PDA

View Full Version : Was the Bonts game tonight the best game by a Bulldogs player in modern times?

whythelongface
17-09-2016, 01:31 AM
The kid was sensational. On the big stage against the best team in recent history. He took the game by the scruff of the neck and turned it our way.

He just took his game to another level. Lead from the front and our whole team followed.

It is hard to believe he is only 20.

To do what he did against the reigning premier. Wow

comrade
17-09-2016, 01:40 AM
The block of Hodge's handball and pinpoint pass to Dickson was like a passing of the baton.

jeemak
17-09-2016, 01:43 AM
Chris Grant 2000 against EFC stands out.

But the Bont is so Bont it's unbelievable. He's so bloody big compared to other midfielders, and his hands, stopping, moving, kicking and thinking are elite already.

jeemak
17-09-2016, 01:44 AM
Double

jeemak
17-09-2016, 01:45 AM
The block of Hodge's handball and pinpoint pass to Dickson was like a passing of the baton.

I look forward to watching the Bont smash a shiteload of injunction, belt a heap of blokes, get caught drink driving and win four premierships in the near future.

A Lite 'n' Easy advertisement will be the cherry.....

boydogs
17-09-2016, 01:47 AM
I had Picken BOG, but it was great to watch Bonts sit Hodge on his arse then later pickpocket the ball from him and setup a goal

jeemak
17-09-2016, 01:48 AM
I had Picken BOG, but it was great to watch Bonts sit Hodge on his arse then later pickpocket the ball from him and setup a goal

I had Jack with Bont second and Picken third. Picken is force feeding me roast words on a weekly basis these days.

AndrewP6
17-09-2016, 02:09 AM
I thought he was really good. Then I got home and am watching the replay. He's a dead set superstar.

Twodogs
17-09-2016, 02:09 AM
Jack went for four quarters. Gather, handball, run to make an option.

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 02:21 AM
Could be. A cut throat semi final, killed them in clearances and contested possession, a couple of crucial goals and score assists and general class and physicality. He's something to behold at 20yo. I still have him finishing highly in the Brownlow fwiw.

lemmon
17-09-2016, 02:24 AM
I'm gonna have to rewatch this one. So many stood out tonight, Bont was one of the army

bulldogtragic
17-09-2016, 02:27 AM
I'm gonna have to rewatch this one. So many stood out tonight, Bont was one of the army

Tonight we went from an ambitious Walter White into a full on manic Heisenberg. Now Peter Gordon use the line again.... :D

Remi Moses
17-09-2016, 04:51 AM
Probably the best finals game since Dougie in 85 .
He put the side on his shoulders, and that steal off top bloke drink driver gut puncher Hodgey was pure beauty .
Such a level headed intelligent young bloke as well

The Bulldogs Bite
17-09-2016, 05:07 AM
I would marry Bontempelli if my partner let me.

whythelongface
17-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Chris Grant 2000 against EFC stands out.

But the Bont is so Bont it's unbelievable. He's so bloody big compared to other midfielders, and his hands, stopping, moving, kicking and thinking are elite already.

Yes hard to go past Grant in 2000.

Last night was a huge game; semi-final; packed crowd; standing up when it mattered; being the player to spark us and take control of the game - it was a team effort, no doubt, but one player stood out with some key plays - haven't see such big plays by a player wearing our colours in such a big big game.

LostDoggy
17-09-2016, 02:51 PM
I would marry Bontempelli if my partner let me.

I would marry Bont if he let me.

Ghost Dog
17-09-2016, 03:11 PM
Those inspector gadget arms and footy brain, the raking left foot. Not to mention the name, which rolls off the tongue quite well when you are letting rip with a cheer!

Sedat
17-09-2016, 04:56 PM
I look forward to watching the Bont smash a shiteload of injunction, belt a heap of blokes, get caught drink driving and win four premierships in the near future.

A Lite 'n' Easy advertisement will be the cherry.....
That will make him a "good bloke you can have a beer with" ;)

Bulldog4life
17-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Retweeted by Will Anderson

Gerard Whateley ‏@GerardWhateley · 3h3 hours ago

When @Wil_Anderson saw Marcus Bontempelli's mum in the rooms he walked up and said "thank you"
She replied "I get that a lot"
@ABCAFL

https://twitter.com/Wil_Anderson

merantau
17-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Marcus Bontempelli is a dead set once in a generation player - gifted, hard-working, tough, smart, charismatic; he is destined to be our flag bearer for years to come and he will add years to my life as there's no way I'm going drop off the perch while he's still around making our opponents look like chumps! Go Dogs!

Topdog
17-09-2016, 07:15 PM
That will make him a "good bloke you can have a beer with" ;)

Hopefully he lets me be a passenger in his car at the end of that beer

Topdog
17-09-2016, 07:17 PM
As for the Bont that was absolutely sensational. His skill, his execution, his ability to stand up in the big moments.

Watching at the ground I thought he was top 2 on the ground, having seen the replay and being able to see all those little taps to teammates, deflections of opposition balls and general all round brilliance he was by far BOG. An amazing performance.

Bulldog4life
17-09-2016, 07:32 PM
Retweeted by Will Anderson

Gerard Whateley ‏@GerardWhateley · 3h3 hours ago

When @Wil_Anderson saw Marcus Bontempelli's mum in the rooms he walked up and said "thank you"
She replied "I get that a lot"
@ABCAFL

https://twitter.com/Wil_Anderson

As an extra to this my cousin who is treasurer of the WA Bulldog supporter group sold a raffle ticket to Mrs. Bont at the West Coast game. He asked was she The Bont's mum. She said yes. He said to her thank you so much for having sex. She laughed and said no one has said that exactly to me before.

bulldogtragic
26-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Gil just said now of Bonts: You feel he is going to be the face of this league.

Bonts - Cha Ching $$$$$ :D