PDA

View Full Version : Hawks + GWS = Grand Final

bornadog
10-09-2016, 07:05 PM
One of the best opportunities we have had for a long time. I am extremely confident.

Of course we need to win the first part of the equation, but it is doable, no doubt.

bulldogtragic
10-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Hawks @ MCG 7.5/10 Chance.
GWS @ ANZ 7.5/10 Chance.
Geelong @ MCG 7.5/10 Chance.

So good chances in all three, if we play to our talent level and if injuries don't cruel us. I'm prepared to believe in what we dished up Thursday.

1eyedog
10-09-2016, 07:50 PM
It's wide open. We have the best chance of winning a Premiership this year that I can remember. All this of course is built upon our devastating performance on Thursday night.

Talk about peaking at the right time!

ratsmac
10-09-2016, 08:04 PM
It's wide open. We have the best chance of winning a Premiership this year that I can remember. All this of course is built upon our devastating performance on Thursday night.

Talk about peaking at the right time!

Talk about a week (or 2 in our case) is a long time in football. We were limping to the line after the freo game and I would of been content if we were competitive against the Eagles. Now I can't see how we could possibly lose! :p

Twodogs
10-09-2016, 08:08 PM
That's a road we can take.

comrade
10-09-2016, 08:22 PM
If we can get through next week, I implore every Dogs fan if they can afford it and are able, to get to the prelim and make it like a home game atmosphere. Really unnerve those plastic ****s.

Webby
10-09-2016, 08:28 PM
If we can get through next week, I implore every Dogs fan if they can afford it and are able, to get to the prelim and make it like a home game atmosphere. Really unnerve those plastic ****s.

I'm in. We'll flood the place. Thing is, effing AFL will probably give away free tickets to Sydneysiders to drown is out and also cover the blushes.

Hot_Doggies
10-09-2016, 08:56 PM
Hawks @ MCG 7.5/10 Chance.
GWS @ ANZ 7.5/10 Chance.
Geelong @ MCG 7.5/10 Chance.

So good chances in all three, if we play to our talent level and if injuries don't cruel us. I'm prepared to believe in what we dished up Thursday.

Funny guy!

bulldogtragic
10-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Funny guy!

What do you mean, let me understand this? 'Cause I, maybe its me, maybe I'm a little *!*!*!*!ed up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to *!*!*!*!in' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

Twodogs
10-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Yeah. There will be heaps of tickets so we can turn that to our advantage.

We should mount Operation Bulldog and attempt to get as many of us up to Sydney as we can manage.

Eastdog
10-09-2016, 09:02 PM
We can do it

LostDoggy
10-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Before our game for the life of me I just couldn't find a way through. The Storm was just too dark...but it's like the Sun has just parted the clouds....is the Storm lifting? Last night I thought right now we have a better chance at the Hawks, we have never beaten them in a final but we finally could match up with them....then Smith marks it and I thought we were done....bang he misses and the path become clearer again.

The only way would be if somehow GWS upset the Swans...bang they do and now our path is there, there is a way.

I've always dreamed and believed the only way we would ever get to that last Saturday would be through an impossible route, completely unexpected and complete outsiders. An Elimination Final interstate, then a final against the reigning champs, then a Prelim in Sydney. We won't be favourites in any of them and that's just how I've dreamt it.

Dare 2 Dream Bulldogs.

Twodogs
10-09-2016, 10:06 PM
Before our game for the life of me I just couldn't find a way through. The Storm was just too dark...but it's like the Sun has just parted the clouds....is the Storm lifting? Last night I thought right now we have a better chance at the Hawks, we have never beaten them in a final but we finally could match up with them....then Smith marks it and I thought we were done....bang he misses and the path become clearer again.

The only way would be if somehow GWS upset the Swans...bang they do and now our path is there, there is a way.

I've always dreamed and believed the only way we would ever get to that last Saturday would be through an impossible route, completely unexpected and complete outsiders. An Elimination Final interstate, then a final against the reigning champs, then a Prelim in Sydney. We won't be favourites in any of them and that's just how I've dreamt it.

Dare 2 Dream Bulldogs.

The old saying is that it's always darkest just before the dawn. It did look pretty bleak immediately post Freo but inside a few days it's all turned around. Still lets just focus on the Hawks for now.

