PDA

View Full Version : Three things I've learned-week two Semi Final v Hawthorn

Twodogs
16-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Give us your best three.

bulldogtragic
16-09-2016, 11:32 PM
1. We can win the 2016 AFL Premiership.
2. Thankful Bruest missed in the second to go to a 27 point lead.
3. Time to look at tickets next week!

westdog54
17-09-2016, 04:03 AM
1. This club has character by the bucketful. To shake off that start and give up the lead we did, and roll the reigning three-time premier was just astonishing.
2. Bontempelli is fast running out of boxes to tick. Led us to a finals victory.
3. We will ride a wave of support like no other in AFL History next week.

Daughter of the West
17-09-2016, 09:45 AM
1. Watching a win like that in front of 87,000 people with a huge roar for the Dogs is just amazing
2. I'm not tall enough to wave my scarf around over my head (apologies to those sitting nearby who got belted)
3. Bonti is sublime. I should have named my pup Marcus.

Bonus
4. My sister's boyfriend learned never to sit between DOTW and her sister at a game, especially a tense one

bornadog
17-09-2016, 09:51 AM
1. There is nothing like watching footy in a packed MCG and winning - 3rd highest crowd we have ever played in front of.

2. Bevo the guttiest coach going around - trusting teenagers and young players to win big finals. Hawks on average were 3 years older with 71 games more experience and we smashed them.

3. We have seen the end of an ERA and the begining of a new

MrMahatma
17-09-2016, 10:12 AM
1. We can score. That was our equal 4th highest score for the year. Apart from vs Crows, the others came against lesser teams.
2. We can dominate anyone. We didn't just win last night, we smashed them. They weren't in it in general play for so much of the game.
3. Clay Smith, who I've lost a bit of love for lately, is clutch. His shots on goal at important times were so critical.

Mofra
17-09-2016, 10:14 AM
1. Bont
2. em
3. pelli

That is all

angelopetraglia
17-09-2016, 10:35 AM
1. We can draw a massive crowd. +87,000. Our club deserves more prime time and blockbuster games.
2. We have some serious momentum. We are playing our best footy when it really counts.
3. Liam Picken was born to play September football.

josie
17-09-2016, 11:51 AM
2. I'm not tall enough to wave my scarf around over my head (apologies to those sitting nearby who got belted)

Bonus
4. My sister's boyfriend learned never to sit between DOTW and her sister at a game, especially a tense one

Love this!! Hi fived so many during 3rd and 4th qtr and at final siren my hand was sore.

westbulldog
17-09-2016, 12:13 PM
1. Josh Dunkley is 19, plays with the maturity of a 25yo and could be anything.
2. This team wants to win the Grand Final this year.
3. Liam Picken just gets better every week.

AndrewP6
17-09-2016, 01:37 PM
1. I must never, ever, take up gambling. I could lose my house.
2. These boys are made of the tough stuff. Although I kinda new that, they showed 87000+....
3. Bulldogs are a family. Never had so many complete strangers high five, shake my hand, sing the song..

ratsmac
17-09-2016, 02:10 PM
1. We learned a lot from the Adelaide final last year. Bevo changed our game style during the season (boring at times) to stand up in September.

2. The Bont didn't enjoy having a quiet one last week (for his standards). I don't remember a bulldog player taking a final by the scruff of the neck like he did last night.

3. We smashed the reigning premier's for the last 3 years and had them perfectly at arms reach that we started icing the clock halfway through the last quarter and just came home on cruise control.

ledge
17-09-2016, 02:23 PM
1Tom Boyd is getting better and showed at half time he won't take any shit
2 macavaney is a front runner and jumped off Rioli onto the Bont in about 1 minute.
3 Caleb Daniel isn't a rising star , he already is a star that's why he didn't win it.

SquirrelGrip
17-09-2016, 02:34 PM
1. The Bont has taken the mantle from Luke Hodge
2. Our 24 million supporters love us. Everyone else is at last getting to see what we already knew ... and they are in awe!
3. Jack Macrae can stand up when it counts.

EasternWest
17-09-2016, 07:01 PM
1. The Bont has taken the mantle from Luke Hodge
2. Our 24 million supporters love us. Everyone else is at last getting to see what we already knew ... and they are in awe!
3. Jack Macrae can stand up when it counts.

Except he's actually a good bloke.

Bulldog4life
17-09-2016, 07:48 PM
1. Bevo is going to be the best coach in our history.

2. Our medical team and conditioning team are to be congratulated in a very difficult year for them.

3. Dunkley was a bargain pick as Darymple's star continues to glow brighter

Nuggety Back Pocket
17-09-2016, 08:56 PM
1. Having 22 players playing for each other has been outstanding.
2. Our attack on the ball and strong tackling has been exceptional.
3.To make the final 4 after so many setbacks has been fantastic.

Flamethrower
17-09-2016, 09:08 PM
1. When the pack gathers in such huge numbers at the home of football it is awesome. The G was rockin' last night.

2. Channel 7 may insist on having us on Friday night EVERY WEEK next year.

3. There is no ceiling on what our team is capable of.

Ozza
20-09-2016, 05:09 PM
1. This group don't give a stuff about history, 'curses', and premiership windows....they are smashing through the lot of them.
2. Liam Picken & Clay Smith are forming a ruthless 'pressure forward' combination.
3. I have run out of superlatives for the Bont. You know who it is.....its HIM!

Twodogs
20-09-2016, 05:25 PM
1. Watching a win like that in front of 87,000 people with a huge roar for the Dogs is just amazing
3. Bonti is sublime. I should have named my pup Marcus.

Bonus

Rookie error.

1Tom Boyd is getting better and showed at half time he won't take any shit
2 macavaney is a front runner and jumped off Rioli onto the Bont in about 1 minute.
3 Caleb Daniel isn't a rising star , he already is a star that's why he didn't win it.

I can see that now. Caleb couldn't win the RS because he's a genuine star. And it wouldn't have been fair on the others. They were mostly just kiddies, the others. Oh yeah you couldn't have a proper footballer winning that. That'd look silly.

Ghost Dog
20-09-2016, 10:15 PM
Definitely made a case in a boost for our prime time slot allocation with such a packed crowd.
Tory Dickson had me cursing early on. I hope he got it out of his system.

The joy on the faces of our older fans is priceless.

Go_Dogs
21-09-2016, 09:17 AM
1. Winning big finals at the G is what footy is all about - now that I've experienced it.
2. Picken is Mr September
3. A fair few Hawks supporters were surprisingly gracious in defeat. I guess you can be when you've won 3 in a row.

bornadog
21-09-2016, 09:47 AM
3. A fair few Hawks supporters were surprisingly gracious in defeat. I guess you can be when you've won 3 in a row.

This is true, a few Hawks supporters sitting next to us shook our hands and said good luck next week.

craigsahibee
21-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Definitely made a case in a boost for our prime time slot allocation with such a packed crowd.
Tory Dickson had me cursing early on. I hope he got it out of his system.

The joy on the faces of our older fans is priceless.

To quote Travis Bickel "You talkin, to me?"

KT31
21-09-2016, 01:19 PM
This is true, a few Hawks supporters sitting next to us shook our hands and said good luck next week.

Experienced this with as few myself, there were a couple of ugly ones on both sides when walking over the packed footbridge though.