PDA

View Full Version : Perth Doggies supporters

Sedat
09-09-2016, 12:28 AM
You deserve every minute of this - having to front up year after year for insipid performance after insipid performance and put up with all those paranoid inbred West Coke supporters.

Congrats guys - I hope you all paint the town red white and blue.

comrade
09-09-2016, 12:35 AM
Yep, celebrate your freaking brains out!

Mantis
09-09-2016, 12:36 AM
mjp and Scraggers.. Enjoy it!!

Remi Moses
09-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Lucky buggers

EasternWest
09-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Legends.

bornadog
09-09-2016, 12:39 AM

MJP was miserable going to the ground, I bet he is lapping it up now

Mantis
09-09-2016, 12:41 AM
MJP was miserable going to the ground, I bet he is lapping it up now

He is probably still sitting in his seat.. Can't move out of sheer disbelief.

merantau
09-09-2016, 12:48 AM
I heard you Doggies supporters. Lombok is pretty much due north of Perth and the wind was coming from the south. I heard the cheers after every goal!

Danny the snakeman
09-09-2016, 02:18 AM
Made sitting thru all those floggings over the years at subi and the waca worth it tonight. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a couple of tear well up.

Remi Moses
09-09-2016, 04:27 AM
They could boo for Australia, honestly

bornadog
09-09-2016, 10:15 AM
Made sitting thru all those floggings over the years at subi and the waca worth it tonight. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a couple of tear well up.

Great stuff Danny - I hope you gave it to the Coke supporters.

Ozza
09-09-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm a bit sh!tty at myself that I didn't go over for the game. I go to Perth for work once a month - so could have strategically planned a 'work trip'!! If we win next week - 100% will be going to Sydney.

But back to the WA doggies....couldn't agree more with Sedat....well deserved fellas. Actually seemed like we had a few there at the game making a bit of noise.

mjp
09-09-2016, 01:04 PM
Thanks - I agree that we deserved this. Had all the kids at the game in red-white-blue gear (they are all members still despite two of them being Dockers defectors) and it was a really, really great night.

Probably not all that enjoyable at the time - it felt tense until about the 20 minute mark of the last but maybe because I just couldnt believe it - but this morning has been a very satisfying feeling.

LostDoggy
09-09-2016, 01:07 PM
You could hear the Bulldogs chant on the radio.

Eastdog
09-09-2016, 03:31 PM

along with Danny, Bertie and westbulldog

westbulldog
09-09-2016, 03:37 PM
along with Danny, Bertie and westbulldog

You didn't hear the yells across the Nullabor ? Against all odds, the best win I have ever seen.

Eastdog
09-09-2016, 03:39 PM
You didn't hear the yells across the Nullabor ? Against all odds, the best win I have ever seen.

I sure did :)

bornadog
09-09-2016, 03:39 PM
Thanks - I agree that we deserved this. Had all the kids at the game in red-white-blue gear (they are all members still despite two of them being Dockers defectors) and it was a really, really great night.

Probably not all that enjoyable at the time - it felt tense until about the 20 minute mark of the last but maybe because I just couldnt believe it - but this morning has been a very satisfying feeling.

At the 20 minute mark of the last quarter, my wife said I think we have won it, I suddenly thought, they need at least 10 goals to catch us (we were up 51 points at that stage and Bont was having a second shot at goal), it dawned on me we are not going to be caught.

Cyberdoggie
09-09-2016, 04:00 PM

Told you it would be worth it!

LostDoggy
09-09-2016, 04:52 PM
This is classic bit of commentary from the 1981 world cup (Norway beat England) sums up exactly how I felt and sounded (without the accent) when the siren went yesterday. Too much grief being a doggies supporter in perth over the last 11 years. Such very sweet release. Still completely pumped this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

Josh Kennedy, Mark lecras, Josh Hill, Phil Matera, Brett Heady, Dean Kemp, Ben Cousins, Dean Cox, my wife’s father-in-law and her uncle David, Trevor the d**khead supporter who lives up the street, the absolute knob sitting next to me at the 2006 final, actually the whole crowd at that game…..WE GAVE YOUR BOYS ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!

bornadog
09-09-2016, 05:32 PM
Substitute WOOF after each clap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mav2kkvakGY

bulldogtragic
09-09-2016, 05:42 PM
This is the thing we need to steal. Port got the song before the game and scarf wave. I'd love this. Why not this weekend?!

bornadog
09-09-2016, 05:50 PM
This is the thing we need to steal. Port got the song before the game and scarf wave. I'd love this. Why not this weekend?!

start at March to the G. We need the bloke from Level two at Etihad, he has a drum he brings to games.

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 05:51 PM
At the 20 minute mark of the last quarter, my wife said I think we have won it, I suddenly thought, they need at least 10 goals to catch us (we were up 51 points at that stage and Bont was having a second shot at goal), it dawned on me we are not going to be caught.

I still didn't think we were safe. Either didn't think or couldn't accept we were safe. I was sure we would have too many players on the field and would lose our score even though that rule was changed 4 or 5 years ago.

Or Marcus Bontompelli would internally combust and explode on the field. I dunno, something like that.

bornadog
09-09-2016, 05:53 PM

start at March to the G. We need the bloke from Level two at Etihad, he has a drum he brings to games.

This one is better and the scarves are RWB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZbMV6JvL6E

The bulldog tragician
09-09-2016, 06:27 PM
I still didn't think we were safe. Either didn't think or couldn't accept we were safe. I was sure we would have too many players on the field and would lose our score even though that rule was changed 4 or 5 years ago.

Or Marcus Bontompelli would internally combust and explode on the field. I dunno, something like that.

