us scope to crush our enemies in half a quarter of footy.

Would love to be unbeatable, a Brisbane / Geelong / Hawthorn-like dynasty with 3 or 4 cups locked away would be epic.

And a dynasty is on the cards too if we play to our potential. Crameri, Picken & Cloke could have another 3 years of decent footy. Morris might have another one after 2017. I don't think Boyd & Bob go passed 2017. Our young guns hit their peaks and kids come up and surprise and add in a couple of free agents or trades. Never been a greater time to be a member.

1eyedog
17-12-2016, 09:01 PM
And a dynasty is on the cards too if we play to our potential. Crameri, Picken & Cloke could have another 3 years of decent footy. Morris might have another one after 2017. I don't think Boyd & Bob go passed 2017. Our young guns hit their peaks and kids come up and surprise and add in a couple of free agents or trades. Never been a greater time to be a member.

Agreed. Its not a window it's a wormhole to another reality.

westdog54
17-12-2016, 10:01 PM

Yep I'm pretty sure he finished 3rd behind Cooney and GAJ in 2008.

If we get a third of that from Cloke we've done exceptionally well.

bulldogtragic
17-12-2016, 10:09 PM
Yep I'm pretty sure he finished 3rd behind Cooney and GAJ in 2008.

If we get a third of that from Cloke we've done exceptionally well.

And if we do, everyone (including the media) have got to think why didn't Buckley want to encourage and facilitate this change in his game?

1eyedog
17-12-2016, 10:17 PM
And if we do, everyone (including the media) have got to think why didn't Buckley want to encourage and facilitate this change in his game?

Collingwood missing out and Cloke having a good year would be the end of Bucks from a coaching and people management perspective.

westdog54
17-12-2016, 11:11 PM

I'm very, very tempted to have a "Travis Cloke will kick more goals than Chris Mayne" bet with a good mate of mine who is a Collingwood supporter.

Twodogs
17-12-2016, 11:56 PM

Crameri running up one side of the ground and Cloke the other. Two targets for the guys coming out of defence.

Collingwood missing out and Cloke having a good year would be the end of Bucks from a coaching and people management perspective.

They'll blame it all on Neil Balme and Gubby Allen. And they took decisive action. Neil has been moved on from his position and his replacement has already been suspended.

I'm very, very tempted to have a "Travis Cloke will kick more goals than Chris Mayne" bet with a good mate of mine who is a Collingwood supporter.

Take it for sure.

choconmientay
18-12-2016, 01:47 AM
Yesterday XMAS training:

https://c8.staticflickr.com/1/737/31698830495_f3f3b9b131_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Qi7MWg)XMASTraining-31 (https://flic.kr/p/Qi7MWg) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

https://c8.staticflickr.com/1/366/31583196231_dcf8fbe75b_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Q7U8U4)XMASTraining-44 (https://flic.kr/p/Q7U8U4) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

https://c8.staticflickr.com/1/538/31698168335_498ca10b4f_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Qi4p6H)XMASTraining-140 (https://flic.kr/p/Qi4p6H) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

https://c6.staticflickr.com/6/5571/31582673821_3a77a9a684_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Q7RsAZ)XMASTraining-141 (https://flic.kr/p/Q7RsAZ) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

https://c4.staticflickr.com/1/663/31698153155_e3508bfe2c_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Qi4jzZ)XMASTraining-142 (https://flic.kr/p/Qi4jzZ) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

https://c4.staticflickr.com/1/720/31698075915_c0e0e1688e_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Qi3VCg)XMASTraining-154 (https://flic.kr/p/Qi3VCg) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

https://c2.staticflickr.com/1/544/31582604881_a58700b85b_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/Q7R77n)XMASTraining-155 (https://flic.kr/p/Q7R77n) by ChoCon MienTay (https://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

LostDoggy
18-12-2016, 11:29 AM

I'm sure you're mate will be wanting to Cash Out WD after Round 1!! ;)

Doc26
18-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Yesterday XMAS training:

Thanks so much for putting up these great pics chocomientay, very much appreciated. Trav's looking in great shape.

I'm dreaming of a moment where Trav kicks 5 straight in a Dogs trouncing against the Pies in our Round 1 encounter just to listen to the ferals unleash to Finey in the post match talk back.

1eyedog
18-12-2016, 03:35 PM
Still a massive unit

bulldogtragic
18-12-2016, 03:48 PM
Still a massive unit

And warranting a good defender who is tall, strong and a great runner. I'm sure most of the other forwards will love him for domino-ing a lesser defender to them.

ratsmac
18-12-2016, 09:50 PM
For those who have seen him at training, I'd love to know but am a bit scared to ask but how's his kicking?

LostDoggy
18-12-2016, 10:26 PM
He did a bit of goal kicking practice which was a bit better than 50/50.
It was funny hearing the crowd cheer every time one went through!

ratsmac
18-12-2016, 11:36 PM
50 /50 is about standard for him I would think. I hope he can get better than that at training with zero pressure.

1eyedog
19-12-2016, 10:11 AM
I don't think we need to play Cloke deep all the time. Do we?

bulldogtragic
19-12-2016, 10:32 AM
I don't think we need to play Cloke deep all the time. Do we?

