PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson Must Be Suspended

bulldogtragic
10-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Shades of Yeates on Brereton they way he picked off Kennedy high when he wasn't expecting it. How JK was allowed back on is another question.

It deserves two weeks, even more if you look at his record. I don't care if he's banned for the preliminary final & grand final. And I super really don't care that their opponent in the preliminary final will be Hawthorn or the Western Bulldogs. But parents will be concerned about their kids being hit like that, and that is just plain unacceptable.

Two weeks minimum.

azabob
10-09-2016, 06:22 PM
The current system is flawed though. So he will get one week, down to none with good behaviour record.

Bulldog Joe
10-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Really was a lot worse than the one Jong got 2 weeks for.

Also had a big impact on the game as Kennedy was on fire prior to the incident. It was not anything but deliberate.

bulldogtragic
10-09-2016, 06:35 PM

Also had a big impact on the game as Kennedy was on fire prior to the incident. It was not anything but deliberate.

Ok, three weeks then. We must think of the helicopter parents first and foremost. But a minimum of one.

Flamethrower
10-09-2016, 06:41 PM
Intentional. High. High impact. Straight to the tribunal.

or

Intentional. High. Medium impact = 3 weeks (down to 2 with early plea).

The interesting thing will be whether the Swans will dare do a CT scan on Kennedy seeing as they sent him back on the field. There should be serious repercussions out of this.

bornadog
10-09-2016, 07:13 PM

Jong was three down to 2 ( JOKE, as it was pure accident not intentional at all)

Rocco Jones
10-09-2016, 07:40 PM
I haven't see the incident but can already say he will not be suspended.

Think Vince McMahon wanting a guy to win a title in WWE dodgy when thinking AFL/GWS.

comrade
10-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Waiting for the Montreal, I mean, West Sydney Screwjob.

Rocco Jones
10-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Waiting for the Montreal, I mean, West Sydney Screwjob.

I love an opportunity for a WWE analogy so here goes.

Bulldogs= Mankind
GWS= The Corporate Rock
AFL= Vince McMahon and The Corporation

bulldogtragic
10-09-2016, 07:56 PM
]
I love an opportunity for a WWE analogy so here goes.

Bulldogs= Mankind
GWS= The Corporate Rock
AFL= Vince McMahon and The Corporation

Time to do a bit of this then:

Sedat
10-09-2016, 08:24 PM
I haven't see the incident but can already say he will not be suspended.

Think Vince McMahon wanting a guy to win a title in WWE dodgy when thinking AFL/GWS.
Not even the AFL will be that blatant - they will split the difference and give him 1 week. Still gives him a chance to.play in the GF.

It is simply too obvious a suspendable offence for it to be swept under the carpet.

Twodogs
10-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Ok, three weeks then. We must think of the helicopter parents first and foremost. But a minimum of one.

Soccer mums is the technical term. A helicopter parent would never sanction sport for their progeny. They wouldn't be allowed out on the ground to supervise their kid from close enough for a start.

Jong was three down to 2 ( JOKE, as it was pure accident not intentional at all)

Don't forget the Extra Week for Bulldog Players rule.

Greystache
10-09-2016, 11:44 PM
You make me laugh sometimes BT. You talk about this incident like the AFEL is a legitimate sporting organisation.

GWS winning a premiership will be one of the great moments in sports entertainment. Vince and the commission will hold a mock press conference to explain why there was no charge to answer while announcing the grand final match up for 2 weeks time.

Suspend one of your wrestlers, sorry players, of the team you've spent 5 building heat for? You so funny!

comrade
10-09-2016, 11:46 PM
Need to get it trending on Twitter, BT. Tag all the footy journos. #SuspendStevie

bulldogtragic
10-09-2016, 11:51 PM
What about these nervous mum's stopping their kids from taking up this 'sport' or even AFEL X? We have to appease this market segment first and foremost...

bulldogtragic
10-09-2016, 11:53 PM
Need to get it trending on Twitter, BT. Tag all the footy journos. #SuspendStevie

I would bit there's a tsunami against it. Ling has already said at worst it's a fine... The handful good blokes outnumber the rest of the country.

Greystache
10-09-2016, 11:53 PM
What about these nervous mum's stopping their kids from taking up this 'sport' or even AFEL X? We have to appease this market segment first and foremost...

Are they from an expansion market that will affect the value of tv rights in the next 5 years?

No. Then *!*!*!*! them, they're worthless!

bulldogtragic
10-09-2016, 11:57 PM
Are they from an expansion market that will affect the value of tv rights in the next 5 years?

Yeah, I know, the splitters. They're just 'enabling' all these deserters that Phil Davis mentioned who left GWS for money, and not the ones that went there for money. I think Davis could well be the next AFEL CEO.

bulldogtragic
11-09-2016, 12:01 AM

They were pretty important when accidental head contact led to 4 week bans, while McKernan's 1980's elbow got him two weeks. I can't follow all these stupid changes, and vested interests manipulation. I'm still confused by Bonts kicking a ball away from his opponent along the ground in the running line the other night and being paid deliberate. All I really know is, if we ever win a premiership expect the AFEL to take full credit for it's truly world class equalisation which was the only reason we won it...

Twodogs
11-09-2016, 12:06 AM
You make me laugh sometimes BT. You talk about this incident like the AFEL is a legitimate sporting organisation.

GWS winning a premiership will be one of the great moments in sports entertainment. Vince and the commission will hold a mock press conference to explain why there was no charge to answer while announcing the grand final match up for 2 weeks time.

Suspend one of your wrestlers, sorry players, of the team you've spent 5 building heat for? You so funny!

The Press Conference will be to announce the transfer of the AFEL Grand Final to Spotless Stadium. With the naming of the MCG as a specific target by ISIS through the week the AFEL have reluctantly decided to move the Grand Final to spotless stadium. They contacted all the other more appropriate stadia but they were busy that day. The AFEL didn't want to have to do it but their hand was forced. By the terrorists. Allah Akba.

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 12:09 AM
Now I'm even happier he took the week.

whythelongface
17-09-2016, 12:27 AM

His on-field experience and leadership will be missed significantly.

Twodogs
17-09-2016, 12:34 AM

He may as well have appealed it. Simple maths. Get off or miss round one next year as well. They only have the one game left this season anyway.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2016, 06:52 PM
Where are my manners? I forgot to say thank you MRP.