PDA

View Full Version : Eastdog's Three Things I've Learned - Season 2016

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Give Eastie the three most important things you've learned this year. Your top three.

Twodogs
07-09-2016, 10:03 PM
This is my job. Are we gonna have a falling out over this? WELL are we?

I'm pretty sure it is anyway.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2016, 10:11 PM
This is my job. Are we gonna have a falling out over this? WELL are we?

I'm pretty sure it is anyway.

I bow down to your knee and kiss your hand for forgiveness, Godfather.

Twodogs
07-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I bow down to your knee and kiss your hand for forgiveness, Godfather.

Well if you're kissing my hand then I guess it's ok.

Twodogs
07-09-2016, 10:21 PM
Eastie is being derelict in his duties though. Perhaps he's forgotten we've made the finals and has gone mad Monday early.

Eastdog
07-09-2016, 10:26 PM
Eastie is being derelict in his duties though. Perhaps he's forgotten we've made the finals and has gone mad Monday early.

Nah all good Twodogs. Definitely want to delay Mad Monday as much as possible.

Twodogs
07-09-2016, 11:53 PM
Nah all good Twodogs. Definitely want to delay Mad Monday as much as possible.

A month would be good.

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 06:55 PM
Bump.

Twodogs
04-10-2016, 07:27 PM
And what a month it was.

Bump bump

bulldogtragic
04-10-2016, 07:31 PM
1. Dreams can come true.
2. Being at MCG was an amazing life moment. I hope to do it again.
3. That was most the most amazing ride, a beautiful Cinderella story and a rich reward for sticking fat through all the lean years.

Twodogs
04-10-2016, 07:41 PM
1. It really was worth it. All of that grief and frustration at more than 30 years of almost getting there. It was washed away with one glorious win. It was a long hard road to hoe. At times it seemed that the ultimate prize was so far away that it was almost pointless going on. I'm glad I ploughed on regardless because standing there on Saturday evening watching Easton and Bob hoist that cup was a life affirming moment.

2. You just can't afford to lose a player or have more than two passengers in a GF.

3. Tom Boyd is worth every cent.

dadsgirl16
04-10-2016, 08:06 PM
1.I have always said it would be good for the soul if it ever happened...I have learned I was right

2.I have always said I would get a tattoo if it ever happened...I have learned to shut thy mouth

3.I have always said "never in my lifetime"...I WAS WRONG!

westdog54
04-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Is this 3 things I've learned overt the course of the season? If so:

1. Having a reliable ruck/forward is a massive key to a premiership. Good thing we have Tom Boyd.

2. The premiership is won on grand final day. Drop your bundle at any stage and you're out.

3. Fairytales are real.

Danny the snakeman
04-10-2016, 09:33 PM
1. Bevo is a genius

2. I was wrong about T Boyd.

3. 47 years of heartache can be forgotten after 2 hours on GF day.

**I love when I read or hear news articles now they start with "Premiership player such and such".

Twodogs
04-10-2016, 10:05 PM
1. Bevo is a genius

2. I was wrong about T Boyd.

3. 47 years of heartache can be forgotten after 2 hours on GF day.

*b*I love when I read or hear news articles now they start with "Premiership player such and such".

That's particularly sweet. I love seeing that. And I'm looking forward to seeing Bob, Wally, Jack, Campbell and a few others adding that title as well.

whythelongface
04-10-2016, 10:24 PM
1. Not only are we the best AFL team in Australia we are the best AFL team in the world. That makes us WORLD CHAMPIONS. Hoot Hoot.

2. We all thought we were good but we are actually awesome.

3. Bevo is a genius.

LostDoggy
05-10-2016, 12:13 AM
1. When you hope and dream and wish for something over many decades, the arrival of the dream can actually exceed your expectations.
2. The good guys do sometimes ultimately prevail.
3. This group that looked so promising on paper at the start of the year, are actually even better than that. With the right leadership to guide them, they are special and can deliver an extended period of unrivalled success.