PDA

View Full Version : I hate Hawthorn.

HOSE B ROMERO
15-09-2016, 08:14 PM
I hate Hawthorn. There i've said it. I was going to build up to it but no, i just want to put it out there straight up.

It probably goes back to that 93 point drubbing back in the '85 qualifying final. It may have existed through their success in the '70's. And it definitely wasn't helped when 2 weeks later they knocked us off by 10 points in the Prelim. Still my most upsetting football experience. And it was at Waverley.

Their Jumper - hate it
Dermot - hated him
Jeff Kennett - ditto
Scotch College - prats
Dipper - thug
The suburb - always avoid it
Paul Hudson - the blonde tips was the problem (ok loved him at the dogs)

But most of all it's their bl***y SMUGNESS!!!!!! I'm sure if you opened your Oxford dictionary at 'smug' it would say 'Hawthorn football club naturally'.

So Hawthorn pride themselves on playing 'unsociable football'? Well I hope their supporters are ready for some 'unsociable Bulldog barracking'. ;)

comrade
15-09-2016, 08:21 PM
I hate Hawthorn 3peat bumper stickers on every 2nd bloody car.

Where were these muppets when their club almost folded in the mid 90s?

jeemak
15-09-2016, 08:39 PM

The same place they'll be in a few years once they start to slide.

You never hear the level of bleating and whinging that you get treated to at a Hawthorn game anywhere else. It's even noticeable on TV.

It's not the usual parochial bleating and whinging, it's the bleating and whinging that can only come from a privileged and entitled collective. They don't believe or feel they should get a free kick, in their minds they're entitled to a free kick or entitled to have the favour of the call.

They talk to people as if they understand the game on a higher level than anybody else. Success has made things worse, but ultimately they do this because in their minds they're entitled to.

In their minds they're entitled to success, which is why they almost fold when they don't experience it.

anfo27
15-09-2016, 08:43 PM
How was the annoying smug pr***k on news! He was asked about the game and he said "GWS would be tough to beat", then the reporter said 'what about the dogs this week?', "we've got them covered". They just have this arrogance about them that just makes me want to smash their faces in.

Cant wait to knock these arrogant flogs out.

azabob
15-09-2016, 08:44 PM
I hate the term Fourthorn. They can f**korn off.

Remi Moses
They should put up a hubris alert every time someone involved with Hawthorn speaks .

jeemak
Who was that?

Eastdog
15-09-2016, 08:59 PM

Me too. So arrogant that mob. I see a lot of those stickers around in the eastern suburbs. They have had it too good for far too long. I proudly have my Doggies sticker on the back on my car when I drive around. So refreshing when I see a Bulldogs supporter or find out someone is a Bulldog supporter and have a chat about our club.

Remi Moses
15-09-2016, 09:17 PM
The same place they'll be in a few years once they start to slide.

You never hear the level of bleating and whinging that you get treated to at a Hawthorn game anywhere else. It's even noticeable on TV.

It's not the usual parochial bleating and whinging, it's the bleating and whinging that can only come from a privileged and entitled collective. They don't believe or feel they should get a free kick, in their minds they're entitled to a free kick or entitled to have the favour of the call.

They talk to people as if they understand the game on a higher level than anybody else. Success has made things worse, but ultimately they do this because in their minds they're entitled to.

In their minds they're entitled to success, which is why they almost fold when they don't experience it.

Perfect example on Fox league teams
Brereton and Dixon

Remi Moses
15-09-2016, 09:18 PM
How was the annoying smug pr***k on news! He was asked about the game and he said "GWS would be tough to beat", then the reporter said 'what about the dogs this week?', "we've got them covered". They just have this arrogance about them that just makes me want to smash their faces in.

Cant wait to knock these arrogant flogs out.

Touch of the New York Yankees about them Anfo

Twodogs
15-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Who was that?

Quarterbrain I bet.

Remi Moses
15-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Who was that?

All of them

Dancin' Douggy
15-09-2016, 10:06 PM
I hate Hawthorn so much I can't even go to the game.

Twodogs
15-09-2016, 10:22 PM
I hate Hawthorn so much I can't even go to the game.