Not for me. He could play a variety of roles looking at his new playing weight/size. If Boyd has to ruck and Roughy is off, then Cloke can be the long target. When Boyd is forward, Cloke can roam and become a key link man in scoring chains, or as Hunter said, he can be the long bail out target coming out of defence. With Bevo's attitude to rucks, at his size and weight, Cloke could even play second or third ruck depending on match ups and what's happening within the game. He can also use his height, weight and experience to try to take out the Gibson/McGovern types and bring the ball to ground. He's a big wildcard for what we want in 2017 and he'll generate opportunities for him to have shots on goal, and we knew he's got some flaws in goal kicking. But it's the overall package for all the things above as well as taking a good defender and letting Crameri, Stringer, Dickson and anyone else having a lesser defender and a good match up to exploit. Plus his team mates rave about him already, he's got a great attitude, he's come to training slimmed and hitting the track hard, and he's going to be a very, very valuable and enthusiastic mentor to all the tall forwards we drafted. Training with a bloke whose played over 200 games, kicked over 400 goals, has great knowledge to impart about leading and using your body, and who knows pressure and scrutiny and how to deal with it, and has been AA, club leading goal kicker and has a premiership medallion will be great for all our young tall forwards. And he's on the record as coming to the club to reinvent himself, prove to everyone he's got great footy left in him, work hard and to help Tom Boyd with his forward craft and dealing with unfair media. All at the same time throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars away and turning his back on a big club just to be a Bulldog (for a draft pick we wouldn't have used anyway). There's just so much to like on so many different levels about Trav and what he's brining to the club. So to answer your question, I don't think he needs to play deep all the time.

ledge
19-12-2016, 11:40 AM
CHF .. He gets it a bit when he runs around is given space and looked for . I think Collingwood didn't look for him in the end .. Hard to do anything if your teammates don't use you.

1eyedog
19-12-2016, 05:29 PM

Definitely get on that.

merantau
19-12-2016, 10:04 PM
I was skeptical at first but I'm now a believer. Recruiting Travis makes a lot of sense. Jack Redpath will not be available for some time. We could do with a big-bodied guy to draw some of the heat away from Stringer, Crameri and co. He's versatile and can kick goals from outside 50. And he has something to prove.

LostDoggy
19-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Not for me. He could play a variety of roles looking at his new playing weight/size. If Boyd has to ruck and Roughy is off, then Cloke can be the long target. When Boyd is forward, Cloke can roam and become a key link man in scoring chains, or as Hunter said, he can be the long bail out target coming out of defence. With Bevo's attitude to rucks, at his size and weight, Cloke could even play second or third ruck depending on match ups and what's happening within the game. He can also use his height, weight and experience to try to take out the Gibson/McGovern types and bring the ball to ground. He's a big wildcard for what we want in 2017 and he'll generate opportunities for him to have shots on goal, and we knew he's got some flaws in goal kicking. But it's the overall package for all the things above as well as taking a good defender and letting Crameri, Stringer, Dickson and anyone else having a lesser defender and a good match up to exploit. Plus his team mates rave about him already, he's got a great attitude, he's come to training slimmed and hitting the track hard, and he's going to be a very, very valuable and enthusiastic mentor to all the tall forwards we drafted. Training with a bloke whose played over 200 games, kicked over 400 goals, has great knowledge to impart about leading and using your body, and who knows pressure and scrutiny and how to deal with it, and has been AA, club leading goal kicker and has a premiership medallion will be great for all our young tall forwards. And he's on the record as coming to the club to reinvent himself, prove to everyone he's got great footy left in him, work hard and to help Tom Boyd with his forward craft and dealing with unfair media. All at the same time throwing hundreds of thousands of dollars away and turning his back on a big club just to be a Bulldog (for a draft pick we wouldn't have used anyway). There's just so much to like on so many different levels about Trav and what he's brining to the club. So to answer your question, I don't think he needs to play deep all the time.

Nailed it .
Great post BT.

choconmientay
20-12-2016, 11:58 AM
Foxsports 2017 prediction ...
(http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/17-fearless-predictions-for-the-2017-afl-season/news-story/28eb1e06542055855ea918177c472cbe)

and they have this to say:

TOM BOYD WILL HAVE A BREAKOUT SEASON, CLOKE WON’T SECURE A SPOT

THINK of this as a little bit of history repeating.

Back in 2011, Tom Hawkins arguably played the best game of his career in the Cats’ grand final victory over Collingwood, with a commanding three goal and 19 disposal performance. The next year he kicked 62 goals.

Expect a similar thing from grand final hero Tom Boyd next season. His near best on ground performance against the Swans signalled the No. 1 draft pick’s arrival.

And don’t expect Travis Cloke to find it easy to cement a spot in the Bulldogs’ best 22 with Boyd on fire. The return of the suspended Stewart Crameri will only add an extra layer of difficulty for the former Magpie.

Can't wait for the season to start and for Cloke to prove them wrong :) Certainly it won't be easy to establish a spot in the best 22 as there will be a lot of heat to compete for spots.

