Start at Transport bar? :D

bornadog
09-09-2016, 12:40 AM
Start at Transport bar? :D
see you there

josie
09-09-2016, 12:58 AM
We need the cheer squad there to lead the march singing their songs

Those not involved with banner and putting out floggers etc will definitely be there - including moi!!

LostDoggy
09-09-2016, 01:00 AM
Just to clarify is this for next Friday Night or the Grand Final?

See ya lid!

SonofScray
09-09-2016, 02:08 AM
Dust off your walking shoes folks! A Bulldog Army, ravenous in pursuit of Premiership glory will March upon the Hallowed turf.

My challenge for this year, sing this song:
We'll be Coming,
We'll Be Coming,
We'll Be Coming down the road,
When you hear the noise,
of the Footscray girls & Boys,
We'll Be Coming Down the road.

(look up tartan army on youtube)

AND, I want lots of banners up front, like a union rally with us all marching behind them.

SonofScray
09-09-2016, 02:16 AM
Also, I will carry anyone who can't physically manage the walk.

bornadog
09-09-2016, 05:54 PM
ok, from the Perth thread.

Love to get this going at Fed square.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbMV6JvL6E

HOSE B ROMERO
11-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Also, I will carry anyone who can't physically manage the walk.

Ah cool, 'cos i've got severe cramp in both legs after doing my marathon celebration dance after last Friday night!

HOSE B ROMERO
11-09-2016, 09:33 PM
I'd like to see Jimmy Edmond and Johnny Schultz with their respective teams from '85 & '61 lead the march; they have unfinished business...

Twodogs
11-09-2016, 09:52 PM
I'd like to see Jimmy Edmond and Johnny Schultz with their respective teams from '85 & '61 lead the march; they have unfinished business...

Let's leave that for the GF walk. It might be seen as getting ahead of ourselves.

SonofScray
11-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Looking forward to the pack gathering.

Last year was a really affirming, community building experience. We get so much shit shovelled down our throats about us as fans being less than others, less numerous, less affluent, less worthy of fair treatment by the league, less likely to turn out in big numbers etc. Crowds for CFC & EFC this year suggested to me in a big way that these narratives end up self fulfilling; shipped out to the doldrums of Sunday twilight and very little attention on their football outside of negative press saw them diminished too. Funnily enough the narrative hasn't quite shifted on them...yet.

In recent memory we have this experience of gathering en masse and challenging the status quo with a public display of affection only rivalled by the likes of Bruce/Cyril and Stringer/goals. It reminds me that the reality about our Club and who, what we are sits firmly in the realm of what we make it. I've made it about an aspirational, passionate, resilient community. We need these moments to embed these types of narratives more firmly within our minds and really challenge the public perception.

We also need a flag that wags. So let's win Friday to keep that on the table.

Twodogs
12-09-2016, 12:13 AM
Knocking Hawthorn over on Friday night is going to mean so much. I've been looking forward to this since round 3.

I thought as Smith was lining up on Friday night that they were going to avoid us in this finals series because if they'd won they'd have gone into the other side of the draw and we could only catch up with them in the Grand Final then but I don't think they are good enough to get through the prelim into a Grand Final. But Smith missed and now it's us who get to end their season this week.

We get to fix up Geelong in the Grand Final instead.

comrade
12-09-2016, 12:43 AM
Knocking Hawthorn over on Friday night is going to mean so much. I've been looking forward to this since round 3.

I thought as Smith was lining up on Friday night that they were going to avoid us in this finals series because if they'd won they'd have gone into the other side of the draw and we could only catch up with them in the Grand Final then but I don't think they are good enough to get through the prelim into a Grand Final. But Smith missed and now it's us who get to end their season this week.

We get to fix up Geelong in the Grand Final instead.

WC in Perth, Hawks at the G, GWS at their **** hole and Geelong in a GF is a hell of a way to win a flag.

Would exorcise a lot of demons.

Twodogs
12-09-2016, 12:47 AM
WC in Perth, Hawks at the G, GWS at their **** hole and Geelong in a GF is a hell of a way to win a flag.

Would exorcise a lot of demons.

Geelong or Adelaide now I think about it. Either would be ideal Grand Final cannon fodder for us as far as I am concerned. Could we play them both maybe?

comrade
12-09-2016, 12:53 AM
Geelong or Adelaide now I think about it. Either would be ideal Grand Final cannon fodder for us as far as I am concerned. Could we play them both maybe?

We can beat Adelaide for the back to back.

Topdog
12-09-2016, 09:23 AM
Has this actually been organised?

If so what time and where?

SonofScray
12-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Has this actually been organised?