Serious? I'm not going for a personal reason. But I am hating the prospect of missing knocking the smugness out of them live.

HOSE B ROMERO
15-09-2016, 10:29 PM

Those stickers, arrrrrrgggggghhhhh... how could i forget them.

If i see another one at the traffic lights i think i may just have to reach for the sledge hammer from the back of the ute and rip their bumper off. :mad:

Dancin' Douggy
15-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Serious? I'm not going for a personal reason. But I am hating the prospect of missing knocking the smugness out of them live.

Semi serious.

merantau
16-09-2016, 12:06 AM
The only Hawthorn supporters I respect are those over about 75 years of age.

bornadog
16-09-2016, 12:24 AM
I have mentioned this before, one of my mates who meet up with every week is a Hawks supporter. He has told me a few times that as soon as they slide, he wont be buying reserved seating and not even a membership. I said what about at least supporting them financially, he said, nah they have got plenty of money. He also made some remarks half way during the season he wasn't enjoying the games any more - been there done that, plenty of premierships etc. :eek:

This is typical of their so called supporters.

He is away this week, and even though he is one of my good mates, I am glad because he would have wanted to come with me to the game. I hate going to games with opposition supporters.

merantau
16-09-2016, 12:38 AM
I have mentioned this before, one of my mates who meet up with every week is a Hawks supporter. He has told me a few times that as soon as they slide, he wont be buying reserved seating and not even a membership. I said what about at least supporting them financially, he said, nah they have got plenty of money. He also made some remarks half way during the season he wasn't enjoying the games any more - been there done that, plenty of premierships etc. :eek:

This is typical of their so called supporters.

He is away this week, and even though he is one of my good mates, I am glad because he would have wanted to come with me to the game. I hate going to games with opposition supporters.
Me too. Only like to be around our own kind.

kruder
16-09-2016, 01:21 AM
I hate Geelong a lot more. I think they have gone a little under the radar in the AFL hatred stakes which surprises me.

merantau
16-09-2016, 06:07 AM
I hate Geelong a lot more. I think they have gone a little under the radar in the AFL hatred stakes which surprises me.

Agree. Hard to split Geelong, Adelaide, West Coke, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and St Kilda on my hatability meter.

craigsahibee
16-09-2016, 08:32 AM
I was going to list the teams I hate but it would be quicker to list the teams I love.

Us.

But I agree with the anti Hawthorn sentiment. I feel like strangling each one of them that I see with their "Member since 2012" scarves.

1eyedog
16-09-2016, 08:48 AM

Geelong are at the top of mine by a fair margin. Too many years spent at KP over my time down there listening to Ablett Snr / Jnr fawnings from kid bashing Grannies. I've said it a million times. The best thing about Geelong is the ring road.

If we make the Granny and get Geelong, beating them would set the axis of the Earth back on its correct alignment.

Rocket Science
16-09-2016, 09:24 AM
Agree. Hard to split Geelong, Adelaide, West Coke, Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and St Kilda on my hatability meter.

Needs more Richmond, Melbourne and North.

comrade
16-09-2016, 09:34 AM
I was going to list the teams I hate but it would be quicker to list the teams I love.

Us.

But I agree with the anti Hawthorn sentiment. I feel like strangling each one of them that I see with their "Member since 2012" scarves.

Yep, I feel for the ones who jumped on in 2008. They had to wait 4 long years between premierships.

kruder
16-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Richmond should be loved not hated. They provide joy and comedey for all and warm my heart constantly.The latest coup was absolute gold, we want to overthrow the board and come in and basically do exactly the same as the incumbent!

bornadog
16-09-2016, 11:12 AM
Richmond should be loved not hated. They provide joy and comedey for all and warm my heart constantly.The latest coup was absolute gold, we want to overthrow the board and come in and basically do exactly the same as the incumbent!

The perfect Christmas present

https://doxz7msmg7sxx.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/21/image/992x558/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/r/3/r395ys_1.jpeg

Sedat
16-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Yep, I feel for the ones who jumped on in 2008. They had to wait 4 long years between premierships.
Titus O'Rielly posted a very funny tweet just before the GF last year, showing a picture of a new born baby with the caption "feel for all those Hawthorn fans who haven't seen a premiership in their lifetime"

Eastdog
16-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Those stickers, arrrrrrgggggghhhhh... how could i forget them.

