PDA

View Full Version : Watching this weeks game

strebla
05-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Just wondering what you were all up to I will be watching on the big screen at Werribee tavern. Any Werribee locals it would be great to get a few there and hopefully watch a great win. There is also a raffle there drawn grand finan day for a signed jumper by Jake Stringer money going to leukaemia foundation.

Eastdog
05-09-2016, 06:09 PM
Have a good time there strebla. The place I'm sure will go off if we win.

Ill be watching from my couch at home and probably have a beer.

Go Dogs!

LostDoggy
05-09-2016, 06:26 PM
Going over to a mates place with a couple of others to watch it on his big scren t.v.
When we get up I'll be ringing in crook for work the next day!!! :p

Eastdog
05-09-2016, 06:30 PM
The pubs across the city will go off if we win. Bulldogs! Bulldogs!

bornadog
05-09-2016, 06:43 PM
I will be very stressed watching on my couch. I hate TV games and if we are losing I will be tense.

strebla
05-09-2016, 07:18 PM
That's when I walk out to the smoking area BAD I hate TV games too !!!!

1eyedog
05-09-2016, 07:35 PM
I'm flying out tomorrow night. I'm killing three or four birds with one stone and catching up with mates I lived with in Geelong that I haven't seen for 10 years.

dadsgirl16
05-09-2016, 07:43 PM
Going with friends to another friends to watch on her huge tv...we were there for the Sydney match and can only hope we go as bonkers as we did then!��

Remi Moses
05-09-2016, 07:54 PM
My television will get a stern dressing down .

SonofScray
05-09-2016, 08:55 PM
I will watch from home, but am terrible watching on TV, no panoptic social controls to promote self regulation of my behaviour.

MrMahatma
05-09-2016, 09:03 PM
In BrisVegas. Prob go to the Paddo to watch it if they have it on. Otherwise the Alderley arms.

I plan on drinking enough to enjoy a win, or forget a loss

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
05-09-2016, 09:10 PM
I will watch from home, but am terrible watching on TV, no panoptic social controls to promote self regulation of my behaviour.

My next door neighbours put their house on the market after we watched the Sydney game at home

Twodogs
05-09-2016, 09:13 PM
I will lean against the lounge room wall for a bit then pace up and down in front of the TV

ratsmac
05-09-2016, 09:18 PM
I almost threw a shoe at the TV last week when Bont got pinged for deliberate in the last quarter. My wife looked at me like I had a demon, which I think I did. So I am a bit reluctant to watch it at my house because I don't want to break anything or have an exorcism. I am definitely more reserved at other peoples houses or at the local.

AndrewP6
05-09-2016, 09:23 PM
I'll be at home watching, having an adult beverage. I will scream and carry on as per normal, unless it doesn't look like we're having a crack - then, at home, I tend to lose interest, and ponder doing some housework. I hope my house cleaning doesn't happen till the weekend.

LostDoggy
05-09-2016, 10:29 PM
I'll have the match on in the main bar of the mighty Gladstone Hotel, Newbridge, converting a few more locals to the cause.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2016, 10:46 PM
At home, between the cracks of my fingers with my hands covering my eyes.

Twodogs
05-09-2016, 10:50 PM
At home, between the cracks of my fingers with my hands covering my eyes.

That's exactly how I sat in the Sun cinema in Yarraville last Monday watching David Brent in Life on the Road. God that Office humour can be uncomfortable to watch but it's bloody funny.

Eastdog
05-09-2016, 11:12 PM
I'll have the match on in the main bar of the mighty Gladstone Hotel, Newbridge, converting a few more locals to the cause.

Good on you PP. Have you met any other Bulldog supporters there?

LostDoggy
05-09-2016, 11:59 PM
At home with the wife. During the warm up she will make me promise to not get agitated and try not to be constantly negative which apparently ruins the game for her.

3 minutes into the first quarter we will be fighting and she will be down in the bedroom watching it.

Like circle work.

Danny the snakeman
06-09-2016, 01:03 AM
I'll be sitting on the wing :)

LostDoggy
06-09-2016, 01:42 AM
Good on you PP. Have you met any other Bulldog supporters there?

Not a one Easty, although a few regulars have been somewhat converted. I'll have a little crew cheering us on even if most of them don't really get a lot of what is happening :)

merantau
06-09-2016, 05:02 AM
I'll be in Lombok watching on TV with my wife and my neighbour Jimin, who have become big Bulldog fans.

jazzadogs
06-09-2016, 08:40 AM
I'll be in Lake Como hoping that my decision to book a hotel rated 6/10 for wifi doesn't backfire!!

Murphy'sLore
06-09-2016, 09:00 AM
I'll be racing from primary school film festival to high school poetry exhibition night, then speeding home hopefully in time for the first bounce.

Seriously, don't these people consult the calendar at all??

bornadog
06-09-2016, 09:04 AM
I'll be in Lombok watching on TV with my wife and my neighbour Jimin, who have become big Bulldog fans.

How do you receive the telecast? Is it through Australia Television?

Bulldog4life
06-09-2016, 09:23 AM
I will lean against the lounge room wall for a bit then pace up and down in front of the TV

Yes I am a pacer too TD especially when the game is tight. I will be watching with Mrs. Bulldog4life who also is a keen supporter but not quite as loud as me;)

Twodogs
06-09-2016, 10:53 AM
I'll be in Lake Como hoping that my decision to book a hotel rated 6/10 for wifi doesn't backfire!!

You might need a 4G. I have one on my phone and it's brilliant.

