PDA

View Full Version : Afel x

jeemak
07-09-2016, 05:47 PM
The AFEL is going X-treme, with AFEL X!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-secretly-trials-new-version-of-football-20160907-gral7s.html

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

In all seriousness, it will be interesting to see whether anyone is interested in football all year round. I know that by the time a season wound up I was glad to live the vast majority of the spring and summer months pain free, and able to get as fat as I truly desired.

comrade
07-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Adding an off side rule would really help the sport too. Probably best to get rid of the silly oval shape ball and go with a round one.

Dumb.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 05:59 PM
I guess they really are following the WWE.

Start with WWE Raw, introduce a women's format and go with WWE Smack Down as a second brand. Next will be Wrestlemania... Footymania - One Million Dollar Prize Money, with the bottom ranked teams playing each other and the winner playing the next team up ladder.

Or an all in Royal Rumble of two all star teams, who can tag out players underperforming for whole new players. Maybe have Lance Franklin run down from the top of the Grand Stand to take a speccy and take out a defender and kick a huge goal. Maybe Gil can smack down Lindsay Thomas with a fold up chair to win the crowds back...

ratsmac
07-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Adding an off side rule would really help the sport too. Probably best to get rid of the silly oval shape ball and go with a round one.

Dumb.

How's Josh Jenkins supposed to kick goals if there is an offside rule. Sounds like AFL X ain't for Josh Jenkins.

Greystache
07-09-2016, 06:17 PM
So Gaelic football with an oval ball? Truly revolutionary!

Don't worry about the disenfranchised supporters in your key market, "revolutionize" the game to try to capture a handful of casual observers. It's costs 3x as much to recruit a new customer as it does to retain one. Was everyone at AFL house absent the day they taught business at business school?

Sedat
07-09-2016, 06:18 PM
This thread title is an anagram of Axel F

Twodogs
07-09-2016, 06:29 PM
I've been thinking this is coming.

There will be a 20/20 version of football. The AFEL want their own Bigbash, the HogWash or something similar they could call it.

People will be losing money on this soon. Then the smart ones will come in and make a lot of money.

boydogs
09-09-2016, 12:15 AM
I actually like this idea. I get the view that it's an AFEL mutant version of the game, but smaller teams and use of soccer & rugby fields opens up a lot more opportunities for play, not just at an elite level

jeemak
09-09-2016, 12:53 AM
Apparently this concept was actually proposed by a guy with links to VAFA ammos, and now other guys with VAFA ammos links have wrenched it off them and won a $10K prize on the back of it!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-facing-legal-action-over-ownership-of-afl-x-concept-20160908-grboco.html

I had a few run ins with Lethlean and McGlachlan in my time when they were playing and I was playing ammos........they're wankers.

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 02:12 AM
You should have been there the night we made Adrian Anderson shit himself playing touch footy at Whitten Oval

He shit himself like a big, black Alsatian when one of our guys yelled "you're hot Ando" and dropped a mark all by himself. Then he got a bit upset when I kept reminding him.

westdog54
14-09-2016, 03:14 PM
You should have been there the night we made Adrian Anderson shit himself playing touch footy at Whitten Oval

He shit himself like a big, black Alsatian when one of our guys yelled "you're hot Ando" and dropped a mark all by himself. Then he got a bit upset when I kept reminding him.

The best part was that it was a 16 year old kid that made him shit himself.

Twodogs
14-09-2016, 04:41 PM
The best part was that it was a 16 year old kid that made him shit himself.

It was a thing of beauty to behold.