If i see another one at the traffic lights i think i may just have to reach for the sledge hammer from the back of the ute and rip their bumper off. :mad:

Saw another one of those stickers today. Sick of seeing them around.

Jam Donuts
16-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Tonight is definitely the night to mute the TV and bring the radio, cause if I hear Bruce Wankervaney spew forth his drivel about Cyril, I will kick the crap out of my new TV and sit on the couch and cry a lot.

ReLoad
16-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Two words sum up my hatred of Hawthorn;

Ex wife.

Bulldog4life
16-09-2016, 02:48 PM
Heard this the other day. If someone was born in the late 60's, say the are now aged late 40's, and if they had followed the Hawks from a teenager to now they would have had experienced 13 premierships by now. As Huddo would say THIRTEEN!

Jam Donuts
16-09-2016, 04:05 PM
What hurts me is I saw the first and second win for the Hawks live, and I am a bulldog supporter, I have also seen another 5 live as well, I am truly over it, it is our time now!!!

HOSE B ROMERO
16-09-2016, 04:14 PM
Needs more Richmond, Melbourne and North.

Hate the yellow and black. Just not as much as the yellow and brown (at the moment). Long memory.

HOSE B ROMERO
16-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Two words sum up my hatred of Hawthorn;

Ex wife.

Owww. That would magnify the hurt.

Funke disco
16-09-2016, 06:11 PM
The father in law is down from rural victoria for the game. MCC member, Hawthorn fan and when he asked me who i think will win the game and answered Bulldogs, he rolled his eyes :mad:

LostDoggy
16-09-2016, 06:28 PM
The father in law is down from rural victoria for the game. MCC member, Hawthorn fan and when he asked me who i think will win the game and answered Bulldogs, he rolled his eyes :mad:

It's your house FD,
STUFF HIM!!!!!

LostDoggy
16-09-2016, 06:36 PM

Same respect as what the Eagles had for us, none. Stay calm, their Empire is about to fall.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-09-2016, 01:36 AM
I still hate them.

hujsh
17-09-2016, 01:56 AM
I still hate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkAAvDkj9k

Doc26
17-09-2016, 02:50 AM
I still hate them.

My hatred of them has now been lifted to "we own them".
What a great night.

jeemak
17-09-2016, 02:58 AM
They'll never admit it, just as much as Clarko couldn't admit it. Apparently the measurement of tackling isn't wrong, and we should have been pinged 20 times for infringements in throwing it or holding it.

Clarkson should have admitted we are the best hands team in the competition and that's the reason why we can be tackled and get away with it. WE ARE ELITE in that area.

It's out biggest strength.

Twodogs
17-09-2016, 03:25 AM
They'll never admit it, just as much as Clarko couldn't admit it. Apparently the measurement of tackling isn't wrong, and we should have been pinged 20 times for infringements in throwing it or holding it.

Clarkson should have admitted we are the best hands team in the competition and that's the reason why we can be tackled and get away with it. WE ARE ELITE in that area.

It's out biggest strength.

I'm surprised he was so tetchy because he was in our rooms soaking Bevos hand after the game.

jeemak
17-09-2016, 03:31 AM
I'm surprised he was so tetchy because he was in our rooms soaking Bevos hand after the game.

Clarko is your classic Psychopath. Read up on them and you'll get what I mean.

As a player he was small, smacked folks in open play to get a point across. Matured, became more narcissistic and ended up coaching really well.

Like every psychopath he's indulging in hubris and or hedonism as his power diminishes. As a result after significant success he's signed on way too many older players who have already spent their worth - but this time it's different because he's a psychopath - but he won't see it how it is because he is a psychopath.

Remi Moses
17-09-2016, 04:46 AM
The hit on Ian Aitken was one of the most cowardly acts I've seen, and basically ended his career .
Basically stemmed from Elliott having a go at Norf being poor and needing to win the prize money in a London exhibition game .
Clarkson was an average footballer at best

Danny the snakeman
17-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Speaking of hawthorn, anyone found Cyril yet? last seen heading into the change rooms at half time. #overated

comrade
17-09-2016, 01:42 PM
We just stopped an onslaught of Fourthorn bumper stickers.

