PDA

View Full Version : What A Night For Our Club

Eastdog
17-09-2016, 12:40 AM
Just got home. Im speechless and still dealing with our excellent win and playing off in a prelim final.

whythelongface
17-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Awesome stuff Eastie. Must have been an awesome night at the G. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you make it to Sydney.

Eastdog
17-09-2016, 12:44 AM
Awesome stuff Eastie. Must have been an awesome night at the G. Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you make it to Sydney.

Will just watch the prelim from home. Next time ill be going to see us play will be either the Grand final in 2 weeks or in 2017. It will be the GF! Was a great atmosphere at the G. Our fans were the most passionate that I have ever seen.

whythelongface
17-09-2016, 12:47 AM
Will just watch the prelim from home. Next time ill be going to see us play will be either the Grand final in 2 weeks or in 2017. It will be the GF! Was a great atmosphere at the G. Our fans were the most passionate that I have ever seen.

So we will see you at the GF mate. enjoy the ride.

Eastdog
17-09-2016, 12:51 AM
So we will see you at the GF mate. enjoy the ride.

Yep :) Are you going next week whythelongface?

Throughandthrough
17-09-2016, 12:57 AM
a win for the Ages. Will bring in members, sponsors, blockbusters, friday night footy, success, $$$ and belief. And hopefully a premiership.

whythelongface
17-09-2016, 01:18 AM
Yep :) Are you going next week whythelongface?

For sure mate. Can't wait

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 02:33 AM
What a fortnight.

EJ Game.
Women's Game.
Smashed last year Grand Finalist at their place, in their red hot form.
Won into a VFL Prelim final.
Smashed the three time reigning premier on the MCG in front of 87,000 breaking a heap of records.
Won into an afl prelim.

Best fortnight I can ever, ever remember as a club. And the story ain't finished yet!!!

LostDoggy
17-09-2016, 08:14 AM
What a fortnight.

EJ Game.
Women's Game.
Smashed last year Grand Finalist at their place, in their red hot form.
Won into a VFL Prelim final.
Smashed the three time reigning premier on the MCG in front of 87,000 breaking a heap of records.
Won into an afl prelim.

Best fortnight I can ever, ever remember as a club. And the story ain't finished yet!!!

Broooce actually came up with an amazing stat. Last night was 55 years to the day since we last won 2 finals in a row.

SonofScray
17-09-2016, 08:33 AM
Oh what a night,
September 16 at the MCG,
Footscray claimed a famous victory,
Oh what a night.

The Doctor
17-09-2016, 09:50 AM
It's the morning after and my daughter brought me my morning coffee as she always does and asks me "whats wrong?".

she asks because i'm shaking a little and feeling very emotional. this means so much to me. I've been following this club since black and white tv and haven't felt like this before.

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 09:54 AM
It's the morning after and my daughter brought me my morning coffee as she always does and asks me "whats wrong?".

she asks because i'm shaking a little and feeling very emotional. this means so much to me. I've been following this club since black and white tv and haven't felt like this before.

It's amazing isn't it, I jumped on here immediately to make sure it wasn't a dream. Two finals made up of my/our wildest dreams.

westdog54
17-09-2016, 09:55 AM
I was working last night and only just got home, to find my daughter had been w writing down the score everytime we scored so that I didn't miss out. And that she and her brother belted out the dogs song very loudly at full time.

bornadog
17-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Got home and watched the replay, went to bed after 1 am, and the whole night I was thinking about the game. Woke up exhausted at 6.30am

Mofra
17-09-2016, 10:17 AM
A reminder - we lost to the third last team in the last round of the year and were given no hope of even winning a final.

How much character does this team have? By god last night was good. Went with a Collingwood and Essendon fan and caught up with a Geelong and Essendon fan after the game, all went to the game and cheered for us. Amazing atmosphere.

azabob
17-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Got home and watched the replay, went to bed after 1 am, and the whole night I was thinking about the game. Woke up exhausted at 6.30am

I didnt get home till after 1am!!

whythelongface
17-09-2016, 10:08 PM

Bit like that. It was hard to sleep and then woke up early (and I didn't get to the game). Felt stuffed during the day yet also ecstatic. It just feels like something special is about to happen- it's already started it just needs that fairy tale finish.

Eastdog
17-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Oh what a night,
September 16 at the MCG,
Footscray claimed a famous victory,
Oh what a night.

I say Go Dogs! Go Bulldogs! many times when I'm at the footy but also occasionally say come on Footscray which I did a bit last night.