Topdog
20-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Same people were saying Boyd would be traded 4 months ago. Hard to take these muppets seriously.

bulldogtragic
20-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Same people were saying Boyd would be traded 4 months ago. Hard to take these muppets seriously.

Yep. Not to mention Boyd, Crameri & Cloke play different roles and are necessarily competing for the same spots up forward.

bornadog
20-12-2016, 05:49 PM
Pies can't let go :D

2017 Calendar

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15665754_10154638291760991_1076132050655461152_n.jpg?oh=5803 18de4653a82e4929d09c2ec92a89&oe=58F34AA6

choconmientay
20-12-2016, 05:52 PM
Pies can't let go :D

2017 Calendar

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15665754_10154638291760991_1076132050655461152_n.jpg?oh=5803 18de4653a82e4929d09c2ec92a89&oe=58F34AA6

Buckly nightmare or second thought and regret?

Axe Man
20-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Did they print their calendars in March? He was on the way out for most of the season!

Twodogs
20-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Did they print their calendars in March? He was on the way out for most of the season!

He probably had a contract to appear in their calendar outside the salary cap. They could have at least done the decent thing and have him in his bulldog jumper.

ledge
21-12-2016, 01:58 AM
We had Talia in ours this year

KT31
21-12-2016, 09:32 AM
We had Talia in ours this year

I don't even know why we would have him in it when he was on our list.

In 2004 I took my Pups to a selection night one of them won a Judas jigsaw.
My Pup wanted leave it on the table when we left but I convinced him to take it home and put it together, when finished, wah-la my Pups first dart board.

Twodogs
21-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Talia was Bulldog Royalty. At that time his granddad had actually played in our most recent premiership.

I don't understand why it was a prize in a raffle, what, 2 years after he left? Pretty cheap effort by the club or a mistake maybe?

bornadog
21-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Talia was Bulldog Royalty. At that time his granddad had actually played in our most recent premiership.

I don't understand why it was a prize in a raffle, what, 2 years after he left? Pretty cheap effort by the club or a mistake maybe?

His great grand dad also played for the club.

Twodogs
21-12-2016, 04:40 PM
His great grand dad also played for the club.

You're right. Chidda Stevens.

Dry Rot
21-01-2017, 04:19 PM
Big Trav in ripping condition and form, according to Hunter

Hunter said Cloke, secured by the Bulldogs in last year's NAB AFL Trade Period for pick No.76, had made a strong start to his first pre-season at the Whitten Oval, impressing with his outstanding endurance and his contested work during match simulation.

"Just in match play and things like that you just notice there's such a big strong option to kick to, which we haven’t really had a great deal of," he said.

"He just doesn't really get out-marked even if there are two or three on him. It's just good to have someone to kick to."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-21/big-dogs-duo-set-to-release-shackles-on-fellow-forwards

bulldogtragic
21-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Music to our ears. I can't wait to see him in the preseason games.

Dry Rot
21-01-2017, 04:31 PM
Music to our ears. I can't wait to see him in the preseason games.

When do they start? Who do we play?

whythelongface
21-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Loving having Travis Cloke at our club. Think he will be outstanding for us over the next couple of years.

LostDoggy
22-01-2017, 10:53 AM
When do they start? Who do we play?
They start on the 16th of Feb. We play Melbourne, Brisbane and GWS.

Dry Rot
22-01-2017, 01:24 PM
They start on the 16th of Feb. We play Melbourne, Brisbane and GWS.

Thanks. Can't wait.

GVGjr
22-01-2017, 01:26 PM
It sounds like Cloke will be at his best value for us playing as a CHF moving up the ground and probably helping out as the FF when Boyd is in the ruck.

Despite him being in great condition I think it will still take time for him to adjust to the tempo we play at and to get over the last two years he endured at Collingwood. His confidence level must need a lot of work on and I think he will appreciate Bevo's approach.

Good signs so far.

stefoid
22-01-2017, 02:14 PM
It sounds like Cloke will be at his best value for us playing as a CHF moving up the ground and probably helping out as the FF when Boyd is in the ruck.

Despite him being in great condition I think it will still take time for him to adjust to the tempo we play at and to get over the last two years he endured at Collingwood. His confidence level must need a lot of work on and I think he will appreciate Bevo's approach.

Good signs so far.

Disagree thats what we want from him. We saw Boyds value when he was up the ground - he was able to intercept mark very well, and unlike Cloak he is a good long kick for goal. Whereas he hasnt shown much close to goal, and can be outmakred by quality opponents.

Cloke on the other hand is (by reports) rarely outmarked. He will still have to run up and down the ground, and that running power he has may help him to get back into position closer to goal where he can bring the ball to ground for us, if he doesnt mark it.

Cloke is the tractor - Boyd the Porche.

GVGjr
22-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Disagree thats what we want from him. We saw Boyds value when he was up the ground - he was able to intercept mark very well, and unlike Cloak he is a good long kick for goal. Whereas he hasnt shown much close to goal, and can be outmakred by quality opponents.