Mantis
10-09-2016, 10:40 PM
2 x 8 day breaks will help.

Thursday night v WCE
Friday night v Haw
Saturday twilight v GWS

LostDoggy
10-09-2016, 10:53 PM
The old saying is that it's always darkest just before the dawn. It did look pretty bleak immediately post Freo but inside a few days it's all turned around. Still lets just focus on the Hawks for now.

Definitely not getting ahead. We have never beaten the Hawks in a final and it will take an epic performance, they will not roll over and we will have to be unrelenting. Players coming back can be alright first up, but second up is harder. But I want another crack at them. They ended Bobs season lets end theirs.

Sedat
10-09-2016, 11:52 PM
So why on earth is the PF being played at Spotless? GWS/Dogs have 55k members combined and GWS/Hawks have 85k members combined, and yet the PF is scheduled to play at a stadium with only 24k capacity. Surely the 'greater good' precedent that was set in last year's EF between the Dogs and Crows should apply here.

Peter Gordon, please use your considerable media profile to make this issue a public embarrassment for the AFL.

1eyedog
10-09-2016, 11:52 PM

Yeah I'll be going.

hujsh
11-09-2016, 03:07 AM
https://www.change.org/p/afl-no-more-gws-concessions?recruiter=595632581&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default

Someone shared this on Facebook and I thought it looked like something WOOF would come up with. Sign it and share it.

Bulldog Revolution
11-09-2016, 08:01 AM
One step at a time - I will only consider Operation Beat Hawks

One week at a time Woofers

chef
11-09-2016, 09:09 AM
So why on earth is the PF being played at Spotless? GWS/Dogs have 55k members combined and GWS/Hawks have 85k members combined, and yet the PF is scheduled to play at a stadium with only 24k capacity. Surely the 'greater good' precedent that was set in last year's EF between the Dogs and Crows should apply here.

Peter Gordon, please use your considerable media profile to make this issue a public embarrassment for the AFL.

Geelong should get to play at Kardinia if the AFL Giants get to at Spotless. Only fair hey

azabob
11-09-2016, 09:22 AM
By that logic yesterday's game should have been at the SCG.

chef
11-09-2016, 09:26 AM
By that logic yesterday's game should have been at the SCG.

Yep. Sydney should be pissed too.

Go_Dogs
11-09-2016, 09:49 AM
The draw could not have opened up any better for us.

We're a huge chance.

Webby
11-09-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm concerned that they're playing the GWS prelim at Spotless Stadium... I reckon that we or Hawthorn will surely have a number of fans locked out.

The AFL baffles me at times.... They were so gung ho about our Adelaide final last year having to be at the G rather than Etihad (at the very whiff of a handful of Crows fans potentially being locked out), yet they're prepared to have thousands of Dogs or Hawks fans locked out of a prelim in Sydney.

Playing an AFL prelim in a stadium which holds 24,000 odd is just complete stupidity... Surely it'll be ANZ Stadium. Common sense MUST prevail!

1eyedog
11-09-2016, 11:28 AM
I'm concerned that they're playing the GWS prelim at Spotless Stadium... I reckon that we or Hawthorn will surely have a number of fans locked out.

The AFL baffles me at times.... They were so gung ho about our Adelaide final last year having to be at the G rather than Etihad (at the very whiff of a handful of Crows fans potentially being locked out), yet they're prepared to have thousands of Dogs or Hawks fans locked out of a prelim in Sydney.

Playing an AFL prelim in a stadium which holds 24,000 odd is just complete stupidity... Surely it'll be ANZ Stadium. Common sense MUST prevail!

I think so. My take is they need to say this at this early stage as part reward for GWS and also to be seen to be looking after their love child. Come Tuesday with no tickets available they'll be forced to revoke the offer citing a disgruntled fan base and massive hit to their bottom line.

If we beat the Hawks the pressure on the AFL to shift the game to ANZ will be immense from Gordo et al. and hopefully as the week progresses we can justify the shift through ticket sales.

Webby
11-09-2016, 11:34 AM
I think so. My take is they need to say this at this early stage as part reward for GWS and also to be seen to be looking after their love child. Come Tuesday with no tickets available they'll be forced to revoke the offer citing a disgruntled fan base and massive hit to their bottom line.