Yes I am a pacer too TD especially when the game is tight. I will be watching with Mrs. Bulldog4life who also is a keen supporter but not quite as loud as me;)

I have to have a few things when I watch the footy at home. I have to stand and pace, I have to have a footy to squeeze and bounce and pretend to throw at the umpire and I have to remember off the top of my head who kicked our goals in succession. "Dickson, Liberatore, Daniel, Dickson again"

The only thing i do when I go is stand, sometimes I have a footy but usually I can't trust myself not to actually throw it at the umpire

G-Mo77
06-09-2016, 11:02 AM
Couch time. I've take a rec leave day from work so I can watch it. I just hope it's a comfortable win or blow out, that Adelaide game last season took 5 years off my life. I've already subtracted quite a few years from this season due to the close games so I don't know how much more I have left.

1eyedog
06-09-2016, 11:36 AM

Nice place - enjoy. I wouldn't be confident in streaming anything via hotel wifi. If you're just after score updates that'll be fine.

Eastdog
06-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Not a one Easty, although a few regulars have been somewhat converted. I'll have a little crew cheering us on even if most of them don't really get a lot of what is happening :)

You'll be the loudest one in town if we win I'm guessing PP :)

Eastdog
06-09-2016, 11:56 AM
I'll be sitting on the wing :)

Sounds like you got a great seat Danny at the ground.

ratsmac
06-09-2016, 05:59 PM
By the sounds of things I'm not the only nutter when watching the game on TV. I feel much better now, thanks.

KT31
06-09-2016, 09:57 PM
So you are the one handing out the Doggie caps, I was in Lombok a couple of months back and I noticed a few.

LostDoggy
07-09-2016, 12:41 PM

I lean on my wall as well.

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2016, 01:51 PM
You sound dangerous.
I must admit outside the Thunderdome, public viewing of the Doggies in a big one redefines 'volatile'. Add a few beers and strength of self control becomes up for grabs.
So I'll head for the bar at a Frankston pub with mainly a non Bulldog audience with questionable self control even before they drink. It will the same for our players with the Subiaco crowd.

The bulldog tragician
07-09-2016, 02:51 PM
My sister lives in an apartment in the former Rising Star apartments which are just across the road from the Whitten Oval and still have the quaint sign "Official suppliers of beer to the Footscray Football Club." If those walls could speak... after I wrote a story about it I heard from people that it was once a gathering place for the feared Bodgie gangs. It was definitely a Footscray landmark and place for celebration and, too often, commiseration.

Anyway, that's where I will watch the game. My sister and I have watched two matches there together. Sydney 2015. Sydney 2016. We want - make that expect - the perfect success rate to continue.

Twodogs
07-09-2016, 03:26 PM
My sister lives in an apartment in the former Rising Star apartments which are just across the road from the Whitten Oval and still have the quaint sign "Official suppliers of beer to the Footscray Football Club." If those walls could speak... after I wrote a story about it I heard from people that it was once a gathering place for the feared Bodgie gangs. It was definitely a Footscray landmark and place for celebration and, too often, commiseration.

Anyway, that's where I will watch the game. My sister and I have watched two matches there together. Sydney 2015. Sydney 2016. We want - make that expect - the perfect success rate to continue.

Was the story about you two watching Sydney 2015 together? If so, I have read it and enjoyed it.

Happy Days
07-09-2016, 03:35 PM
I'm going to the pub and then going to erode the memory of the game from my brain with some neo-shoegaze afterwards.

Maxwell made 145* overnight, maybe pretending to like cricket will be a little easier this summer.

Danny the snakeman
07-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Sounds like you got s great seat Danny at the ground.

I have mate. Just noticed we have lost our last 7 there and im on the wing ,sure that's a good luck sign.

bornadog
07-09-2016, 05:51 PM
I have mate. Just noticed we have lost our last 7 there and im on the wing ,sure that's a good luck sign.

Forget the past, this group is ready to make history.

merantau
08-09-2016, 09:55 AM
So you are the one handing out the Doggie caps, I was in Lombok a couple of months back and I noticed a few.

Yes, I'm happy to put my hand up for that one!

KT31
08-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Yes, I'm happy to put my hand up for that one!

Great work, Merantau.
Seems now when travelling or at home that over the last couple of years that Doggies clothing would be only second to the Hawks in AFL teams worn.

The bulldog tragician
08-09-2016, 02:08 PM
Was the story about you two watching Sydney 2015 together? If so, I have read it and enjoyed it.

sure was. This is the story (www.bulldogtragician.com/the-tragician-blog/one-more-song) http://www.bulldogtragician.com/the-tragician-blog/one-more-song

comrade
08-09-2016, 02:09 PM
sure was. This is the story (www.bulldogtragician.com/the-tragician-blog/one-more-song) http://www.bulldogtragician.com/the-tragician-blog/one-more-song

I hope you keep the website humming for future seasons. When we win it all, your game by game review will make a great book.

The Bulldogs Bite
08-09-2016, 02:22 PM
On the couch with the old man and old gal.

Have advised my partner it is best to stay home.

Likely to just be and the old man watching by quarter time. Have to say, I really cannot stand watching footy on TV. Infinitely more frustrating.

always right
08-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Watching it at our place with family and friends. I apologise to them in advance for my behaviour....I'll try not to be negative.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-09-2016, 03:26 PM
Watching at home, for once grateful of a late start as it will mean my 3 and a half year old boy will be asleep and therefore will not see his old man carry on like a plonker.

Eastdog
09-09-2016, 01:09 AM
There would have been wild celebrations around houses and pubs tonight especially in Victoria but also interstate and overseas - merantau, jazzadogs and a few others who a Overseas Bulldogs.

SonofScray
09-09-2016, 01:11 AM
https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14199666_10207930607557938_3668410823241040066_n.jpg