Cloke on the other hand is (by reports) rarely outmarked. He will still have to run up and down the ground, and that running power he has may help him to get back into position closer to goal where he can bring the ball to ground for us, if he doesnt mark it.

I don't think we can ask Boyd to be the ruckman and the CHF because I doubt he has the fitness base to handle it.
There's a bit less running when you you play as a deep forward. I also think his marking will improve.
I think Cloke is regarded as a good field kick but below average when shooting for goals and it's being reported that he would benefit from delivering the ball into the forward line more than taking the set shots.

If he has a great endurance base then CHF isn't a bad spot to take advantage of that.

Bulldog4life
22-01-2017, 10:14 PM

Cloke is a very long kick and has kicked a lot of goals 50 metres plus out. It is his close in kicking for goal which has been poor.

bulldogtragic
25-01-2017, 07:50 PM
Peter Gordon today on Travis: "The players love him", "we're thrilled that a player like he is wanted to come to our club".

bulldogtragic
18-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Great start for him thus far. Looks like the Travis Cloke in his prime. First kick, first goal.

always right
19-02-2017, 12:10 PM
It's probably just me but Cloke reminds me a little of the hound in GOT.

bulldogtragic
19-02-2017, 01:25 PM
From foxsports.com.au

Cloke makes a statement

New club, new Travis Cloke as Western Bulldogs recruit starts strongly after move from Collingwood

February 18, 2017 5:30pm
by STAFF WRITERS
Source: FOX SPORTS

NEW club, new Cloke?

Western Bulldogs recruit Travis Cloke was a contentious trade target for the reigning premiers given his track record in recent years for Collingwood.

But in his first hitout for the Bulldogs in the club’s JLT Community Series opener against Melbourne, the move looked like a brilliant one.

Just over a minute into the Whitten Oval clash Cloke marked strongly inside 50 to the cheers of the partisan locals.

Live stream EVERY game of the JLT Community Series on FOX SPORTS. Get your free 2-week FOXTEL PLAY trial and start watching in minutes.

But his hands haven’t really been the issue in recent years — so it was a beautiful sight for Bulldogs fans when he walked in and kicked it straight through the uprights for the team’s first goal of the year.

His new teammates got around him but it was an important moment for Cloke given the strength of the side. More play like that will be crucial as he looks to lock in a permanent spot in the best 22.

It was part of a strong start for Cloke who finished the quarter with three marks and the goal. It got even better when he slammed home a supergoal early in the second quarter.

bulldogtragic
19-02-2017, 01:31 PM
From The Hun:

Travis Cloke wasted no time showing what he’s made of in his first outing for the Western Bulldogs

Lauren Wood, Herald Sun
February 18, 2017 8:05pm

THEY came from everywhere.

Travis Cloke wasted no time showing exactly what he’s made of in his first outing as a Bulldog, snatching an overhead mark and booting a goal within the first three minutes of the game.

A statement in the first minutes of his fresh start. Some 15 teammates rallied to him. That one would have felt good.

But there was plenty more where it came from, with his performance lauded as “remarkable” and a potential major turning point.

Coach Luke Beveridge said the initial impression was “encouraging” and said the early major would have helped settle any nerves.

“It just would have taken the edge off it a little bit,” he said.

“He’s trained hard and we hope to find his best qualities in his performances over the course of the next year. There were some really good signs.”

Cloke, who moved to Whitten Oval after a career at Collingwood that ended with a season in and out of the VFL, has changed both his jumper and number, but proved there is nothing unlucky about the No.13.

And no glove? No worries.

The maligned forward clunked marks just like he’s known for and kicked true again in the second term, this time from more of an angle. The old Whitten Oval wind was there, too, and a collective holding of breath from the thousands in the stands – the marking, after all, was never his trouble.

It was that kicking - especially from set shots - that saw him boot 17.16 last season. But he read it beautifully, this time for a super goal, before he later shared the love and assisted his teammates to majors of their own.

“What he’s been able to do in the forward half is quite remarkable,” former Roo David King said on Fox Footy during the match. “He can be a game-wrecker, let’s be honest.”

It’s only early in proceedings, but after just a half of impressive football, Brownlow medallist Gerard Healy didn’t hesitate, declaring it could well be the rebirth of the damaging star forward of years gone by.

“The whole footy world knows the pain Cloke has been in in recent years, looking for his best form,” Healy said.

“He looked to have fallen out of love with football.

“In the space of two quarters, we’ve seen this one-time superstar potentially re-enter the building.”

Oscar McDonald had the job, then Joel Smith - and boy, Travis made them work.

He’s visibly trimmer, with the Western Bulldogs listing his weight as three kilos lighter than his Magpie days, and his tank can’t be questioned.

He played up the ground for much of the afternoon, covering plenty of kilometres, and with a quicker turn of heel proved handy on more than one occasion on the wing, at one stage having it all to himself.

There was a couple of rest periods, but the recruit played out the majority of game time.

