PDA

View Full Version : The profound impact Thursday night has had on our club

westdog54
12-09-2016, 09:31 PM
I've spoken to five different Dogs supporters who were, quite literally moved to tears after Thursday night's match.

We are a massive media love child at the moment.

All of my friends want to stop me and talk to me about the game.

I've worn a dogs vest or jacket a couple of times and I'm getting knowing smiles from complete strangers.

And we're probably going to have a lathe chunk of the footy world cheering us on as long as we stay alive this season.

All because of four stunning quarters of football.

AndrewP6
12-09-2016, 10:05 PM
About 20 people at work stopped me to talk about the Dogs, with a number saying they hoped they win on Friday. I have a bit of a tradition to wear something in Dogs' colours (scarf, cap etc) the Monday after a win. I enjoyed today a lot.

The Pie Man
12-09-2016, 11:59 PM
Part of being spewing that we had to travel to Perth for our first final was that it was likely going to rob the younger guys more valuable fullish in finals MCG experience.

Winning on Thursday fixes that, so short of a 12 goal loss, it feels win win to me - but there is more to it...given the manner of our win, it does feel like an opportunity might be here & now. Didn't feel that at all through the year

bornadog
13-09-2016, 12:14 AM
On Thursday during the game, I was getting text messages from people that never talk footy to me.

Twodogs
13-09-2016, 12:24 AM
I've spoken to five different Dogs supporters who were, quite literally moved to tears after Thursday night's match.

We are a massive media love child at the moment.

All of my friends want to stop me and talk to me about the game.

I've worn a dogs vest or jacket a couple of times and I'm getting knowing smiles from complete strangers.

And we're probably going to have a lathe chunk of the footy world cheering us on as long as we stay alive this season.

All because of four stunning quarters of football.

I'm saving the waterworks for the premiership. And lots of people want to talk footy. I said to someone last week that our bandwagon was full and everyone that was writing us off wasn't welcome on it if we won on Thursday night. But I've changed my mind. All aboard I say.

SonofScray
13-09-2016, 12:53 AM
I'm saving the waterworks for the premiership. And lots of people want to talk footy. I said to someone last week that our bandwagon was full and everyone that was writing us off wasn't welcome on it if we won on Thursday night. But I've changed my mind. All aboard I say.

I was very reserved after Thursday. Been on an even keel, maybe subdued vibe all year waiting for when it matters. I've maintained that the Flag Will Wag and am only now starting to get that sick in the guts feeling. Mostly because it is looking more and more possible with each contest.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrYt8MbVMAA4b6Z.jpg

Twodogs
13-09-2016, 01:32 AM
I was very reserved after Thursday. Been on an even keel, maybe subdued vibe all year waiting for when it matters. I've maintained that the Flag Will Wag and am only now starting to get that sick in the guts feeling. Mostly because it is looking more and more possible with each contest.

I'm a bit sanguine about it all. I'm excited but in "there's a job to be done" way rather than "if everything goes right" way. We'll really celebrate when we've won three more games. There's a job to be done first.

ratsmac
13-09-2016, 08:47 AM
I'm a bit sanguine about it all. I'm excited but in "there's a job to be done" way rather than "if everything goes right" way. We'll really celebrate when we've won three more games. There's a job to be done first.

Yep, I with you Twodogs. Enjoyed and pumped about the win on Thursday but knowing that it's just the first step up a steep mountain. I feel our luck has turned in a good way and it's all starting to fall into place.

Ozza
13-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Like others, my phone was going off on Thursday night with messages from all sorts of people (work, family, friends that don't even follow footy that much).

I wore my dogs scarf at the Hawks v Geelong game Friday night, and had quite a few Geelong supporters give me a nod or a positive comment about our win. None from Hawks fans though, obviously.....because they are all pr1cks.

BornInDroopSt'54
13-09-2016, 12:41 PM
I could well be a blithering mess on Friday and that's just entering the MCG before the game. Twodogs will you hold my hand please?

Eastdog
13-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Yep same here got a few texts from my uncles who aren't Dogs supporters congratulating us and hoping we can win next Friday night. Was in the supermarket on Sunday down in Wantirna wearing my Doggies hoodie and one of the workers was a Dogs fan and we had a brief chat about the upcoming game and our great win last Thursday. The owner at my local fish and chip shop praised us on our win as well.

Bulldog4life
13-09-2016, 03:41 PM
Yep same here got a few texts from my uncles who aren't Dogs supporters congratulating us and hoping we can win next Friday night. Was in the supermarket on Sunday down in Wantirna wearing my Doggies hoodie and one of the workers was a Dogs fan and we had a brief chat about the upcoming game and our great win last Thursday. The owner at my local fish and chip shop praised us on our win as well.

I feel I know him Easty

Twodogs
13-09-2016, 03:48 PM
I could well be a blithering mess on Friday and that's just entering the MCG before the game. Twodogs will you hold my hand please?

You have to hold it together. There's the march to the g first. Remember we are Footscray tough!

Eastdog
13-09-2016, 04:02 PM
I feel I know him Easty

He is a Blues supporter but we usually depending how busy the shop is have a chat about the Bulldogs.

westdog54
28-09-2016, 07:26 AM
Make that twelve stunning quarters of football.

EVERYONE I speak to is barracking for the Dogs.

Even Swans supporters are telling me they wouldn't mind losing this one because the Dogs have waited so long, and they can sympathise with that.

ITs a good time to be us.