If we beat the Hawks the pressure on the AFL to shift the game to ANZ will be immense from Gordo et al. and hopefully as the week progresses we can justify the shift through ticket sales.

I just hope we don't have a situation where any lobbying by either the Dogs or Hawks is left too late due to neither club wanting to appear cocky or full of hubris prior to Friday's game.

Perhaps Gordo and the Hawks president could have a chat and make a joint statement or something? The AFL needs to be saved from themselves at times. If we're playing, I know I'll have a army of mates going up, whilst Hawthorn have 70,000 members, FFS!

hujsh
11-09-2016, 02:52 PM
In reality the Hawks will have much more ability to pressure the AFL than we do. Really hope they jump on board before our match.

1eyedog
11-09-2016, 02:59 PM
In reality the Hawks will have much more ability to pressure the AFL than we do. Really hope they jump on board before our match.

The AFEL won't even look at it until next week. The best way we can apply pressure is commit to game and buy up tickets in droves thereby giving Gordo some collateral.

Twodogs
11-09-2016, 03:10 PM

Mate. Don't try and make sense of the AFL commissions actions. It'll do your head in.

The AFEL won't even look at it until next week. The best way we can apply pressure is commit to game and buy up tickets in droves thereby giving Gordo some collateral.

Exactly. It's a perfect solution for the AFEL because for any of the potentially competing clubs to complain would look like skiting. Everyone has a week to get used to it while the pro-camp have a free week to push their case "special circumstance, GWS earned it, blah blah blah) when anyone calls them on it.

Geelong should be demanding their Prelim gets shifted to Kardinia Park. Effectively it's the only pro-active thing anyone could say to counter the Spotless nonsense this week.

Twodogs
11-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Jeff Kennett would be the man to get riled up about this. I don't have a lot of time for him but he is a stunningly effective aim and fire political storm starter.

merantau
11-09-2016, 03:14 PM
https://www.change.org/p/afl-no-more-gws-concessions?recruiter=595632581&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-reason_msg&fb_ref=Default

Someone shared this on Facebook and I thought it looked like something WOOF would come up with. Sign it and share it.

I signed and shared.

1eyedog
11-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Either way we knew our first Grand Final appearance would be the hard road where the odds are against us and we do all the heavy lifting. It's simply the Bulldog way and will make our second flag all the more sweeter.

Webby
11-09-2016, 03:27 PM

But that's the problem, we won't be able to start buying the tickets until Monday week - by which time the Commission will say it's too late to shift it!

The decision has to be made NOW! The pressure has to be applied NOW by Hawks & Dogs leadership. First thing tomorrow morning, talkback needs to be flooded by Hawks & Dogs fans, whilst our respective leadership/mouth pieces need to be onto the AFL first thing tomorrow.

Bulldog4life
11-09-2016, 03:29 PM
What do you mean, let me understand this? 'Cause I, maybe its me, maybe I'm a little *!*!*!*!ed up maybe. I'm funny how, I mean funny, like I'm a clown? I amuse you. I make you laugh? I'm here to *!*!*!*!in' amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

I have heard Stone Cold say the same things BT. ;)

1eyedog
11-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Agree Webby and I'll be calling KB tomorrow morning to vent my anger. Hopefully it's a that's my take Tuesday morning. Can someone link the petition on Big Footy in the Hawks and Bulldogs forums?

Sedat
11-09-2016, 05:47 PM
I don't care where we play GWS if we are good enough to beat the Hawks, and I'm sure the players and coaching staff couldn't give a toss either. However for supporters and members of the Dogs and Hawks, it is insulting to be scheduled to play at a ground with the capacity of a VFL suburban ground when there is a stadium about 200m away that can hold 80k. It's a prelim FFS, 2nd most important game of the season.

Twodogs
11-09-2016, 06:55 PM
They can't possibly hold out and actually play the game there though. It's to stupid for words.

Remi Moses
11-09-2016, 07:13 PM
I could see the WWE transferring the GF to Spotless, I seriously could

Bulldog Joe
11-09-2016, 07:16 PM

Common sense cannot prevail because it simply does not exist.

If it is common it will not be sense.
If it is sense it will not be common.

comrade
11-09-2016, 07:42 PM
I could see the WWE transferring the GF to Spotless, I seriously could

Can just see the press conference when the idea is mooted within a few years.