There had been concern, but on Saturday, at least, Cloke, returning forward Stewart Crameri and premiership goalkickers Jake Stringer and Tom Boyd showed there could well be room for all of them in the tri-colours.

dukedog
19-02-2017, 02:27 PM
I guess without getting carried away with it. Because i thought we looked pretty rusty. Which is understandable. Gee he's got some good hands. Thought he moved really well. If he runs and provides a target like he did. He is best 22 for mine. He doesn't need to kick bags. If he takes the best defender and runs him ragged. Crameri,stringer, dicko and co are gonna have a field day.

Twodogs
19-02-2017, 02:44 PM
I guess without getting carried away with it. Because i thought we looked pretty rusty. Which is understandable. Gee he's got some good hands. Thought he moved really well. If he runs and provides a target like he did. He is best 22 for mine. He doesn't need to kick bags. If he takes the best defender and runs him ragged. Crameri,stringer, dicko and co are gonna have a field day.

Tom Boyd.

bulldogtragic
19-02-2017, 02:58 PM

Tom Boyd.

How the dominos will fall. Boyd & Cloke get the best and biggest defenders. Then I don't think opponent teams can cover all of our mid forwards in Stringer, Crameri & Dicko (and perhaps Redders if his form demands selection). Then they have to cover rotating forwards such as Smith, Dahl, Picken, McLean, Bonts etc. who are not just good marks, but will get more genuine crumbling opportunities now.

Our challenge is to improve our forward entries to these guys. If we do, we will see a big increase in scoring this year off the back of Cloke doing his role for the team.

Twodogs
19-02-2017, 03:05 PM
How the dominos will fall. Boyd & Cloke get the best and biggest defenders. Then I don't think opponent teams can cover all of our mid forwards in Stringer, Crameri & Dicko (and perhaps Redders if his form demands selection). Then they have to cover rotating forwards such as Smith, Dahl, Picken, McLean, Bonts etc. who are not just good marks, but will get more genuine crumbling opportunities now.

Our challenge is to improve our forward entries to these guys. If we do, we will see a big increase in scoring this year off the back of Cloke doing his role for the team.

I'd forgotten about Redpath.

dukedog
19-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Tom Boyd.
Who? :o:D

Twodogs
19-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Who? :o:D

Oops sorry. I meant Matty Boyd. Easy to mix them apart given they have the same surname.:)

KT31
20-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Oops sorry. I meant Matty Boyd. Easy to mix them apart given they have the same surname.:)

And both are Bulldogs winning Premiership players.:)

1eyedog
20-02-2017, 09:54 AM
Cloke, Crameri and Bob back is massive but it is important we strike a balance between those that play forward (Dunkley and McLean) who are also capable of going into the midfield. That is where we were so damaging last year we had multiple forward options and batted deep through the middle.

bornadog
20-02-2017, 10:00 AM

I remember Matty being interviewed and asked about Tom. He said when Tom arrived at the club, he was hoping the payroll department got their pays mixed up. :D

bulldogtragic
20-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Cloke, Crameri and Bob back is massive but it is important we strike a balance between those that play forward (Dunkley and McLean) who are also capable of going into the midfield. That is where we were so damaging last year we had multiple forward options and batted deep through the middle.

It's a very good point. With Clay getting through last year, I think he can start rotating through the midfield too. The mid/forwards who can rotate include Clay, Bonts, Picken, Jong, Daniel, Dahl, Libba, McLean, Dunkley etc. All have the manic tackling aspect to their game to lock the ball in and pressure opponents for repeat entries. That also makes it harder for opposition teams for match ups, we should be able to generate mis-matches if one second a small like Daniel is rotated with Bonts, then Clay etc. Our big talls (ready to play this year) are Boyd, Cloke, Redders with our mid sized forwards Stringer, Crameri, Dicko. They all have different games which adds versatility. Not only do they need to be 'flexible' with positions, they need to work on goal kicking from spoiled contests. We saw a bit of it on Saturday, that if our big guys don't mark it that they bring it down to ground possibly more often than last year. Hopefully it cuts down opposition intercept marks too, and get it down to the ground for loose ball gets. Guys like Stringer should benefit from this dimension in his game, and guys who can regularly kick goals off one step like Libba should benefit too. I can see all our forwards playing either midfield or up the ground, including Boyd, Crameri, Stringer, Dicko & Cloke. It must be great for Bevo to know on match days that he literally move anyone up forward or into the midfield if need be.

bornadog
21-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Travis Cloke to be booed by Collingwood cheer squad when they clash with Western Bulldogs (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/western-bulldogs/travis-cloke-to-be-booed-by-collingwood-cheer-squad-when-they-clash-with-western-bulldogs/news-story/dd03a4c297f5246aa88a508fa100ec64)

COLLINGWOOD’S cheer squad has vowed to make Travis Cloke’s first clash in Western Bulldogs colours as tough as possible on Friday night.

After 12 years at the Magpies, the 441-goal spearhead will attempt to kickstart the Dogs’ premiership defence with a win against his former Collingwood teammates at the MCG.

Cheer squad ringleader Jeff “Joffa” Corfe said Cloke, who demanded a trade from Collingwood last season, would receive a frosty reception from the Magpie faithful.

“He plays for the Bulldogs now, he is not a Collingwood player, so he will get what he deserves,” Corfe said.
“What do you expect us to do? Stand up there and clap him as he comes down to the goal square?

