PDA

View Full Version : Bright eyed and bushy tailed. At least for a couple of hours...

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 09:23 AM
Three hours sleep! :)

I remember mornings feeling like this when I was in my twenties. Not enough sleep, too many hours at work in prospect!

Happy though, almost delirious, and looking forward to walking through the doors at work wearing my bulldogs jumper. And Bulldogs scarf. And beanie. And cap. And...

bulldogtragic
09-09-2016, 09:29 AM
Same, couldn't sleep. Checked here to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Sedat
09-09-2016, 09:50 AM
1 hour of sleep for me - it was a glorious night of watching replays and reliving some of the highlights of the game in my head over and over again.

bornadog
09-09-2016, 09:53 AM
I fell asleep and had a very vivid dream of helping Tom Boyd win a swimming event. In the dream there were something like 50 of us and we had to swim with Tom and get him over the line.

Don't ask me what it means. :D

Couldn't be happier this morning.

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 09:57 AM
I fell asleep and had a very vivid dream of helping Tom Boyd win a swimming event. In the dream there were something like 50 of us and we had to swim with Tom and get him over the line.

That's deep. That's very deep.

LostDoggy
09-09-2016, 10:16 AM

Wet dream?

bornadog
09-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Wet dream?

Haha

Ozza
09-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Quite the celebration last night - eventually pulled the pin at 2am - but absolutely bounced out of bed this morning.
At the desk consuming all of the media I can, and listening to that peanut Greg Denham consuming some humble pie unwillingly.

1eyedog
09-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Trump you TD I've had all of an hour and a half sleep. I could stay awake all week.

bornadog
09-09-2016, 10:44 AM
Trump you TD I've had all of an hour and a half sleep. I could stay awake all week.

You are on leave so doesn't matter. Sleep on the plane home.

Cyberdoggie
09-09-2016, 11:00 AM
I was up all night with the newborn anyway so there was no way I was getting any sleep.
Little Ted was good enough to sleep through the game and wait until about midnight before he needed a feed the good man. He didn't even stir when we jumped out of the couch for a goal. Just the occasional hands reaching up in the air, perhaps he was celebrating too.

G-Mo77
09-09-2016, 11:13 AM
About 3 maybe 4 hours sleep if lucky. No work today but a toddler doesn't show any sympathy for a sleep deprived man. I can see myself falling asleep midway through the 2nd quarter tonight.

Ozza
09-09-2016, 11:32 AM

1eyedog - was it you that was saying you'd knocked off 2 grand seeing mates and seeing the footy in Perth?
After last night - could you think of a better 2K investment?? The party must have been grand.

BornInDroopSt'54
09-09-2016, 11:47 AM
Lubricated the historic win. Woke up to the AM radio. A rare pleasure waiting for the news. Sport: paralympic news, rugby union, only AFL was news of a possible Sydney Swans inclusion!!! Did I dream it?

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 12:07 PM
I was up all night with the newborn anyway so there was no way I was getting any sleep.
Little Ted was good enough to sleep through the game and wait until about midnight before he needed a feed the good man. He didn't even stir when we jumped out of the couch for a goal. Just the occasional hands reaching up in the air, perhaps he was celebrating too.

Watched Steve Waugh bat through a whole day in an Ashes test comforting Harvey when he was teething and fussing. Or gassy. He may have been gassy. Anyway I walked back and forth in a three step motion and dipped him at the end of each one for a whole session. It seemed to comfort him.

AndrewP6
09-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Stayed up, no work for me today. Tried to watch the Paralympic men's basketball, discovered channel 7s coverage is woefully inadequate, and live streamed sites are blocked here in Straya. Going to be barracking for the Bloods tonight.

LostDoggy
09-09-2016, 05:58 PM
3 hours sleep.Strutted into work like a majestic peacock.
Started at 6am on cloud nine, cooked by 10am.:p

chef
09-09-2016, 06:09 PM
I struggled through work (3 long blacks helped). Now crashed on the couch watching the replay.

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm about to have a Nanna nap and then watch tonight's game. Or last night's game again and keep the AFEL app open for the score.

1eyedog
09-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Man I'm coming down big time. The amount of people stopping me at the airport with my beanie and jacket on all wanting to congratulate me on our win was amazing. Everyone was saying go dogs and people stopping me for a chat...

We really impressed last night.

The bulldog tragician
09-09-2016, 06:18 PM
I feel hungover even though no alcohol was consumed.

And as tired as though it was me out there relentlessly smashing the Weagles in contested possessions.

These finals wins can really take it out of us fans!

bornadog
09-09-2016, 06:22 PM
I have done very little work today

strebla
09-09-2016, 06:26 PM
No work for Strebla but I did lose my phone in a very drunken state. Small price to pay still on cloud 9.

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Can't stop yawning now.

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 07:41 PM
Thank God It's Friday.

Sedat
09-09-2016, 08:07 PM
Still buzzing - looking forward to watching Hawthorn and Geelong belt the living suitcases out of each other tonight, and then two more matches tomorrow by which time we haven't even hit Sunday yet. Some Footscray action in the VFL on Sunday and then all the Monday review shows ;)

comrade
09-09-2016, 08:10 PM
Still buzzing - looking forward to watching Hawthorn and Geelong belt the living suitcases out of each other tonight, and then two more matches tomorrow by which time we haven't even hit Sunday yet. Some Footscray action in the VFL on Sunday and then all the Monday review shows ;)

You've just described my weekend :D

Bulldog4life
09-09-2016, 08:46 PM
Man I'm coming down big time. The amount of people stopping me at the airport with my beanie and jacket on all wanting to congratulate me on our win was amazing. Everyone was saying go dogs and people stopping me for a chat...

We really impressed last night.

You're a rockstar;)

AndrewP6
09-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Went down to the local shops today in my Dogs' hoodie to pick up the paper and revel in the great win.... Three strangers said "Go Dogs!" to me and had a chat about the game.

Twodogs
09-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Went down to the local shops today in my Dogs' hoodie to pick up the paper and revel in the great win.... Three strangers said "Go Dogs!" to me and had a chat about the game.

You should live in West Footscray. I could hear people yelling and screaming on the street after the siren. While that's not completely unusual it sounded like fairly happy screaming and yelling to me and there weren't any sirens after.

LostDoggy
10-09-2016, 03:07 AM
I was in Melbourne tonight going home to the train back to Geelong- lots of Geelong supporters I caught the train with think we'll beat the Dawks next week, and the Hawks filth were pretending to not be worried but the Cats supporters kept it up with "Nah the Doggies were fantastic last night, they'll beat you lot!" haha.

Oddly enough, a lot of Cats supporters seemed genuinely stoked we won.

LostDoggy
10-09-2016, 03:08 AM
You should live in West Footscray. I could hear people yelling and screaming on the street after the siren. While that's not completely unusual it sounded like fairly happy screaming and yelling to me and there weren't any sirens after.

Hahahahahahahaha

Twodogs
08-11-2016, 10:50 PM

Rereading this your dream takes on a lot of extra significance

Hahahahahahahaha

;)