AFEL: our mandate is to grow the game, therefore we believe it is time to look forward and create new traditions for this great sporting organisation. The MCG, while an incredibly historic venue, does not have the eternal rights to the biggest sporting event on the calendar. The time is right to play the grand final...in western Sydney...and reward those fans who have stuck with their team during those first 100 or so games.

Twodogs
11-09-2016, 07:50 PM
I have already pointed out that ISIS have said they are looking for lone wolf terrorist attacks on the MCG or the SCG. How easy would it be to claim Subi, Adelaide Oval, ANZ stadium-pretty much everywhere except Spotloss stadium was subject to the same threat?

They have to play the Grand Final at GWS's home ground for our safety! They are only thinking of us!

LostDoggy
11-09-2016, 11:47 PM
I will not be watching the GF if the Giants make it. First one I'll have missed but there is no way I'm going to witness that disgracefully blessed franchise on the biggest stage

Twodogs
11-09-2016, 11:56 PM
I will not be watching the GF if the Giants make it. First one I'll have missed but there is no way I'm going to witness that disgracefully blessed franchise on the biggest stage

I couldn't bring myself to watch the '97 GF. I think that's the only game I have not watched because I was so cut up that it made me feel sick just thinking about football. I think we just drove the car until we found a place that had no telly. I was in a no-win situation anyway, I really, really hate North and there was no way I was going to hope for an Adelaide win. I heard a news bulletin on the radio with the scores from halfway through the second quarter and North were in control but that's all I know. Didn't know the result until Monday morning, I have never seen the game since. All I remember from that game is Adelaide won.

I have missed the occasional bulldog game out of annoyance thinking that if the players don't care or refuse to take the game seriously then I am not going to waste my time either and I will just wait until someone makes an effort or appears to look like they care.

comrade
12-09-2016, 12:07 AM
I couldn't bring myself to watch the '97 GF. I think that's the only game I have not watched because I was so cut up that it made me feel sick just thinking about football. I think we just drove the car until we found a place that had no telly. I was in a no-win situation anyway, I really, really hate North and there was no way I was going to hope for an Adelaide win. I heard a news bulletin on the radio with the scores from halfway through the second quarter and North were in control but that's all I know. Didn't know the result until Monday morning, I have never seen the game since. All I remember from that game is Adelaide won.

I have missed the occasional bulldog game out of annoyance thinking that if the players don't care or refuse to take the game seriously then I am not going to waste my time either and I will just wait until someone makes an effort or appears to look like they care.

You're thinking of 98. Saints played in 97.

Twodogs
12-09-2016, 12:09 AM
You're thinking of 98. Saints played in 97.

That's how well I remember it.

SonofScray
12-09-2016, 12:12 AM
On our day we can beat anyone, anywhere. We need 3 more days. At 2 more days we can say The Day is Getting Closer. Then the Dogs rise up in the West.

aker39
12-09-2016, 07:52 AM
I had tickets to the 97 grand final and gave them away. I couldn't bring myself to go after the prelim.

westdog54
12-09-2016, 06:37 PM
I couldn't bring myself watch the '09 grand final.

Which is really a shame for me as it was a cracking game of football.

comrade
12-09-2016, 07:17 PM

I watched it hoping the Saints would get their hearts broken. I wasn't disappointed.

Twodogs
12-09-2016, 08:47 PM
I watched it hoping the Saints would get their hearts broken. I wasn't disappointed.

Me too. Enjoyed it. LOLd a lot when Scarlett toe poked the ball past Milne(?) who had his hands out expecting the ball but was left grasping at handfuls of nothing.

Sedat
12-09-2016, 09:23 PM
I went to that GF - reckon I celebrated harder than all the Cats fans sitting nearby me.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2016, 09:37 PM
I went to that GF - reckon I celebrated harder than all the Cats fans sitting nearby me.