World, you're welcome.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-09-2016, 02:47 PM
The hit on Ian Aitken was one of the most cowardly acts I've seen, and basically ended his career .
Basically stemmed from Elliott having a go at Norf being poor and needing to win the prize money in a London exhibition game .
Clarkson was an average footballer at best
True. And Ian Aitken is still very, very upset by it.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-09-2016, 02:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFkAAvDkj9k

Wow, That guy is like the little voice in my head which led to this thread. Thanks hujsh!

Throughandthrough
17-09-2016, 03:16 PM
AT the risk of getting howled at. I really rate Hawthorn. Some of my very best mates are life long supporters, and I can vividly remember the Hawks/Essendon rivalries from the 80's. They have produced some brilliant footballers and played some brilliant footy. While the last few years has been very unsociable footy, they fully deserved the arrogance that has come from their amazing run at the top.

Twodogs
17-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Speaking of hawthorn, anyone found Cyril yet? last seen heading into the change rooms at half time. #overated

Cyril was 150 metres away from the ball and Bruce was talking about him. Not what he was doing but what he'd done some time before and how he didn't think there was any such thing as an unrealistic attempt at the ball when it came to Cyril. That's when I hit the mute button and watched the rest of the game in silence.

The only thing I missed were the umpires ridiculous explanations .

True. And Ian Aitken is still very, very upset by it.

comrade
17-09-2016, 03:39 PM
AT the risk of getting howled at. I really rate Hawthorn. Some of my very best mates are life long supporters, and I can vividly remember the Hawks/Essendon rivalries from the 80's. They have produced some brilliant footballers and played some brilliant footy. While the last few years has been very unsociable footy, they fully deserved the arrogance that has come from their amazing run at the top.

The team, yeah.

The supporters, who for 40 years have experienced nothing but success and believe they know more about football because they were lucky enough to choose the Hawks when they were kids, not so much.

Sedat
17-09-2016, 05:10 PM
My respect for them as a footy club is enormous. However, I don't rate their supporters - how can you win 5 flags in 8 years and then almost go out of business barely 5 years later? Their supporters are all over you when the champagne is flowing but go missing when there is even a short period is no success. Having lived near Hawthorn from 2001 to 2014, I can tell you the number of brand new Hawk scarves and bumper stickers increased 10-fold from 2007 to 2008 - they were nowhere to be seen when the Hawks were rubbish under Judge and Knights.

The club and the current group of players are amazing - pack of arseholes but amazing nonetheless. And the coach is the best in the business and just about the best of all time, even if he is more than a little unhinged. I'm not a Carlton supporter so I could care less about the Battle of Britain shenanigans, but I do recall Carlton trying to take over Norf on the stock exchange around the same time so that coupled with the arrogance of the Carlton players would have rubbed Norf up with wrong way in 1987. Geez it was a good fight for a nothing exhibition game.

It was a very sweet feeling to knock off the recent benchmark of the competition on their own stage.

jeemak
17-09-2016, 06:03 PM

Perhaps you are the beneficiary of distance.

They're a brilliant team, Clarkson is a brilliant coach. However, as is the way with prolific winners or successful people, significant amounts of their flaws and or poor behaviours are excused because of that same success.

Like you I have many lifelong Hawks supporter good mates.

westdog54
17-09-2016, 06:46 PM
I got the two extremes of Hawthorn supporters last night. Both work colleagues.

One I was exchanging texts with all night. A massive Hawthorn man but deeply respectful of what we've done over the last two years, to the point where he's almost in awe. We were far the better team and the scoreboard flattered Hawthorn. He's firmly on the bandwagon.

The other I spoke to briefly as I walked into the office at 1.30 in the morning. I gave him a cheeky 'woof, woof, woof' on the way in. He proceeded to bite my head off, saying "Very funny, now go away", before launching into a tirade about how he never said anything when 'we beat you all those times'. Had little respect for the bloke to begin with and what was left evaporated in that one moment. I just said 'OK then' and walked away.