If so what time and where?

Was suggested to me by a CS member last night that the Club will put something out early this week.

SonofScray
13-09-2016, 12:13 AM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2016-09-12/join-the-march-to-the-g

#BeMoreBulldog – March to the G
5:00pm – Arrival at Federation Square
5:25pm – Introduction On Stage from MC Danny McGinlay
5:30pm - Special Guests announced on stage
5:40pm – President Peter Gordon to speak to the Bulldogs faithful
5:55pm – Depart Federation Square for the MCG
6:15pm – Arrival at MCG (Gate 2)
7:50pm – First Bounce

HOSE B ROMERO
13-09-2016, 12:24 PM
wow arrival at the g 90 minutes before the bounce. Sure hope there's some pre game entertainment. Maybe Peter Hore will re-enact his 15 seconds from '97. Helen D'amico from '82. Stevie Kolyniuk 1990??

Mantis
13-09-2016, 12:33 PM
wow arrival at the g 90 minutes before the bounce. Sure hope there's some pre game entertainment. Maybe Peter Hore will re-enact his 15 seconds from '97. Helen D'amico from '82. Stevie Kolyniuk 1990??

Seems very strange given game time start... Do we all sit around for 90min and sing the theme song until we are hoarse?

A 7pm departure to me seems a better fit.

Topdog
13-09-2016, 12:44 PM
Seems very strange given game time start... Do we all sit around for 90min and sing the theme song until we are hoarse?

A 7pm departure to me seems a better fit.

Yeah they have stuffed that. I plan to have dinner before the game and assumed it would be a 7PM leaving time.

I do marches all the time for A-League. We never arrive 90 minutes before the game.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2016, 01:43 PM
The early arrival may be due to the increased security checks at gates.

It took fans hours to get into the game last week (Hawks/Cats).

LostDoggy
13-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Plus the march will never leave on time. It will be a slow walk also!

comrade
13-09-2016, 01:48 PM

Good point.

SonofScray
13-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Pretty certain last year it took a while from the time they wrapped up the MC related stuff and actually started shipping out of Fed Sq.I reckon even if you missed the rev up speech etc because you're having a bite at Y&J's or somewhere close by you'd tack on the back of the march very comfortably before it was completely wrapped up.

Topdog
13-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Plus the march will never leave on time. It will be a slow walk also!

Having done the march many times it takes 15 minutes when going very slow.

westdog54
13-09-2016, 04:20 PM

This.

I'd hate for us all to do this massive march to the G only to get caught out and miss the start of the match.

Twodogs
13-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Did they change the route slightly at the last minute last year or am I thinking of something else?

HOSE B ROMERO
15-09-2016, 07:20 PM
The march last year was VERY slow at the beginning as we all had to funnel from Fed Square onto the path. Good point about the security checks potentially holding things up also. Best to probably get to the G as early as possible. I would hate for any of us to miss the 10 goal first quarter. :D

SonofScray
15-09-2016, 09:39 PM
Very excited for tomorrow's game and the build up. These moments of coming together in such a fashion, while not unique, are relatively rare in Australian sport. Even more so in the homogenous, hegemonic world of AFL. Embrace the opportunity to be absorbed in a sea of red, white & blue and carve your place in the narrative of this Club. A club ferocious in its pursuit of The Day.

EasternWest
16-09-2016, 11:50 PM
Guys the March to the G looked awesome on TV. Very proud of you all.

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 12:08 AM
Guys the March to the G looked awesome on TV. Very proud of you all.

Tim Cahill was a great marching man too.

whythelongface
17-09-2016, 12:11 AM
Tim Cahill was a great marching man too.

How cool is that. He must be our highest profile supporter these days.

Twodogs
17-09-2016, 10:00 AM
How cool is that. He must be our highest profile supporter these days.

Snoop Dog. They should have flown him over.

Actually I'm pretty sure he'd just have his own plane. He could have flown over.

bornadog
17-09-2016, 10:04 AM
Snoop Dog. They should have flown him over.

Actually I'm pretty sure he'd just have his own plane. He could have flown over.

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/1efe09c626f873a8cec5f90633738792?width=1024

SonofScray
17-09-2016, 10:19 AM
The act of walking en masse to the G is fantastic. I heard a Salvos tin rattler say to a Hawks fan "you're the first Hawks fan I've seen in 20 minutes!" We dominated the space and while it was not particularly boisterous, it had this element if inevitably about it, we were marching full of hope to victory.

They overdo the celebrity interviews, I would prefer a live musical performance next time. Mike Brady singing The Day is Getting Closer or Williamstown RSL Pipe band etc.