“If he thinks he’s going to go down to the Ponsford end and receive some applause he would be mistaken, because I’ll tell you now, that’s not going to happen.

“We will probably boo him. He is an opposition player wanting to beat Collingwood. When they leave Collingwood they become the enemy.

“I certainly hope he kicks points all night.”

Cloke, 30, has been productive in his first two preseason hit-outs for the Bulldogs, averaging 12.5 disposals and four marks against Melbourne and Gold Coast.

He has booted two goals, both against the Demons.

Corfe said Collingwood’s forward line, led by young star centre half forward Darcy Moore, American recruit Mason Cox, Jesse White and former Dockers’ utility Chris Mayne was “better off without him”.

“He was on a lot of money at Collingwood. Did he really earn the money he was on?” Corfe said.
“Last year he was really disappointing (13 games, 17 goals) and if it was the club’s decision to move him on I think it was the right call.”

The Bulldogs’ clash kicks off a big season for out-of-contract coach Nathan Buckley, who said he will be “on the hook” if the Pies miss finals for a fourth-straight season in 2017.

The Magpies face the Bulldogs, Richmond, Sydney and the improved Saints in the first month.
They tackle all four preliminary finalists in the first eight rounds.

Corfe said the club should ease the public pressure on Buckley by immediately extending his contract.
“This bloke deserves it. The club should come out mow and sign up Bucks for another 12 months,” he said.

“You are a legend of the Collingwood Football Club, we don’t want to put you under this pressure.

“He’s cleaned up the list, he has changed up the culture of the football club, that was evident from who he dismissed from the list four or five years ago, so let’s give the guy a bit of credit.”

LostDoggy
21-03-2017, 11:10 AM
^^

I am sure Cloke is considering pulling out of the game now...

Topdog
21-03-2017, 11:38 AM
“He’s cleaned up the list, he has changed up the culture of the football club, that was evident from who he dismissed from the list four or five years ago, so let’s give the guy a bit of credit.”

Wow what a staggering statement when you consider the team won the flag 7 years ago and were runners up 6 years.

Bulldog4life
21-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Quoting Joffa on Buckley's future. Who will it be next? The tea lady.

bulldogtragic
21-03-2017, 03:28 PM
Quoting Joffa on Buckley's future. Who will it be next? The tea lady.

Nah, her daughters boyfriend's deaf and blind elderly neighbour. He's quite the authority.

Hotdog60
21-03-2017, 09:02 PM
I would like to see him fire up for an easy 10 goals to go with the booing.

bornadog
24-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Jumper Presentation here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2017-03-23/travis-cloke-guernsey-presentation)

Axe Man
24-03-2017, 01:09 PM
Jumper Presentation here (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2017-03-23/travis-cloke-guernsey-presentation)

I thought Gia would have presented him with the jumper since it is his old number 13.

Eastdog
24-03-2017, 01:13 PM

Looking forward to seeing how he goes tonight along with Crammers. Will be hoping we are highly attacking this year and we maintain our team defence.

Eastdog
24-03-2017, 01:15 PM
I would like to see him fire up for an easy 10 goals to go with the booing.

The headline the next day "Cloke rejuvenated as the reigning premiers get off to the perfect start".

Axe Man
24-03-2017, 01:17 PM
The headline the next day "Cloke rejuvenated as the reigning premiers get off the perfect start".

Only if the sub editor is not concentrating.

Eastdog
24-03-2017, 01:20 PM
Only if the sub editor is not concentrating.

Yes fixed the headline. Typing from my IPhone :)

Axe Man
24-03-2017, 01:23 PM
Yes fixed the headline. Typing from my IPhone :)

It's also a bit long winded. Needs something more punchy and cliched like: Cloke's Dagger to Magpie Hearts.

Eastdog
24-03-2017, 01:24 PM
It's also a bit long winded. Needs something more punchy and cliched like: Cloke's Dagger to Magpie Hearts.

Yeah true that Axe Man. The simpler it is with powerful wording the better it is.

1eyedog
24-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Clokey, Crammers and Stringer up forward tonight. SAL I VAT ING!

Hotdog60
24-03-2017, 01:31 PM
Cloke 1, Buckley 0

Rocket Science
24-03-2017, 01:59 PM
New Dog, Old Tricks ... Cloke reborn as Premiers Pummel Pies.

Eastdog
24-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Cloke 1, Buckley 0

So simple but grabs your attention :)

1eyedog
24-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Getting all gangsta. Da Big Dawg!

bulldogtragic
25-03-2017, 12:56 AM
R.1.

14 disposals, 9 contested
6 marks, 2 contested
1 Goal
2 Goal Assists
3 inside 50's
2 Clearances
1 tackle inside 50
Time in the ruck
Bail out target provided
Covered a heap of ground all night
Took their best defender all night
Allowed. Rosy to go in defence and play well
And he's only going to get better as he continues to read the way his teammates play

Minimum wage, pick 76 we were not going to use...