I also went. I spent my time making key observations to the Saints supporters about Raph Clarke being shit (early shocking HTB), one of Hawkins goals which clearly hit the post & the toe poke of course. But I needed to rehydrate after the game from being completely surrounded by all the salty Saints tears all around me. It was bitter sweet though, we should've been there and it was Geelong. But the best scenario on the day for sure.

boydogs
12-09-2016, 10:22 PM

I'll message you if they're getting pumped at half time so you can grab the popcorn and turn it back on :D

bulldogtragic
12-09-2016, 10:29 PM
I would like a Phil Davis designated deserter, in Tom Boyd or alternatively Jono O'Rourke play a huge game to beat GWS next week. Would be something perfect about it.

comrade
12-09-2016, 10:46 PM
I would like a Phil Davis designated deserter, in Tom Boyd or alternatively Jono O'Rourke play a huge game to beat GWS next week. Would be something perfect about it.

Obviously it's only players that leave GWS that deserve a clip. Had a crack at him on Twitter and he responded, back tracked a little saying he was just giving credit to those that stuck around for the 'hard times'.

Yep, must have been a gruelling 5 years.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2016, 10:50 PM
Obviously it's only players that leave GWS that deserve a clip. Had a crack at him on Twitter and he responded, back tracked a little saying he was just giving credit to those that stuck around for the 'hard times'.

Poor bloke, every time he logs into online banking and sees millions in the bank whilst sipping a latte on the his deck of his mansion, he must think about how hard his times are...

Twodogs
12-09-2016, 11:13 PM
I also went. I spent my time making key observations to the Saints supporters about Raph Clarke being shit (early shocking HTB), one of Hawkins goals which clearly hit the post & the toe poke of course. But I needed to rehydrate after the game from the salty Saints tears I was swimming in. It was bitter sweet though, we should've been there and it was Geelong. But the best scenario on the day for sure.

Aint no Saint Worth the Sweet Salt of Your Tears

He means the movie with Charkes Bronson right?

Daughter of the West
16-09-2016, 05:08 PM

I ignored it and painted a house instead. Might have turned on the radio in the last quarter if memory serves but that's about it.

Danny the snakeman
17-09-2016, 03:21 AM
Not any more we're going to knock them both out.:p:o

Throughandthrough
17-09-2016, 09:47 AM
I was living in Horsham in 1997. Being new to the town, and from South Australia, people assumed I was a crows fan.

On the grand final day, I waited until the exact start time and mowed my lawn. Didnt and couldn't watch a minute of the match.

bornadog
17-09-2016, 09:54 AM
Now for GWS - I said if we beat the Hawks we will make the GF. Here we come.

Throughandthrough
17-09-2016, 10:27 AM
i'm very very confident of us beating GWS

josie
17-09-2016, 10:35 AM
My only fear is in years gone by when we have been favourites we have concocted a way to lose. Then again this wonderful young team and Bevo do not have the scars we long suffering supporters have. Dare to dream, Go Dogs!!

T&T and BAD, If we do best the plastics - whom would you prefer to meet, and whom would you think we match up best against?

Throughandthrough
17-09-2016, 11:17 AM
My only fear is in years gone by when we have been favourites we have concocted a way to lose. Then again this wonderful young team and Bevo do not have the scars we long suffering supporters have. Dare to dream, Go Dogs!!

T&T and BAD, If we do best the plastics - whom would you prefer to meet, and whom would you think we match up best against?

Not Geelong. I think our best match up is Sydney.

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Not Geelong. I think our best match up is Sydney.

I think we can do them both. Before Libba & Macrae went down at Kardinia Park we were in it to our eyeballs. Close down Danger & Selwood and they're easily gettable. Neither of them scare me if we keep playing like this.

Bulldog4life
17-09-2016, 01:10 PM
I think we can do them both. Before Libba & Macrae went down at Kardinia Park we were in it to our eyeballs. Close down Danger & Selwood and they're easily gettable. Neither of them scare me if we keep playing like this.

Agree. We fear no one. This is our year.

westdog54
17-09-2016, 06:56 PM

With Morris, Suckling and Matt Boyd in place of Adcock, Roberts and Stevens in the lineup.

If anything, Hawthorn, who Geelong should have realistically beaten fairly easy on paper, got within an errant set shot of toppling them.

We are good enough to beat anyone put in front of us.

Our destiny is in our own hands.

If anything GWS at Spotless is our biggest test.

We overcome that the only thing standing in our way is ourselves.

bornadog
17-09-2016, 06:58 PM

Don't care we are going all the way.