I once said, in a game against Melbourne I think: "They'd need to win it out of the middle and goal 3 times in two minutes to win."

They did.

The Bont spontaneous combustion scenario is a new one, but the "too many players on the field" or us breaching some highly technical rule 57.b sub section a about filling in the team sheet correctly, or an Act of God earthquake or power blackout that means the match has to be replayed...well, you get the drift. It's in our DNA to fret about the worst. But not for much longer.

comrade
09-09-2016, 07:38 PM
I once said, in a game against Melbourne I think: "They'd need to win it out of the middle and goal 3 times in two minutes to win."

They did.

The Bont spontaneous combustion scenario is a new one, but the "too many players on the field" or us breaching some highly technical rule 57.b sub section a about filling in the team sheet correctly, or an Act of God earthquake or power blackout that means the match has to be replayed...well, you get the drift. It's in our DNA to fret about the worst. But not for much longer.

Leicester City won. Cavaliers won. Cubs are red hot favourites to win the World Series.

Droughts can be broken.

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 07:43 PM
I always worry about power failures toward the end of games.

Bulldog4life
10-09-2016, 10:40 AM

Be great if we had the Hyde Street Band playing our song too

Twodogs
10-09-2016, 11:54 AM
There is no Hyde st band anymore. My daughter's grade six class at Hyde st. In 2013 had 6 kids. My son's graduating class 3 years earlier had over 200.

Since they took the Steiner stream away numbers fell off alarmingly. Thank good the economic rationalists have had their day or the school would have been knocked down and apartments built.

Ozza
10-09-2016, 11:47 PM
There is no Hyde st band anymore. My daughter's grade six class at Hyde st. In 2013 had 6 kids. My son's graduating class 3 years earlier had over 200.

Since they took the Steiner stream away numbers fell off alarmingly. Thank good the economic rationalists have had their day or the school would have been knocked down and apartments built.
The school is going great guns now. 80+ in each of Grade 1 and Prep - the current principal and vice principal have done an enormous job. By the time my kids finish there it will be 500+.

Twodogs
11-09-2016, 07:59 PM
The school is going great guns now. 80+ in each of Grade 1 and Prep - the current principal and vice principal have done an enormous job. By the time my kids finish there it will be 500+.

Cool. That's why they were limping on with so few students. They knew numbers would increase dramatically once word got round there was a perfectly good school with hardly any students in it. We were really lucky that she got to spend a couple of years at primary school with virtually her own teacher. It made ceremonies like graduation a bit of a strain but the rest was all good.

HOSE B ROMERO
11-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Leicester City won. Cavaliers won. Cubs are red hot favourites to win the World Series.

Droughts can be broken....Soooo, are you saying Trump can win???:confused:

strebla
12-09-2016, 06:06 PM

Droughts can be broken.
Replace Cubs for Indians and your on the money!!!!

Scraggers
12-09-2016, 07:42 PM
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply ... But what a night !!!

It started with a staff meeting at school (you have to attend when you're the boss); so I got changed into all my Bulldog gear before the meeting and conducted it with great aplomb (majority of staff are Eagles supporters; they weren't happy about the colours). After the meeting I had to get my wife to meet me in Subiaco with my son (EJ - 6 years old) so he could also attend as well ... seriously AFL, what were you thinking having a 6pm Thursday game??? On the way in I caught up with Adam Cooney who was over to do a couple of talks in private functions etc. I spoke to Adam for about ten minutes ... Great guy.

Lining up to get food, a 12(ish) year old gets right in the face of my son and yells 'Enjoy your last game of footy for the year loser' ... the 12 y.o.'s Dad was two steps behind him; dad gives him a high five and a huge belly laugh ... great parenting (Geez I wish I could have found them after the game).

Anyway ... My son turned to me at the end of the first quarter and said 'Daddy, we are going to win'. I told him to shut up and not curse the lead we had. He did the same at half time, and again at three quarter time ... every time I told him to stop cursing the game. At the 20 minute mark of the last quarter I turned to my son and said we are going to win ... he told me not to curse it.

At the end of the game I had tears in my eyes; not because of the fact that we had beaten the team I hate the most in the AFL and put them out of the finals (as great as that was), but because I realised at that moment it was the first time my 6 y.o. son had seen the Bulldogs win live (not on TV). I was so proud, looking at him screaming the lyrics out to Sons Of The West. It was just two weeks earlier he had tears in his eyes because the Dockers had beaten us.

The next day at work (Friday) was our School Sports Carnival ... surprisingly staff and parents were very reluctant to talk about footy. Needless to say, I was happy to fill the awkward silences with Sons Of The West blaring on the loud speaker on the oval.

I am still riding the wave of euphoria ... A great night indeed !!

hujsh
12-09-2016, 09:58 PM
Anyway ... My son turned to me at the end of the first quarter and said 'Daddy, we are going to win'. I told him to shut up and not curse the lead we had.

Hahaha that's the best

boydogs
12-09-2016, 10:41 PM
needless to say, i was happy to fill the awkward silences with sons of the west blaring on the loud speaker on the oval

Haha! :D

craigsahibee
15-09-2016, 01:06 PM

Droughts can be broken.

Don't write off the Tribe from Cleveland.

comrade
15-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Don't write off the Tribe from Cleveland.

I'm not a big baseball follower so they're no doubt a good chance, too. But Cubs are favourites right now, yah?

craigsahibee
16-09-2016, 07:59 PM
How could I forget Hibernian and the Scottish Cup. 114 years of pain and heartache swept away by one on target header in the 92nd minute.
GLORY GLORY TO THE HIBEES