Thanks Collingwood

bulldogtragic
25-03-2017, 03:15 AM
Oh, and for your Collingwood friends or co-workers, they will point out that they ran us to only 15 points and umpiring cost them. The stat of 15 points in margin is a fact. It's also a fact that Trav kicked 1 goal and had two goal assists equaling 18 points he generated for the team who only won by 15 points. So in fact, the actual difference in them losing last night was them gifting us Cloke. Fact. :D

Sedat
25-03-2017, 03:40 AM
Oh, and for your Collingwood friends or co-workers, they will point out that they ran us to only 15 points and umpiring cost them. The stat of 15 points in margin is a fact. It's also a fact that Trav kicked 1 goal and had two goal assists equaling 18 points he generated for the team who only won by 15 points. So in fact, the actual difference in them losing last night was them gifting us Cloke. Fact. :D
Will be disappointed if the papers don't use 'Cloke and Swagger' as a headline tomorrow ;)

bulldogtragic
25-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Will be disappointed if the papers don't use 'Cloke and Swagger' as a headline tomorrow ;)

Close. One went with 'Cloke puts dagger into former team'.

bulldogtragic
31-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Thanks Nathan B.

chef
31-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Hes been fantastic.

Twodogs
01-04-2017, 01:14 AM
He's been everything we could have hoped for. He got us back in touch at quarter time with two goals. And he was drawing defenders to him I'm the last quarter which left the forward line open for Stringers long bomb and Picken and Bont's party trick.

1eyedog
01-04-2017, 01:16 AM
Sensational game was in everything early.

comrade
01-04-2017, 01:19 AM
Looks like he's enjoying himself and doing exactly what we recruited for.

ledge
01-04-2017, 02:17 AM
The pies supporters have gone from hating Cloke to hating Buckley in a week.
Cloke was exceptional tonight , he straightens us up and gives our other forwards a chance to score.
Had a giggle tonight when Cloke passed it to Picken, thought the pies must be spewing, sons of guns coming back to haunt them.
Also have this crazy urge that when Picken takes a mark in a pack to say "Picken from behind!"

Sedat
01-04-2017, 02:38 AM
He's ok but he's no Mason Cox ;)

jeemak
01-04-2017, 02:52 AM
He's been great value.

The volume of football that you can channel through him is enormous. We and other teams have learned you need players like him to be complementary to a greater whole more so than integral to it. Where he played previously that was round earth talk versus flat earth talk in terms of sensibility.

He's looking to be enjoying that.

josie
01-04-2017, 02:54 AM
His work around the ground and in forward line has been really good. Keep it up big fella!! Slotted in so well and looks happy. Let's hope he keeps up with pretty accurate goal kicking too. Noticed he is keeping ball very still in run-up, always a good thing.

Twodogs
01-04-2017, 07:54 AM
I didn't realise how often he drifts in from side on to the contest. You'll be watching all theJostling for position when this big bloke arrives from nowhere and knocks players everywhere.

He's been a terrific acquisition.

Go_Dogs
01-04-2017, 08:17 AM
He's been great value.

The volume of football that you can channel through him is enormous. We and other teams have learned you need players like him to be complementary to a greater whole more so than integral to it. Where he played previously that was round earth talk versus flat earth talk in terms of sensibility.

He's looking to be enjoying that.

Even Kyrie would concede Travis is playing a great role for the team.

Bulldog4life
01-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Travis has been a great asset to our side. His leading up and down the ground is first class. A great get. Bevo you've done it again.

Eastdog
01-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Played very well last night and kicked a couple. Is slotting in very well in the team and wants to play the best he can with us.

merantau
01-04-2017, 07:22 PM
There's a lot to like about Travis Cloke and I'm sure he's pumped being a Bulldog. His last couple of years under Nathan Buckley must have been difficult. I really like the pressure goals he's kicked. That first one, with 40K Pies baying derision and vitriol was a pressure kick. So was his goal against the Swans after being crunched. I like the way he's covering huge metreage. Working hard for the team. He's ticking over like a well-oiled machine.

ledge
01-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Heard a story about him today, at a small function and was asked how he liked it at The bulldogs , his reply was I hated going to work the last three years but can't wait to get to work now.
I think that says it all.

macca
02-04-2017, 02:03 AM
for someone with that attitude cannot t wait to him every week for us . what a great pickup

1eyedog
02-04-2017, 01:43 PM
He was one of the main reasons we were in the match at quarter time.

choconmientay
04-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Got hit ...
http://cdn0.theroar.com.au/tv/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2644833814001_5380186680001_5380179841001-vs-428x292.jpg

Got up and kicked the goal :)
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/Samples/494003-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Thumb up :)
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/ba1c48fe5d26e8c913ec78cfc5e7c7cd?width=700&height=393

Twodogs
04-04-2017, 03:28 PM
It must feel pretty good wearing that gold AFL badge.

aker39
04-04-2017, 03:34 PM
His dad needs to shut his mouth

KT31
04-04-2017, 04:52 PM

Never going to happen, what has he said now ?