LostDoggy
18-09-2016, 12:34 PM

Dare 2 Dream Bulldogs.

The Dream is Clear. Gws-$1.55, Dogs-$2.65
The Dream is

LostDoggy
18-09-2016, 01:17 PM

Have no fear Josie, we haven't been and won't be favourites in any game. Don't be scared (my dear old dad who never misses a game and who I desperately want us to win for has all the scars you and so many have) you can see the excitement in him but a reluctance as well, after 09-10 I think he resigned himself that he will never witness it but still gets there every week. I've been telling him this time it is different, there is something different about this team.

In years past the Finals were predictable, you had to be top 4, it is designed that way, the gap from 1st to 8th to big, we have tried the traditional way it didn't happen. We were a mighty side in 09 and it didn't happen. He says How can we get there if we didn't then?

Because This time around is like no other before it. The gap between sides is nothing, anyone can win it. So far it hasn't gone to plan for the AFL the top sides are losing, bottom 4 sides are winning interstate. Reigning champs are going out in straight sets, it is tailor made for us. We are breaking records every week, we are defying the odds and the so called experts, we are defying the AFL. Now we have been given the opportunity to deny the AFL their dream for GWS, it is perfect.

Karma is about to come full throttle and we are the rightful deliverers off it. That's why I believe it will be Sydney that we knock off in that last Saturday...we couldn't of scripted it any better.

Dare 2 Dream.

Dancin' Douggy
18-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Teams of yore would never have one the first final in Perth.
Teams of yore would never have one the second against the Hawks.

This team can beat GWS. We almost beat the Cats last time till we lost Libber and Macrae. Cats survived the Hawks by one bad kick.

We can go all the way.

History is changing, these young heroes are smashing history to pieces.

Bulldog Joe
18-09-2016, 02:01 PM
With Morris, Suckling and Matt Boyd in place of Adcock, Roberts and Stevens in the lineup.

If anything, Hawthorn, who Geelong should have realistically beaten fairly easy on paper, got within an errant set shot of toppling them.

We are good enough to beat anyone put in front of us.

Our destiny is in our own hands.

If anything GWS at Spotless is our biggest test.

We overcome that the only thing standing in our way is ourselves.

Totally agree.

GWS and us have the depth of talent. The only thing that can stop this weeks winner is themselves.

We need to be at our best against GWS and it requires 22 players playing their part.

Dancin' Douggy
18-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Totally agree.

GWS and us have the depth of talent. The only thing that can stop this weeks winner is themselves.

We need to be at our best against GWS and it requires 22 players playing their part.

Yes I KNEW there were some other BIG outs against the cats last time.

LostDoggy
18-09-2016, 03:13 PM
God I want to absolutely destroy GWS.

bornadog
18-09-2016, 11:57 PM
God I want to absolutely destroy GWS.

and make Griphon cry. :D

Ozza
19-09-2016, 12:19 AM
Of the 17 other clubs in the league, we have beaten 15 of them this year now.

The only 2 left to tick off our list are GWS and Geelong.

Would be an amazing statement to beat them both, win our second flag having beaten EVERYBODY!

That's what they call 'undisputed champions'.

#whynotus

Throughandthrough
19-09-2016, 12:50 AM
Might well be my lucky year. I was at this u18's Grand Final today, with Glenelg. Dont think i've seen a finish like this, ever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2oZ9vm06uw

merantau
19-09-2016, 06:36 AM
Might well be my lucky year. I was at this u18's Grand Final today, with Glenelg. Dont think i've seen a finish like this, ever...

That was freakish. Never could imagine a finish like that.

comrade
19-09-2016, 07:04 AM

Now I'm having nightmares about this Saturday.

craigsahibee
19-09-2016, 11:29 AM

Nice little nudge on the defender trying to spoil the footy. Put's him off balance enough that he misses the ball completely. Would take a brave umpire to pay a free kick for interference. Not sure whether it was in 5 metres.

Twodogs
20-09-2016, 03:02 AM

That looks a lot like the descriptions of Harry Hickey's point after the siren against Carlton in the last round of 1948(?) that got us into the finals. Hickey had a set shot after the siren with Carlton a point in front but a draw was enough to get us into the finals His kick was from a long way out and it bounced and hit a Carlton player too before going through for a point.