Nuggety Back Pocket
04-04-2017, 04:56 PM

Agree. A weak publicity stunt by Mark Robinson. Totally unnecessary comments by David Cloke.

mitch0418
04-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Got hit ...
http://cdn0.theroar.com.au/tv/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/2644833814001_5380186680001_5380179841001-vs-428x292.jpg

Got up and kicked the goal :)
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/Samples/494003-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Thumb up :)
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/ba1c48fe5d26e8c913ec78cfc5e7c7cd?width=700&height=393

On a different note can someone explain how that idiot gets off with only a $1000 fine? He leaves the ground, makes head contact and had no intention of going for the ball? The AFL is a joke .... If it wasn't Sydney it would be at least 1 week.

choconmientay
04-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Never going to happen, what has he said now ?

There is an article from M Robinson in the HS (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/travis-cloke-thriving-at-western-bulldogs-compared-to-collingwood-says-david-cloke/news-story/e6f77594aca73ed013e7d8c54367eebc) (behind the paywall)
--------------------------------------

Travis Cloke thriving at Western Bulldogs compared to Collingwood, says David Cloke

DAVID Cloke has lashed Nathan Buckley, saying his son Travis was thriving at the Western Bulldogs because of coach Luke Beveridge and the game plan.

Cloke Sr levelled significant blame at Buckley and his midfield for Travis’s demise at Collingwood.

He said Travis was a “scapegoat” for poor coaching, going all the way back to Anzac Day last year, when the powerhouse forward was axed for American Mason Cox.

Cloke Sr savaged Buckley’s style, which he claimed was based around high possessions in the midfield and slow ball movement, and which didn’t suit key forwards.

He said Buckley’s style would “destroy” emerging forward Darcy Moore and he took aim at captain Scott Pendlebury and prized recruit Adam Treloar.

Travis kicked three goals for the Bulldogs last Friday night and was a key player in a bruising first half against Sydney at Etihad Stadium.

“It’s the style of game under Buckley,” Cloke said. “The Bulldogs run and carry, Collingwood don’t run and carry the ball.

“And it goes back to the coach. I’ve heard people say leave Bucks alone, that it’s the players ... well, it’s not.

“He’s the head coach, he’s in charge of it.

“He’s got rid of all the players who wanted to run and carry the ball. He got rid of Heath Shaw. He got rid of Harry O’Brien. Nick Maxwell retired and they never replaced them with players who ran and carried the ball.

“The thing is, Travis has got a coach who’s got a game style which wants to get the ball into the forward line.

“Whereas at Collingwood ... and they’re doing the same with Darcy Moore now.

“They will destroy him because they have a game style which revolves around their midfielders getting high possessions, but don’t get the ball into their forward half.

“Last year, everyone wanted to say it was Travis’ fault, but a forward in today’s football can’t do any good if the side is not getting the ball in properly.”

Cloke opted out of his final-year contract at Collingwood last year and was traded to the Bulldogs for pick No. 76.

He played 13 games in his final season and was dropped three times.

Cloke Sr said his son and Buckley had a “sensational relationship”.

“They were best of mates for donkey’s years,” Cloke Sr said.

“But Bucks wanted to change the style of the game and I know they wanted to get rid of Travis as early as Anzac Day last year.”

Cloke Sr described his son as being a scapegoat.

“He sure was.” Cloke Sr said.

Cloke Sr offered statistics to support his argument the Pies midfielders were not elite ball-movers.

And he pointed the finger Pendlebury and Treloar.

Champion Data revealed Treloar and Pendlebury were ranked No. 24 and No. 32 — which is coincidence — in both metres gained and inside 50 averages since the start of the 2016 season.

Cloke Sr said he had attended both Collingwood games this season.

“I’ve watched them play and they play exactly the same way, chip sideways to a player who’s got to get back over the mark and they don’t get the ball in quickly,” he said.

“When they look good, and when they can win a game, it’s when they get the ball in quick.”

He said his son’s attitude to the game had not changed from Collingwood to the Bulldogs.

“But he’s happy now. He’s getting a game, he’s doing what they wanted him to do, it’s working well and he’s got a coach who has shown confidence in him,” he said.

“They got him, they wanted him to play a role they needed him to play for them.

“All Collingwood has concentrated on is getting a midfield, getting all these players in the midfield.

“What they need to do is get a game plan which tries to win games of football.

“Everyone says have a look at their mighty midfield, but they don’t get the ball into the forward half quickly enough, they don’t get it in directly enough and when they do get it in, they have to go so wide and players are missing shots.

“The mids get it and blast away. They don’t man up, they don’t go defensive. Who runs the ball out of the back half?”

always right
04-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Agree. A weak publicity stunt by Mark Robinson. Totally unnecessary comments by David Cloke.
How is it a publicity stunt?

Bulldog4life
04-04-2017, 06:26 PM
How is it a publicity stunt?

Not a publicity stunt. Just the truth which sometimes hurt.

1eyedog
04-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Yeah nah I don't think this is any good for Clokey, playing good, stress free footy then his old man farts in the elevator. David Cloke would only be behind Damir Dokic as the worst sporting parent out there.

Twodogs
04-04-2017, 08:14 PM
I'm sure someone will point out that's not how we do things at the Bulldogs.